Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire characters of popular culture in your game?

ShanShan Posts: 126 Member
I had a reeally hard time coming up with a name that actually fits and is short enough :D
There are a lot of vampire characters in movies, tv series, books, games etc. Are you guys planning on adding any of these vampires into your games? If so, have you already created some of them?

When I saw the vampires in the trailer I had flashbacks from Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines and decided to add some of the clans in my game, maybe use the Get Together clubs to have Malkavians, Tremere, Nosferatu etc. I've been trying to create Beckett but I just can't get him right >.<
Post edited by Shan on

Comments

• Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    As a matter of fact, I have already created Jeanette/Therese from VtM xD Also some other pop culture vamps- Rayne, Blade, and Selene ^,,^ Can't wait for this pack!!!
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Some of our inspiration was drawn from...

Nosferatu, Interview w/ a Vampire, Bram Stroker's Dracula, Lost Boys, Blade, From Dusk till Dawn, Twilight, Buffy, Underworld, True Blood, Vampire Diaries, Dark Shadows, Near Dark.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

Vampires in popular media are incredibly diverse. They have as many differences as similarities. And everyone seems to have their own specific version of what one should look like and how it should behave. So right from the start, it was very important to us to cater to a variety of styles rather than just picking one specific flavor of vamp and really let the player define what their vampire was.

I think we nailed our goals and I'm real proud of this GP. From they way you can make them look in CAS to the way you can cater their Powers/Weaknesses to the various locations you can put them in, I think it's going to be easier than ever to tell a wide range of fun, different stories. I'm super excited to get this into your hands and see what craziness you can do with it!!

We have only seen snippets, but I still cannot overstate state how impressed I am with your work and the work of your teams. The vampires of The Sims 4 seem to be very well done and, quite frankly, the best in the series. My sincere thanks to all of you as I look forward to the 24th.
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    I love Spike from Buffy. Spike is everything. Although I like to pretend Wolfgang Munch is a teenage, 'it's not a phase' kinda Spike, so maybe I'll just age him up, change his name and turn him into a vamp. Or he could be Spike's offspring... And ooh Drusilla, I love Drusilla a lot soo. And if I add them I have to throw in Buffy and with her Angel bc just... Angel. I don't think I know of any vampires outside of Buffy that I want to put into my game.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    Im gonna make Queen Akasha from "Queen of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸"
    3b7b539214302f671ce9fc88b86a182d.jpg
    and probably Lestat since same "universe"
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Shan wrote: »
    I had a reeally hard time coming up with a name that actually fits and is short enough :D
    There are a lot of vampire characters in movies, tv series, books, games etc. Are you guys planning on adding any of these vampires into your games? If so, have you already created some of them?

When I saw the vampires in the trailer I had flashbacks from Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines and decided to add some of the clans in my game, maybe use the Get Together clubs to have Malkavians, Tremere, Noferatu etc. I've been trying to create Beckett but I just can't get him right >.<

I thought about creating vampire clans from Masquerade with Get Together club system too. It must work very well since we can manage personality requirements and activities for clubs. Or maybe I'll create my own clans, don't know yet :smile: Need to know more about powers and weaknesses.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

Nosferatu, Interview w/ a Vampire, Bram Stroker's Dracula, Lost Boys, Blade, From Dusk till Dawn, Twilight, Buffy, Underworld, True Blood, Vampire Diaries, Dark Shadows, Near Dark.

Vampires in popular media are incredibly diverse. They have as many differences as similarities. And everyone seems to have their own specific version of what one should look like and how it should behave. So right from the start, it was very important to us to cater to a variety of styles rather than just picking one specific flavor of vamp and really let the player define what their vampire was.

I think we nailed our goals and I'm real proud of this GP. From they way you can make them look in CAS to the way you can cater their Powers/Weaknesses to the various locations you can put them in, I think it's going to be easier than ever to tell a wide range of fun, different stories. I'm super excited to get this into your hands and see what craziness you can do with it!!
    Awesome! :smile:

That's a nice variety of inspiration, there! :smile:

I really like having that choice of variety of play, so I thank you all for that.

