Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's good to see Sims 3 is still an active community!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    twinsister27twinsister27 Posts: 530 Member
    Surreal wrote: »
    Yes, it is sad that my sims don't multitask a bit more, but they aren't compelled to randomly do push ups and I don't need an EP to control a family either, so I guess it evens out. lol

I just realized my brother IRL is a Sims 4 Sim and my whole rest of my family [including me] isn't. He...well, he does push ups and stuff and showing mom a basketball play that happened in NBA 2K16 [or something] by reenacting it and....yeah he's a weird one. He's in middle school.
  • Options
    ProximProxim Posts: 189 Member
    Old? Well TS3 is still one of the latest PC games I play. I have its CDs next to games like Age of Empires II. or Transport Tycoon and I still play and enjoy these as well :-)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,934 Member
    About the Sims 4 pushups - a couple of weeks ago, as I was driving home I saw something going on on the footpath way up ahead. It is a very quiet footpath and only one person/object was on it.

The footpath goes up a fairly steep hill and I was going down the side of the previous hill so it was quite a long way off at this stage.

From the distance I thought it might have been a someone training for the Paralympics in a sporting wheel chair. But it wasn't moving.

As I got closer I reaslised it was actually someone doing pushups on the footpath.

I've never seen anyone actually doing that before and wondered if he played Sims 4.
  • Options
    dw4518dw4518 Posts: 263 Member
    I tried out Sims 4. even with lag I prefer sims 3. while i'm waiting i just multitask
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    I was being tongue-in-cheeky about the multitasking - I've noticed multitasking in TS3 - I know it's there! lol Considering all the problems that multitasking has created in TS4, I think I have to agree that it was done just fine in TS3. Everyone always complained that sims couldn't eat and drink at the same time - see what that has gotten you?!?! rofl

But I didn't want this to veer off into the familiar territory of TS4 bashing, enjoyable though it may be on occasion. This thread is to welcome @Mizbutts so.... didn't want to stray too far from that.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I just got to play earlier today and my town is into it's first winter and the've had a blizzard for the last few days.I had to get my sims into snow gear before they went out in it.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    roman2886roman2886 Posts: 702 Member
    Mizbutts wrote: »
    Sims 4? You mean multitasking and talking all day simulator 2015?

I'd like to thank all of you here for sticking to, or returning to Sims 3! Perhaps Sims 4 can be fixed at some point in the future, but for now we'll take an open world with 3685 things to do instead of being able to eat and listen to the radio at the same time.

What are ya'll doing with Sims 3 lately?

I'm currently working on a world you can find the post about over in the 'Create a World' subforum. I'm also getting started in the Pets subforum and might start getting into Rp there!

I'm very excited to finally have gotten onto this forum after a shaky registration process that took 2 days and almost contacting EA support to figure out!

I can't speak for Sims 4 since i never played the same i don't think i will even if i had enough money too buy the game i have heard it's not as good as Sims 4 since the toddlers and the pools have been removed for me it's good too see sims 3 still active there should be a petition too reopen the sims 3 forum along the sims 4 forum for me sims 3 is the best because there is no limitations like there is in sims 4 from what i have heard.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2016
    Playing with the sim in my avatar, she's a witch :p I'm also searching for nicer CC for TS3 to later put in my game. XD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    O yes the sims 3 is still up and kicking, just check out the what's going on in your game thread. There's so many stories there and I'm posting there myself. At first I was disappointed when my favorite let's players stopped playing sims 3 but at l least there's still sims 3 players on the forums.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    I love Sims 3 and still play it every week. I do play a bit of Sims 4 but I keep coming back to Sims 3.
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    @KayeStar

Don't worry about TS3 getting old. For some reason, I find games to be more enjoyable when they're older. It gives them a certain aura of respect that makes you blind to the marketing and business plans of EA.
  • Options
    sugarplumpeachsugarplumpeach Posts: 177 Member
    Mizbutts wrote: »
    Sims 4? You mean multitasking and talking all day simulator 2015?

