Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DRAKE LOVES EP3!!!!

Comments

• Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Very interesting topic! :)

I am of course interested in new simming experiences (TS3 did test the boundaries sometimes too, with EPs like Into the Future or World Adventures), and I'm all for new kinds of EPs. However, as others have said I also need some of the basic stuff back. I hope the team can find the right balance between old and new, to keep us all happy.

As regards my "basics" they all relate to EPs necessary to play a realistic/generational game: university, seasons, family play (toddlers and preteens would be a dream come true) and vacation are my top 4.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    QDog wrote: »

I am of course interested in new simming experiences (TS3 did test the boundaries sometimes too, with EPs like Into the Future or World Adventures), and I'm all for new kinds of EPs. However, as others have said I also need some of the basic stuff back. I hope the team can find the right balance between old and new, to keep us all happy.

As regards my "basics" they all relate to EPs necessary to play a realistic/generational game: university, seasons, family play (toddlers and preteens would be a dream come true) and vacation are my top 4.

From the varied answers here I guess they would need to bring a lot of stuff back. None of your wants are the same as mine. As far as new experiences I could get behind a Seasons pack that included natural disasters.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited July 2016

From the varied answers here I guess they would need to bring a lot of stuff back. None of your wants are the same as mine. As far as new experiences I could get behind a Seasons pack that included natural disasters.

I guess that is the challenge: keeping all of us happy. I don't envy them. Whatever they do someone will be unhappy. But that is what happens when you release a base game that is lacking so much content: there are lots of stuff they need to bring back (eg if the BG had already included seasons and toddlers we wouldn't be asking for it now and we could focus on other stuff..).

Btw I would LOVE natural disasters.

ETA: just wondering, are people using the insightful button as some sort of "disagree" now?
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2016

ETA: just wondering, are people using the insightful button as some sort of "disagree" now?
    For me no. I use it when someone provides links or helpful posts. I like that button, so don't want anymore disagree drama started like last year. Simmers like SimGuruDrake, luth, and rosemow get a lot of insightful from me because they all provide really helpful posts.

I like natural disasters too. Lava flow would be cool to see in the Sims for a change.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »

For me no. I use it when someone provides links or helpful posts. I like that button, so don't want anymore disagree drama started like last year. Simmers like SimGuruDrake, luth, and rosemow get a lot of insightful from me because they all provide really helpful posts.

That's how I use it too (by the way I found your post insightful ;)).
  • Options
    edited July 2016

That's how I use it too (by the way I found your post insightful ;)).
    Aww thank you. <3 It's really useful for bug report threads too when Simmers help each other out. I like giving the QA Gurus an insightful too for being helpful. Useful for the mod/CC community too. I gave you an awesome.

Yeah the base game still is lacking for many of my play styles too. :( There are just some things that no amount of packs can fix sadly. I wish I could cull the many forms of culling without having to rely on mods. MC Command Center is a life saver.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    edited July 2016
    Aww, the elusive insightful button. I always used insightful as insightful. I use the like button a lot, too. When new content comes out, I often "like" that they are sharing it. Then I read that Drake somewhere said she assumes "like" means we like the content. (And just based on play style, I'm not going to like all the content) So now if I'm not too thrilled about the content, I use insightful.

Sorry for the off-topic comment.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member

There was a conversation started on just this topic in the forum feedback area. Most of those who answered (at the time at least) did use it if we found the comments insightful (or inspiring in my case). The odd few use insightful/awesome as lol/disagree.

• Options
    emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    When did any Guru say those "basic" EPs were never going to be created? We have only had two EPs, lets, at least, see what the third one is before we throw in the towel.

Well at the average life span of 5 years per game, Sims 4 is only getting one EP per year so where are they gong to fit in Seasons, Pets, Supernatural and something new. Not to mention if Outdoor retreat is the only vacation we will ever have it is more disappointing than the terrible mention system of the Sims

Now you're assuming that S4 will only last five years. Maybe they have so many ideas that it could last much longer. The other versions stopped because the ideas ran out and new ways to develop the game were created.

This game has the worst engine yet if I have to be honest, they can't anything and this thing can't even support an open world or apparently anything because we need culling in every form for the game to not spontaneously combust, like it doesn't even have swing, the babies are sims 1 style and honestly it all seems way outdated when looking at anything else released in 2014. I can't even imagine this game being able to support more than 5 years. The other games had way more stuff at 2 years.

I mean who would keep buying Sims 4 stuff for 10 years when the sims can't even notice their mother died in the next room.

How do you know that the game's engine is "the worst" and it can't support anything?
    The open world was not added not because the engine is plum, but because most casual players don't have expensive gaming computers capable of playing resource heavy open world game that needs a lot of rendering.

