DECEMBER 12 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4! Check out whats fixed.
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs: Create The Most Unique Pets With Create A Pet! Read more on the blog.
The Sims 4 Is Coming To Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Read the blog for more info.

(MIS-INFORMED)

WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,072 Member
edited July 26 in General Discussion
I hate when they do this :/ Why the false advertisement?



^ At 44 seconds, they show the scientist career.


DLC WILL BE RELEASED FOR CONSOLES :O
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Comments

  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,651 SimGuru
    Its not false? We plan to roll out DLC we've released on PC to the console versions.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,072 Member
    Its not false? We plan to roll out DLC we've released on PC to the console versions.

    For real? OMG, I thought only Perfect Patio since there was no mention of this, now I am actually thinking of really buying it! Thanks for the info
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I really hope they add DLC to the console versions, the previous ones felt kinda empty
  • PukingautotunePukingautotune Posts: 153 Member
    Its not false? We plan to roll out DLC we've released on PC to the console versions.

    You still have to pay extra for it because it's not in the base game, so it is misinformed.
    tumblr_nz9zidvExq1s2nj6io1_250.gif
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,072 Member
    I really hope they add DLC to the console versions, the previous ones felt kinda empty

    Apparently they will :D
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 7,808 Member
    Its not false? We plan to roll out DLC we've released on PC to the console versions.

    You still have to pay extra for it because it's not in the base game, so it is misinformed.

    It's not, it's all base game stuff?
    My Top 5 Sims Games:
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 4
    3. The Sims 3 (would be higher if it worked properly)
    4. The Sims 1
    5. The Sims Medieval

    xyIcMqt.png
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 930 Member
    edited July 26
    Its not false? We plan to roll out DLC we've released on PC to the console versions.

    This has made my day, when you say DLC i hope you mean eps!!! Please look into it, consoles have huge hard drives, please?




  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 1,774 Member
    edited July 26
    Its not false? We plan to roll out DLC we've released on PC to the console versions.

    Ok, I understand it perfectly. The Sims 4 and The Sims 4 Pets won't be seperate games like previous The Sims games for consoles were.
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,651 SimGuru
    Hello folks! It was brought to my attention that my statement was a bit confusing regarding DLC.

    Just to be clear: We are looking to bring some of the favorite DLC content we've launched for PC over to console. There will be more information about this in the coming months on our blog.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 7,808 Member
    Hello folks! It was brought to my attention that my statement was a bit confusing regarding DLC.

    Just to be clear: We are looking to bring some of the favorite DLC content we've launched for PC over to console. There will be more information about this in the coming months on our blog.

    Does favourite mean the better selling? I'm curious. I want to pre-order, but I'm really worried that it will be abandoned before anything comes out of it (it happened with The Sims 3 console twice).

    It must be so hard knowing things, but having to wait for official deadlines :tongue:
    My Top 5 Sims Games:
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 4
    3. The Sims 3 (would be higher if it worked properly)
    4. The Sims 1
    5. The Sims Medieval

    xyIcMqt.png
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,072 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Its not false? We plan to roll out DLC we've released on PC to the console versions.

    You still have to pay extra for it because it's not in the base game, so it is misinformed.

    It's not, it's all base game stuff?

    No..the scientist career isn't...
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 141 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Its not false? We plan to roll out DLC we've released on PC to the console versions.

    You still have to pay extra for it because it's not in the base game, so it is misinformed.

    It's not, it's all base game stuff?

    No..the scientist career isn't...

    The scientist career came with Get to Work :smile:
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Its not false? We plan to roll out DLC we've released on PC to the console versions.

    You still have to pay extra for it because it's not in the base game, so it is misinformed.

    It's not, it's all base game stuff?

    No..the scientist career isn't...

    It's not the scientist career, it's just that crazily oversized magnifying machine thing. They used it in the original Sims 4 trailer too to create the illusion of a scientist career along with a green coloured sim to suggest that there were Aliens
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 297 Member
    Its not false? We plan to roll out DLC we've released on PC to the console versions.

