Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    Yes, loved that game, but nothing of this reminds me of City Living.
  • Options
    coldplay2233coldplay2233 Posts: 451 Member
    edited September 2016
    aclavo wrote: »
    Yes, loved that game, but nothing of this reminds me of City Living.

I wish City Living was more like this. Subways, a lot of cars and dark alleys, reputation and bouncers.
  • Options
    KnukleurKnukleur Posts: 17 Member
    Urbz also had motorbikes, a robot arena, facial & body piercings, skateboards, tango, hip-hop, fashion catwalks, dance revolution arcade machines, tricked out hi-fi vans, a couple of dogs, rooftop golf... City Living doesn't remind me of this except for having apartments and graffit, and maybe sushi. I do like how some of synchronized dancing from Urbz made it into Get Together.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I loved The Urbz.
  • Options
    KaraStarsKaraStars Posts: 242 Member
    I used to love The Urbz, it used to be one of my favourite games when I was younger. It's a shame that my PS2 doesn't work anymore.
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    KaraStars wrote: »
    I used to love The Urbz, it used to be one of my favourite games when I was younger. It's a shame that my PS2 doesn't work anymore.
    I love that game to it was epic. To bad I had it on the gamecube. :/

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    Always wanted to play this game but never got a chance
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    RubeeSimsRubeeSims Posts: 560 Member
    The Urbz is one of my favourite Sims games (I got a PS2 recently and even rebought Urbz and Bustin' Out) but I don't think TS4 should go in that direction or "be more like it". If we got a console version of TS4 or some sort of TS4 spin-off I think The Urbz would be a great game to base it off or get ideas from, but it was very mission based, you had to do things to unlock the next level, no family play etc etc which imo is good on a console or spinoff but not the main Sims games.

The Urbz soundtrack is probably the best from any Sims game imo though so if they brought back some songs on the level of the ones in Urbz I wouldn't be against it lol
    Also it would be cool to be reunited with the Sim Black Eyed Peas haha
    Tumblr
    Add me on Origin: rubeelovegood
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    I loved it, but the mini games were a bit too challenging for me.
  • Options
    StaleMuffinsStaleMuffins Posts: 28 New Member
    Urbz is def a classic & is the best sims game on consoles if you ask me. Nothing was like it in the sims franchise. I beat the entire game if I recall. It's been so long but I loved the districts and styles you had to have along with visiting the districts, the diff radio stations that went with each district, the black eyes peas being based from it, etc. One of the best.
  • Options
    geekchic96geekchic96 Posts: 154 Member
    I wish city living was like this! :s
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Whta was the goal of that game or how did you play it?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    I honestly thought The Urbz was freaking terrible.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    KaraStars wrote: »

you can always buy a second hand one from second hand stores, like Goodwill has them.

Personally I've gone thru 3 PS2 consoles and I still love The Urbz, and I play it occassionally
  • Options
    Simpkin wrote: »

The goal of that game The Urbz, was to get a high reputation, gain skills and friends to get into those locked clubs, build up reputation, build friends and to be most popular, there's mini games(goals to achieve)
  • Options
    rshell193rshell193 Posts: 284 Member
    I showed my brother the city living trailer and he immediately said it reminded him of the urbz..he's 16 and he remembers that game more than me and I played it far more than him!!!
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I <3 The Urbz!

I don't usually like console versions of The Sims, I've played a lot of different ones and they're all bore me quite quickly. But The Urbz was the one console Sims game that I thought was really fun! I loved that each district had a really strong theme, with special interactions and groups of very characterful Sims: like the tube station with goth-punks who liked getting piercings or fighting; or the fashionistas at Diamond Heights who loved to air-kiss and strut their stuff on the catwalk. I loved the strong themes. And there were some really great objects and interactions I'd love to have back in The Sims 4!
  • Options
    TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    Lol I never could get used to The Urbz. It was so crazy.
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • Options
    YoshiSimsYoshiSims Posts: 209 Member
    Let's not forget PS2 and Gamecube versions of URBZ are completely different from the Gameboy and Nintendo DS versions.
    Sims 3 Store Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=SharnyaY
    Mod The Sims: Yoshiiteza
    Orign: Yoshi-iteza
  • Options
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I <3 The Urbz!

I don't usually like console versions of The Sims, I've played a lot of different ones and they're all bore me quite quickly. But The Urbz was the one console Sims game that I thought was really fun! I loved that each district had a really strong theme, with special interactions and groups of very characterful Sims: like the tube station with goth-punks who liked getting piercings or fighting; or the fashionistas at Diamond Heights who loved to air-kiss and strut their stuff on the catwalk. I loved the strong themes. And there were some really great objects and interactions I'd love to have back in The Sims 4!

I loved Diamond Heights! I played this game so many different ways so I wouldn't get bored with it.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »

The goal of that game The Urbz, was to get a high reputation, gain skills and friends to get into those locked clubs, build up reputation, build friends and to be most popular, there's mini games(goals to achieve)

Alright. Thanks.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    People complain that they hate the goal oriented game play like in GTW or throwing parties. Wouldn't this be worse than those?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    People complain that they hate the goal oriented game play like in GTW or throwing parties. Wouldn't this be worse than those?

???
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I wouldn't want anything as linear as Urbz. But the interactions and objects and other features would be brilliant in TS4! And having strong themes and personalities would be nice as well.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I wish we could see a map of the new world. I want a downtown look. I've had these sims for over a year that have been waiting for a city to go to
    21mbz47.jpg