I'd like to thank all of you here for sticking to, or returning to Sims 3! Perhaps Sims 4 can be fixed at some point in the future, but for now we'll take an open world with 3685 things to do instead of being able to eat and listen to the radio at the same time.

What are ya'll doing with Sims 3 lately?

I'm currently working on a world you can find the post about over in the 'Create a World' subforum. I'm also getting started in the Pets subforum and might start getting into Rp there!

I'm very excited to finally have gotten onto this forum after a shaky registration process that took 2 days and almost contacting EA support to figure out!

literally no one bought ts4 lol of course it's been thriving. with ts2 too
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    Currently playing the lepacy challenge.
    http://simpishly.tumblr.com/post/97854204836/a-lepacy-is-a-sims-3-legacy-style-challenge

I share screenshots on my simblr. Link in siggy. Here I am on my phone wishing I could be playing right now. :/
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    roman2886roman2886 Posts: 702 Member
    @KayeStar

Don't worry about TS3 getting old. For some reason, I find games to be more enjoyable when they're older. It gives them a certain aura of respect that makes you blind to the marketing and business plans of EA.

Sims 3 never gets old i like old video games i used too play sega games on the sega emulator Sims 3 isn't that old only 7 years old Sims 1 and Sims 2 are older.
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    I'm sticking with the game that has an open world, thank you very much. I love to explore new places - both in real life and in the game. Spying on the townies, searching for collectibles, sitting back and admiring the beautiful scenery… all fun ways to pass the time while my Sim is at work with his rabbit-hole job.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Yep Sims 3 is alive and well for me. I don't feel the need to switch anytime soon.
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I love the open world and build mode as I can build houses, built a few dream houses once and community lots, I test my lots with my sims and there's so much game play and actions, I'll never get bored playing Sims3.
  • Options
    noodlesandmenoodlesandme Posts: 188 Member
    I started with the Sims pretty near the end of TS1. I really got into TS2 especially when all the EP's started rolling in. It took awhile to embrace TS3, but within one year I loved it, and was totally absorbed once I found the community, CAW, and the roll out of Seasons.
    With TS4 I'm just not that into it. We're over one year into that game, and well.... Sims3 is still far more creative.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I love that I can get totally absorbed in 3, whether it's making my own worlds, trying out others creations, exploring all the EA worlds, ( I own them all ( except for the Supernatural), but never played them. Usually pull objects from the worlds to put into my own creation) and I love the fact that there are some older players like myself who've been doing this for a long time, and they still post.
  • Options
    CheekyMonkey2009CheekyMonkey2009 Posts: 1 New Member
    Okay, so I don't know where to post this.. I'm just looking for some help, really. I have the sims 3 downloaded (via disk) and I recently purchased late night off of origin. I have other expansion packs too and I've had to change performance settings and things to override my game because it constantly closes. Okay, so overriding it stops the crashing. However, I can't find the sims 3 late night expansion folder in my electronic arts folder to add that to the list of expansions that need to be in the override management, which means that I can't play the sims because it keeps crashing. I hope you guys understand
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Okay, so I don't know where to post this.. I'm just looking for some help, really. I have the sims 3 downloaded (via disk) and I recently purchased late night off of origin. I have other expansion packs too and I've had to change performance settings and things to override my game because it constantly closes. Okay, so overriding it stops the crashing. However, I can't find the sims 3 late night expansion folder in my electronic arts folder to add that to the list of expansions that need to be in the override management, which means that I can't play the sims because it keeps crashing. I hope you guys understand

Afraid I don't quite understand what you are needing to do there, but you seem to have things under control. An EP that is Origin installed should be under Program Files (x86)\Origin Games or, if you are on a 32-bit operating system, the same without the (x86). Not under Electronic Arts, that's where the disc installed games would be.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net