Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like a future "Supernatural" EP?

If future supernaturals were to get their own game packs like Vampires, the fleshing out of each of them as individual life states would be benefited greatly; as focusing on one facet of content allows for much more development and attention to detail. However, this approach also seems to be a little impractical. The developers would need to blow a much larger budget, and the time spent on developing each of the life states equally is going to be massive; which means that ts4 is going to need to have a really long life span just to ensure that those supernatural GPs alone don't take up 60% of GP releases. Not to mention if a customer were to want all of the life states in their game, they'd have to invest 25 bucks on each of them - which would most likely end up being more than ts3's Supernatural pack alone.

So, with all of this in mind, would you like a "Supernatural" equivalent for ts4 that includes all of the occult life states once and for all, or would you rather them continue the trend they've set with Vampires (I.e. each supernatural getting their own GPs)?

Comments

• Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    I prefer the GPs for supernatural life states. Back in TS2 and TS3, I got really excited for supernaturals, then got quite disappointed and didn't end up playing them much past the first game I got them. Vampires have managed to stay fun so far. Quite frankly, so far with TS4, I've found EPs to be a little underwhelming, and GPs amazing, so it's not much of a question for me. And I certainly wouldn't mind TS4 lasting longer, as they've managed to make the game more interesting this year and I'd rather not have to start over with a new game now that I'm enjoying this one.
  • Options
    oasis10oasis10 Posts: 81 Member
    I was never to keen on that sims pack
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Witches are the only life state I can see that deserve their own pack. Werewolves possibly, but werewolves were never nearly as possible as Witches and Vampires. Those have always been the most popular life states.

Zombies absolutely need to come with witches though.

Everything else can come in an expansion or one all together.

Fleshed out Plant sims with seasons, Mermaids with a tropical destination. We should have a supernatural pack that comes Werewolves, Genies, and for the first time Elves.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    One done really well in a GP each. Why would you want to lump them altogether and get half-baked supernaturals?
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Don't touch my Witches & Wizards GP

narcisa-dont-touch-its-art-21.gif?resize=500%2C281
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Give me witches, give me fairies, but preferably in their own individual game packs. I have more faith in the GP team to do them right.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    One done really well in a GP each. Why would you want to lump them altogether and get half-baked supernaturals?

This.

From the vampires pack, we can tell that, if given the chance, ts4 can have really well done occults. But the EPs so far, have been a little lacklustre.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    A GP for witches ... please please please !
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No I’m not a fan of supernaturals. On the same day I bought the vampire pack I downloaded a mod to banish all the vampires, cause that’s how I roll
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,455 Member
    I like playing supernaturals too. Vampires are not my favorite supernaturals but they seem to be done really well. So I really hope next time they make a pack with life states I really want to have back. For me that would be robots (servo's, plumbot, I don't care for the name they get.) or plantsims (unlikely since they are reduced to a temporary state in TS4, *sigh*) But I'd also like witches and fairies.
  • Options
    lanky2610lanky2610 Posts: 5 New Member
    I liked playing as a witch or fairy in TS3, so I would like to have them back. Oh, and dragons added too possibly building on the cats and dogs mechanic like in TS1.
  • Options
    LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    I love what they did with the vampires, a game pack per supernatural state is absolutely the way to go. That way they can get the depth they deserve and they become more fun to play.

Don't even really care which supernatural state comes next, looking forward to it anyway!
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited December 2017
    I can see both sides - GPs offer more depth, an EP more breadth (and less expense). I would be happy either way, as long as we get werewolves. A werewolf GP to complement the vampire GP would be my preferred option. I know most people seem to want witches the most though.
  • Options
    A werewolves GP and a Magic GP. After that, if they want to make one EP for other supes due to not much to flesh out, I'm fine with that.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited December 2017
    I'd like witches, and fairies. >:)

(But PLZ not have witches conjure apples (practically) every few seconds! And fairies not glitch out so much, with the wings. That drove me insane in the past. This was even with saves that I had No CC or Mods in. :s )
  • Options
    Phoenix_ForcePhoenix_Force Posts: 44 Member
    I’ve been quite content with the game packs so far which unfortunately I can’t really say for the expansions packs. Vampires was well executed so game packs all the way. The only supernatural I would like to see are Witches and Warlocks. Preferable in a setting as ominous as in the Sims 1 Makin Magic. The rest of the supernaturals are optional for me.

Origin name: Duuuc
  • Options
    I think the fact that GPs are focused on one distinct theme help make them seem more well done. EPs are bigger and usually have a new world and are broader so it will appeal to more players. Cats & Dogs for example, appeal to a lot of players mainly because so many have cats and dogs themselves. Whereas vampires are fictional and everyone wants a different type of blood sucker, if they want one at all. Some don't.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited December 2017
    I’ve been quite content with the game packs so far which unfortunately I can’t really say for the expansions packs. Vampires was well executed so game packs all the way. The only supernatural I would like to see are Witches and Warlocks. Preferable in a setting as ominous as in the Sims 1 Makin Magic. The rest of the supernaturals are optional for me.

