Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Vampires Patch Issues

Comments

• Options
    ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    @SimQAMadacat I have encounted an issue with the "Draught of Reconfiguration." The issue is that it doesn't work.

I have a grandmaster vampire, Kol Mikaelson, who created a "Draught of Reconfiguration" and drank it. It did nothing (except cost 1000 simoleans).

No CC. No mods and you can't have my save file.

I ran into this twice - once with unspent power points and when I spent his points and tried again, it still didn't work. What may be relevant is that he has supernatural speed enabled - you will have to test to find out. This feature ("Draught of Reconfiguration") is supposed to work.

Also will your team be addressing the issue of vampires not being able to eat plasma fruit salad?

Also (mentioned in the OP) will your team make home made plasma packs autonomously usable?

You should note that there are two Drink options on the menu for the Draught of Reconfiguration, use the second at 2:00, the top one wastes your money and materials. Second option works.
  • Options
    MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    My fully transformed vampire constantly has human sleep needs. Her needs bar looks like a vampires, and her vampire energy will be completely full, and yet she often has a "tired" emotion, making her uncomfortable most of the time. She is CONSTANTLY autonomously trying to sleep in bed, nap on benches, etc.
    She is also now having regular energy failures.
    It's hard to do anything about this because, as a vampire, she has no bar showing me when she would need to sleep.
    I can only explain this as still responding like she has human sleep needs without them being visible. I've found about 5 others through Reddit who are currently also experiencing this problem.

Please someone look at this, the energy failures are making the game really unplayable.

I Don't know if this has been answered yet, but I have found a work around. The reason why the vampire is constantly tired or passing out, or even starving even though the stats are all the way positive is that the non vampire SIM stats are still in play. I don't think they are supposed to be, but they are. To fix the sleep issue, simply have your vampire sleep in a normal bed instead of the coffin. However if you have progressed to the point, and chosen to make only the coffin a comfortable place to sleep, then I don't know the work around, .....well for actual sleep. The same thing with the food. Even though the vampire thirst is filled full, the SIM is actually starving for real food. Since vampires don't like SIM food, this is a tough one to solve while eating. However if you have 'get together' both can be cured by "rallying the troops", until the imaginary stat is filled to it's fullest, "or at least gone enough to move forward in the game..

My sim with the energy problem has never slept in a coffin only a bed and the problem still persists.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @loubyloulou
    When you go to your saves folder, you can sort the folder by day/time. Doing that may help you work out the save files.
    This link may also help
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14585710/#Comment_14585710

Thanks very much, Rose. I'll give that a go in the morning - almost bedtime for me where I am now :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,699 Member
    Hello @loubyloulou
    When you go to your saves folder, you can sort the folder by day/time. Doing that may help you work out the save files.
    This link may also help
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14585710/#Comment_14585710

Thanks very much, Rose. I'll give that a go in the morning - almost bedtime for me where I am now :)

You're welcome. Goodnight :)
  • Options
    alwaysl00king2alwaysl00king2 Posts: 50 Member
    Maera wrote: »
    My fully transformed vampire constantly has human sleep needs. Her needs bar looks like a vampires, and her vampire energy will be completely full, and yet she often has a "tired" emotion, making her uncomfortable most of the time. She is CONSTANTLY autonomously trying to sleep in bed, nap on benches, etc.
    It's hard to do anything about this because, as a vampire, she has no bar showing me when she would need to sleep.
    I can only explain this as still responding like she has human sleep needs without them being visible. I've found about 5 others through Reddit who are currently also experiencing this problem.

Please someone look at this, the energy failures are making the game really unplayable.

I Don't know if this has been answered yet, but I have found a work around. The reason why the vampire is constantly tired or passing out, or even starving even though the stats are all the way positive is that the non vampire SIM stats are still in play. I don't think they are supposed to be, but they are. To fix the sleep issue, simply have your vampire sleep in a normal bed instead of the coffin. However if you have progressed to the point, and chosen to make only the coffin a comfortable place to sleep, then I don't know the work around, .....well for actual sleep. The same thing with the food. Even though the vampire thirst is filled full, the SIM is actually starving for real food. Since vampires don't like SIM food, this is a tough one to solve while eating. However if you have 'get together' both can be cured by "rallying the troops", until the imaginary stat is filled to it's fullest, "or at least gone enough to move forward in the game..

My sim with the energy problem has never slept in a coffin only a bed and the problem still persists.

I don't have a solution to this, but only wondering if your vampire has evolved enough that sleeping in a bed is no longer good for them "by choosing traits. If so and if you have the Get Together game pack, then I recommend you throw a club party and "Rally the troops' to see if this fixes the problem. Unfortunately for me it does nothing for the vampire side of me, but it seems to cure the SIM side of me that should not even be in play.

