The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

can fat kids get slim at all?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    IrkkuBayIrkkuBay Posts: 2 New Member
    I feel you... My child looks like a meatball, I hope that the monkeybars work :neutral:
  • Options
    aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    Are there any other options for them to lose weight indoors? Kids in small apartments...

Try some insta lean - it's amazing and instant!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    simstr0ng wrote: »
    @SageRainWillow - it makes them lose - after each serving they get up and move a bit and their form reduces. I love the machine at home where you can direct a Sim to take a serving. For friends and NPCs it is really easier to make sure the diet ice cream is on the menu at a restaurant and take the Sim to a restaurant.

I have the kitchen door locked for all except one sim and that sim makes the diet icecream so they all stay slim!
  • Options
    ThatDangSimmerThatDangSimmer Posts: 3 New Member
    What you could also do is use a cheat (personally, I use those quite often, and I realized about a month ago that I wasn't actually playing the game). The cheat is simple- it gives you hidden items, and one of those items is a potion by the name of "Slimify". It slims down any sim, from toddler to elder, with about one potion. I personally recommend 2-3 potions, or however many potions it takes for your sims to get to your desired size. Here is the cheat below:
    bb.unlockhiddenobjects
    Before you enter the cheat, you have to put in testingcheats true or else it won't work. Good Luck!
  • Options
    Kuma_frumaKuma_fruma Posts: 46 Member
    This has been just awesome, I made two superhero parents and they are super fit of course, but when I aged up their quadruplets boys to kids they all aged to be chubby, now I know what to do. thanks.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    In my current legacy one of my kids aged up with some chubs and she worked it off on the monkey bars while working on the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration. It took some time though.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    Diet flavoured ice cream from the ice cream machine. Works like a charm.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    When a baby ages up to a toddler, go into CAS with the cas.fulleditmode cheat and slim them down. This way they'll be consistently the shape you want them to be.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,966 Member
    I take my Sims into cas.fulleditmode and give them the bod of my choice. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    kjkjkj123kjkjkj123 Posts: 51 Member
    Just edit them in CAS with testingcheats and slim down their bodies, or wait until they're older. I haven't actually tried making my child sims lose weight since they don't really need to anyway.
    tumblr_mp33xbxIYg1rg0s30o1_250.gifBenzi chibna looble bazebni gweb
  • Options
    TheChloeMcGurkTheChloeMcGurk Posts: 3 New Member
    > @jimbbq said:
    > for some reasons quite a few of my toddlers grew into fat kids, and I try to exercise like playing basket ball, swimming etc and got their motor skills to 10, but they NEVER slim down! So the question, Kid's physique is not influenced by their activity at all? it is fixed isn't it? When they eventually grew into a fat teen, I could exercise them to slim down...
    >
    > is it a common problem?

Ok, so if you're lil bean grows up to be a little bit chubby then my best solution is to do a simple cheat. control/command>shift>c keys (just incase anyone doesnt know how to bring up the cheat bar already) then type in "testingcheats true" after pressing enter, type in "cas.fulleditmode " and right click your sim to modify in cas! You will get the fat slider option. p.s. this is also how you edit a sims premade relationships as well as traits. :smile:
  • Options
    ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    The slip n' slide also works really well.

It could be genetic, though, unfortunately, if all of your Sims are growing up this way. I have found that some people create their males "big boned" so-to-speak and really muscular, and then when they have kids it gives them the appearance of being fat, even though their slider is average weight. I also see that some people make their females all the way skinny, but then stretch them out to look more normal. What that means is when they are an average weight they appear to be fat.

I might cheat and go into fulleditmode just to SEE where the slider is. Then you can tell for sure if they're overweight of if it's just their body structure. You don't have to change it in CAS if you don't want to.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2019
    I don't really have a lot of Sims kids - and so far they are normal size - no really chubby ones or too skinny ones - so I really have no idea.

I don't play big families though - so I keep an eye on my sims families when I am playing them and have them all pretty active and skilling a lot. I have them do the physical skills instead of just reading them. It might make a difference. They are never idle except to sleep.

I do not add a new baby to a family until the last child is ready to turn teen and has all the skills they can earn. So I watch my sims closely - perhaps that helps to keep them more normal size.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    EleanorRooseveltEleanorRoosevelt Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! My toddler sim has full movement skill (level 5), but she is still very chubby, so much so that she doesn't run, she waddles everywhere. I have twins (a boy and a girl), and the boy is neither chubby nor skinny, and runs around the house. The girl is chubby bordering on child obesity, and doesn't seem to be able to run, but both have full movement skill and eat the same quick meals (the ones that don't make adults gain weight)… Any ideas what to do? I find a toddler that can't run very sad