"the sims can't even notice their mother died in the next room"

Yes. It annoys me too. However, you also would never tell that someone died down stairs while being upstairs. You can't see through the walls. Can you?

However, I think we should have an option to "tell about death". This would be way more logical than sims telepathically finding out about someone's death, or never finding out at all.

Well with all the loud music and crying , I'd think they'd realize something is up. Then again I can't pull cars out of my back pocket, sims are not supposed to be that realistic, they are supposed to react to environmental cues. Talking about not noticing things, these sims have no problem woohooing in their child's closet while he is awake and nobody cares, try that in Sims 2 or 3 and see actual reactions.

As for the engine being weak, if it was the great engine they said it was they would have easily added all the amazing things they said they could instead of saying a lounge chair is too much coding, doesn't seem easier to me. And I ran SIms 3 and all the EPs plus store content on a bottom range laptop that didn't meet the minimum requirements, I rarely had crashes and the game had no lag while it ran on med to high.

And the size of these tiny world it could easily be open not to mention the LOW poly count, no computer should have a problem running it unless it is still using the DOS operating system

I just want to address the part of your comment that is in bold. SimGuru Graham said that adding a lounge chair to the game is too much work FOR A STUFF PACK. Yes, they could add a lounge chair in a stuff pack, but that would take up resources that would go into making one of the objects that adds new gameplay in the pack (like the water slide in Backyard Stuff). They never said that lounge chairs were too much work to add to the game, just that it's not worthwhile to add in a stuff pack when they want to add objects that offer new gameplay. Lounge chairs will probably be added in a GP or EP, or maybe even via patch. Just don't expect them in a stuff pack.
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    emyprice95 wrote: »
    When did any Guru say those "basic" EPs were never going to be created? We have only had two EPs, lets, at least, see what the third one is before we throw in the towel.

Well at the average life span of 5 years per game, Sims 4 is only getting one EP per year so where are they gong to fit in Seasons, Pets, Supernatural and something new. Not to mention if Outdoor retreat is the only vacation we will ever have it is more disappointing than the terrible mention system of the Sims

Now you're assuming that S4 will only last five years. Maybe they have so many ideas that it could last much longer. The other versions stopped because the ideas ran out and new ways to develop the game were created.

This game has the worst engine yet if I have to be honest, they can't anything and this thing can't even support an open world or apparently anything because we need culling in every form for the game to not spontaneously combust, like it doesn't even have swing, the babies are sims 1 style and honestly it all seems way outdated when looking at anything else released in 2014. I can't even imagine this game being able to support more than 5 years. The other games had way more stuff at 2 years.

I mean who would keep buying Sims 4 stuff for 10 years when the sims can't even notice their mother died in the next room.

How do you know that the game's engine is "the worst" and it can't support anything?
    The open world was not added not because the engine is plum, but because most casual players don't have expensive gaming computers capable of playing resource heavy open world game that needs a lot of rendering.

"the sims can't even notice their mother died in the next room"

Yes. It annoys me too. However, you also would never tell that someone died down stairs while being upstairs. You can't see through the walls. Can you?

However, I think we should have an option to "tell about death". This would be way more logical than sims telepathically finding out about someone's death, or never finding out at all.

Well with all the loud music and crying , I'd think they'd realize something is up. Then again I can't pull cars out of my back pocket, sims are not supposed to be that realistic, they are supposed to react to environmental cues. Talking about not noticing things, these sims have no problem woohooing in their child's closet while he is awake and nobody cares, try that in Sims 2 or 3 and see actual reactions.

As for the engine being weak, if it was the great engine they said it was they would have easily added all the amazing things they said they could instead of saying a lounge chair is too much coding, doesn't seem easier to me. And I ran SIms 3 and all the EPs plus store content on a bottom range laptop that didn't meet the minimum requirements, I rarely had crashes and the game had no lag while it ran on med to high.

And the size of these tiny world it could easily be open not to mention the LOW poly count, no computer should have a problem running it unless it is still using the DOS operating system

I just want to address the part of your comment that is in bold. SimGuru Graham said that adding a lounge chair to the game is too much work FOR A STUFF PACK. Yes, they could add a lounge chair in a stuff pack, but that would take up resources that would go into making one of the objects that adds new gameplay in the pack (like the water slide in Backyard Stuff). They never said that lounge chairs were too much work to add to the game, just that it's not worthwhile to add in a stuff pack when they want to add objects that offer new gameplay. Lounge chairs will probably be added in a GP or EP, or maybe even via patch. Just don't expect them in a stuff pack.

