The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do most people think that toddlers will eventually happen?

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I would be very happy if they added toddlers to the Sims 4 but I am not sure if it will happen. Did the Sims team say somewhere that toddlers will be added in the future?

I really don't think it will ever happen in the Sims 4 even though many people want it very badly. The Sims Team doesn't seem to be focusing on what people really want and just what they assume people want and party packs/expansions.

I personally don't care if they add toddlers but it would be cool if they did.

Haven't there been threads recently that told everyone exactly what they said with links and everything else. Let's not put this on customers. Maxis knows how they led people to keep those preorders. Words like 'not at launch'. Words like 'Didn't want to shoe horn them in, but would be a priority'... statements. Exploring them statements. Well, that exploration never happened or it fell off the side of the cliff because that was over a year ago. Nobody explores things for a game that long. So, to me disingenuous statements from them. Not my fault, they said them, I didn't.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    edited May 2016
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Because it's going to end badly for the support for the game in the long run if they do not. And more importantly, it would be a devastating hit to the trust people would give them for their next iteration, if there is one.

I agree that they would lose many fans if they do not include this but I just don't see why everyone assumes they will add it eventually. I do think it would be cool to have toddlers but I don't believe they will actually add them in the future, if they do then that would be great though.

Okay, here's the deal. If it is proving technically difficult or impossible to implement toddlers into the game (which is my biggest worry/fear) then they need to say so. Especially if it's proving impossible. They need to be honest about it so that players won't continue to expect them, and then, more importantly, the devs need to stop trying to work on them. That's IF it's absolutely impossible. If it's just proving difficult and they're working on them and they are just encountering hurdles but feel they can eventually get around those hurdles and add them in, by all means continue to work on them.

if it's not a technical issue, they should be aware a large number of the player base do want toddlers added in, and they should really follow where the money comes from, the player base, and work towards giving the players what they want, instead of what they devs think they should try.

I just don't get why they expect them at all, unless the team has said "eventually we will add toddlers" I don't understand why everyone expects it to happen and is disappointed when it doesn't. Yes I would like toddlers and tons of people want them but there is a difference between wanting and expecting something to happen that was never promised.

I think it would make so many people happy to have it and I hope they do add them so people can be happy about it but I don't expect it to happen unless they promise it or state it will. I think they should give the players what they want but have noticed they don't seem as focused anymore on giving people what they want and I am not sure why that is.

I don't know if expects is really the right word. I think it's more that given the vocal (well, for being written words) response to no toddlers, and the amount of requests for them, it doesn't make sense for it to be in EA/Maxis' best interest for them to not be coming, if they are possible to implement in the game. The only logical reason they should not show up eventually is if, as I said before, it's proven technically impossible to add them in. So I guess it's a logical thinking that given their silence on the issue, the assumption is that until they say "no toddlers ever" it's likely they will be coming at some point.

I do think expect is the right word because people do expect it to eventually happen and they are disappointed when it doesn't. Since toddlers were never promised I just don't understand why people think it will happen. Again big different between wanting something and expecting it. Why would they have to say "no toddlers ever" to convince people? Sure people can want them, just like I want pets in my game but I don't expect it to happen because they never promised it to me at all.

Expect/assume. Tah-may-to, ta-mah-to. The choices are to expect/assume or to not expect/assume. You pretty much have to do one or the other. One could easily make a thread about "why do so many people assume toddlers won't be coming" as well. Which would be fine. It's okay to have both types of threads.

Huge difference is the vast majority of people expect toddlers to happen based on what people talk about each day on here for over a year. There are far less that think it will not happen. I am not saying it isn't ok to have these threads, I just don't understand why people expect it when it was never promised. Wanting something and expecting are different things and I just had trouble understanding why people expect something that was not promised. Like I said I want toddlers but don't expect it.

Keep in mind the forum is not the majority of sims players, this is honestly probably about 10-20% of the player base, but I do get what you're saying, we can only go by forum activity and not those who are not on the forum and what they think. So let's just say for this next statement that the forum "is" all of the player base - when the majority of your customer base wants something, and you haven't indicated it is an impossibility, it is a good business decision to listen to your customer base. Your business cannot thrive without meeting the expectations of (the majority of, as you'll never please everyone) customers. Thus, until they indicate they will not be adding in toddlers, the assumption is that because so many people do want it, it will happen. Because the other alternative is to assume it won't be coming.

