Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Vampires Patch Issues

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,630 Member
    edited February 2017
    NC453 wrote: »
    Hi, to piggyback off of what lacerbeam posted... I'm also unable to start a new post on the forum? I looked all over for the button to post a new thread and I'm not seeing it. I don't post here often so maybe I'm just missing something?

But I would like to add that I just installed the latest patch and I ran into an issue when I aged my baby up from a toddler and then selected the toddler and clicked on the mirror to change his appearance. It loaded up CAS, and then his icon in the bottom left corner appeared as a baby again. So I exited CAS, and found that he had reverted back to a baby in the bassinet again. Not only that, his toddler sister had reverted back to her everyday outfit (she was in her PJs prior to my attempt to change her little brother's appearance) and had lost all of the skill points she earned during this play session. So she reverted back to the lower level skill points she had before I patched the game.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this happen. I am playing with copious amounts of mods, so I'll do some testing and see if any of those are the problem.

Hello @NC453
    The mods /cc may be the cause of the issue. Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps to prevent the issue occurring again.

There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads though may have been restricted for new members. You may not be able to start a new thread until you become a full member. This occurs sometimes, especially at weekends and at holiday times.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
  • Options
    NC453NC453 Posts: 5 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads though may have been restricted for new members. You may not be able to start a new thread until you become a full member. This occurs sometimes, especially at weekends and at holiday times.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.

Thank you for the helpful explanation! I thought I'd posted a few times here but I guess maybe I've just been lurking all these years... I did remove my mods after my last post, and was not able to replicate the error. So I'm assuming it's a mod and I will be testing them in batches. I'll report back when I find the one that's causing the problem.
  • Options
    GillBNZGillBNZ Posts: 9 New Member
    GillBNZ wrote: »
    My vampire sim got pregnant before she had completed the option 'Don't drink deeply for 5 days in a row' and it seems to have reset the number of days to zero and even though she has now given birth and still hasn't drunk deeply it no longer seems to be counting the days. Worked fine for the other vampire in the same household who has now completed that option.

Hello @GillBNZ
    You may need to have her drink deeply , then start doing the step in the aspiration again. I am sorry :(

Tried that but doesn't seem to work. Also noticed that vampires can't throw birthday parties which isn't a problem for the adults but if there is a child in the house you can't throw them a party either
  • Options
    My vampire sim got pregnant before she had completed the option 'Don't drink deeply for 5 days in a row' and it seems to have reset the number of days to zero and even though she has now given birth and still hasn't drunk deeply it no longer seems to be counting the days. Worked fine for the other vampire in the same household who has now completed that option.

Hello @GillBNZ
    You may need to have her drink deeply , then start doing the step in the aspiration again. I am sorry :(

Tried that but doesn't seem to work. Also noticed that vampires can't throw birthday parties which isn't a problem for the adults but if there is a child in the house you can't throw them a party either

Hello
    Have you tested to see if a normal sim can throw a birthday party? Try testing to see if they can or if the issue is affecting all sims in your game. If it affects all the sims, move your mods folder to the desktop, and test to see if the issue remains.

With your first issue, try resetting the sim and see if that helps.

If the issues still remain for both issues, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

• Options
    drbelangerdrbelanger Posts: 57 Member
    Okay, I did see the Grand Master Vampire grab her gut and wretch. It occurred outside my home. The only difference was that I recently placed two garlic wreaths by my door. I do have garlic immunity. Still, this is the only tangible difference in the setup. Frankly, I found it kind of cool. Grand Master Vampires shouldn't be happy go lucky stable sorts of people, or at least this is how I see Vampires. It adds a nice edge. I wonder if it is intended, or a bug?
  • Options
    I will also note, never place a woodworking bench outside if you have a vampire. All Sims seem to be drawn to this like flies. Or at least mine, as I tend to like creative ones. I never go short of bunny sculptures, knife blocks, and dragons. Keep it indoors for safety sake!
  • Options
    Also, I had another critical drain. I noticed I had the sunlight debuff as I left. This stuck with me throughout the shift, draining my energy. I let it run this time, and found my energy was restored when I arrived home. No harm done, but it gets the blood going (see what I did there? Funny<Make Vampire Pun). Grin.
  • Options
    drbelanger wrote: »
    I will also note, never place a woodworking bench outside if you have a vampire. All Sims seem to be drawn to this like flies. Or at least mine, as I tend to like creative ones. I never go short of bunny sculptures, knife blocks, and dragons. Keep it indoors for safety sake!

Hello
    You may like to post feedback or press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the woodwork bench issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-Obsessed-with-Workbench/m-p/5675325#M29453
  • Options
    Mogartin21Mogartin21 Posts: 6 New Member
    First: I was never going to get Sims 4, because of the feel of being separated by loading screens to go anywhere or do anything. Christmas, It was on sale, my husband knowing I was into the Sims, got me the game and all the GPs and EPs, so I started playing. Hate the closed in seclusion feel of the game, and play very much the way I did in Sims 2, NEVER go anywhere. TOO MANY LOADING SCREENS! - Sims 3 a 10 minute loading screen, go anywhere in the town - Sims 4 every time you go anywhere a 2 to 5 minute loading screen, as it generates new NPCs, and overloading their inventory with trash items, and who knows what else it's doing as it loads the area, even if it's in the same neighborhood!

While in the city area, watch your SINGLE neighbor head off to work, not even 2 minutes later, same neighbor steps out of the apartment to empty the trash? - Ehem, the neighbor lives alone, supposed to be at work, and yet keeps coming out of their apartment till you see them walk in from the elevator and into their apartment. And every day almost every hour to knock on your door when they are supposed to be working? -

Just a little feedback on descriptions: many of the moodlets, and other places are in broken English, as if the game was being translated from another language by High school students. *I am not much better at times myself, but have noticed it.*

That being said, I have found several issues with the vampires, cause let's face it, I love my Sims games, even this one.