Never in a million years would I pay them to make a lounge chair pack because that is what it would end up as. Hopefully when they some day maybe add them they can add back be animations too. Not sure how a lpunge chair would function around musical chairs though probably why it wasn't in the base game.
  • Options
    If I had to think of an EP lounge chairs might work well in, maybe a Seasons or Vacations one because it is an activity to do to get a suntan? Nice reading books on lounge chairs too.
  • Options
    FloridaSimmerFloridaSimmer Posts: 358 Member
    I thought when you said Drake in title, You were implying Drake the rapper! :D
    Origin: Floridasimmer

giphy.gif

• Options
    emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Is a singer supposed to say that they're LESS excited about their newest cd than their last 2? Of course not. They'll say to the public how happy they are about this latest project to build up EXCITEMENT to the listeners. Same thing this Guru did. Brilliantly I may add. Here we have 5 pages now based on one single tweet that gives nothing other than tells us what we already knew. We already knew they weren't stopping at 2 EPs. For all we know, Guru may simply know the subject matter of the EP and it may not even be in production. We could be waiting another 6+ months for it's release. But yay, let's be excited because she is... Nah

I'm only really replying to your comment since it was the last but there seems to be this misconception on how I work and what my job is.

I like lists so I'll break it down :)
    • I do not work in Marketing. I am not here to "sell" you anything. I am here to inform you about the product, engage with you, and take your feedback to my various partners in studio.
    • I have worked in customer service for a very long time (I talked about this in another thread) and the one thing I knew going into any of those jobs (including this one) is that people aren't dumb. I have never lied to a customer about how I felt about any product / movie / service. I gave my opinion and left it up to them to decide.
    • I have not once lied to any of you here. I have not once tried to build up the "hype train" --if anything I have ALWAYS been the one to go to the lever to change the direction that train was going in because I know the end destination.
    • I am free to ignore any tweets or inquiries that come my way and have repeatedly done so. I chose to answer that particular question because it wasn't sent to me out of malice or to start drama, it was asking for my personal opinion without requesting any other information from me so I answered it truthfully.
    • Do I know that anything I say will be shared out? Absolutely, and as the person who has to deal with the brunt of anything here in the community I willingly stepped into the "line of fire" (as they say) to at least answer the one question that I could.
    • I have way more access to things in Studio than you seem to realize. I am down in studio a good 95% of my day and have visibility into a good chunk of what goes on. I don't just receive an email the week before an announce with a subject line of "Next Pack is this" and the text in it just giving me bullet points to push out to all of you. I'm down there asking about what is going in, raising red flags when I feel you may get upset about something so I can understand why a specific decision was made, helping read our blogs to make sure that the team I'm on is being effective at answering the questions that I think you will end up asking, etc. I joke around that I really am the "gut check" with all of my studio partners because I am the physical representation of you and your voices.

Can you answer this..is EP4 in production?

I'm more interested if Gamepack 4 is in production.

I think it's a fairly safe bet that it is. Simguru Drake said herself (not sure if it was on this thread or somewhere else on the forums) that the teams are always working. GP4 probably started production as soon as Dine Out was released, maybe even before (because concept art and deciding on key features and all of that needs to be done).
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

I guess that is the challenge: keeping all of us happy. I don't envy them. Whatever they do someone will be unhappy. But that is what happens when you release a base game that is lacking so much content: there are lots of stuff they need to bring back (eg if the BG had already included seasons and toddlers we wouldn't be asking for it now and we could focus on other stuff..).

Btw I would LOVE natural disasters.

I don't know any more. I do remember, when the buttons were removed, several people said that since their attempting to belittle tools were removed they were going to use insightful now. Isn't the joke on them though? People get points and badges.... i.e. rewards for getting insightfuls.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    • I have not once lied to any of you here. I have not once tried to build up the "hype train" --if anything I have ALWAYS been the one to go to the lever to change the direction that train was going in because I know the end destination.
    • I am free to ignore any tweets or inquiries that come my way and have repeatedly done so. I chose to answer that particular question because it wasn't sent to me out of malice or to start drama, it was asking for my personal opinion without requesting any other information from me so I answered it truthfully.
    Look at that! Plenty of room for her to just have bad taste. :p
    Not hype, not lies, just different likes and dislikes.
    Speaking of which, a lot of people would like likes and dislikes added to the game, in relation to traits.

If it's not seasons, generations, pets or supernatural people will be disappointed, they know we don't want new things and would rather have the other packs first.

I'm not making any comment about your speculation on what it could or couldn't be but your delivery made me want to comment on this because I personally think this really is a sad way to view things.

Why don't you want new experiences? In the grand schemes of things you must realize that there are others who do want new experiences with a bit of the old thrown in. Why don't you want to the team to push themselves creatively to try new things? This is honestly something I struggle with understanding when I see comments like that on the forums and would really love to understand this kind of mind set.

I think I kind of have to agree.
    People seem to be wanting new packs, that are exactly the same as packs from previous sims games. And that would be rather boring, in a repetitive sense.