Mind you that's all for realistic requests and expectations. I'm sure everyone would love for all the games and content to be free - but that's not a logical business practice and thus no one really expects that.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    @SilentGirl490 : The did say so in the beginning. It may even have been SimguruGraham. I don't have the quote and please, if someone knows where to find it, please post it, again. All life-stages were to be in the game. Then, like I stated in an earlier post, at the very last minute it was announced no toddlers. This was like on a Thursday or a Friday, because I had just pre-ordered (and paid in full) for the disk version when they made such an announcement. That weekend, which was just before the release, I seriously considered canceling the pre-order and getting my money back.

Um, it was actually 2 months prior to release when they announced toddlers wouldn't be included.
    Huge difference is the vast majority of people expect toddlers to happen based on what people talk about each day on here for over a year. There are far less that think it will not happen. I am not saying it isn't ok to have these threads, I just don't understand why people expect it when it was never promised. Wanting something and expecting are different things and I just had trouble understanding why people expect something that was not promised. Like I said I want toddlers but don't expect it.

Maybe there's nothing to "get." Why do some people assume toddlers won't be coming? Why do people assume we'll get pets and seasons and supernaturals? I have yet to see the gurus say definitively they'll be adding anything other than the upcoming restaurants and kid stuff pack and the only things they've absolutely said they won't add are CASt and a fully open world (am I missing something?). Everything that people request, want and expect is pretty much speculation at this point and everyone has different levels of belief in what this team will provide for this iteration. And there's nothing wrong with any of it, as long as people are expressing their wants, expectations and lack of expectations politely.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    SilentGirl490SilentGirl490 Posts: 506 Member
    I skimmed the thread but I think their choice of words prior to launch (strong foundation blah blah) made people feel more secure that they were coming. Also from a business standpoint it makes sense. Why wouldn't you want to have more sales by including content your consumers want? But every announcement that is not toddlers makes me lose more hope. I haven't touched the game in months because I finally just got tired of supporting them in hopes of them delivering. Maybe I'll buy the new stuff, I don't know.

Also love the icon OP.

I think it would be wonderful if they added toddlers it would be great and they would earn a lot of money but they seem so focused on other things and don't really seem to be hearing people or caring for some reason. I don't really understand why they haven't added them. I just personally don't understand why most people seem so upset that it hasn't happened because they expected it to without a promise it would.

Thank you btw, I love Sam and Dean.

• Options
    ebuchala wrote: »
    @SilentGirl490 : The did say so in the beginning. It may even have been SimguruGraham. I don't have the quote and please, if someone knows where to find it, please post it, again. All life-stages were to be in the game. Then, like I stated in an earlier post, at the very last minute it was announced no toddlers. This was like on a Thursday or a Friday, because I had just pre-ordered (and paid in full) for the disk version when they made such an announcement. That weekend, which was just before the release, I seriously considered canceling the pre-order and getting my money back.

Um, it was actually 2 months prior to release when they announced toddlers wouldn't be included.

Maybe there's nothing to "get." Why do some people assume toddlers won't be coming? Why do people assume we'll get pets and seasons and supernaturals? I have yet to see the gurus say definitively they'll be adding anything other than the upcoming restaurants and kid stuff pack and the only things they've absolutely said they won't add are CASt and a fully open world (am I missing something?). Everything that people request, want and expect is pretty much speculation at this point and everyone has different levels of belief in what this team will provide for this iteration. And there's nothing wrong with any of it, as long as people are expressing their wants, expectations and lack of expectations politely.

I think you misunderstand that people by far expect or want toddlers more than any of the others things you mentioned, that is the clear difference. I find nothing wrong with wanting things but expecting things that were never promised doesn't make sense. My point is expecting something that was never promised does not make sense and you just set yourself up for disappointment, wanting something is fine but when it does not happen you are not nearly as disappointed. I don't expect things that are not promised.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 911 Member
    Because it's going to end badly for the support for the game in the long run if they do not. And more importantly, it would be a devastating hit to the trust people would give them for their next iteration, if there is one.

I agree that they would lose many fans if they do not include this but I just don't see why everyone assumes they will add it eventually. I do think it would be cool to have toddlers but I don't believe they will actually add them in the future, if they do then that would be great though.

Okay, here's the deal. If it is proving technically difficult or impossible to implement toddlers into the game (which is my biggest worry/fear) then they need to say so. Especially if it's proving impossible. They need to be honest about it so that players won't continue to expect them, and then, more importantly, the devs need to stop trying to work on them. That's IF it's absolutely impossible. If it's just proving difficult and they're working on them and they are just encountering hurdles but feel they can eventually get around those hurdles and add them in, by all means continue to work on them.

if it's not a technical issue, they should be aware a large number of the player base do want toddlers added in, and they should really follow where the money comes from, the player base, and work towards giving the players what they want, instead of what they devs think they should try.