Kind of nerding out here but Witches, Warlocks, and Wizards are all completely different things.

Warlocks are actually witches that betrayed their coven, and the word Warlocks literally translates to Oathbreaker, traitor, monster etc. In a lot of lore, Warlocks actually sold their souls for darker powers. So warlocks are generally evil.

Wizards, Warlocks and witches are all gender neutral titles. :)

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Not really, I'm not a fan of supernaturals. The only lifestate I like other than humans/pets are robots (servos/plumbots), but that's not really a supernatural, it's an invention.
  • Options

Kind of nerding out here but Witches, Warlocks, and Wizards are all completely different things.

Warlocks are actually witches that betrayed their coven, and the word Warlocks literally translates to Oathbreaker, traitor, monster etc. In a lot of lore, Warlocks actually sold their souls for darker powers. So warlocks are generally evil.

This is why I'd like a MAGIC pack as opposed to a WITCHES pack. With a magic pack and the same basic setup as vampires, you should be able to create any magical creature you want: witch, wizard, warlock, genie, etc. And make them good or evil or anywhere n between.
    lexus20 wrote: »
    Not really, I'm not a fan of supernaturals. The only lifestate I like other than humans/pets are robots (servos/plumbots), but that's not really a supernatural, it's an invention.

I definitely want bots/servos back. But I would like it in a pack with the inventing bench to create many mechanical objects like we had before. Along with the inventers bench, I'd like to add a Mad Scientist career where you Mad Scientist can create odd/weird creatures like Frankenstein's Monster with the lab and those electrical bolts of light zapping around.

Maybe the Mad Scientist career should just be a pack by it's self.
  • Options
    kristen_k7kristen_k7 Posts: 16 Member
    I've never been very interested in the supernatural packs personally but I know a lot of other people enjoy them. I don't even buy them anymore.
  • Options
    Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    Yes, I have a handful of ideas for each EP/GP

They should make a werewolves GP, a dragon GP, and a magic EP that includes both Witches, fairies and zombies. And they should add robots, mummies, bigfoot and mermaids into EP's that fit them. Like mermaids in a tropical island pack or robots in a future pack.

My ideas and reasoning's: Dragon's and Werewolves get their own separate pack like vampires did that way they can expand them in depth. Werewolves should get 3 forms and dragons should get different elements.

Witches, fairies, and zombies are together because both witches and fairies seem mystical and magical, zombies however can be made using dark spells like magic. Both witches and fairies should get elements like the dragons.
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2017
    I like the Vampire gp and would love to see at least Witches/Wizard have their own indepth gp. Gps are 20 bucks - by the way. I would like all the supernatural we get to do like wise. I am a big fan of Supernaturals - and I am all for them each having their own well done gp. It is worth 20 bucks to me for each of them done like that.

And no I am not rich - but when I like something I will pay for it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'd rather a GP, I think it's win-win-win.

Well at Least Sorcerers and Werewolves.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

This is why I'd like a MAGIC pack as opposed to a WITCHES pack. With a magic pack and the same basic setup as vampires, you should be able to create any magical creature you want: witch, wizard, warlock, genie, etc. And make them good or evil or anywhere n between.

Right, but they would still have to give the Life State a name, and I don't think allowing humans to simply just acquire a Magic/Spell Casting Skill is the best way to go. They need to be separate entities.

I just rather they do Sorcerers instead of witches.
    Main reasons:
    - Sorcerers are the most powerful practitioners of magic after all.
    - Sorcerer is a far better and respectable title.
    - My simself is fated to be a Sorcerer and anything less is an insult.

Just being brutally honest, Witches have always been basic, limited and never allowed to achieve let alone witness real power–
    Don't get me wrong the devs got Witches down pat. But it's time they get a promotion.
    And the shift is simple.

Change the Concept of Magic, Magic is a form of energy, that can be manipulated, can't be created or destroyed

Rename the Life State to Sorcerers
    Arcane Trait - A "Hidden/Dominant Genetic Trait" Which allows the Sim to utilize magic.
    *Note Sim can be born with a Dormant Arcane Trait and the Arcane trait can be severed/made dormant.

Change the concepts of Wands, Spell Books, Cauldrons, and other Magical Tools.

Hand Magic is the default way of doing magic.
    Wands - treated with respect, they are suppose help the magic user
    *Wands are useless/impractical to humans, with no Arcane trait.

Instead of Copying Vampire's Strengths and Weakness Tiers,
    each Sorcerer has a Spell Book UI built into their inventory that is player accessible. The book has 10 chapters worth of Magic topics

As far as gender neutrality goes, I don't really care.

As For Werewolves (which is the GP I hope we're starting 2018 with)
    Is basically the inverse of the Vampires GP.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    In my MAGIC pack idea, when you create a magical sim in CAS, you choose what type you want, witch, fairy, genie, etc. Then that choice will open up the skill tree of magic like the one for vampires, where you decide what and how and the limitations. So much of magic is similar, sometimes the biggest difference is how it's used or wielded. Witches might create potions or conjure spells, fairies might have natural magic without the need for herbs or spells. A genie might need someone to "wish" in order for their magic to work.