    You still have to pay extra for it because it's not in the base game, so it is misinformed.

    :s :s
    my gallery id: LIIIIIIIIEEEES

    lastfm
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,072 Member
    dansneller wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Its not false? We plan to roll out DLC we've released on PC to the console versions.

    You still have to pay extra for it because it's not in the base game, so it is misinformed.

    It's not, it's all base game stuff?

    No..the scientist career isn't...

    The scientist career came with Get to Work :smile:

    I know...
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,072 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Its not false? We plan to roll out DLC we've released on PC to the console versions.

    You still have to pay extra for it because it's not in the base game, so it is misinformed.

    It's not, it's all base game stuff?

    No..the scientist career isn't...

    It's not the scientist career, it's just that crazily oversized magnifying machine thing. They used it in the original Sims 4 trailer too to create the illusion of a scientist career along with a green coloured sim to suggest that there were Aliens

    Wooow, that's a bit low
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 8,931 Member
    edited July 27
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Hello folks! It was brought to my attention that my statement was a bit confusing regarding DLC.

    Just to be clear: We are looking to bring some of the favorite DLC content we've launched for PC over to console. There will be more information about this in the coming months on our blog.

    Does favourite mean the better selling? I'm curious. I want to pre-order, but I'm really worried that it will be abandoned before anything comes out of it (it happened with The Sims 3 console twice).

    It must be so hard knowing things, but having to wait for official deadlines :tongue:

    I agree with you on that looking at EA/Maxis history in porting Sims games to consoles.
    i7 6700K 16Gb GTX1070 SC 8GB CM Stryker Full Tower LG 34"UltraWide
    i7 3770K 16GB AMD 390 8GB CM StormTrooper Full Tower LG 34"UltraWide Sound Blaster Suite
    ASUS i7.3 I7 4720 HQ 2.60 GHZ 16 GB GTX 960M 2GB 256GB SSD 1TB HD
    Dell i5 2.6 Ghz 17.3 6GB Onboard video
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 8,931 Member
    edited July 27
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Hello folks! It was brought to my attention that my statement was a bit confusing regarding DLC.

    Just to be clear: We are looking to bring some of the favorite DLC content we've launched for PC over to console. There will be more information about this in the coming months on our blog.

    Does favourite mean the better selling? I'm curious. I want to pre-order, but I'm really worried that it will be abandoned before anything comes out of it (it happened with The Sims 3 console twice).

    It must be so hard knowing things, but having to wait for official deadlines :tongue:

    What I am thinking from every pack they are taking what customers perceived as their favorite and it will make into the DLC. I do not see everything bit released for the PC will make it into the console version and it is probably due to technical reasons or another. However, I do not see this as a bad thing for those who has not brought Sims 4 just to be fair. However, for me owning it on PC it goes against my judgement and is not in my interest to buy it at full price knowing I will be getting the full effect on PC and not the console. As far as DLC goes if it was not part of the base game and PC owners paid for the SPs, SPs and GPS why should consoles owners think it is free?
    i7 6700K 16Gb GTX1070 SC 8GB CM Stryker Full Tower LG 34"UltraWide
    i7 3770K 16GB AMD 390 8GB CM StormTrooper Full Tower LG 34"UltraWide Sound Blaster Suite
    ASUS i7.3 I7 4720 HQ 2.60 GHZ 16 GB GTX 960M 2GB 256GB SSD 1TB HD
    Dell i5 2.6 Ghz 17.3 6GB Onboard video
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 930 Member
    edited July 27
    Hello folks! It was brought to my attention that my statement was a bit confusing regarding DLC.

    Just to be clear: We are looking to bring some of the favorite DLC content we've launched for PC over to console. There will be more information about this in the coming months on our blog.

    Im really disappointed by this. The sims 4 has amazing content and it will be such a shame to not port all packs over especially the eps. San myshuno is beautiful and the careers from get to work! Not to mention dine out and, vampires and parenthood. You guys need to have dlc on the console version to keep people interested. The base game can be boring on its own and the game now with its dlc is so fun!




Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top