I like your outlook and generally agree with your sentiment. While I'm not a game designer and don't claim any intimate knowledge of the Sims games inner workings, I feel there are a few things that can be logically deduced. (I do have coding experience and know my way around a computer, mind you.)

RE: Is it technically impossible? Definitely not. Toddlers are just another life-stage. If you can make children, which are different-sized and require a different set of animations than the teens/adults/elders, then you can make toddlers. That's not to say that it's -easily- accomplished though -- which is the real crux of things, IMO.

The key issues are that toddlers would require a whole new body to be created -- in 3D terms that's a new skeleton/mesh and a whole slew of new animations that define how this new body moves. Then on top of that, you have to define how all the existing bodies interact with this new body. Meaning a bunch of new animations for the children and adult-sized Sims so they can interact with the toddlers. So you not only have to do some very intensive work to create the toddlers, but also some intensive work to add to the existing life stages so they can actually interact together.

Aside from that, you can be sure there are people at Maxis who are looking at this from a 'ROI' (return-on-investment) type of standpoint. It's going to take a lot of animating work to add a life-stage, and they're asking what all this time is going to really gain them, what it going to add to the game. Personally, I believe that the Gurus are probably a bit unsure of just what they can really -DO- with toddlers. In the past, they've been a point that have been criticized as often more tedious than enjoyable. (Again, not by everyone, but there seems to be a significant opinion that they weren't all that fun to play in earlier incarnations.)

I'm sure that the Gurus want to make toddlers, if they do so at all, that will add fun gameplay to their game. I'm not so sure they've decided, in their own minds, just what that means they should be/do. I suspect the thought that they may do the work, do all the animations, put in all the time, and then end up with a life-stage that's just generally there but not all that enjoyable to really do much with is something that might weigh on their thoughts for the subject. If this is indeed the case, then I can see why they may not be jumping right in with a positive decision to move forward.

Unfortunately, the longer this issue continues, the worse things are likely to get. The more time passes, the more people tend to expect. How many times have we seen statements that start out stating how long it's been since the game came out, how much time the Gurus have 'had' to do something? The fact is that they haven't had all that time solely to work on toddlers. They've obviously been doing other things. But the 'You've had X years now to do this' is definitely a thing people pull out. So the longer they wait, the more pressure there is, rightly or not, to make toddlers a fun and enjoyable thing. It gets to be a losing proposition to spend a lot of time working on something that, at best, may really be a kind of mediocre addition in terms of gameplay.

I'm not claiming that toddlers, if they are indeed added, can only be mediocre in TS4. I'm just speculating that this is possibly a real fear of the team at Maxis -- a valid concern that causes them to really question the 'worth' of actually adding them in. If we're going to sit here speculating, I choose to speculate a bit on why things are as they are and hopefully get some people thinking about it a bit.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I just don't get why they expect them at all, unless the team has said "eventually we will add toddlers" I don't understand why everyone expects it to happen and is disappointed when it doesn't. Yes I would like toddlers and tons of people want them but there is a difference between wanting and expecting something to happen that was never promised.

I think it would make so many people happy to have it and I hope they do add them so people can be happy about it but I don't expect it to happen unless they promise it or state it will. I think they should give the players what they want but have noticed they don't seem as focused anymore on giving people what they want and I am not sure why that is.

I don't know if expects is really the right word. I think it's more that given the vocal (well, for being written words) response to no toddlers, and the amount of requests for them, it doesn't make sense for it to be in EA/Maxis' best interest for them to not be coming, if they are possible to implement in the game. The only logical reason they should not show up eventually is if, as I said before, it's proven technically impossible to add them in. So I guess it's a logical thinking that given their silence on the issue, the assumption is that until they say "no toddlers ever" it's likely they will be coming at some point.

I do think expect is the right word because people do expect it to eventually happen and they are disappointed when it doesn't. Since toddlers were never promised I just don't understand why people think it will happen. Again big different between wanting something and expecting it. Why would they have to say "no toddlers ever" to convince people? Sure people can want them, just like I want pets in my game but I don't expect it to happen because they never promised it to me at all.

YOU ARE WRONG! They WERE promised.

Show me where and I will apologize.

