Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we are getting toddlers this time?

Comments

• Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    They probably figure the longer they hold your Toddlers for ransom the longer they can forstall your demands for pets... :p

Some of you are so jaded....let me tell you a true story...

Once upon a time, way back when people were demanding things in the TS2 forums (pets) a wise guru was there to have a forum chat about the latest and greatest exapnsion "Open for Business". She told us all about the great features, how we could sell anything our little Simmer hearts desired, how we could learn new skills...and make lots of... BUT! (the forumites objected as forumites oft times do) "Gee Mrs forum Guru lady. that's real nice and stuff but what about Pets?" "Will it come with Pets?"

To which she politely replied "Why no my little forumites sadly there will be no pets" "But the good news is..."
    and she went on to describe all the wonderful things we could do like open a bakery, hire employees, buy a retail lot to sell toys from or even sell toilets out of our home lots!....BUT (the forumites objected as forumites oft times do) "What about...um..... er...what about pets to drink out of them??? huh?" "What about that Mrs. forum Guru lady?"

To which she gruffly replied..."You'll have your pets when pigs fly!" Now that's all for today kiddies, unless you have more questions about "Open For Business", it's time for me to go now...(and depart with great haste did she, for she had become quite weary from all the questions about Pets). And it came to pass that the forumites were sad because after all "Open for Business" wasn't PETS!. "You can't teach a toilet to fetch or roll over, or scratch up your furniture, or dig holes in your yard, or none of that" they whimpered softly. :'(

So the little forumites cried their little salty forimite tears, but the good little Simmers who bought "Open for Business" (in spite of the fact that it wasn't Pets) noticed something very peculiar in the skies o'er the sleepy little town of Bluewater Village...something very odd indeed... What oh what could that starnge object be? A bird or a plane or a strange bumblebee?? Nay...to their shock and amazement and joyful glee...it was indeed.... a flying Pig!

And the next expansion was Pets.
    The end. :|

Well, that was actually quite a joy to read.

plum.gif

Well thank you kind lady, tis indeed a true story, (albeit slightly embellished) part of our proud Simmer lore.
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    They probably figure the longer they hold your Toddlers for ransom the longer they can forstall your demands for pets... :p

Once upon a time, way back when people were demanding things in the TS2 forums (pets) a wise guru was there to have a forum chat about the latest and greatest exapnsion "Open for Business". She told us all about the great features, how we could sell anything our little Simmer hearts desired, how we could learn new skills...and make lots of... BUT! (the forumites objected as forumites oft times do) "Gee Mrs forum Guru lady. that's real nice and stuff but what about Pets?" "Will it come with Pets?"

To which she politely replied "Why no my little forumites sadly there will be no pets" "But the good news is..."
    and she went on to describe all the wonderful things we could do like open a bakery, hire employees, buy a retail lot to sell toys from or even sell toilets out of our home lots!....BUT (the forumites objected as forumites oft times do) "What about...um..... er...what about pets to drink out of them??? huh?" "What about that Mrs. forum Guru lady?"

To which she gruffly replied..."You'll have your pets when pigs fly!" Now that's all for today kiddies, unless you have more questions about "Open For Business", it's time for me to go now...(and depart with great haste did she, for she had become quite weary from all the questions about Pets). And it came to pass that the forumites were sad because after all "Open for Business" wasn't PETS!. "You can't teach a toilet to fetch or roll over, or scratch up your furniture, or dig holes in your yard, or none of that" they whimpered softly. :'(

So the little forumites cried their little salty forimite tears, but the good little Simmers who bought "Open for Business" (in spite of the fact that it wasn't Pets) noticed something very peculiar in the skies o'er the sleepy little town of Bluewater Village...something very odd indeed... What oh what could that starnge object be? A bird or a plane or a strange bumblebee?? Nay...to their shock and amazement and joyful glee...it was indeed.... a flying Pig!

