The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    @Spottydog714 I will checkout stat! :)

@InfraGreen it's looking good! I started doing TS4 poses and have become addicted to it, literally. I plan on getting couple poses down, and when I have more time, get to animations. I just don't have enough time in my day! It's been a few weeks since I've done any new poses but right now I'm wanting to focus in on making some new realistic skins for my simmies. Shooting for ultra-realism...
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    @Jellysimwich Thank you :)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    edited July 2016
    I love sims... This is the inside of my Bachelorette house. I have literally booted up this house for a little bit for the first time just to see what happens... And we're not even 5 minutes into the competition, my time, and 1hour sims time, and one the contestants is already shirtless staring at Amara's backside...

NvmVFuE.png
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    @Spottydog714 I'm watching your vid right now and it's looking great. (I'm totally multitasking here...scoring model comp entries and whatnot :D )
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited July 2016
    Meggles wrote: »
    I love this mug sharing!!!! :love:

I have one that says Mine

@CitizenErased14 (And everyone talking about poses)

What exactly are you guys looking for in poses? I am a bit confused here since everyone seems to think that the poses released are not good enough for story telling? There is literally an entire section on the CC finds blog specifically for story telling and those creators take requests. I linked them once before but not sure if anyone saw it or not.
  • Options
    OJenn wrote: »

What exactly are you guys looking for in poses? I am a bit confused here since everyone seems to think that the poses released are not good enough for story telling? There is literally an entire section on the CC finds blog specifically for story telling and those creators take requests. I linked them once before but not sure if anyone saw it or not.

Who is everyone?

I must have missed the discussion on poses and only caught the tail-end of @InfraGreen's post. I think there's lots of great CC poses out there. I'm just addicted to making them myself and keep storing them on my computer. I need to offload them to the community soon.
  • Options
    PS. In fact... if you guys find couple poses that work with pose player, tag me, because I'm always on the lookout for those! I do have several blogs I follow that have a bunch but I'm sure there's more out there :D
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited July 2016
    Meggles wrote: »
    I love this mug sharing!!!! :love:

I have one that says Mine

@CitizenErased14 (And everyone talking about poses)

@OJenn The biggest complaint we have is that most couple poses have very expressionless faces. There is no emotion on the sims' faces. (Especially the guy's faces, I've noticed). I've seen some good storytelling poses and have downloaded/used some, but I share the gripe about most couple poses being quite expressionless. I have a great one that's supposed to be a man comforting a woman, and the body language is great, but there's zero expression on either sims' faces.

Unfortunately, it was my only option so I've used it, and it will show up in a future gen 4 chapter of my legacy (again, because the body positioning was too good to pass up haha). But it irks me that it kind of makes my characters look like they have no feeling! (By the way, there are a handful of couple poses with good facial expressions! I have those too. But most are quite statue-like, from what I've seen).

Also, the simple fact that most of them are modeling poses or couple poses. I'd love more poses of friends hanging out and stuff! :) I have seen some popping up on lanaccfinds, so hopefully they will continue to be released!

(Oh, and sometimes there are just some poses that don't seem to exist. Like one that I really wanted/needed for a future chapter but I searched the internet up and down and didn't find one that works, so I have to improvise :lol:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 well and to be fair, at least from my experience with posing, the facial tweaks can be a nuisance. It's much easier to manipulate the limb rigs versus the facial. I think that's largely while it's not messed with.
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @Jellysimwich I do understand that. It just kind of "takes you out of the scene" in a story when they have all this emotion and expression on their faces in a bunch of screenshots, then are completely stoic, then go back to having emotions again :lol: But I think pose makers know that people like me will use them no matter what because we like how they've posed the sims :tongue: Still, it'd be nice to see at least a hint of feeling :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @Jellysimwich I do understand that. It just kind of "takes you out of the scene" in a story when they have all this emotion and expression on their faces in a bunch of screenshots, then are completely stoic, then go back to having emotions again :lol: But I think pose makers know that people like me will use them no matter what because we like how they've posed the sims :tongue: Still, it'd be nice to see at least a hint of feeling :)

As a fellow storyteller, I agree, totally feel where you're coming from. Though, I have not used a single pose yet for my Life Is story, but in due time I will. There's going to be scenes that I won't be able to express by default reactionary expressions.
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    edited July 2016
    Or like you need someone kneeling on the floor while making a ritual to summon death...err, everyone's had that scene, right?

I remember you posted two sites @OJenn ! I haven't had a chance to take a look at them yet! But I'm excited. So many modeling poses, they flood the market, I fear.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    Hmm I dont see that @CitizenErased14 Example being my favorite post of all time to use with couples

tumblr_o9o1bqdi9D1tn6pi8o2_1280.png
    tumblr_o9o1bqdi9D1tn6pi8o1_1280.png

• Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited July 2016
    Hmm I dont see that CitizenErased14 Example being my favorite post of all time to use with couples
    tumblr_o9o1bqdi9D1tn6pi8o2_1280.png
    tumblr_o9o1bqdi9D1tn6pi8o1_1280.png

That one is lovely @OJenn ! I must not be looking in the right places!
    (And didn't you link us the other day when we were talking about this? I should keep better track... :sweat:
    PS You don't need to re-link! I'll find it later!)
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i have pose player installed but no poses. i can't find any.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    at least you aren't looking for one car or other to go with a pose
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

As a fellow storyteller, I agree, totally feel where you're coming from. Though, I have not used a single pose yet for my Life Is story, but in due time I will. There's going to be scenes that I won't be able to express by default reactionary expressions.

I find that a mixture of actually just using the built in reaction poses that come with the sims and getting creative with the ones that are out there. I guess I just haven't run into any issues finding them? I mean for me story telling in like 90% screenshots, since these pictures tend to tell a thousand words I use what I can. I probably spend more time searching for poses to use that actually writing lol

But we all are telling very different stories so I guess that makes some sense. I personally don't like the faces that sims make normally so the pose faces work for me.

@Meggles - Yep Yep! I linked it. I search high and low for the good ones :wink:
  • Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    Wesley talks to his kidnapper, while the boys have a match of Don't Wake the Llama!
    2.46 - Forgiving Yourself

02-19-16_1-22-43c2a0am.png
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Hi everyone - Another Give Away

Enter to win a copy of the Kids Room Stuff Pack for TS4

Click Below for Eligibility Rules:

https://youtu.be/59Fny4D6llU
  • Options
    sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member

This my go to for poses.

flowerchamber.tumblr.com/ts4posescreators
    Origin ID: Shar1W
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    sunnyshay wrote: »

This my go to for poses.

are they safe? mom doesn't know i use mods so i have to make sure things aren't buggy before i use them.
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    I'll post a pic of my two coffee cups when I get home. I think you guys will get a laugh out of it, one is MASSIVE and the other is tiny! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    sunnyshay wrote: »

This my go to for poses.

Same
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,917 Member
    Had a busy day on my drifter challenge, I might be finally warming up to TS4 two years later :joy: just a quick plug for my blogaversary I'd really like people to get involved if they can <3
    Gen-7-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Story update over here! Episode 2 of The Bachelor: Disney Villains Edition :D

suRdkSd.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top