Personally, I don't desparately want seasons, generations or pets. And I don't want supernatual as it's been done before. Yes, I want vampires, werewolves and probably witches in my game, but I want them added in a different sort of way. I've made several posts about about the idea of a fairytale pack, because supernatural creatures can fit very nicely with older style, scarier fairytales. In the past, vampires have been added in packs that were't supernatural themed, but more related to a downtown goth nightclub side of things, not the enire focus of the pack.

So the core things that people really want, can still be added in a totally new and different way.
    Until it is officially said there will be no more* supernatural creatures, nor toddlers, and no snow, we can at least hope that they will be added in some other way, other that what we got used to with TS3.

*ghosts and aliens are already in the game, and they're supernatural
    Those who do, require dictionaries and socks for Christmas. No fun things.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    SimGuruDrake I can't wait to see your excited gif. I ll then know the Next EP will get announced a day later.

I m thinking this is going to be the biggest expansion yet.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,623 Member
    Well of course she would love it more than the last 2 SPs... If she didn't, I would be worried.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,617 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Well of course she would love it more than the last 2 SPs... If she didn't, I would be worried.

LOL
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Best comment in this thread. I love it. <3
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,617 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Best comment in this thread. I love it. <3

mhmm o:)
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Jerrello wrote: »
    Jerrello wrote: »
    I'm only really replying to your comment since it was the last but there seems to be this misconception on how I work and what my job is.

[*] I am here to inform you about the product, engage with you, and take your feedback to my various partners in studio.

[*] I have way more access to things in Studio than you seem to realize. I am down in studio a good 95% of my day and have visibility into a good chunk of what goes on. I don't just receive an email the week before an announce with a subject line of "Next Pack is this" and the text in it just giving me bullet points to push out to all of you. I'm down there asking about what is going in, raising red flags when I feel you may get upset about something so I can understand why a specific decision was made, helping read our blogs to make sure that the team I'm on is being effective at answering the questions that I think you will end up asking, etc. I joke around that I really am the "gut check" with all of my studio partners because I am the physical representation of you and your voices.

I know it isn't easy, doing you job, since no matter what you say, it will be over-analyzed and pulled apart for hidden meanings of any kind.
    I also figured you might know a lot of what is actually going on, after all, you work there. I already know you can't say much, until you get the "green light" so to speak, for various reasons. It must be a little hard having to hold back for so long. :*

I guess I would have liked to know if it (Exp pk 3) is something we have never had before, (Not say what it is, just comment a yes or no, but I guess you can't?...) o:)
    Anyway, those "voices you relay to the decisions makers", can you add "my voice", (tiny as it is, lol ) - if you already haven't - that I would LOVE to have a Tropical World/Neighborhood/Vacation...In other words, anything that creates a special Tropical Haven for our Sims. o:)

Beat you to the punch. She's not going to answer she skipped right over mine to reply to the "last comment" but anyway I get she can't tell us what it is but it's frustrating she can't even answer something that simple or is EP4 even being worked on. She really feels they do a great job communicating with the community which is a complete joke.

Didn't meant to skip over your comment, I purposefully responded the the comment after yours because it was relevant to what I was wanting to cover.

I don't talk about future stuff because all you will do is focus on that rather than what is ahead of you. That is what I am trying to get at. This idea of you thinking nothing is coming in the future seems weird to me because unless we tell you we aren't producing stuff anymore you should know that things are coming down the pipeline. We clearly haven't stopped production so why this mind set?

Why this mindset? Look how long it's been since we've received any information on an EP. It's going on a year and were so clueless about EP3 to the point people were wondering if there is an EP3. I asked about EP4 because I'm trying to get an idea of how far along you all are on developing EP's or are we going to have play the year long guessing game every time for an EP. I'm trying to give you all the benefit of the doubt.

I'm baffled at how your team just outright ignores our ancient requests and gives us something new we haven't asked for. Have they learned nothing from the GT backlash? That's like ordering at a restaurant and the waiter comes back and asks why don't want something else.

You do realise how business works, right?
    Fans always want something from the older games, as familiarity, but casual players will look at it and think "eh nothing new".
    EA have ALWAYS tried brand new ideas for the first 1-3 Expansions.

University, Open For Business, World Adventures, Ambitions etc. EA knows a game is a certified flop, if it they just launch with a Seasons/Pets/Generations EP straight out of the gate. Hardcore players may be in heaven, casual players (main audience) will wonder why they are buying into the same thing twice.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    Not a huge fan of SPs so I can't really decide if that gets me excited or not. It is nice knowing EP3 exists, but I have no idea if I should be excited or not.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited July 2016
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    So I guess Drake or I aren't allowed to be excited about it?

Hm. Maybe a memo next time?

Of course you can, but you can't really expect that someone who works for the sims to be impartial.