I remember that as well, you tell it very elegantly. :)
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member

I love your retelling of this, and I vaguely remember this from back in the day... thanks for reminding us. Gives me hope for toddlers even more :smile:
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    pamy1124 wrote: »

I love your retelling of this, and I vaguely remember this from back in the day... thanks for reminding us. Gives me hope for toddlers even more :smile:

Why thank you kind madame, may the PlumbGods grant you your every hearts desire. And might I add that I find the juxtaposition between your cherubic avatar and maniacal gif quite macabre?
  • Options
    Clk1143 wrote: »

I remember that as well, you tell it very elegantly. :)

Thanks CLK good to see you again. it's been a while.
  • Options
    DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    Tbh, I've pretty much given up on toddlers. I understand all the reasons they keep giving us, and it doesn't matter what they say - I'm still disappointed, but at this point it would be an honest shock to me if they add them at all in this iteration of the sims. It seems like they've dug their heels in pretty firmly, so I've forced myself to look at toddlers as a rumor and that the gurus have no intention of adding them in. Part of me still hopes that they will put them out, and I'd even buy an entire stuff pack devoted to nothing but toddlers if that accompanied it - ***Toddlers themselves should be a FREE update, but I wouldn't be upset if paid content was tied to them. I just think it's a pipe dream, but I do hope the developers prove me wrong.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    pamy1124 wrote: »

Why thank you kind madame, may the PlumbGods grant you your every hearts desire. And might I add that I find the juxtaposition between your cherubic avatar and maniacal gif quite macabre?

Thanks? Lol :smiley: The avatar is supposed to be my simself, though it's not completely accurate since there isn't my hair color in game (light brown with some dark blonde in it) and the gif I change up every so often.... right now I'm rewatching Game of Thrones again, it's my fave show
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Syllyra wrote: »
    Tbh, I've pretty much given up on toddlers. I understand all the reasons they keep giving us, and it doesn't matter what they say - I'm still disappointed, but at this point it would be an honest shock to me if they add them at all in this iteration of the sims. It seems like they've dug their heels in pretty firmly, so I've forced myself to look at toddlers as a rumor and that the gurus have no intention of adding them in. Part of me still hopes that they will put them out, and I'd even buy an entire stuff pack devoted to nothing but toddlers if that accompanied it - ***Toddlers themselves should be a FREE update, but I wouldn't be upset if paid content was tied to them. I just think it's a pipe dream, but I do hope the developers prove me wrong.

I have to admit, the first time I saw an infant morph into a full blown kid and hop out of a baby carriage I giggled...

"OK so in order to cut costs and meet our deadlines we'll just fire the whole toddler animation team and have a kid jump out of the bassonet"
    "Um Sir"
    "Yes Guru Dunsel what is it?"
    "I'm pretty sure the fans aren't going to like that sir..."
    "Why not? Worked in Sims 1 they'll laud us for the nostalgic refernece."
    "I don't think so sir...last time they were pretty upset that Sims didn't know how to get into a car, I don't think skipping an entire life stage is going to go over too well sir"
    "All right all right Dunsel..we'll take it under advisement...now go get us a dozen Box o' Joe's"
    "Yes sir"
    (Now where were we? oh yeah the wheel thingy...what's that do? Get rid of that....) :(

• Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member

Thanks CLK good to see you again. it's been a while.

Yeah I take breaks from the sims 4 forums, gets a little crazy in here at times.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I would be very surprised if toddlers are added at this point.

Even if they do come, chances are they will be burritos anyway

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    No, I don't think we'll get toddlers. It's been two years now..
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    edited September 2016
    I have a glimmer of hope. A small one.
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 596 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    Not anytime soon..We have a better chance of getting a Beyonce themed EP before getting toddlers.

Don't give EA any ideas!
  • Options

I think maybe I can help you a bit with that young lady...
    * hands papersuitcase a pair of Prada rose tinted shades and encourages her to try them on.

How's the view? Good? Good....now let me ask you a very important question.
    If EA were to release an expansion pack that featured the lovabale little tots with cribs and strollers cute little onesies and that annoying little xylaphone they've had in every Sim gane since 3D, do you think oodles and oodles of people would buy it?

Nod your head yes...good girl... (whisper> I'm pretty sure EA thinks so too. )

How's the view now? Better? Awesome!
    Keep the shades, they're on the house. B)
  • Options
    amandaneunamandaneun Posts: 107 Member
    Syllyra wrote: »
    ***Toddlers themselves should be a FREE update, but I wouldn't be upset if paid content was tied to them.