• Options
    edited May 2016

I think you misunderstand that people by far expect or want toddlers more than any of the others things you mentioned, that is the clear difference. I find nothing wrong with wanting things but expecting things that were never promised doesn't make sense. My point is expecting something that was never promised does not make sense and you just set yourself up for disappointment, wanting something is fine but when it does not happen you are not nearly as disappointed. I don't expect things that are not promised.

I didn't misunderstand that there is a group of fans who really want toddlers back more than anything else. Trust me, they are very vocal on the forums here. Perhaps you misunderstand that there are quite a few people who have no interest in toddlers--apparently enough that Maxis felt comfortable leaving out a whole life stage for an extended period of time. And that there are those who want other things more than toddlers (I'd much rather have apartments first, for instance).

I get your point but you can't really tell people how to feel, how to set their own expectations or how to feel when the expectations aren't met. Not everyone is you so they won't deal with this scenario the same way you do. You don't expect them--great, enjoy that. Others of us do expect the devs to get them back in the game. *shrug* There's no right or wrong way of dealing with this. People make their choices and live with the consequences however they land and it's not really your responsibility to make people change their perspective.

ETA: typo
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    I think until they announce "There will never be toddlers in the game" people will stop expecting them. They won't drop it, there will be angry threads for a while then things will eventually slow down.

And I don't speak for anyone but me but maybe they expect them because they were in two of the three prequels of the sims series.

Love your profile pic!
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Here is my take on the whole thing. Toddlers are not coming to TS4, and they avoid confirming this because it's better to leave us in the dark than lose out on a huge amount of sales like they know they would. Because as long as it's up in the air, there's always going to be someone still holding out hope they'll be added, and will continue to buy the new content until they are.

We're getting two packs next month. That's two more packs that toddlers (IF ever added) will not be part of. You won't be able to take them to restaurants and there certainly won't be any items for them in the kids pack. Yeah, it's going to be a horrible move on the devs part if toddlers are never added. I hope they prove me wrong. But realistically speaking, it seems more and more unlikely.
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member

As far as I can see they never said the word "promise" however they did say they would be in the game http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887721/speculation-toddlers-are-not-coming/p1
    First page, first post. Read it all as its about what has been said about toddlers before and after the game was released. I do not see the word "promise" I do still think it was rather rude to say one thing and then do another, but that's just me.
  • Options

I didn't misunderstand that there is a group of fans who really want toddlers back more than anything else. Trust me, they are very vocal on the forums here. Perhaps you misunderstand that there are quite a few people who have no interest in toddlers--apparently enough that Maxis felt comfortable leaving out a whole life stage for an extended period of time. And that there are those who want other things more than toddlers (I'd much rather have apartments first, for instance).

I get your point but you can't really tell people how to feel, how to set their own expectations or how to feel when the expectations aren't met. Not everyone is you so they won't deal with this scenario the same way you do. You don't expect them--great, enjoy that. Others of us do expect the devs to get them back in the game. *shrug* There's no right or wrong way of dealing with this. People make their choices and live with the consequences however they land and it's not really your responsibility to make people change their perspective.

I never told anyone how to feel at all, I was trying to understand why people expect them. Read my first message I posted. I was trying to understand if I missed some promise somewhere where it was stated that toddlers were promised. If you want to expect something that was never promised by all means you can but there is a difference between expecting and wanting something. Expecting something is usually based on a promise or something stated, wanting is totally different. Expecting something never promised is just setting yourself up for some disappointment. My big point was where was it promised so I can understand why people expect it?

I am not trying to change anyone's perspective but don't understand how anyone could expect something that was not promised.

• Options
    Zafireria wrote: »

As far as I can see they never said the word "promise" however they did say they would be in the game http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887721/speculation-toddlers-are-not-coming/p1
    First page, first post. Read it all as its about what has been said about toddlers before and after the game was released. I do not see the word "promise" I do still think it was rather rude to say one thing and then do another, but that's just me.

They said that all life stages would be added when they first announced the game, then they said no toddlers, specifically they stated no toddlers, did everyone just over look this statement?

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I have a better one for you. If gurus can say (recently) they aren't working on pets, then why can't they say this directly about toddlers? What is the difference here? I will tell you the difference. It's a game breaker and all those family players leave. So, it's the old carrot game, hold it out by not saying anything and maybe those customers buy something else. It's not this forum only that thinks they were implied to be in the game shortly just as pools and ghosts, but other fansites and sites that talk about interviews not just game content.