-AL2
    -AL2
  • Options
    alwaysl00king2alwaysl00king2 Posts: 50 Member

Hello
    If you are also having this issue, you may like to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Vampires-still-have-human-needs/m-p/5851994#U5851994

Thank you for your input, I looked at the link, and it appears there are many questions and no solutions. I do hope my experience will help some of the SIMs 4 players until a fix is put into place.

-AL2
    -AL2
  • Options
    Maya319Maya319 Posts: 13 New Member
    kraziefox wrote: »

100% Failure for 'Drain Life Spirit' & 'Compel ...'

Two different save games, two completely seperate sims yet same issue ... both Vampires are Grand Masters, have ALL skills maxed (every skill in game, including 'Vampire Lore' to 15) - all Vampire skills maxed (except 'Dampened Emotions'), does NOT have 'Day Phobia' or 'Undead Aura', they are both 'Garlic Immune' and have all the Aspirations maxed (including the 3 new Vampire Aspirations) - they are úber powerful vampires, yet the ONLY way to get plasma from Sims is to ASK nicely ... 0_0

Either that or stick to a Plasma Pack/fruit diet ... ALL sims, even zero - skilled townies, Resist my Sims attempts. I even try to 'Deprive Needs' to 'weaken' them, but 100% failure in any attempt to drink from a Sim, unless I befriend them & ask (which isn't a huge issue, as I have maxed Charisma) but ... they are SUPPOSED to be Vampires ... can you imagine vampires in any movie having to ask permission?

"Excuse me, dear chap, would you mind awfully if I were to drink your blood - I'm terribly famished"

I paid for Vampires, can I have Vampires please?

Additionally I have the Vampire Skill 'Control Emotion' 3/3 ... yet still do not have the option to control emotions ...

Any chance of FIXING Vampires, please?

I'm having this same issue all of a sudden tonight. I played like normal with a newly made vampire, noooo problems compelling to drink. I'm trying to play with EA-made Caleb Vatore and he can't compel anyone to drink, nor command anyone to do anything; it all fails. What happened??
  • Options
    Master_SteerpikeMaster_Steerpike Posts: 266 Member
    @SimQAMadacat I have encounted an issue with the "Draught of Reconfiguration." The issue is that it doesn't work.

I have a grandmaster vampire, Kol Mikaelson, who created a "Draught of Reconfiguration" and drank it. It did nothing (except cost 1000 simoleans).

I ran into this twice - once with unspent power points and when I spent his points and tried again, it still didn't work. What may be relevant is that he has supernatural speed enabled - you will have to test to find out. This feature ("Draught of Reconfiguration") is supposed to work.

Also will your team be addressing the issue of vampires not being able to eat plasma fruit salad?

Also (mentioned in the OP) will your team make home made plasma packs autonomously usable?

Hi @Master_Steerpike Sorry for the delay in replying to you. I see @rosemow has already pointed you at the AHQ feedback thread and the temporary workaround. However, thank you for the detailed report. We are investigating the problem with the Draught of Reconfiguration.

We are aware of both the plasma pack and plasma fruit salad withered stomach issues.

However, to clarify my role in Live QA is to identify and test issues players are having with the game. I cannot comment on when or if an issue will be fixed.

@SimQAMadacat Thank you for the clarification. As this thread is not only about bugs but also tweaks that players (customers) are suggesting to be handled in a patch, and seeing how that is not your department, could you get someone from the appropriate department into this thread to address customer suggestions? I am sure such interaction would be appreciated by those whose suggestions are acknowledged by an appropriate representative from your company.

It appears that the way vampire thirst is handled is an issue for a good number of players (customers).

Happy customers are good for business.
  • Options
    Hi @loubyloulou

We are aware of the issue and are investigating it. However, if you had a save presenting the problems described would you you mind uploading it? What mods or CC were you using when the issue initially presented?

If you are happy to upload the save, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Hi @SimQAMadacat, I've uploaded the bugged save game to your Mediafire drop - hopefully it's the right one as I have 127 save files in my folder (hence I've not zipped up the whole folder)!

In terms of mods, the main one I'm using is MC Command Center, version 3.1.1, which is the latest version for the vampire patch. I'm also using a couple of small tuning mods: one which lets you buy individual packets of seeds, and one which swaps out the MySims dolls for voidcritter cards when digging for crystals etc. I have a ton of CAS cc and a few bits and bobs of build/buy cc (247 items in total!) - please don't say you want me to list all of them!

