Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Wolf Den -- Reading Circle for New Stories -- FULL

Comments

• Options
    noxximsnoxxims Posts: 134 Member
    noxxims wrote: »
    @StephKillahB Just finished your new set of chapters. You have such an eloquent way of writing. It seems like everything you put together just makes sense, no added nonsense.

And how do you release a batch of chapters so fast? Do you just take a bunch of screenshots and write before posting them all? Bc right now I'm literally taking pics, writing, and posting in one day.

Thank you so much! :) I appreciate the compliments.

First I write down a rough draft of what I want to happen in my chapters (I usually write 5 at a time), and then I open TS4 to take the screenshots that I want/need. After that I go to WordPress to put the pictures to words.

Sometimes people end up seeing my posts before I want them to. Like, when I am working on Chapter 13, for example, some of you have already read Chapters 11 and 12, even though I haven't promoted them yet. However, my whole process of creating and publishing 5 chapters is usually completed within one day! (Pretty much takes all day.)

Yeah I bet! It takes me a few hours just to do everything for one chapter. I've had to split the most recent chapter up over the past couple days because it's been like the busiest weekend ever. It's hard to get in the groove when I'm writing like 5 minutes at a time.
    8aec0358-095a-4e29-a083-d49ed056a897_zps3awx8cce.jpg
  • Options
    TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    @StephKillahB

if you want all the chapters to be released at the same time so you can promote them all, you can schedule them to post at that same time on one day, one right after the other. i've already wrote all the way up to generation 5 on my legacy, but i have it scheduled to post updates on set days. (:
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Hey all, I just posted a poll regarding my story to maybe try and promote some audience interaction and discussion! You can find it on my story thread or here.
  • Options
    StephKillahBStephKillahB Posts: 84 Member
    Hey all, I just posted a poll regarding my story to maybe try and promote some audience interaction and discussion! You can find it on my story thread or here.

I took the quiz! Do you mind me talking about my choice?
    L6ASt4L.jpg

Please check out my TS4 story: 'Ineffable'
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I'm home from camping :D There won't be a new chapter til Wednesday.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options

I took the quiz! Do you mind me talking about my choice?

Not at all! I'd love to hear the reasoning behind your decision. You can talk about it here or on the story thread.
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    edited July 2016
    @noxxims No matter what I may have said about Don, I think that he might very well be the one for Bella because of how happy he makes her, and because of how it seems like he's trying to change for her.

EDIT: (was about to put something, but decided against it, and accidentally hit save comment...)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    Interesting point, @SilentWolf101. I have a completely different view, though.

Be warned about my character/plot analysis, @noxxims. It's really honest and kinda long:
    From what I know about Mortimer thus far, I believe that he is the better choice for Bella. I was going to answer with "neither" because she does seem grossly fixated on men in general, as if men are going to fix her internal issues. However, I thought against it and decided that as long as Mortimer isn't secretly an abusive husband, then he is the right one for her. They're already married, after all. She made that promise to stick with him through thick and thin, through sickness and health. Marriage should be taken very seriously, otherwise why marry at all?

Unless there are more details to come out about Mortimer, I will never accept him being a busy working man as an "excuse" for Bella to cheat on her husband and potentially destroy her family. I mean, he gives her everything: a beautiful home, an easy life, and two healthy children. The Goth family isn't hard done by, by any means. At least from what we've seen so far...?

Bella's choice to seek another man's attention, without first going to her husband and communicating her needs, is wrong. Plain and simple. I also lack respect for Don because he knows Bella has a husband and children. It is acknowledged in Chapter 2 that Don doesn't care about family. To me, he's just a selfish man who only cares about getting what he wants in the moment: which is obviously WooHoo!

Whew. :| Now that I got that out of my system...

I mean nothing against you, @noxxims! I hope you know that I love the story and think you're a great writer. Drama is so fun to watch when it's other people's—and especially fictional video game characters! >:) Haha! I guess I just take everything very seriously.
    L6ASt4L.jpg

• Options
    @StephKillahB Without saying too much, I agree that Bella is the one at fault here for being lustful when she is already married. It's not just Mortimer's responsibility to make the marriage work, she's not really putting in much effort either. However, I don't think she's cheating to be malicious or because she doesn't love Mortimer, I think it might just be a part of her personality?

Things will become clearer as the story goes on. The next chapter is going to change some things about Bella and Mortimer's current relationship.
  • Options
    @noxxims I voted Mortimer for the same reason @StephKillahB did.
  • Options
    @StephKillahB Without saying too much, I agree that Bella is the one at fault here for being lustful when she is already married. It's not just Mortimer's responsibility to make the marriage work, she's not really putting in much effort either. However, I don't think she's cheating to be malicious or because she doesn't love Mortimer, I think it might just be a part of her personality?

Things will become clearer as the story goes on. The next chapter is going to change some things about Bella and Mortimer's current relationship.

Looking forward to the next chapter! ;)
    L6ASt4L.jpg

• Options
    Ah, what a lovely start to a little discussion. :)

This may be because I've grown up in a family where my mom divorced and remarried and my dad suddenly disappeared off the face of the Earth, but this is how I look at things: Yes, marriage is sacred. Yes, Bella does have a pretty easy life. Yes, her actively seeking another man could ruin her family. Yes, Don has done some things wrong... Okay, many things wrong... However, as it goes, she's not as happy in her marriage as she is with Don, and happiness -- despite how selfish it is -- is what motivates people and is one of the biggest keys to life.

