Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    @Rawla It's still interesting that they chose energized as emotion instead of happy or confident. Love your upgraded house! The brick and factory style always appealed to me but I can't seem to pull it off myself. Jonah is quite handsome for an alien, I'm curious to see the baby resulting out of that liaison. And Forrest has amazing genetics as well!

@simssimmerdown3 I am so sorry that that happened to you! Getting a baby taken away is my worst fear. Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you but I'd suggest you just decide for yourself if you want to reuse the father or not.

@OneAdorkableGirl About the hospital, did you know that as soon as your sim is in labor you can click on a bassinet and then on 'have baby'? That way your sim will give birth rightaway and you don't have to wait forever. I'm really excited to see how all the genetics turn out, that's one thing the family tree is definitely useful for!

So, the triplets all got an A today and they also all finished their aspirations (I know that's not a requirement but I'm still really proud) which means I finally have teenagers in my house that can help me with chores and the like! Brian grew up as well, he's very much like his father. You can see the traits and new pictures of all children if you click on the link in my signature, I'll show some ingame pics later. Right now I'm renovating the house as the family desperately needs more space so once i'm done I'll show pictures of that as well :smile:
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »
    @Rawla It's still interesting that they chose energized as emotion instead of happy or confident. Love your upgraded house! The brick and factory style always appealed to me but I can't seem to pull it off myself. Jonah is quite handsome for an alien, I'm curious to see the baby resulting out of that liaison. And Forrest has amazing genetics as well!

So, the triplets all got an A today and they also all finished their aspirations (I know that's not a requirement but I'm still really proud) which means I finally have teenagers in my house that can help me with chores and the like! Brian grew up as well, he's very much like his father. You can see the traits and new pictures of all children if you click on the link in my signature, I'll show some ingame pics later. Right now I'm renovating the house as the family desperately needs more space so once i'm done I'll show pictures of that as well :smile:

Thanks! I'm glad you like the house. As for the baby resulting from Jonah (the alien), she just got back from the hospital with a little girl. Genoa Pern. She looks alien with green skin. Very pretty.

Congrats on the good grades for the triplets! Its difficult. And wow, aspirations too? I'm very impressed. Have fun renovating yoru own house. I can't wait to see it.
  • Options
    Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    Hello! Happy New Year!

Everyone challenge seems to be going great!

@Rawla You're moving pretty fast through those babies. I have the ley line trait on my lot as well but have yet to concieve on the lot, so it hasn't really changed my gameplay. But I can't wait to try it out. Also, glad you didn't get the 1 baby girl glitch! Congrats on your twins.

@marie25 the serial aspiration trait is super fun and slightly challenging for me. The last leg requires you to have 8 romantic relations at the same time.

@OneAdorkableGirl Avery is soooo cute!!!

@Erica87 Paolo looks so much better with the makeover!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think count and gender are determined at conception because we influence birth with strawberries and carrots and different music. Although, there is nothing in game that changes the number i believe.

sMggKkh.png

• Options
    I have a new blooper picture with the new baby (with caption). You can see it in my 4th post if you click on my siggy picture. It made me grin. Current count: 8/100
  • Options
    Hello! Happy New Year!

Everyone challenge seems to be going great!

@Rawla You're moving pretty fast through those babies. I have the ley line trait on my lot as well but have yet to concieve on the lot, so it hasn't really changed my gameplay. But I can't wait to try it out. Also, glad you didn't get the 1 baby girl glitch! Congrats on your twins.

@marie25 the serial aspiration trait is super fun and slightly challenging for me. The last leg requires you to have 8 romantic relations at the same time.

@OneAdorkableGirl Avery is soooo cute!!!

@Erica87 Paolo looks so much better with the makeover!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think count and gender are determined at conception because we influence birth with strawberries and carrots and different music. Although, there is nothing in game that changes the number i believe.

Thanks! I've only had one set of twins. All children have been conceived on the lot but she's always given birth at the hospital so far. I'm very glad I don't have the glitch either.

