The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    Hello all

I've been lurking for sometime and I am finally going to have time to start this challenge in the next week or so. I am sure I'll have tons of questions. I can't wait to get started :smiley:

I really excited for the GT too!
  • Options
    WeathieWeathie Posts: 486 Member
    Hello all

I've been lurking for sometime and I am finally going to have time to start this challenge in the next week or so. I am sure I'll have tons of questions. I can't wait to get started :smiley:

I really excited for the GT too!

Yay! I hope you'll share some of your adventures with us all:)
    untitled-1.png

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Welcome to the challenge. I look forward to seeing pics of your time lord and Tardis. Are you a Doctor Who fan?
  • Options
    @Weathie I sure will!
    @Dannydanbo Yes, I am! I not seen every episode but my son and I have been catching up with dvds.
  • Options
    @Dannydanbo I am assuming we can use the bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement cheat to unlock the science career reward objects to build our Tardis. ;)
  • Options
    Here is my first doctor:
    firstc10.jpg
    Download
    Meet First Collector. He is my first Doctor in my Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge attempt.
  • Options
    @Dannydanbo I am assuming we can use the bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement cheat to unlock the science career reward objects to build our Tardis. ;)

I did. I don't play the challenge exactly by the rules but I think I keep to the spirit of it.
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Here is my first doctor:
    firstc10.jpg
    Download
    Meet First Collector. He is my first Doctor in my Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge attempt.

Sweet! Welcome @BUTTONSGINGER, and The Collector is looking good.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited November 2015
    Welcome @BUTTONSGINGER! Hope you're having tons of fun with this challenge, I know I am! :) I like your First Collector, especially since I have a weakness for redheads. My Second Artist was a redhead too! I'm up to my Third Artist now. She has the Angling Ace aspiration with Loves Outdoors, Cheerful and Hates Children for traits. She's already completed her aspiration in only 5 days! o.O Now she has 15 days to work on other skills or just chill out and explore.

First Artist had a boyfriend that I had thought might move in and be her companion, but she ended up being too busy working on completing the Curator aspiration to pursue him in that way. By the time Second Artist met him again, his name is Camilo Boyer by the way, he'd aged into an elder. I had the two get reacquainted and they ended up getting intimate.

Well, unfortunately, this resulted in my first death in the Sims 4, by overexertion. I foolishly let them woo hoo twice and his poor heart couldn't handle it. What made it even worse is she was sleeping when Grim came to reap him and I couldn't wake her up to plead for his life. :( His urn now sits in a place of honor by the pool in her TARDIS.

I've only had a glimpse of his ghost once so far and Third was busy at the time. I'm hoping he appears again soon so she can ask him to join the family. It'll be great to have him around for not only a loving companion but he's also a Level 10 painter. He's already painted portraits of First & Second Artist and I hope to have him paint one for every regeneration.

I've been following the rules to the letter until I remodeled the TARDIS for Third. I play on a toaster of a laptop and with such a large underground home with many, many luxuries, plus having all those collectibles on the lot or in The Artist's inventory was making my game lag and glitch out periodically. So in the interest of saving my computer from an early demise, I had to delete all her collectibles and pare down the TARDIS.

I figured since the game keeps track for us anyway and she has her plaques for completed collections, that would be okay to do. I'm disappointed since I wanted to do this strictly by the rules, but sometimes we have to compromise eh? Hopefully Santa will bring me a better computer and I won't have this problem anymore. :)

Anyway, here's a pic of my Third Artist. I haven't put her or Second on the Gallery for download or remodeled versions of their TARDIS though. I might do that at some point. If I remember. lol I play offline most of the time. Happy Simming Y'all! <3

1nzcVI4.png

EDIT: By the way, if you haven't guessed already, her theme is purple. :) Also warm welcomes to @Cinebar and @Aine too! Can't wait to see your Time Lords & their TARDIS'!
  • Options
    @Karababy52 Third Artist is beautiful! I am sure Camilo was very happy just before Grim came to retrieve him! I killed a sim that way too. Those elders are so delicate! I've moved the BFF's(Travis Scott, Liberty Lee, Summer Holiday) in with First Collector. I am not sure if he will find romance or not.....time will tell! My Tardis is huge already! This is really a lot of fun!
  • Options
    nastyjman wrote:
    Build your TARDIS underground. The TARDIS will be your home, and it should contain all rooms, necessities and luxuries. You can only have one access point to your TARDIS, meaning you can only have one doorway leading underground--just like a bunker.

You cannot have any homes or buildings on the surface except for the access point to the TARDIS. However, you are allowed to have objects on the surface (trees, plants, fountains, benches, pond, rocketship, etc), or you can place them underground by using the cheat bb.moveobjects on.

