Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DRAKE LOVES EP3!!!!

Comments

• Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    @SimGuruDrake not sure if you'll see this, but reading your post, does this mean you liked/often played The Sims Medieval? Your post reminded me of my game. I uninstalled it for a while, can't remember why, but you made me want to play it all over again. I'd reinstall it again but unfortunately, I didn't bring it to my dorm with me :(:( It was so much fun.
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    I can't believe this thread is a thing. Shocked :/
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Since everyone made a big deal about the tweet, why not ask what type of EPs she likes. Do you think @SimGuruDrake could answer that? For example:

Cute EPs

- Any EP that includes what we consider cute (pets,babies and children)

Magical

- Mysterious worlds
    - Mysterious Creatures
    - Fantasy lover

Destinations

-Amazing worlds
    - Brand new spaces for sims to do all sorts of new activities

Relationships

- Love related things
    - Friendship related things

I actually just got a big grin on my face because no one has really asked me that! Just want to preface that what I'm about to say is 100% my own personal preferences and as per usual I do not include any hints whatsoever so please take what I am about to say at face value.

Now I'm thinking about stuff I've enjoyed from the past and new things that would be my dream addition. Looking at this as if the sky is the limit and could be any type of pack not just expansion:

On to the question!

Magical:

I LOVE witches and wizards. Learning to cast spells and the havoc it would cause when you get it wrong. Mythical creatures like baby dragons, mandrake plants, pixies, and centaurs would be awesome. (In my mind very much inspired by the likes of Harry Potter).

Exploration:

Venturing out to new destinations and exploring historical sites (including ruins) and learning about the different cultures and traditions. Learn new trades and new cuisines.

Fashion:

Start from the bottom on the indie scene and working up to being the top designer in the fashion world. Styling all new looks and new patterns that everyone just has to wear.

Forensic Files:

Various ways to cause questionable deaths to my Sims which lead to investigations by police to find the culprit (if you've ever watched the show forensic files you'd know what I mean.)

MEDIEVAL TIMES!!! Knights in shining armor, castles, fending off dragons (or befriending them and becoming a dragon rider), with inspirations from King Arthur and the Tudor Dynasty (I LOVE history). This would be perfect for fairies (especially if I ever wanted to recreate the story of Sleeping Beauty).

Other things that I would enjoy:

Vampires, Mermaids, Shape shifters, Farming / Living off the land (I am super into Stardew Valley), Entrepreneur career (build your own company from the ground up), Movie Star / Film Maker (including animated films).

Also some have asked how I play: I'm a bit of a deviant player / loner. My sims are normally very career focused and have a very small circle of friends and rarely do they have kids. Right now my current Sim (Evelyn Oak--her name is based after my all time favorite Pokemon and also my favorite character from the original Pokrmon series Gary Oak) is a "starving artist" trying to make her way in the art world. She is creative, childish (being a kid at heart helps her see the wonders and possibilities in everything around her--she totally collected and battled Voidcritter cards as a kid and was the local undefeated champion), and a loner. She spends a lot of her time painting and learning her trade. She is currently talking to this really cute gentleman she met during ghost night at the local pub (her neighbor invited her out to try and meet people) --don't worry he isn't a ghost but he is a cutie. He is a DJ and he inspires her to push herself creatively and to use her surroundings as inspiration, including listening to new types of music while she paints.

@Scobre has reminded me though that I need to get back to my Anne Boelyn sim --I was playing her on my work computer during my free moments.

I love all the stuff you love there. I hope one day we will see a farming EP, Fashion EP or something like that in TS4.
    Thank you for sharing your likes with us. Great list
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Cesal95Cesal95 Posts: 298 Member
    Since everyone made a big deal about the tweet, why not ask what type of EPs she likes. Do you think @SimGuruDrake could answer that? For example:

Cute EPs

Magical

- Mysterious worlds
    - Mysterious Creatures
    - Fantasy lover

Destinations

-Amazing worlds

Relationships

- Love related things

I actually just got a big grin on my face because no one has really asked me that! Just want to preface that what I'm about to say is 100% my own personal preferences and as per usual I do not include any hints whatsoever so please take what I am about to say at face value.

Now I'm thinking about stuff I've enjoyed from the past and new things that would be my dream addition. Looking at this as if the sky is the limit and could be any type of pack not just expansion:

On to the question!

Magical:

I LOVE witches and wizards. Learning to cast spells and the havoc it would cause when you get it wrong. Mythical creatures like baby dragons, mandrake plants, pixies, and centaurs would be awesome. (In my mind very much inspired by the likes of Harry Potter).