I hadn't said anything, was hoping that the Tired vampire issue, with FULL Vampire Energy was fixed with this last patch, it has not. I have resorted to using the cheat, to remove the moodlet "tired" every time it comes up, because as long as I have Vampire Energy, my vampiric sim should not be getting tired. - This glitch is making the game unplayable, they have full Vampire Energy, and wake up from the coffin, an hour or 2 later, the "tired" moodlet returns and they want to go back to sleep, this needs to be fixed. -

I cured Vlad in my game, - he is still unable to age by default. - Resorted to cheating on him and remove that story opener trait so he would start aging again.

The Plasma Salad issue that has come up, I have never tried it with my vampire, I just make Plasma Janes often, When I have a visit from a decent Vampire, I make 4 to 6 Plasma Janes, and the other vampires will grab and drink it, if their thirst is a bit low. But still, they should get themselves a drink on their own. Without being told to do so. - Guilty Drinker should not be effecting the vampire to not drink at all. There are other options like you learn while researching - Trap Celeb in your home, he keeps saying he has to go, a couple days later, he still refuses to drink from a normal sim that has trapped him. Yes, was trying to do a trapped vampire story with that. -

I have never had my vampire autonomously drink the plasma packs from their own inventory, I ALWAYS had to tell my vampires to get a drink, even when the thirst bar was totally empty, and had over 50 plasma packs and over 200 Plasma fruits in the inventory at the time AND Autonomy was set to full full.*ie, unchecked disable autonomy for currently selected sim, just watched it like a movie* - Tamed thirst or not, should still drink from the plasma packs/eat plasma fruit to stay in the green -

NPC Vampires that progress as a vampire from Fledgling on up, don't auto choose their own powers/weaknesses, This is very immersion breaking. And forces me to have to play other families I don't want to play, to set them up. There is no feel for personal living, like there was for NPCs generated with random traits. The Base code could in fact add this option for those not played by the player. A townie, working a stall, turned into a vampire, or started as a vampire, My sim trains them, they still don't choose their own power. I move them into a home, so I can fix that. THEN returning the sim to the bin is no longer valid to work the stall or any other EA NPC only jobs! - They need to be able to choose their own powers when leveling up as a vampire. I Trained Celeb to become a Grand Master, Celeb is not played, but won't choose powers on his own. Please add this function to the base game -

And a personal complaint for not being able to be an Alien Vampire... That would of been sweet ;) *no rant on that one*

A personal request, as I find drinking from the neck to be a romantic interaction for a vampire, is that a loved one offers their neck instead of wrist, with a greater success chance for getting a drink. Passing out would be fine too from that.

Also, why is there no interaction for a normal sim to offer a vampire a drink of their blood? Here, drink, or drink deep options...
  • Options
    Mogartin21Mogartin21 Posts: 6 New Member
    @rosemow Thank you, I just clicked "me too"
  • Options
    RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    My vampire toddler won't age, and also can't seem to use the birthday cake. How do you use the birthday cake for toddlers? I've tried everything.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• Options
    Revenwyn wrote: »
    My vampire toddler won't age, and also can't seem to use the birthday cake. How do you use the birthday cake for toddlers? I've tried everything.

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    With the birthday cake there should be an option to ask for help to blow out the candles.

If the issues remain, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    With the birthday cake there should be an option to ask for help to blow out the candles.

If the issues remain, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Already tried this and it didn't work.

• Options

Hello

With the birthday cake, make sure that you have put candles on the cake.

Try resetting the toddler .

Try having the sims travel to another lot and back, then test to see if that helps.

Try having the sims household move to another home. Then have them move back to the original home and see if that helps.
  • Options

Hello

Try having the sims travel to another lot and back, then test to see if that helps.

Try having the sims household move to another home. Then have them move back to the original home and see if that helps.
  • Options
    TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    There does seem to be an issue with some vampires not loosing their human needs.

You can me too/post here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Vampires-still-have-human-needs/td-p/5842823/

Please make sure to try on vanilla game.

I've published a bugfix mod for this until Maxis is able to resolve the issue.
    [Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
  • Options

Hello

I tried all of these suggestions, and yes I had candles on the cake.

Nothing has worked. Can you edit sim in create-a-sim and age them that way?

• Options

Hello

I tried all of these suggestions, and yes I had candles on the cake.

Nothing has worked. Can you edit sim in create-a-sim and age them that way?

Hello.
    Yes, you can edit sims in cas and age them up that way. Enter cas.fulleditmode cheat then take them into cas.
  • Options
    OK dumb me, apparently the cake had to be on the counter for it to work.

• Options
    OK dumb me, apparently the cake had to be on the counter for it to work.

Hello
    It is good that the birthday cake is working in your game now.
  • Options
    ProfessorCookieProfessorCookie Posts: 11 New Member
    All except for one of my employees at my restaurant became vampires with the new vampire pack. When I "Open" my restaurant, only the non-vampire employee shows up and the other ones are nowhere to be found. Anyone know a solution?
  • Options
    All except for one of my employees at my restaurant became vampires with the new vampire pack. When I "Open" my restaurant, only the non-vampire employee shows up and the other ones are nowhere to be found. Anyone know a solution?

Hello
    The other employees may have been culled. To prevent this occurring, hire some new employees, then go to manage households, and find the sims you have employed. Move them into a home in the game. Don't play the household.
    If the sims though are still in the game and haven't been culled, fire the sims through the phone and hire new employees .