Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Packs Ruin The Gallery

I definitely don't support the insane number of stuff packs we get a year, but the worst part of it, for me, is that every single lot on The Gallery now contains content that I don't have. The Gallery is such a wonderful tool and it works so well, but now I feel like I'm being punished for choosing to not purchase any stuff packs. Every time I download a house, half the objects are replaced with generic objects and it bothers me that I don't know which objects were actually changed.

Does this annoy anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,258 Member
    edited July 2016
    I definitely don't support the insane number of stuff packs we get a year, but the worst part of it, for me, is that every single lot on The Gallery now contains content that I don't have. The Gallery is such a wonderful tool and it works so well, but now I feel like I'm being punished for choosing to not purchase any stuff packs. Every time I download a house, half the objects are replaced with generic objects and it bothers me that I don't know which objects were actually changed.

Does anything ever look out of place? I can remember downloading cc houses in Sims 2 and every object I didn't have was always replaced with the same statue.

ETA: Haven't visited the Gallery in a while but aren't you able to filter by pack?

ETA: Yes you can just select the packs you have.

cc_zpsqnzwyf05.png
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    i am not annoyed by this not at all shows that the game is getting better
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Nope I like them I don't Use CC hair so I like having more hair more objects and ore clothes. Sorry if you think its to many but I think its replacing the store in my opinion. So no its not ruining the game for me.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    mattandphilsims2mattandphilsims2 Posts: 136 Member

Does anything ever look out of place? I can remember downloading cc houses in Sims 2 and every object I didn't have was always replaced with the same statue.

ETA: Haven't visited the Gallery in a while but aren't you able to filter by pack?

cc_zpsqnzwyf05.png

That tool doesn't work for me at all. Maybe it's because I'm on Mac, but it doesn't work for me and it never has. Even when I select the packs I have, it shows me stuff with content I don't have :/
  • Options

cc_zpsqnzwyf05.png

That tool doesn't work for me at all. Maybe it's because I'm on Mac, but it doesn't work for me and it never has. Even when I select the packs I have, it shows me stuff with content I don't have :/
    Be honest do you even like this game anymore I mean I have seen you complain more time then praise it. Just curious what your thoughts are about the game its self as a whole.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,509 Member

I feel the opposite I love all the stuffpacks coming out cause it makes the wait for an ep or gamepack easier plus I like getting new content.

If I had to wait 6 months for content I'd go crazy.
  • Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member

cc_zpsqnzwyf05.png

Same for me. That tool doesn't work at all and I've seen a post about it on EA support about it.
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    tagging @SimGuruNick to look at this thread and @SimGuruAlan
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I am still waiting for My Gothic Stuff from day 1, But at the same Time, I am sorry that you feel left out, I buy the packs so I can get the new hair and clothes, even if they are not Gothic, other than that I would not bother to buy them cause its not all stuff I use , the Broken Slides did not help Me either.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    last time i checked the tool doesn't work
    i can choose as long i want to include only the packs i own, but the results include all packs i don't own

this tool works as "your packs are also included" & not as it should "your packs are the only included"

btw
    this is not the first & not the only thread about this issue
    here's another Exclusive instead of Inclusive <<<

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    We're aware of this issue, thank you all so much for the reports! :)
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,626 Member

cc_zpsqnzwyf05.png

WOW! Look at all those SPs. 4 of them being garden/outdoor based SPs..
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    I like when @SimGuruNick appears and acknowledge the problem;)) really glad that guru's presence is more often now on forums and it gives a lot of reassurance that the problem may be solved in the future:)

@mattandphilsims2 I hope your problem will be solved soon... I do not download stuff from gallery because I love to build myself. However I do understand that it is frustrating when you download and half of the stuff is not the same... ( haven't bought a lot of stuff packs myself) so really hope you will be able to use filter soon.. or maybe try to build yourself?

00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,179 Member
    @mattandphilsims2 Have you tried searching the hashtag #basegameonly - always use that when I've uploaded a build that consists of just base game items. Even if you do have EPs and GPs, you'll still be able to place these builds (if tagged properly, which I think most of them are). You could also try to find creators that don't use stuff packs (or not in all of their builds) and follow them.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I thought I was the only one...
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited July 2016
    There is a lot of stuff under #basegame .. but people move on when they are excited about more stuff to incorporate in their game. At least you called attention that the filters need fixing... sometimes things seem missing for me also and I have every pack... so I don't get it.
    *edited Opps didn't see that someone had suggested this ;)...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I love all the stuff packs, bring more EA! Stuff packs make me play more of Sims whilst waiting for the next EP or Game pack, I'd go crazy if there weren't any Stuff packs!
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    We're aware of this issue, thank you all so much for the reports! :)

Oh good, I've always had this issue too! (Also on a Mac.)
  • Options

cc_zpsqnzwyf05.png

Be honest do you even like this game anymore I mean I have seen you complain more time then praise it. Just curious what your thoughts are about the game its self as a whole.

Why does he need to answer this? Has it got anything to do with the OP? No. He doesn't have to justify himself to another customer at all.

OP I'd report this as an issue if the gallery isn't working for you. Maybe it's a mac problem that needs reporting so that can fix it?
    I was just curious because he complains about the game more then he praises it and I see he is complaining there are to many SP and that it ruins his game.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member

cc_zpsqnzwyf05.png

Why does he need to answer this? Has it got anything to do with the OP? No. He doesn't have to justify himself to another customer at all.

OP I'd report this as an issue if the gallery isn't working for you. Maybe it's a mac problem that needs reporting so that can fix it?
    I was just curious because he complains about the game more then he praises it and I see he is complaining there are to many SP and that it ruins his game.

What does that matter to you?
    Unless you're personally buying them the SPs
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,258 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »

cc_zpsqnzwyf05.png

WOW! Look at all those SPs. 4 of them being garden/outdoor based SPs..

Yes! And I love them all. :)
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

cc_zpsqnzwyf05.png

Then instead of derailing this thread and appearing to call him out in public surely it would be better if you sent him a pm or approached him privately for the sake of your personal curiousity? You've got that ability.

I will point out it's a very personal question. He shouldn't feel he should have to ever answer to another customer like that because like I said before it has nothing to do with this discussion at all or really any of anyone's business. If you don't want to support his site because of his opinion that's up to you. He doesn't need to 'answer' to anyone. He's being honest about his position and that's refreshing.

Now that's all I have to say about it because I respect the OP and don't want to further derail his thread.

Sorry OP :)
  • Options
    ohthedramaohthedrama Posts: 181 Member
    Nope! I have purchased a lot of Stuff Packs because I wanted access to all the amazing gallery builds as is. However, there are loads of beautiful builds on the gallery for the base game and all you have to do is use the filter.
  • Options

cc_zpsqnzwyf05.png

What does that matter to you?
    Unless you're personally buying them the SPs
    What is that suppose to mean sorry dense does it mean have I bought all the stuff packs and my answer would be yes.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641