As for influencing birth with strawberries and carrots and different music... really?! Awesome! I knew you could in Sims 3. But I did not know what to do for Sims 4. Which type of music should I have her listen to? Is it still kids music? Thanks for the info. I should probably buy a stereo now. :wink:

• Options
    @Rawla You can influence a girl by eating strawberries and listening to pop music and influence a boy by listening to alternative and eating carrots.
    As of right now I don't think you can influence the number, which makes the ley line lot trait even more confusing for me. I just want to know how it works lolz.
    sMggKkh.png

• Options
    edited January 2017
    @Rawla You can influence a girl by eating strawberries and listening to pop music and influence a boy by listening to alternative and eating carrots.
    As of right now I don't think you can influence the number, which makes the ley line lot trait even more confusing for me. I just want to know how it works lolz.

That is very helpful thank you. When I was playing a different save, using that lot trait, it seems as if I got mostly twins when I had homebirths. Maybe having them at home has something to do with it.

Edit to add:
    David and Daniel (the first and only set of twins so far) just aged up and moved out.)
    Abigail had 'Try for Baby' with the doctor that has been delivering all of her babies so far. She warned him he'd be next. She's pregnant with nooboo number 9.

2nd Edit:
    Abigail has that 'Chance of Twins' moodlet again. I hope she has them. :smiley:
    Post edited by Rawla on
  • Options
    Genoa Pern, my alien baby is now a child. I think she turned out pretty.
    01-01-17_5-57-08nbspPM_zpsnatreonc.png
  • Options
    Twins! (boy/girl) Harvest and Holly.
    10/100
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I'm seeing signs that my game might be glitching my Sims needs.
    1. A couple times a son and then also a guest, went from fine to looking very dirty like they just blew up. They hadn't. And with the son, their hygiene bar was still up high.
    2. Also, my two eldest (teen and child) went to school today with fine energy. They come home just now with critical energy needs. I worry.

Correction: Energy and Fun had dropped without reason for all of my non-baby sims in the house this day. (Momma Abigail, Forrest, Genoa)

Edit to add: Things seem to be back to normal. (for now)
    Post edited by Rawla on
  • Options
    marie29marie29 Posts: 200 Member
    Well baby #1 on the way. Waited a few day's so I could collect a few bucks.

@Rawla On my main save the kids that I send to school are always down specially when I push the study hard, But that's weird that they all went down Hope you are able to continue. Wow 10 babies you are really on a role.

@Erica87 Congrats on finishing their aspirations before ageing. I try to finish them before I age them but not always. Ya it's nice having teens in the house to be able to help out for at least a little while before you have to age them up to move them out to make more room.

@Emma-LeeXOXO Wow 8 that's a lot at one time.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @Marie29 - I did have them studying hard. Perhaps it was just coincidence then. I'll keep watch. Congrats on your first baby being on the way! If/when I do this challenge for the 2nd time, I'll probably start out without using money-cheats and go slower. For this time, it is a rapid-fire situation to see genetics and how many I can get through before going insane. lol

Edit to add:
    The second set of twins (Harvest & Holly) grew into children. The tenth child (Holly), the girl twin, is the very first baby born to not have the signature green eyes. She has brown. She's beautiful. You'll be able to see her picture on my challenge thread in a few minutes when I upload it. Added: I'll share her pic here too. I can't help it. I wanted to share. :smile:
    Holly Pern is the twin to Harvest. He has green eyes. She has brown.
    cd285acd-22cf-4e9b-aaf4-0024f8155c52_zpsbg6szoph.png

Post edited by Rawla on
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    I have a addon that allow me to have up 25 sims in house at one time is that ok for me to have the mod on?
  • Options
    Can teens have jobs to bring in money til they become young adults?
  • Options
    @rudiarose Teens can have jobs. and I think the mod is acceptable.

Have you ever gotten the nanny. Right now I have a set of twins and they are driving me crazy! Lolz
    sMggKkh.png

• Options
    marie29marie29 Posts: 200 Member
    @Rawla I don't like to use money cheats I like to make my way up but that's just me. On my main legacy file (on that one I play by my own rules) I used it on a few but my main family nope. Good luck on not going in sane. I am really wanting to finish this one all the way to 100.