If they implement toddlers, I hope it'll be a free update too. I don't think we should have to pay for things we expected to begin with, like... toddlers have been a staple to family play since TS2. Not having the life stage puts us a step back in the game (for me, anyway). If they want paid content, they should give us free toddlers, then a game/stuff/expansion pack to follow up with the new addition.

#TBT when we didn't have pools either, and we eventually got them. I have some hope we'll get toddlers too, in the same way we got the pools.

Come to think of it though, I think I would've preferred getting toddlers before pools... >.>
    “... and when all the wars are over, a butterfly will still be beautiful.”
    ― Ruskin Bond, Scenes from a Writer's Life

large.jpg
  • Options
    emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake can you just say no if it's not gonna happen this quarter? I don't want to get my hopes up only to be disappointed again :'(

You'll know in just a few days. If they're not coming next quarter they won't be in the quarterly teaser.
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member

* hands papersuitcase a pair of Prada rose tinted shades and encourages her to try them on.

If EA were to release an expansion pack that featured the lovabale little tots with cribs and strollers cute little onesies and that annoying little xylaphone they've had in every Sim gane since 3D, do you think oodles and oodles of people would buy it?

Are you a writer by any chance? I just love your posts! They make me smile and giggle a little:)
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I don't think that we are going to get toddlers but once again I think this is very insensitive to yet again get peoples hopes up and let them run wild with it. They should and could tell us if toddlers are not going to be released this quarter. They can't tell us about things that are coming but they can confirm when things aren't, they've done so many times before on twitter.

So the conclusion you could draw is 'well, that could mean they are coming', well no. Many times they have had the opportunity to tell us we we're getting our hopes up for nothing when they tease new content, but they haven't.

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @Uzone27 That was a lovely little story and I really enjoyed it. The one big difference I see left out is the time line. At the very least at two years in TS2 had Zombies, vampires, servos, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmakers,Mrs Crumplebottom, werewolves, plant Sims, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets and Seasons. It had Shops that could be added to the home lot, chefs that could be played and cars. There's a lot more but the thing is, sometimes patience can be stretched just so far.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

Are you a writer by any chance? I just love your posts! They make me smile and giggle a little:)

Why thank you so much Princess! It makes me smile that I make you smile :#
    No I'm not a writer by profession, but I am a songwriter/lyricist as a life long hobby. Thanks for the compliment!
  • Options
    @Uzone27 That was a lovely little story and I really enjoyed it. The one big difference I see left out is the time line. At the very least at two years in TS2 had Zombies, vampires, servos, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmakers,Mrs Crumplebottom, werewolves, plant Sims, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets and Seasons. It had Shops that could be added to the home lot, chefs that could be played and cars. There's a lot more but the thing is, sometimes patience can be stretched just so far.

Holy Guacamole! I never had reason to go back and revisit those release dates.
    You're right, TS2 was every six momths like clockwork, TS3 was slightly more irratic but had an even faster average turnaround time due to the Supernatural/Seasons (2012) and University / Island Paradise (2013) Fall/Spring double headers.

Yeah I can see why people feel a little cheesed off for sure.

(Thanks! for the compliment by the way. Cheers!)
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited September 2016
    @SimGuruDrake can you just say no if it's not gonna happen this quarter? I don't want to get my hopes up only to be disappointed again :'(

Yeah, she did say she really dislikes when speculation goes rampage around here. Making no comments about this situation only gives me more hope.

She debunked a bunch of rumours in the past btw.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited September 2016
    XopaxPax wrote: »

Yeah, she did say she really dislikes when speculation goes rampage around here. Making no comments about this situation only gives me more hope.

Except she also pinned that they aren't going to respond in this forum category :/ If it becomes an issue elsewhere, she might?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited September 2016
    XopaxPax wrote: »

Except she also pinned that they aren't going to respond in this forum category :/ If it becomes an issue elsewhere, she might?

Yep, i was thinking about that, but one would imagine that such a thing would be a exception, maybe?
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    GardeningGardening Posts: 207 Member
    Imjust going to say its an patch update finally relationship culling will be over i lost hope for suprises.