@nastyjman Are we allowed to have an underground Rocket Silo? It would have an open area for the rocket to go into space but would not "technically" be a doorway leading underground.

Building a Rocket Silo underground by @EuphorialQueen
  • Options
    nastyjman wrote:
    Build your TARDIS underground. The TARDIS will be your home, and it should contain all rooms, necessities and luxuries. You can only have one access point to your TARDIS, meaning you can only have one doorway leading underground--just like a bunker.

You cannot have any homes or buildings on the surface except for the access point to the TARDIS. However, you are allowed to have objects on the surface (trees, plants, fountains, benches, pond, rocketship, etc), or you can place them underground by using the cheat bb.moveobjects on.

@nastyjman Are we allowed to have an underground Rocket Silo? It would have an open area for the rocket to go into space but would not "technically" be a doorway leading underground.

Building a Rocket Silo underground by @EuphorialQueen

Yes, that should be okay.

Funny thing for me is that I have a rocket ship underground, but no silo. It literally goes up into dark space :D I pretended that it's an exploration pod that shoots out of the TARDIS. It's not canon, but it's a little thing that my TARDIS does.
  • Options
    nastyjman wrote: »

Funny thing for me is that I have a rocket ship underground, but no silo. It literally goes up into dark space :D I pretended that it's an exploration pod that shoots out of the TARDIS. It's not canon, but it's a little thing that my TARDIS does.

That's cool! I didn't know it would work without an opening in the ground. ;)

• Options

That's cool! I didn't know it would work without an opening in the ground. ;)

It works best if you place it in the 2nd floor basement. If you place it in the 1st floor basement, you'll see the nose of the rocket clip above ground, which is what I have in my lot.
  • Options
    That's similar to how put windows in basements. I add a "room" (1x2) outside of my basement, remove the ceiling, add a window on the common wall and add wall siding (usually brick or block) and the sunlight looks cool on the basement floor.
  • Options
    @nastyjman I made my silo with a two level basement also. :+1:

@Dannydanbo Oooooo...thank you for that tip! It will be nice to have some sunshine in the Tardis B)

I've started with the Curator Aspiration. Only took a few sim days to get everything done except the complete a collection objective....now I am beginning to wonder if I'm going to finish it in time :p
  • Options
    nastyjman wrote:
    The only time you can purchase and consume a youth potion is when you have three to zero days remaining as an Adult. There will be a notification for your birthday to remind you so don't forget!

@nastyjman So.......can we wait until zero days to "regenerate" our Doctor? I hope so .....I am still trying to finish my aspiration.....jez....you'd think I'd never played this game before :p
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    If there was a Dalek available that would be mine. THis is AMAZING.

(Doctor Dalek wouldn't work though ;-;)
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    nastyjman wrote:
    The only time you can purchase and consume a youth potion is when you have three to zero days remaining as an Adult. There will be a notification for your birthday to remind you so don't forget!

@nastyjman So.......can we wait until zero days to "regenerate" our Doctor? I hope so .....I am still trying to finish my aspiration.....jez....you'd think I'd never played this game before :p

Absolutely! But be careful that they don't age up to Elder. When they age to Elder and then turn them back to Adult, you will lose the reward traits you have earned from the rewards store.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Absolutely! But be careful that they don't age up to Elder. When they age to Elder and then turn them back to Adult, you will lose the reward traits you have earned from the rewards store.
    Thank you! I will be careful. I am one element short or a couple post cards.....here'd hoping the mailman brings either in the next sim day or two. :|
    Post edited by BUTTONSGINGER on
  • Options
    thefairosethefairose Posts: 67 Member
    Hi, Found this challenge today, I am busy settling my town with berry sims because that's just the planet my time lady is going to spend time on for a bit. @Justawhoviansimmer I know of a daydreaming mod if your interested?
    Any hows my Time Lady's name is the Traveller, The First traits are Romantic, Non-Commital, and Hot head
    I'll be back with screenshots

• Options
    @thefairose I am looking forward to seeing your screenshots.

I've just updated First Collector's adventure...he has regenerated and failed completing his Curator aspiration. Boooo! First Collector's final entry is here.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    This may have been asked, as I don't have time (get it? time? eh? nvm) at the moment to go through all 47 pages of the thread, but is it only Adult or will Young Adult work too?
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    This may have been asked, as I don't have time (get it? time? eh? nvm) at the moment to go through all 47 pages of the thread, but is it only Adult or will Young Adult work too?

You can do Young Adult if you like. I suggested Adult because you can make them look like an Elder better.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top