Thanks very much for your help.
  • Options
    SimQAMadacatSimQAMadacat Posts: 51 SimQA

Thank you @loubyloulou. We have the file.
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)

Hi @Master_Steerpike Sorry for the delay in replying to you. I see @rosemow has already pointed you at the AHQ feedback thread and the temporary workaround. However, thank you for the detailed report. We are investigating the problem with the Draught of Reconfiguration.

We are aware of both the plasma pack and plasma fruit salad withered stomach issues.

However, to clarify my role in Live QA is to identify and test issues players are having with the game. I cannot comment on when or if an issue will be fixed.

@SimQAMadacat Thank you for the clarification. As this thread is not only about bugs but also tweaks that players (customers) are suggesting to be handled in a patch, and seeing how that is not your department, could you get someone from the appropriate department into this thread to address customer suggestions? I am sure such interaction would be appreciated by those whose suggestions are acknowledged by an appropriate representative from your company.

It appears that the way vampire thirst is handled is an issue for a good number of players (customers).

Hello @Master_Steerpike

This thread has been pointed out to us but we can't possibly go into every thread to acknowledge that we've seen it. If someone from our QA team comes in here to engage they will have noted this thread to the appropriate teams.

Please be respectful to our members of QA who come in here to try and get information to help with getting fixes for issues.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    Thank you @loubyloulou. We have the file.

Awesome, thank you :)
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited February 2017
    kraziefox wrote: »

100% Failure for 'Drain Life Spirit' & 'Compel ...'

Two different save games, two completely seperate sims yet same issue ... both Vampires are Grand Masters, have ALL skills maxed (every skill in game, including 'Vampire Lore' to 15) - all Vampire skills maxed (except 'Dampened Emotions'), does NOT have 'Day Phobia' or 'Undead Aura', they are both 'Garlic Immune' and have all the Aspirations maxed (including the 3 new Vampire Aspirations) - they are úber powerful vampires, yet the ONLY way to get plasma from Sims is to ASK nicely ... 0_0

Either that or stick to a Plasma Pack/fruit diet ... ALL sims, even zero - skilled townies, Resist my Sims attempts. I even try to 'Deprive Needs' to 'weaken' them, but 100% failure in any attempt to drink from a Sim, unless I befriend them & ask (which isn't a huge issue, as I have maxed Charisma) but ... they are SUPPOSED to be Vampires ... can you imagine vampires in any movie having to ask permission?

"Excuse me, dear chap, would you mind awfully if I were to drink your blood - I'm terribly famished"

I paid for Vampires, can I have Vampires please?

Additionally I have the Vampire Skill 'Control Emotion' 3/3 ... yet still do not have the option to control emotions ...

Any chance of FIXING Vampires, please?

@kraziefox

Re: Control Emotions, I just wanted to let you know in case you maybe missed it, that the Control Emotions is actually an area effect that you activate by clicking on your vampire Sim and selecting Vampire...Control Emotions...(Menu of several choices). It's not an interaction you get by clicking on a specific Sim.

If you were already aware of this and it just isn't showing up in your game for some reason, my apologies. My vampire just got this power in my game tonight and it works just fine for me.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options

Hello @Master_Steerpike

This thread has been pointed out to us but we can't possibly go into every thread to acknowledge that we've seen it. If someone from our QA team comes in here to engage they will have noted this thread to the appropriate teams.

Please be respectful to our members of QA who come in here to try and get information to help with getting fixes for issues.

@SimGuruDrake Thank you for the information that this thread has been noted to the appropriate teams. Have a nice day.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Jenamour wrote: »
    The main issue I've ran into is that anytime I have a vampire "Compel for a Drink", the Sim I have them do the action on will randomly start dancing, with or without music. This causes a delay in the Sim doing the action.

@rosemow Thank you, that work around does work.

@Jenamour I have also seen this dancing animation though it does not happen every time. You are not alone in seeing this bizarre behavior.

@SimQAMadacat I have also had it happen that I queue a vampire to compel a deep drink from a specific sim and they drink from a different sim. This can be an issue since, as you know, witnesses to the drinking take relationship hits towards the vampire in question. This doesn't happen every time, but it happens.

Another thing I ran into. As an experiment, I allowed Niklaus Mikaelson to get to irresistible thirst. As expected he did drink from an available sim, but he only sipped (hardly affecting his thirst bar) while the sim in question got the moodlet that she could not be drunk from for another 24 hours. If something like this is to implemented, then the vampire in question should compel a deep drink and satisfy their thirst. I don't know if this is by design or a bug, but it is not good implementation.
  • Options
    The main issue I've ran into is that anytime I have a vampire "Compel for a Drink", the Sim I have them do the action on will randomly start dancing, with or without music. This causes a delay in the Sim doing the action.

@SimQAMadacat I have also had it happen that I queue a vampire to compel a deep drink from a specific sim and they drink from a different sim. This can be an issue since, as you know, witnesses to the drinking take relationship hits towards the vampire in question. This doesn't happen every time, but it happens.