Exploration:

Venturing out to new destinations and exploring historical sites (including ruins) and learning about the different cultures and traditions. Learn new trades and new cuisines.

Fashion:

Start from the bottom on the indie scene and working up to being the top designer in the fashion world. Styling all new looks and new patterns that everyone just has to wear.

Forensic Files:

Various ways to cause questionable deaths to my Sims which lead to investigations by police to find the culprit (if you've ever watched the show forensic files you'd know what I mean.)

MEDIEVAL TIMES!!! Knights in shining armor, castles, fending off dragons (or befriending them and becoming a dragon rider), with inspirations from King Arthur and the Tudor Dynasty (I LOVE history). This would be perfect for fairies (especially if I ever wanted to recreate the story of Sleeping Beauty).

Vampires, Mermaids, Shape shifters, Farming / Living off the land (I am super into Stardew Valley), Entrepreneur career (build your own company from the ground up), Movie Star / Film Maker (including animated films).

Also some have asked how I play: I'm a bit of a deviant player / loner. My sims are normally very career focused and have a very small circle of friends and rarely do they have kids. Right now my current Sim (Evelyn Oak--her name is based after my all time favorite Pokemon and also my favorite character from the original Pokrmon series Gary Oak) is a "starving artist" trying to make her way in the art world. She is creative, childish (being a kid at heart helps her see the wonders and possibilities in everything around her--she totally collected and battled Voidcritter cards as a kid and was the local undefeated champion), and a loner. She spends a lot of her time painting and learning her trade. She is currently talking to this really cute gentleman she met during ghost night at the local pub (her neighbor invited her out to try and meet people) --don't worry he isn't a ghost but he is a cutie. He is a DJ and he inspires her to push herself creatively and to use her surroundings as inspiration, including listening to new types of music while she paints.

@Scobre has reminded me though that I need to get back to my Anne Boelyn sim --I was playing her on my work computer during my free moments.

Oh My God, I love Stardew Valley too! <3 Which is your favorite season? I love fall, I love winter as well mainly because of it's soundtrack :blush:
    I'm curious about which NPC did you marry as wel hahaha, my favorite candidates are Penny, Abigail and Alex :blush:

Regarding EP I also like witches/wizards, they were so fun in TS3 :)
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2016
    @SimGuruDrake Now my turn to squeal knowing you are a deviant Simmer too. So awesome. <3 I'm glad you like supernaturals too. Thank you so much for sharing. It is nice knowing how the Gurus play their games too. Brings out the more human side out of you. Seems like we are a tad bit with deviant, since I'm more of a deviant family player, but that's ok. Like I've mentioned before even within certain play styles, no two Simmers play alike which is what I love about the Sims community. Cool knowing your combination of styles. I love your ideas too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited July 2016
    I am not the biggest Ts4 defender but i think it's quite an oversimplification to say "why don't they just include content from all previous EPs in the base game". Perhaps some of these features could have been added in the BG (they certainly did intend to have weather in TS2 BG) but games have to be developed on a budget and there is also a deadline. You can't possibly include everything in the base game without (I) those features being half baked or (II) cutting other features.

I think most of us understand that.

That being said, TS4 base game is VERY bare compared to previous base games. Eg SimGuruDrake asked which features we would sacrifice for weather? Well, I wonder what feature we got because they sacrificed toddlers....
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    @SimGuruDrake What shocks me the most is that you have any free time at work.
  • Options
    coldplay2233coldplay2233 Posts: 451 Member
    I can't believe this thread is a thing. Shocked :/

Try not to drink the kool aid :P
  • Options

I think the club features will become more appreciated and valuable as the game develops and each pack adds more activities for clubs and groups to participate in. Imagine in Seasons you could have the Snow Bunnies who love winter sports, and they're opposed by the Sun Gods/Goddesses who live for summer fun and hate cold weather. Or maybe the Water Babies who spend their summers in the swimming pool or on the water slides learn to adapt and go ice skating on frozen water instead. :D Pets you could have a group that meets up to show off their dog's newest tricks or the Crazy Cat Ladies who spend all their time talking about their little precious. And with University you can have groups that actually do oppose one another -- in Sims 3 we had the Jocks, Rebels and Nerds but there was little difference and certainly no enmity amongst the three, but with the GT club system you could recreate the movie "Revenge of the Nerds" with the cool jock fraternity tormenting the little nerds, and the nerds getting their revenge in the end. :)
    Yeah when Gurus asked if clubs should be expanded in other packs, I was like "Yes!" It really is a cool feature. LOL I love your club ideas. That was a good movie.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake Now my turn to squeal knowing you are a deviant Simmer too. So awesome. <3 I'm glad you like supernaturals too. Thank you so much for sharing. It is nice knowing how the Gurus play their games too. Brings out the more human side out of you. Seems like we are a tad bit with deviant, since I'm more of a deviant family player, but that's ok. Like I've mentioned before even within certain play styles, no two Simmers play alike which is what I love about the Sims community. Cool knowing your combination of styles. I love your ideas too.

