Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible Gameplay Objects in Toddler Stuff

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
In this quarter there is a toddler stuff pack.
It's icon features toddler blocks, but they are already in the game, so we can only speculate which toddler objects might be in it.
Remember, the teaser showed an outdoor location so it might be outdoorsy toddler stuff.
I immediately thought of these:
  • Play house
  • Kiddie pool

What other gameplay objects can you think of for Toddler Stuff?
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    A little slide, although that could be a part of a playhouse like the slide with the kids pirate ship.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Where's the hobby horse? Where's the See N Say? Where's all those great, great ideas players gave @SimGuruSarah? :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,790 Member
    I'd love a kiddie pool. And children could use those as well. We had one of those growing up, and it's strange that the franchise has never featured them before.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2017
    Costume chest (fox, fairy and superhero outfits)
  • Options
    kaanvardar99kaanvardar99 Posts: 134 Member
    Maybe some Playground equimpments :)
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Based on what was seen in the quarterly teaser... I agree with it being the costume chest.
  • Options
    LoveMyMeowLoveMyMeow Posts: 38 Member
    a day care system would be nice, but i highly doubt they would add anything like that to a stuff pack.
  • Options
    CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member
    rocking chair. or horse.
  • Options
    emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    edited July 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Where's the hobby horse? Where's the See N Say? Where's all those great, great ideas players gave @SimGuruSarah? :)
    Jase wrote: »
    Based on what was seen in the quarterly teaser... I agree with it being the costume chest.

SimGuru Graham confirmed that there were no gameplay objects shown in the teaser, and that we'll see what they are when the SP is officially announced. We'll be able to see then which ideas were implemented into this SP. :smiley:

While the costumes suggest that a costume chest COULD be a gameplay object, there is also the possibility that those are just fun new CAS options. The chest shown in the teaser has been confirmed to be a toy chest, not a costume chest.
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited July 2017
    To me, the teaser looks like it's in a Park setting. So I'm hoping for a Spring Rider and a Sandpit. I'd use both on my home lots and in my community parks.

TlUFa93.jpg

I'm hoping that we'll also get some new toddler beds, lots of new clothing items especially for everyday wear, some cute new hairstyles which I'm in desperate need of. (all my tots are starting to look the same).
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,502 Member
    To me, the teaser looks like it's in a Park setting. So I'm hoping for a Spring Rider and a Sandpit. I'd use both on my home lots and in my community parks.

TlUFa93.jpg

I'm hoping that we'll also get some new toddler beds, lots of new clothing items especially for everyday wear, some cute new hairstyles which I'm in desperate need of. (all my tots are starting to look the same).

Spring Rider and Sand Bed is what I'm hoping for.
  • Options
    laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    I want more stuff that they can do outside.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

TlUFa93.jpg

Spring riders have also been converted by modders in the past into rocking horses/llamas. Same animation, different model. Maybe the sims team will make rocking horses too, if spring riders are in it.

I also suggested a convertible play pit object (sand/ball pit/kiddie pool that is filled with different fillings according to preference) back in the original toddlers ideas thread. Hopefully they saw it. :p
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I hope it's gonna be the kiddie pool.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,707 Member
    I was gonna say sandpit as well.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    Galu8Galu8 Posts: 15 Member
    How about strollers??
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Slides would be cool and playhouses
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    None of those items even look like they belong outside.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    The biggest reason @SimGuruGraham came up with the idea of the community SP was to show how long it takes to make a SP. As well as to give us a look at the process. That project was started in what April/May, and it won't be released until 2018.
    Toddlers were released in January. Right after that is when the gurus started asking for ideas. This new toddler SP could not be based on the suggestions in that toddler suggestion thread. It simply hasn't been enough time.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,658 Member
    edited July 2017
    I'm afraid it is the costume chest, the treehouse(Didn't think toddlers could go in them in S3), and the pull along wagon. I say afraid because I would've liked a surprise. They should always save something back for each pack that no one knows about so that we can be surprised. I like knowing what it is so I can give feedback like others, but I like surprises too.

I really like the looks of the treehouse/slide type thing and the wagon is neat. I'm not really into the costume chest unless they add a Holidays GP like they did in S2; then it would be super useful. :)

UPDATE:

Graham Nardone
    @SimGuruGraham

Replying to @Merdsjo @TheSimScraper @tazreentasnim

We didn't reveal any new gameplay in this teaser. That said, we did tip the scales towards CAS for this pack - plenty on the way!

Well, I guess I was wrong. Really wondering what gameplay is now. :p Sandbox & pool would be neat, but I hope there is more.
  • Options
    PositivibeePositivibee Posts: 52 Member
    In b4 more CAS items (though I'd adore some more of those).

Anyway I'd like slides sandpits kiddies pools and kites for the older children.
  • Options
    lunapball32lunapball32 Posts: 98 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'd love a kiddie pool. And children could use those as well. We had one of those growing up, and it's strange that the franchise has never featured them before.

FreePlay has kiddie pools. They are very versatile - I have no babies IRL but have kiddie pools for my dogs. Having a toddler splashing around in it and then the dog come through all excited and splashy would be adorable.

I do not think this will be added until next summer though. And when it is, I hope toddlers and children can use it.

I hope the new gameplay objects will increase both skill and character values like the doctor set for children etc. Maybe a dolly that they can carry around?
  • Options
    PositivibeePositivibee Posts: 52 Member
    [quote="lunapball32;c-15880885"][quote="icmnfrsh;c-15878448"]I'd love a kiddie pool. And children could use those as well. We had one of those growing up, and it's strange that the franchise has never featured them before.[/quote]

FreePlay has kiddie pools. They are very versatile - I have no babies IRL but have kiddie pools for my dogs. Having a toddler splashing around in it and then the dog come through all excited and splashy would be adorable.

I do not think this will be added until next summer though. And when it is, I hope toddlers and children can use it.

I hope the new gameplay objects will increase both skill and character values like the doctor set for children etc. Maybe a dolly that they can carry around? [/quote]

I forgot to add dolls and doll strollers/beds to my comment. That'd be sooo precious to see a little tot copying mommy or daddy pushing baby in a stroller.
  • Options
    pastelcyberpunkpastelcyberpunk Posts: 16 New Member
    > @SparklePlumley said:
    > The biggest reason @SimGuruGraham came up with the idea of the community SP was to show how long it takes to make a SP. As well as to give us a look at the process. That project was started in what April/May, and it won't be released until 2018.
    > Toddlers were released in January. Right after that is when the gurus started asking for ideas. This new toddler SP could not be based on the suggestions in that toddler suggestion thread. It simply hasn't been enough time.

Yes, but that's for the full thing, concepts, new CAS and already existing objects, etc. If they had most of that in the works at the same time as the toddler patch, it's possible that the gameplay objects will be from that thread.
  • Options
    pastelcyberpunkpastelcyberpunk Posts: 16 New Member
    Based on the CAS in the trailer and the tree dollhouse, I'm guessing we're going to get some sort of pretend-play objects, like a toy kitchen, playhouse, costume chest, or maybe train or car sets. Since it's a SP for toddlers, I doubt we'll get anything that can be used by multiple ages (like how kids room stuff was child-exclusive except for watching puppet shows), but I'd like to be proven wrong on that.