It's real simple if they can say no about pets, they can say no about toddlers...and you see they won't. Why is that? Money grab, if they do we all leave.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited May 2016
    Zafireria wrote: »

They said that all life stages would be added when they first announced the game, then they said no toddlers, specifically they stated no toddlers, did everyone just over look this statement?
    I don't as much think that they over looked it. I more think its a case of first they were told they would be in, then 2 month before the game release they were told they were suddenly not in the game. People feel cheated in a way.

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2016

Little bit hard when EA has conveniently took those TWO Live Twitch TV Q & A's and made them unavailable. It was live - they even went on to explain it was not hard to do - to add toddlers - but it was very time consuming and required a lot of the much needed animators time which they were apparently short of time with while trying to finish up the base for launch. Ryan Vaughn was there in at least one of those Q & A's.

EA is a Master at removing clips, segments of clips, and posts devs make - you know that as well as I do.

Also there were at least a couple MILLION people signed in for those two live "shows" - it was after the E3 2014,( where devs still said all the life stages would be in the game), after it was leaked that toddlers would not be in the game at launch - along with ghosts and other things - so they quickly had to go live with the fans I guess to calm down the masses...

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited May 2016
    Here is the quote 2 years ago- date unclear in article: http://thesims4blogger.com/post/62013845250/the-sims-4-simifieds-qa-with-simgurugrant

Simified: What are the Life Stages in The Sims 4? Are there any new ones?
    SimGuruGrant: The Sims 4 will have all of the same life stages as previous games, Baby, Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, and Elder. There are no new life stages coming at this time.

This ^^ is why some people expect it.

Then later- June25, 2014:http://www.gamezone.com/news/the-sims-4-won-t-have-pool-building-or-toddlers-at-launch
    Over on Twitter, fellow producer Graham Nardone clarified that Babies and Toddlers were not combined. "We know they're distinctly different and didn't want to shoehorn them in," he said.

Those two statements infer that toddlers will eventually be added.

BUT then later in July they said this:https://www.thesims.com/news/whats-out-and-whats-in

Which sounds like they chose to do other things and not include them so there is quite a bit of confusion as to what their plans are.

BUT then we have a sticky post asking fans what they want in toddlers which again seems like they are working on them. So, all of these things are why people believe they are working on them.

ON that same sticky thread we have this comment: Posted by SimGuruDrake
    Before I head off for the evening I wanted to come in and say that I am moving this to the general discussion area.

Please do not comment in here with "I don't want toddlers" or anything of the sort. This is an ideas thread for those players who do and what they would like to see from this life state and it should remain as such.

When asked about toddlers: There have also been comments like "we can't comment on future content". Some folks take this as toddlers will come in the future.

I don't know what to think. For me personally, toddlers are not a deal breaker. I enjoy the game as is but I would like to see their return because it seems weird without them.

Edited to add stuff in bold.
    Post edited by Glimmer50 on
  • Options

I never told anyone how to feel at all, I was trying to understand why people expect them. Read my first message I posted. I was trying to understand if I missed some promise somewhere where it was stated that toddlers were promised. If you want to expect something that was never promised by all means you can but there is a difference between expecting and wanting something. Expecting something is usually based on a promise or something stated, wanting is totally different. Expecting something never promised is just setting yourself up for some disappointment. My big point was where was it promised so I can understand why people expect it?

I am not trying to change anyone's perspective but don't understand how anyone could expect something that was not promised.

I think we're just talking in circles at this point. You keep making statements that indicate you feel people are setting themselves up for disappointment and that since it isn't what you would do, you don't get why others would and, unfortunately, the implication is that your way is the "correct" way somehow. I (and a few others) have tried to explain both that it doesn't matter what other people do or whether you understand it or not AND that people have multiple reasons for believing they're coming back (from the fact that they've been in 2 of the 3 previous main pc versions of the game to the fact that they won't outright say they aren't coming).

So, I don't understand why you feel the need to understand it. If people provide their personal reasons for expecting them and you simply argue that they don't have any "promise" to support it, what's the point? People may or may not be expecting them back based on a perceived promise. I personally don't see the comments the gurus have made about toddlers a promise but I do believe that the devs are very interested in what their fans want and that they'll do their best to provide what they can. Based on how important the life stage is to some people (minority or not, they are very passionate and vocal about it), it makes plenty of sense to me that they are working on figuring out how to get the little ankle-biters back in the game somehow.