, but Bella appears to be happy with him. Yes, Bella is at fault for actively cheating on her husband and seeking some romance with Don, but Mortimer is not as perfect as he sounds. They were about to get it on, but right before they did, he got a phone call and chose his work over his wife. Granted, I do not know what that call was about (if it was mentioned, I cannot for the life of me remember), but if my husband (or wife, whichever) chose their work over me, I too would be disappointed and maybe even a little turned off.

Now, I'm not saying that Mortimer is a bad husband. I'm not saying that at all. He's just not my type, I guess.
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options

This may be because I've grown up in a family where my mom divorced and remarried and my dad suddenly disappeared off the face of the Earth, but this is how I look at things: Yes, marriage is sacred. Yes, Bella does have a pretty easy life. Yes, her actively seeking another man could ruin her family. Yes, Don has done some things wrong... Okay, many things wrong... However, as it goes, she's not as happy in her marriage as she is with Don, and happiness -- despite how selfish it is -- is what motivates people and is one of the biggest keys to life.

, but Bella appears to be happy with him. Yes, Bella is at fault for actively cheating on her husband and seeking some romance with Don, but Mortimer is not as perfect as he sounds. They were about to get it on, but right before they did, he got a phone call and chose his work over his wife. Granted, I do not know what that call was about (if it was mentioned, I cannot for the life of me remember), but if my husband (or wife, whichever) chose their work over me, I too would be disappointed and maybe even a little turned off.

Now, I'm not saying that Mortimer is a bad husband. I'm not saying that at all. He's just not my type, I guess.

I think that sometimes divorces are for the best because both sides end up being happier afterwards, Bella might be happier with Don than she is with Mortimer. I'm believe she was just as happy with Mortimer before he became so consumed with work and she's not at fault for wanting something more. Like you said, happiness motivates people, so I don't think she would really care who is making her happy as long as she is feeling it? I think it's pretty complicated and I don't even know for sure what I want them to be thinking myself lol
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I can see your viewpoint now that you've explained it! I come from a broken family, too, but I guess the difference is that my dad left my mom (plus my sister and me) for another woman and her four children (my step-sibs). He still stayed in our life and supported us financially, but it's safe to say that we were definitely quite dysfunctional for a while after he left. And while we are so glad our dad left for various reasons I won't get into, I won't pretend that a broken home is an easy one. You seem to know that that yourself. (Which I'm so sorry for.)

Anyway, I don't tolerate cheaters. I know it happens, believe me I haven't always been an honest person myself, and it definitely sucks for all parties involved. But I won't make excuses for Bella, even if it is too bad that her husband might prioritize work over their family. The way I see it is, if she's so unhappy with Mortimer then the right thing to do is either communicate her needs, or divorce him. It's not right to continue living off of his money while she's sneaking around and being unfaithful with other men. :(

BTW, guys. I've recently updated Ineffable, as well. Feel free to check it out when you have time and let me know what you think!

Edit: wording
    L6ASt4L.jpg

• Options
    I'll be MIA from discussions for a week or so...My cat broke his leg so I gotta take care of him. I'll be reading during my down time though.
  • Options
    I'll be MIA from discussions for a week or so...My cat broke his leg so I gotta take care of him. I'll be reading during my down time though.

Hope he gets better soon! I know I'm stressing out right now because my rabbit might have mites. It's hard to see your pet in pain or discomfort.

• Options

Hope he gets better soon! I know I'm stressing out right now because my rabbit might have mites. It's hard to see your pet in pain or discomfort.

It definitely is hard. My heart is breaking because there's nothing I can do for him until tomorrow. He has that certain pitch of meow that sounds like a baby crying and saying mama, so it's killing my maternal instinct.
    I hope your rabbit doesn't have mites. I've never actually had a rabbit, but mites are no fun.
  • Options

Oh no! That's horrible. :( Poor kitty. I'm glad he has you to take care of him.
    L6ASt4L.jpg

• Options
    Finally got around to posting the newest chapter after such a busy few days. It lends nicely to our discussion as it gives some more insight into Bella and Mortimer's relationship and the future with Don.
  • Options
    sorry i've been absent, super busy wedding planning / ring shopping @_@
  • Options
    My cat has no broken bones, so I should be able to continue writing with no worries tomorrow afternoon, and a chapter up Thursday morning at the usual time.

Exciting!! :o
  • Options

Congratulations! :smiley: When's the wedding date?
    My cat has no broken bones, so I should be able to continue writing with no worries tomorrow afternoon, and a chapter up Thursday morning at the usual time.

Awesome! Can't wait!

L6ASt4L.jpg

• Options
    @DreamsInPixels
    Glad to hear your cat is alright! Maybe not perfect, but at least he's not broken! :#

@StephKillahB
    December 3rd! (:
  • Options
    @StephKillahB I'm sorry that you had a broken home as well -- yours was worse than mine, so it sounds. I'm glad you understand my viewpoint, whether or not you agree with my decision is perfectly alright. :) In the end, it is simply my opinion. I do agree that cheaters aren't the best people, but even they (sometimes) deserve happiness too.
    @DreamsInPixels Aw, I hope your kitty feels better soon!
    @TheoriesOfHappiness I assume it's your wedding, so congratulations! :D

@Everyone, sorry my updates are so slow and I haven't been reading as much -- I tend to be scatterbrained and get caught up in many other things. I'm working on some minecraft stuff at the moment, helping some friends of mine set up a server and such. Tomorrow I should be able to get caught up on reading, and maybe even work on the next chapter a bit. That's partially why I didn't make it so you needed an update schedule to join this group -- Because I don't have one, and I don't expect anybody else to have/keep one either...
  • Options
    @SilentWolf101 That's okay. @BabyDollAnne is super addicted to Stardew Valley so she's been kinda MIA. I've been busy with camping, my cat and Overwatch. :D