@Emma-LeeXOXO The nanny sounds nice maybe need to try it one of these days. Maybe the butler too. I tried the maid before never did work out for me so fired them. Got paid to do nothing.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Rudiarose wrote: »
    I have a addon that allow me to have up 25 sims in house at one time is that ok for me to have the mod on?

Where did you find this addon (mod)? I'd like to take a look to see if I want to use it sometime.

marie29 wrote: »
    @Rawla I don't like to use money cheats I like to make my way up but that's just me. On my main legacy file (on that one I play by my own rules) I used it on a few but my main family nope. Good luck on not going in sane. I am really wanting to finish this one all the way to 100.

I'm not insane yet. Unless starting this challenge in the first place makes me so. I'm loving it though. I hope to get all the way to 100 as well. Next time will be different.

Edit to add:

@ Everyone
    11/100 She just had a little boy and named him Island. His Sire is Kengo Mori (maid). I have not had her Try for Baby again yet. I'm trying to decide whether to bring in someone from the gallery now or not. Any thoughts on that? Any recommendations? I went ahead and placed some gallery Sims in the world.
    Post edited by Rawla on
  • Options
    My alien baby, Genoa, grew into a teen today.
    23206c8c-b4e4-4a70-b55f-a24f4ba43447_zpsvhgxlykw.png
  • Options
    @Rawla Genoa is a beautiful name and she looks pretty as well. Love the green skin! And I really like the fact that Holly has brown eyes, that makes her unique. Did all of your kids have green eyes so far? They're oddly dominant in your family :lol: I think the ley line lot trait only works if you give birth at home so whenever you feel ready for twins you should concieve and give birth on the home lot :smiley: The sims looking like they were on fire happens to me all the time. Just have them shower and it goes away. It's a visual bug, has nothing to do with their actual hygiene.

@Emma-LeeXOXO I do think it's either determined at conception or whenever you check if your sim has a baby (via MC command center / pregnancy test) but I do also believe that it can be influenced after that. We'd have to test it out but I really don't want to influence gender in my save as I'd like to play with that rule. I've used the nanny before but only when I left the lot... Then I found out that I can just leave the baby alone and it will be sent to daycare, haven't used her since :smiley:

@marie29 Thanks! I also always try to finish them for the reward points but if I don't make it that's fine as well. Waiting a few days to make money was a good idea, I'm pretty sure the head start will help you later on.

@Rudiarose Hi there :smile: As far as I know the mod for 25 sims is not allowed as it gives you an unfair advantage over other players. It should be written down somewhere in the first post. But yes, teens can have a job :smile:

I'm still working on the house. I've renovated it completely but I'm not yet sure if I'm happy with it, especially since I ran out of money in the middle.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @Rawla Genoa is a beautiful name and she looks pretty as well. Love the green skin! And I really like the fact that Holly has brown eyes, that makes her unique. Did all of your kids have green eyes so far? They're oddly dominant in your family :lol: I think the ley line lot trait only works if you give birth at home so whenever you feel ready for twins you should concieve and give birth on the home lot :smiley: The sims looking like they were on fire happens to me all the time. Just have them shower and it goes away. It's a visual bug, has nothing to do with their actual hygiene.

A visual bug...that's good to know. I was worried. Thanks! And yes, every single one of my babies so far, except for Holly, had green eyes. Either the muted green or the vibrant. Holly is very unique in that she did not inherit.

Oh! And I finally placed gallery guys into my world. The first one I had her couple with is from Fabian090206. You can see his picture in my Challenge thread. He was a Christmas-inspired character by them. P.S. He has beautiful grey eyes and white hair.

Edit to add:

Baby number eleven grew into a child. Island Pern also has green eyes. I guess its a family trait. 11/100
    She is in her 2nd trimester with baby #12.

Post edited by Rawla on
  • Options
    @rudiarose Teens can have jobs. and I think the mod is acceptable.