I don't expect you to understand that and don't believe you need to understand it, but that's my perspective.
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    Also, Ea/maxis will never say if toddlers will never be in the game or not. They want to keep people guessing and keep people buying their games it's just common business strategy. So the fans that want toddlers will probably continue to expect them and speculate what they say or mean when they announce things on social media. They will continue to speculate all the update notes and all the interviews. So if you are tired of all the post, Sorry they are not leaving anytime soon.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    I guess some people think toddlers will happen because they have hope. They think we matter. That maybe EA cares for us simmers. Instead of just the money. Because at the beginning we were promised toddlers. Still theres a lot of people who dont think toddlers are coming in the sims 4. I used to think that toddlers might happen. But its been almost 2 years since the game has been out. In fact after the 1 year mark I lost hope. I want there to be toddlers more then anything. But between all the silence and all the time has gone by I dont believe toddlers are coming in the game at all. But then agian Im not a very hopeful person. Its upsetting because I feel like us simmers dont even matter. And it does feel like betrayal. I think it makes it worse them not telling. Yeah there will be a lot of people who are enraged if they say toddlers cant happen. But if they just told us we could deal with it and then eventually it will all die down. But instead they are just stringing us along because they dont want to face it. We probably wont hear the news that toddlers wont be in the sims 4 until they announce the sims 5 is being worked on if there will even be a sims 5. At least thats what Im thinking. I lost hope that toddlers are coming.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    I expect them because I find it hard to imagine a series without them, along with all the events that have happened over time that hint that they are being considered. I am done buying more content until it's proven that they are coming. The game is broken for me without them as I refuse to play TS4 families with the toddler stage missing and teens looking so old.

Generations or bust.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    kdluvshersimskdluvshersims Posts: 291 Member
    edited May 2016
    @SilentGirl490 : The did say so in the beginning. It may even have been SimguruGraham. I don't have the quote and please, if someone knows where to find it, please post it, again. All life-stages were to be in the game......

As most of the media involving this info has been erased from the web, I unfortunately can only find a single site with images and copies of early interviews. Most Sites currently involved with the Sims 4 are NOT going to bite the hands that "feed them" exclusives.

honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/post/90934806596/the-sims-4-pools-toddlers-what-happened

honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/post/62016689872/qa-grant-rodiek-summary

EA & Maxis call the shots on this. Good Luck in making anyone "fess-up" (not going to happen). All a consumer can do is talk with their money and realize that everyone has the right to want what they want. Tearing each other apart and calling each other names isn't going to solve anything.

As a sims lover this whole situation makes me sad.

Edit to add; Excellent find on the alternate sites & sources @Glimmer50
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 911 Member
    edited May 2016
    . . . I am not saying it isn't ok to have these threads, I just don't understand why people expect it when it was never promised. Wanting something and expecting are different things and I just had trouble understanding why people expect something that was not promised. Like I said I want toddlers but don't expect it.
    (Bolding mine to emphasize key points.)

So what I'm getting from this is that "understanding why [some] people expect something that was never promised" is somehow what you hope to get out of this or learn here. But I think that you're lacking some other bits of 'understanding' that are really standing in the way. To whit: Your use of the term/concept, "promised."

IMO, it's important to acknowledge that "promised" can be a very tricky concept. What, precisely, constitutes a "promise?" Do you have to say the words, "I promise?" Do you have to "give your word?" Do you have to "swear to it?" Does it require a handshake, a signature or a legal contract? The point is: Different people may have different criteria and views about what they consider a "promise."

I think that if you would come to understand that point, it would greatly facilitate your understanding of how some people feel they were promised toddlers in TS4, even if you yourself do not.

Understanding generally requires trying to examine and well, -understand- the other person's point-of-view. Something far too many people on these forums seem to totally skip over in favor of trying to 'debate' or 'refute' other people's points-of-view instead. IMO, of course.

TLDR: The key to actually 'understanding' is realizing that different people view things differently -- not always by your own precise definitions -- and then trying to examine the views held by others and see things through their eyes, even if you ultimately disagree with their definitions/way of seeing things.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    stapeliadstapeliad Posts: 117 Member
    There has been a tremendous amount of meaningless corporate-speak from EA.
    My personal opinion is that EA is not budgeting this game properly and it is not really on their priority agenda- marketing, updates, development, budget, and otherwise.

The Guru response to "help me understand why family play is important" said it all to me. It's not the Gurus' fault- it is their job to represent the company in a positive light and be on the front lines- but that whole response was just insane.

It is corporate-speak at its worst.