Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(MIS-INFORMED)

WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
I hate when they do this :/ Why the false advertisement?

https://youtu.be/FUAHbqsxfUo?t=45s

^ At 44 seconds, they show the scientist career.

DLC WILL BE RELEASED FOR CONSOLES :O
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Comments

• SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Its not false? We plan to roll out DLC we've released on PC to the console versions.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Its not false? We plan to roll out DLC we've released on PC to the console versions.

For real? OMG, I thought only Perfect Patio since there was no mention of this, now I am actually thinking of really buying it! Thanks for the info

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I really hope they add DLC to the console versions, the previous ones felt kinda empty
  • PukingautotunePukingautotune Posts: 154 Member

You still have to pay extra for it because it's not in the base game, so it is misinformed.
    tumblr_nz9zidvExq1s2nj6io1_250.gif
    I really hope they add DLC to the console versions, the previous ones felt kinda empty

Apparently they will :D

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

You still have to pay extra for it because it's not in the base game, so it is misinformed.

It's not, it's all base game stuff?
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited July 2017

This has made my day, when you say DLC i hope you mean eps!!! Please look into it, consoles have huge hard drives, please?
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    edited July 2017

Ok, I understand it perfectly. The Sims 4 and The Sims 4 Pets won't be seperate games like previous The Sims games for consoles were.
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Hello folks! It was brought to my attention that my statement was a bit confusing regarding DLC.

Just to be clear: We are looking to bring some of the favorite DLC content we've launched for PC over to console. There will be more information about this in the coming months on our blog.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Hello folks! It was brought to my attention that my statement was a bit confusing regarding DLC.

Just to be clear: We are looking to bring some of the favorite DLC content we've launched for PC over to console. There will be more information about this in the coming months on our blog.

Does favourite mean the better selling? I'm curious. I want to pre-order, but I'm really worried that it will be abandoned before anything comes out of it (it happened with The Sims 3 console twice).

It must be so hard knowing things, but having to wait for official deadlines :tongue:
    jackjack_k wrote: »

No..the scientist career isn't...

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

The scientist career came with Get to Work :smile:
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member

It's not the scientist career, it's just that crazily oversized magnifying machine thing. They used it in the original Sims 4 trailer too to create the illusion of a scientist career along with a green coloured sim to suggest that there were Aliens
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member

:s:s
    dansneller wrote: »

The scientist career came with Get to Work :smile:

I know...

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

It's not the scientist career, it's just that crazily oversized magnifying machine thing. They used it in the original Sims 4 trailer too to create the illusion of a scientist career along with a green coloured sim to suggest that there were Aliens

Wooow, that's a bit low

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2017

Does favourite mean the better selling? I'm curious. I want to pre-order, but I'm really worried that it will be abandoned before anything comes out of it (it happened with The Sims 3 console twice).

It must be so hard knowing things, but having to wait for official deadlines :tongue:

I agree with you on that looking at EA/Maxis history in porting Sims games to consoles.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2017

What I am thinking from every pack they are taking what customers perceived as their favorite and it will make into the DLC. I do not see everything bit released for the PC will make it into the console version and it is probably due to technical reasons or another. However, I do not see this as a bad thing for those who has not brought Sims 4 just to be fair. However, for me owning it on PC it goes against my judgement and is not in my interest to buy it at full price knowing I will be getting the full effect on PC and not the console. As far as DLC goes if it was not part of the base game and PC owners paid for the SPs, SPs and GPS why should consoles owners think it is free?
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited July 2017

Im really disappointed by this. The sims 4 has amazing content and it will be such a shame to not port all packs over especially the eps. San myshuno is beautiful and the careers from get to work! Not to mention dine out and, vampires and parenthood. You guys need to have dlc on the console version to keep people interested. The base game can be boring on its own and the game now with its dlc is so fun!