I am actually relieved that some Gurus are also deviant players :) I squealed at the part where @SimGuruDrake mentioned spells backfiring and causing havoc! Those are the things I miss from the game: unexpected consequences, accidents, chaos! So I'm glad a simmer with a deviant side has a voice in the team :)
  • Options
    QDog wrote: »
    I am not the biggest Ts4 defender but i think it's quite an oversimplification to say "why don't they just include content from all previous EPs in the base game". Perhaps some of these features could have been added in the BG (they certainly did intend to have weather in TS2 BG) but games have to be developed on a budget and there is also a deadline. You can't possibly include everything in the base game without (I) those features being half baked or (II) cutting other features.

I think most of us understand that.

That being said, TS4 base game is VERY bare compared to previous base games. Eg SimGuruDrake asked which features we would sacrifice for weather? Well, I wonder what feature we got because they sacrificed toddlers....
    Monty Python Ministry of Silly Walks, weak traits, emotions that act like more like buffs than human emotions, Sims that act like plumbots rather than like humans, Into the Future Utopian setting, short and long term memory loss, culling, gardening, and music just to name a few. I take toddlers over silly walks anyday. Much more important that Sims learn how to walk well than learn how to walk silly.
  • Options

I am actually relieved that some Gurus are also deviant players :) I squealed at the part where @SimGuruDrake mentioned spells backfiring and causing havoc! Those are the things I miss from the game: unexpected consequences, accidents, chaos! So I'm glad a simmer with a deviant side has a voice in the team :)
    Me too. I heard SimGuruAzure is a deviant Simmer as well, so yay two Gurus at least understand our play styles. Yeah I loved her ideas for spells and @MasonGamer will be happy to hear that since they are a Once Upon a Time fan too.
  • Options
    gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    LOL! I do think that she probably really does like the upcoming EP and did like the last two BUT... umm, did you really expect her, on social media/plum storm, to say that she did not like it and was in tears every night over the forthcoming disaster? LOL!

Why would I even answer if I didn't truly feel that way?

I don't care whether you like it, love it, hate it, are indifferent ect. I don't know either way. However not answering these days is certainly in many contexts implicit of disdain or contempt in they eyes of some (see: social media). There are compelling arguments to be made for silence being just as detrimental to your position as coming out with a negative opinion. Course, you may legitimately like it too.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake What shocks me the most is that you have any free time at work.

Those were the good ol' days lol. I actually block off an hour on my calendar every day to either check out the gallery for really cool creations for us to test for curation (I also download builds small and large to use in my own game because I am no where near as talented as the builders in the community) or I'll spend a little time playing the game. It helps to take time out of the work day to just not think about anything but playing the game and having fun. I haven't been able to do that in the last couple months though so my playtime is normally spent at home on the weekends.

It's good to know that ya'll enjoy the game as much as many of us do.
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Cesal95 wrote: »
    Oh My God, I love Stardew Valley too! <3 Which is your favorite season? I love fall, I love winter as well mainly because of it's soundtrack :blush:
    I'm curious about which NPC did you marry as wel hahaha, my favorite candidates are Penny, Abigail and Alex :blush:

I LOVE fall!!! I totally agree with you about the soundtrack for winter. I'm currently wooing Elliot...just something about that beautiful writer with his flowing locks.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    Ifreshyeh wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake not sure if you'll see this, but reading your post, does this mean you liked/often played The Sims Medieval? Your post reminded me of my game. I uninstalled it for a while, can't remember why, but you made me want to play it all over again. I'd reinstall it again but unfortunately, I didn't bring it to my dorm with me :(:( It was so much fun.

I LOVEEEEEE Sims Medieval. I actually just started a new save because I wanted to create a head strong queen similar to Daenerys Targaryen. You should totally grab it whenever you go back home for a visit :)
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    edited July 2016

Cute EPs

Magical

- Mysterious worlds
    - Mysterious Creatures
    - Fantasy lover

Destinations

-Amazing worlds

Relationships

- Love related things

On to the question!