Have you ever gotten the nanny. Right now I have a set of twins and they are driving me crazy! Lolz

That was the next question can I hire a nanny?
  • Options
    @Rudiarose - I don't think hiring a nanny is mentioned in the rules, so I went ahead and hired one for my family on occasion. Though they are automatically sent to daycare when you leave the house. So, if you and your Sim is going nuts, and you've chosen not to hire a nanny, go for a while. :wink:
  • Options
    simmerkaylasimmerkayla Posts: 30 Member
    @marie29 It's very stressfull, especially if you don't have any teens that can help you with childcare. You're basically stuck between caring for the kids and caring for your main sim's needs :dizzy: You're definitely better off without triplets untill you at least have someone else to help out.
    @OneAdorkableGirl What just worries me is that I don't know what caused the problem so I can't avoid it in the future. It's definitely still on my mind. I don't think the triplets thing has anything to do with Johnny, I think it was just random chance :smiley: And yeah, it was Margo's first attempt at children.
    I'd love to have some hybrid babies as well and even placed some aliens around the neighbourhood but I want her to pick partners naturally (sims she gets along with well or meets more than once) instead of looking for a specific sim for her to woohoo with. I turned off the aging of unplayed sims so that I don't have to stress about having babies with the elders first, I feel like that took away a lot of the pressure I was feeling with Rose v2.

So in my game the triplets just were born and I named them Jenna, Juno and Jaden. I hope it's ok that I used your naming scheme @simmerkayla :smile: It looks like the girls both have the same skin so they might be identical twins? Jaden's skin is a bit darker, more like the one of his father. Caring for the triplets is a chore but also very exciting. I added two kids rooms on the right side of the house (I'm so glad I gave Margo some time to make some money before starting on the pregnancies, once your sim has babies it's much harder to earn simoleons) and one currently functions as the nursery. At this moment there's 482 simoleons left in the household funds but I'll have Margo paint some more soon and the garden (I sacrificed the fish tank to have it from the start) and frog breeding help out as well. It's going great, still I have to wait for the second pregnancy to see if the bug is truly gone. I hope it is because I feel like this attempt is going much better than the ones before.

Of course it is! :smile:

I've come a lonnnggg way in my 100 baby challenge since my last post! I'm actually taking a short break from it while I finish a Disney Princess Asylum challenge.

Meredith is my second matriarch, and she is on baby 19, 40 total. However, one of her sons died in a tragic grill fire as a teen so we are actually on 39 for the challenge itself.

I don't remember what traits she rolled, but they've treated her well so far. I decided to do naming a little differently for this generation. I used the Social Security name database, which goes all the back to 1880 I believe. So, using that, I had to choose a name from the top 10, skipping ahead 5 years for each pregnancy. So, 1880, 1885, etc. I actually had to switch to doing top 20 names recently because I underestimated just how many duplicates there would be!

22. Shea Lyle- Alice
    23. Neptune Harmon (alien)- William
    25. Jonah Pancakes- Ruth
    26. Ervin Patel- Helen
    27. Joshua Goth- Thomas
    28.Trever Tharp - Margaret
    29. Dawson Brinson- Evelyn
    30. Omari Pugh- John (twin)
    31. Omari Pugh- Virginia (twin)
    32. Brennan Goth- Robert (twin)
    33. Brennan Goth- Dorothy (twin)
    34. Kody Patel- James
    35. Conrad Lorenz- Mary
    36. Srikumar Dewey- Judith
    37. Alfonso Pugh- Cynthia
    38. Trey Nash- David (died in fire as a teen)
    38. Travis Cooke- Daniel (twin)
    39. Travis Cooke- Elizabeth (twin)
    40. Julius Mureaux- Laura
  • Options
    I like your system for naming. Its unique. You are doing very well in this challenge too.
  • Options
    Hey guys! I am currently very much stuck with the house renovation as I can't make it work the way I want so I decided to cheat so that I can get the floorplan of the house the way I would like to have it in the end. So all the rooms are there but I still have to make money for the furniture and landscaping. I know it's cheating but I just want to finish the house floorplan once and for all so that I don't have to worry about it in the future. If I weren't cheating for the floor plan I'd be stuck now because I built and rebuilt this house at least 5 times and none of the results are satisfactory to me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top