My personal favorite vamps are those wild and urban ones from the Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines video game, though I did enjoy the ones from Interview With a Vampire book as well. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    Im gonna make Queen Akasha from "Queen of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and probably Lestat since same "universe"

That is going to be awesome!
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Finally my Simself and Edward Cullen can be together.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Right now, my favorite vamps are those from Hotel Transylvania movies and the cute little vampire girl, Vampirina, from the Vampirina Ballerina picture books, but that's more of a recent obscure example, so people may not have heard of it. (I work in schools a lot with little kids, so that's why I am always looking at picture books and baby books, lol. Plus, the pictures are cute to look at.)
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    okester wrote: »
    As a matter of fact, I have already created Jeanette/Therese from VtM xD Also some other pop culture vamps- Rayne, Blade, and Selene ^,,^ Can't wait for this pack!!!
    Ooh, I completely forgot I was going to create her/them too! I'll just add a few different outfits for each personality on one sim and hope she actually chooses different outfits occasionally ;D Kind of makes me wish the insane (or was it inappropriate?) trait operated the same way it did in 3, although it was kind of odd to see sims walking around in their underwear occasionally.

I'm glad the inspiration is so varied, you guys really went the extra mile there. I was so excited to see the sim resembling Nosferatu in the trailer, that one really got my creativity flowing haha so many possibilities!

This thread is helping me remember even more characters I'd like to have in my game. Can't believe I forgot Lestat and Akasha :open_mouth:
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Ooh, I completely forgot I was going to create her/them too! I'll just add a few different outfits for each personality on one sim and hope she actually chooses different outfits occasionally ;D Kind of makes me wish the insane (or was it inappropriate?) trait operated the same way it did in 3, although it was kind of odd to see sims walking around in their underwear occasionally.

I'm glad the inspiration is so varied, you guys really went the extra mile there. I was so excited to see the sim resembling Nosferatu in the trailer, that one really got my creativity flowing haha so many possibilities!

I am very excited to be able to make some truly monstrous vampires again.
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I am very excited to be able to make some truly monstrous vampires again.
    I know right, no need to only have the pretty ones around. Going to make for some interesting storytelling ;D

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

When I saw the vampires in the trailer I had flashbacks from Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines and decided to add some of the clans in my game, maybe use the Get Together clubs to have Malkavians, Tremere, Nosferatu etc. I've been trying to create Beckett but I just can't get him right >.<

The only vampire I wanted was Nosferatu and that sim in the trailers looks to be him. Though I'm sure that there will be room for a Count Dracula.

• Options

Clubs & Vampires get along like PB&J. I'm super looking forward to what players are going to do with it.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited January 2017
    I am not the biggest vampire enthusiast, but I knew I was getting this pack when I got a glimpse of CAS. I would get it for the two pairs of boots I spotted alone, they are awesome! Anyway, I did watch True Blood and loved the show and I will probably create a couple inspired by Pam and Tara and move them into a nice home in Forgotten Hollow.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member

I tried to make them into a single Sim, but the name "JeanetteTherese" wouldn't fit :/ I did however give them each the other girl's outfit, hair, accessories, and makeup under the Party category ^,,^
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

Clubs & Vampires get along like PB&J. I'm super looking forward to what players are going to do with it.

I'm tempted to create a vampire club with the sole activity of feasting on sims (should the game allow all this) and set the hangout to "any park" then leave the club to gather autonomously.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

I'm tempted to create a vampire club with the sole activity of feasting on sims (should the game allow all this) and set the hangout to "any park" then leave the club to gather autonomously.

Ohhhhh. Now I have a question for @SimGuruNinja - Would that club be smart enough to gather only at night?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    LOL, a vamp club meeting up and then burning up in the daytime! That's hilarious. :lol: That's a total Darwin Award right there. They would deserve to die, hehe. Survival of the fittest (or smartest?)!
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I might make the Countess from AHS.
  • Options
    Even if they meet during the day they *should* normally avoid direct sunlight.
    (although I know of several deviant ways already to get around that. hehehe)
  • Options
    I tried to make them into a single Sim, but the name "JeanetteTherese" wouldn't fit :/ I did however give them each the other girl's outfit, hair, accessories, and makeup under the Party category ^,,^
    Haha I didn't even think about the name -_- Might have to make two sims after all, oh well ;D

calaprfy wrote: »
    Ooh that's brilliant :o would definitely add some excitement. Although a vampire club meeting in daylight would be hilarious indeed lol. Would be interesting if it would be possible to specify gathering times for clubs. Clubs for night owls or sims that like to work out at the crack of dawn etc.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Ohhhhh. Now I have a question for @SimGuruNinja - Would that club be smart enough to gather only at night?

I'm...not sure. *makes note to check behavior on Tues*
    If not let's all agree now to blame it on SimGuruRomeo. Deal?

Deal :D
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.