Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

can fat kids get slim at all?

for some reasons quite a few of my toddlers grew into fat kids, and I try to exercise like playing basket ball, swimming etc and got their motor skills to 10, but they NEVER slim down! So the question, Kid's physique is not influenced by their activity at all? it is fixed isn't it? When they eventually grew into a fat teen, I could exercise them to slim down...

is it a common problem?

Comments

• Options
    McFizzleShizzleMcFizzleShizzle Posts: 1,632 Member
    My children are usually bigger too, it doesn't really bother me but I've seen somewhere that if you don't feed them often they'll get skinny :flushed:
    tumblr_msx1lynGG41rd67d1o1_500.gif
    Origin ID: McFizzleShizzle
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Try waiting until your toddlers hungry needs are actually in the yellow or red before feeding them. Also monitor what they're eating those free meals are nice but they're probably fairly "fatty." All the food in the game has a calorie count.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    My sims toddler gets berries from his pockets to just nudge out of the yellow :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,596 Member
    Buy the playground sets/monkey bars and build up the motor skills. They SHED pounds for me. More often than not I have sims who are way too skinny cause they over played.
  • Options
    SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    All of my children are too skinny, especially the energetic ones. I would say the monkey bars work too good.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,596 Member
    Yeah, be careful with the monkey bars cause it doesn't take too long before they're skin and bones
  • Options
    CillianLoverCillianLover Posts: 405 Member
    edited January 2017
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Buy the playground sets/monkey bars and build up the motor skills. They SHED pounds for me. More often than not I have sims who are way too skinny cause they over played.

Thanks for this tip! :) All of my sims have chubby kids. I'm normally more than okay with that, but I'm playing a 100 baby challenge and they all have the same exact teardrop body. Some variation is much needed.
  • Options
    katiekat89katiekat89 Posts: 20 New Member
    My sims chubby kids lose weight on the monkey bars when I get their motor skill up. I haven't been having much trouble with my kids being chubby since the toddler update but before the update every one of my kids aged up with the fat slider all the way up.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Are there any other options for them to lose weight indoors? Kids in small apartments...
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    My sims toddler gets berries from his pockets to just nudge out of the yellow :)

ahahahaha - cute. I can just picture this! :smiley:
  • Options
    I have a UFO plant. I leave the fruit around the house so the tots have something grab if they're feeling snacky.

• Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    So monkey bar works but not basketball or swimming!
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I think you need to create a Michelle Obama sim and put her in your game so she can get those little kids into shape :wink: Just kidding

My sim kids only change into athleticwear when playing basketball, so this may be the only real "sport" they can practice. Maybe it will help?
  • Options
    anneloes740anneloes740 Posts: 171 Member
    I think you need to create a Michelle Obama sim and put her in your game so she can get those little kids into shape :wink: Just kidding

This comment cracked me up xD
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I think it's a bug. ALL my children grow up fat. I've been giving them instant lean or whatever it is but then they become stick thin so I can't win! Lol

--T
  • Options
    simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    Are there any other options for them to lose weight indoors? Kids in small apartments...

I take chubby Sims to a restaurant and give them diet ice cream. I haven't tried that with kids. Also you can make the ice cream at home.
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    I've only ever had 1 chubby child and she aged into a teen as overly thin! All my child sims tend to be of a normal weight/on the smaller side. Maybe it's a bug.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options
    simstr0ng wrote: »

I take chubby Sims to a restaurant and give them diet ice cream. I haven't tried that with kids. Also you can make the ice cream at home.

Does that make them lose weight or not gain anymore? I haven't used the ice cream machine much. I think I tried it twice.

• Options
    @SageRainWillow - it makes them lose - after each serving they get up and move a bit and their form reduces. I love the machine at home where you can direct a Sim to take a serving. For friends and NPCs it is really easier to make sure the diet ice cream is on the menu at a restaurant and take the Sim to a restaurant.
  • Options
    simstr0ng wrote: »
    @SageRainWillow - it makes them lose - after each serving they get up and move a bit and their form reduces. I love the machine at home where you can direct a Sim to take a serving. For friends and NPCs it is really easier to make sure the diet ice cream is on the menu at a restaurant and take the Sim to a restaurant.

Thanks you @simstr0ng, I had no idea the diet ice cream did that. My families have a new reason to make ice cream at home now. Very cool.

• Options
    JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    My children are usually bigger too, it doesn't really bother me but I've seen somewhere that if you don't feed them often they'll get skinny :flushed:

Lol this sounds so bad
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @SageRainWillow - you are welcome - you may have to work up to the diet flavor like you have to work up to recipes when you cook...but it is worth it - and depending on the Sim it may take several helpings to get the result you want
  • Options
    tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    Good to know about the kids becoming slimmer. Anyone know about toddlers too? I've had a couple babies grow into some chunky toddlers. Doesn't look healthy lol
  • Options
    I plan on stuffing my toddlers with ice cream too. I think they can eat it. I know they can help themselves to popcorn because mine did that lol

• Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Mine grow into their weight
    giphy_1.gif