Another thing I ran into. As an experiment, I allowed Niklaus Mikaelson to get to irresistible thirst. As expected he did drink from an available sim, but he only sipped (hardly affecting his thirst bar) while the sim in question got the moodlet that she could not be drunk from for another 24 hours. If something like this is to implemented, then the vampire in question should compel a deep drink and satisfy their thirst. I don't know if this is by design or a bug, but it is not good implementation.

@Master_Steerpike Was the Vampire compelling the drink of Grand Master Rank? What was the relationship between the Sim that was the intended meal and the Sim that was drunk from?

On the Niklaus Mikaelson issue do you have this sim in the gallery? What Vampiric Weaknesses do they have?
  • Options
    edited February 2017

@Master_Steerpike Was the Vampire compelling the drink of Grand Master Rank? What was the relationship between the Sim that was the intended meal and the Sim that was drunk from?

On the Niklaus Mikaelson issue do you have this sim in the gallery? What Vampiric Weaknesses do they have?

@SimQAMadacat

Yes, all of the vampires in that household are Grand Master Rank (they are The Originals). The intended meal was in the friendship range with Kol and the other one was acquaintance. If you mean with each other, then I think it is friendship range.

I haven't put the Mikaelsons in gallery as of this time. (If they can be shared after they are sufficiently developed, then I may put them in gallery. Is that possible?) They all have the following weaknesses: Withered Stomach, Undead Aura, Fitful Sleep and Sleep of the Undead. I hope this is sufficient information for you to track down the problem. Thank you.
  • Options

Thank you @Master_Steerpike The information is helpful. We will look into the issues. You should be able to upload the Michelson's even if their powers are developed.
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    We need a LOL button or a that Bits button for this post..lol
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    So far cannot make sim that I have already saved a vamp or change them from Alien to Vamp. There needs to be button for that.
  • Options
    Rudiarose wrote: »
    So far cannot make sim that I have already saved a vamp or change them from Alien to Vamp. There needs to be button for that.

Hello
    You are unable to make a previously saved sim a vampire in cas. Your sim needs to ask a vampire to turn them. Or you can get one of your other sims who is a vampire and has the vampire creation power to turn them.
  • Options
    GillBNZGillBNZ Posts: 9 New Member
    My vampire sim got pregnant before she had completed the option 'Don't drink deeply for 5 days in a row' and it seems to have reset the number of days to zero and even though she has now given birth and still hasn't drunk deeply it no longer seems to be counting the days. Worked fine for the other vampire in the same household who has now completed that option.
  • Options
    GillBNZ wrote: »
    My vampire sim got pregnant before she had completed the option 'Don't drink deeply for 5 days in a row' and it seems to have reset the number of days to zero and even though she has now given birth and still hasn't drunk deeply it no longer seems to be counting the days. Worked fine for the other vampire in the same household who has now completed that option.

Hello @GillBNZ
    You may need to have her drink deeply , then start doing the step in the aspiration again. I am sorry :(
  • Options
    NobodySimNobodySim Posts: 31 Member
    I've been playing a family of mixed vampires and non-vampires and have a different plasma fruit salad issue. All the non-vampires think it is the rarest of delicacies and even if the fridge is stuffed with excellent meals for non-vampires, they go for the plasma fruit salad almost every time. The nausea moodlet from it is understandable. But they don't learn, so they are immersion breaking stupid on this. It made you nauseous the last six times, and there a four other types of tasty food, WHY grab it again?!?! This is doubly bad when the child is a vampire by heritage, but not a teen yet. Also bad for ex-vampires. It is like some flag isn't being checked well? I spend much of my gameplay being the refrigerator plasma fruit salad police. And with only six of them, I can't always get them all in time! The vampires themselves however are good about autonomously getting appropriate food.
  • Options
    NobodySim wrote: »
    I've been playing a family of mixed vampires and non-vampires and have a different plasma fruit salad issue. All the non-vampires think it is the rarest of delicacies and even if the fridge is stuffed with excellent meals for non-vampires, they go for the plasma fruit salad almost every time. The nausea moodlet from it is understandable. But they don't learn, so they are immersion breaking plum on this. It made you nauseous the last six times, and there a four other types of tasty food, WHY grab it again?!?! This is doubly bad when the child is a vampire by heritage, but not a teen yet. Also bad for ex-vampires. It is like some flag isn't being checked well? I spend much of my gameplay being the refrigerator plasma fruit salad police. And with only six of them, I can't always get them all in time! The vampires themselves however are good about autonomously getting appropriate food.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue :( Thankyou for posting feedback on what is occurring in your game.