Magical:

Exploration:

Fashion:

Forensic Files:

Dear @SimGuruDrake,
    I may have joked about the posibility of you having bad taste... But it looks like you may have freaking awesome taste!

Thank you for sharing the stuff you like.
    And thank you for replying to as many posts as you did in that other thread, you give some good insight into your thoughts, without giving us any clues as to the content that will be announced. And you handle erinaceous people rather well. I wouldn't be able to do that, I'd be flipping tables :p

I'd say you've got the gift of the gab, but also good pokerface... er... pokertyping?

I'm now feeling slightly more curious about what the next EP will actually be about.

Edit... that thing that hedgehogs are is a bad word? o.O
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »

Me too. I heard SimGuruAzure is a deviant Simmer as well, so yay two Gurus at least understand our play styles. Yeah I loved her ideas for spells and @MasonGamer will be happy to hear that since they are a Once Upon a Time fan too.

@QDog @Scobre DEVIANTS UNITE!!

@MasonGamer OMG I LOVE ONCE UPON A TIME TOO!!! Mr. Gold is my absolutely favorite character with Regina in close second.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    @SimGuruDrake did you ever play sims Castaway? If so, did you like it?

I loved that game back when it was released :)
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @rudy8292 wrote: »
    More empty shells.

Ofcourse she loves it, it's not a good marketing move to say she doesn't like it.

She could have easily have said she loves all of them.
    She didn't have to say she loved EP3 the most.

She loved the Kids Room Stuff more than the rest too. She likes cute packs.

Sorry to break your bubble (for like what? The 100th time?) but it is called "hyping" it up, *cough* marketing *cough* then again @SimGuruDrake can be really excited for the pack so I can't point fingers without proof.

My bubble is still intact, it's more like you're having trouble blowing one.

SimGuruDrake wasn't overly excited about Get Together, she spoke positively about it, but didn't amp it up to be something she was looking forward to.
    Since she plays the game, it's intriguing that she's looking forward to play this, more so than how she was for Get Togther or any of the other packs.

She didn't personally hype up Movie Stuff or Garden Stuff. Not even Dine Out.
    She's personally hyped up Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff and now EP3. All of which have activities for families and children.

I don't know how to explain it any clearer, that it's worth raising an eyebrow for, that SimGuruDrake is personally invested into this EP, while she wasn't for most of the other packs.

It may indicate EP3 is more her play style (since she doesn't work on the game but plays it) which seems to be activities for the whole family.

She just answered a question about it. If no one asked about it, she wouldn't ''hype this up'' neither.

Just whatever. They can be so excited, I will judge for myself when I see it. Their reasons to be excited aren't mine. They were excited about Star Wars costumes and the freakin' bear costume in OR, wow I was so not excited about that.

Excitement is different for everyone.
  • Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    bluegayle_ wrote: »
    Hyeion wrote: »
    Double offering is worth more, so take @bluegayle_ soul too >:)

Now Let's have Pets, Supernatural. Woohoo!

YpDgTji.jpg

But But you offered? Oh wait...Did you just request supernatural woohoo? Hmmm

mrW7jzr.jpg
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • Options
    NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    edited July 2016
    Cesal95 wrote: »

I LOVE fall!!! I totally agree with you about the soundtrack for winter. I'm currently wooing Elliot...just something about that beautiful writer with his flowing locks.

Elliot is a boring husband, Harvey is the best choice obviously :P

https://youtu.be/7WuKj7a3ces?t=2m30s

tumblr_nd1320KK6c1rfd7lko1_400.gif

This part of the spring music gives me life (at 2:30)
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    I really miss TS1 expansion packs, especially Superstar (it was 100x better than TS3 Showtime) so I would be happy to see that as an EP in the future. I would happily have @SimGuruDrake ideas of movie star, film maker and fashion designer in a pack like that.

It's also nice seeing how the gurus play :smile: I prefer to play generational/rotation so it's really interesting seeing how others play.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member

Cute EPs

Magical

- Mysterious worlds
    - Mysterious Creatures
    - Fantasy lover

Destinations

-Amazing worlds

Relationships

- Love related things

On to the question!

Magical:

Exploration:

Fashion:

Forensic Files:

@SimGuruDrake I absolutely love you.

...Yes!! A deviant Player!! I absolutely love everything you said, but personally I love Family play too. Specially when they're supernatural, I like to create these dramatic supernatural family stories.
    Thank you for expressing your opnion.
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion