Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flea market ideas [CL]

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimmingLoveSimmingLove Posts: 280 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I do wonder if you can only sell what's in your inventory and when it's sold, you're done selling, or if it can be "restocked" like a retail shop.

I hope it's only what's in your inventory. I'd think it would be a little too easy to automatically restock.

I agree. I hope that's not a thing.

• Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited October 2016
    I do wonder if you can only sell what's in your inventory and when it's sold, you're done selling, or if it can be "restocked" like a retail shop.

I really hope we can't restock. The flea market table isn't a formal business, so I hope it's restricted to only what you're carrying.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    I wonder if other inactive sims will autonomously use and sell on the tables
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    SimsFangOGSimsFangOG Posts: 54 Member
    After watching the live feed, it seems as though the flea market was a ghost town. Barely anyone was there. If that is the case, selling my own produce at a stand will get boring REAL fast.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    SimsFangOG wrote: »
    After watching the live feed, it seems as though the flea market was a ghost town. Barely anyone was there. If that is the case, selling my own produce at a stand will get boring REAL fast.

They didn't show the flea market
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    A lot of great ideas in this thread! I think this will help so much because my Sims have sooooo much stuff clogging up their inventories.
  • Options
    FreedomdeepFreedomdeep Posts: 99 Member
    edited October 2016
    ikiamyetta wrote: »

I think there is some confusion about this and I do not think it's the posters fault. Some are calling the table that we can sell our wares on as a "flea market table". I believe the gurus called it a craft table - but it kinda acts as a mini personal flea market. You are right, we haven't yet seen the actual flea market in San Myshuno.

Back to the topic - it did look kinda dead (as far as in sim traffic) - I am hoping there will be more sims in that district at different times of the day.

The nice thing about the craft table, we can place it anywhere in any world where it is busy (like a park for example). If you have the Mc Command Center mod, you can dictate how many sims can show up in a zone - Maxis has a 20 sim cap, but i have it spiked to 50 or 60.

akddFdd.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,932 Member
    Not exactly for flea markets but maybe the craft tables. Set up an outdoor cinema and sell popcorn and ice cream.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It's a Sell Table for crafts that you use to sell crafts at a Flea Market.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Not exactly for flea markets but maybe the craft tables. Set up an outdoor cinema and sell popcorn and ice cream.

@simgirl1010 You're a genius ;) one of the best ideas I've heard so far.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    I'm wondering can we sell urns of the dead sims? They said anything that goes to the inventory, right? Not that I want to sell urns... that's a gross thought... I like gross stuff in general, but :flushed: Even if I happened to find a sim who is crazy enough to put their ancestors on sale then what about the sims buying them? Sounds like a disturbed neighburhood.
  • Options
    FreedomdeepFreedomdeep Posts: 99 Member
    I'm wondering can we sell urns of the dead sims? They said anything that goes to the inventory, right? Not that I want to sell urns... that's a gross thought... I like gross stuff in general, but :flushed: Even if I happened to find a sim who is crazy enough to put their ancestors on sale then what about the sims buying them? Sounds like a disturbed neighburhood.

Oh my goodness - that is a hilarious idea! I could see some interesting storylines to go along with that. I wonder would the ghosts haunt the new owner of the urn? It maybe an interesting idea for funeral home mix up - taking home grandpa's urn and you find it's not actually grandpa in there!

akddFdd.gif
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member

I hope it's only what's in your inventory. I'd think it would be a little too easy to automatically restock.

From what I saw, you can only sell what's in your inventory, since the gurus said that you can sell whatever you can carry along in your inventory, right?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    "Is your sim lonely? Could they use a friend? Well have I got a deal for you! Come on down to the San Myshuno Flea Market this Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and visit Big Mike's Pals In A Can booth. Big Mike will sell you the urn of a deceased sim who no longer has a place to call haunt. Chose from a variety of the living challenged and take home a new friend. But you better hurry....they're going fast!"
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    LOL new owner of the urn? Now that is funny...they will not be lonly anymore...LOL
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I'm curious if I could make like a farmer's market. In one save file my sims belong to the gardening club. I wonder if I give them all the sales table, if I can have as a club gathering characteristic: sell at flea market
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

No one was going over to those tables they showed where two or three different Sims were shouting out to come see their stuff (the artist) the guy with the frogs etc. In TSM they do an invite (shout out) and Sims go over to browse, not do their own thing. They did show the flea market tables and no Sims were going over to buy or even look though the Sims running them were calling out for Sims to look.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

No one was going over to those tables they showed where two or three different Sims were shouting out to come see their stuff (the artist) the guy with the frogs etc. In TSM they do an invite (shout out) and Sims go over to browse, not do their own thing. They did show the flea market tables and no Sims were going over to buy or even look though the Sims running them were calling out for Sims to look.

I do not believe that was the flea market. You can sell any time independent of flea markets. There was made no specific mention of that being the flea market. My understanding is that there will be separate livestream, blog post, or trailer on festivals one of which is a flea market