The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calling All Models! - Modeling Community Has Moved

Comments

• Options
    PeaceSign101PeaceSign101 Posts: 1,413 Member
    I've seen that a lot of TS4 members aren't on board for making the switch.
    I think this can be a major problem because if 3 switches and 4 doesn't, 4 will lose a massive amount of people.
    Not to mention the few 4 members that have agreed to make the switch won't get a lot of traffic in the new forum.

I have to agree with Maggie here. Almost no TS4 person wants to move. It's only like, 5 of us? So I guess that means that maybe you guys shouldn't really waste your time making a TS4 section on there.
    Aw I still think TS4 should be included. Maybe not sections, but with the prefix idea at least. Even if they don't join us now, they might later on and we don't want to completely alienate any potential members.

I do hope they join and contribute in some way at least. They don't have to fully commit, but it's always nice to have a site like this.
    Vanadis wrote: »
    As for the TS4 section, I'd personally probably use it. I play 2, 3, and 4, all regularly. I don't model with TS2 or TS4 because I'm a horrible person but I play them and like to show them off!

As for building it may be fine not to have a section for that but I personally love building, however there is LivingSims.net that has building and interior decorating covered, so I'm fine with whatever everyone else decides building-wise.

Well that's good that you guys have hope in the TS4 players :) I feel like we're so inferior compared to you guys, didn't really know if it was worth it or not.
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    Oh please TS4 players are definitely not inferior. You're simmers just like the rest of us. You're definitely worth it. :)
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Okay, sorry for the long awaited update! (also, I am really sorry if the bold hurts anyone's eyes. ;-;)
    I have tallied all format and name suggestions (added the new ones too), and so far it looks like everyone is up for the current sections, and it seems like Simmetry is winning. Of course, none of this is final yet, just updating everyone. xD Also, I did add a new section for those interested in it. I'm looking for some more sections though? I know we're forgetting something that can be seen as it's own category, but I can't put my finger on it. (And don't forget that some of these can be split further into each other as sub-categories, like the modeling section will have it's own sections besides the actual modeling section, like tutorials and showcase section for our edits, so don't worry about those right now.).

For suggested forum requirements, I added a new one, which is mobile compatibility. Maggie brought that to my attention since she and others use the phone while their away. If anyone knows which ones are the best for that, let me know please. :3

Still working out on how to fix the theme section. o-o;;

As for colors, I don't want anything bright or too contrasting to avoid hurting everyone's eyes, but I don't want depressing colors either. xD As for "gender neutral", I am not really concerned about that. Pink was actually a guys color until recent history, and I don't want us to focus on what is gender this or that. They're just colors. :3 (I don't think the men interested in modeling care about the labeling either, as they already do modeling. xD That's just my thought though, since they don't seem concerned about the modeling part.) Regardless, I am thinking more of a blue palette rather than the greys, let me find a few examples that some of you posted....

This one is one (had to cut from Maggi's posted image), but I feel like M is too dark for you guys, so wouldn't use it as a main color, if at all. :O
    Coloridea.png~original

Or this one, which is more calmer. I absolutely love this one. The first color seems too bright though? We don't have to use all of the colors shown though, and that goes for all suggestions. xD
    ColorHorizon_2.png

I also like Vid's other suggestions, such as this one (it has a hint of purple and I like that =D)
    ColorDew3.png

@ColorMePink Sorry! I guess I did miss it. xD Maggie made a quickie banner for that name, so I'm just waiting for her permission before I post it so you guys can see it.

@Vanadis I thought I understood, but I'm looking at a blue instead of a purple. :sweat_smile: Which one are we looking at? I counted 5 down and got the blue in the middle. Or do you mean the purple one instead of the middle one, after the weird pink (I think that's rose, but I can't understand why it's called that, so it shall be dubbed "pink clay" :joy:).

@Meeshelby No problem. xD I've seen that too, just glad you agree though!
    I think changing for the holidays would be good too, but I think that's a project to work on later since we're still trying to get this sorted. xD I would hope to do it in the future though.

@MaggiSimmer So much purple! xD
    To answer your question, I'm not sure, but I'm hoping to get it up before next year, so hopefully around December or late November.
    @PeaceSign101 Whenever you can is fine. :3 Everyone is liking the idea of prefixes so far, so there wouldn't be a dedicated modeling section for them if that idea goes through. And you guys are not inferior! All of you are still new and have a ways to go, but it doesn't mean you're inferior. And as Vid said, we don't want to alienate potential members.

As for Sims 4 not leaving, they most likely will in the future. The main reason most of them aren't leaving now is because of Zita, because if Zita left they would follow. She's the "main" comp holder in S4, like Beech for S3, so if she doesn't budge they won't either. And S4 isn't losing a lot of people (made a list below), and everyone who agreed to switch would most likely still be visiting, like me as I still need to keep an eye on things and update my threads. As for comps, I have a thread already in the works (and has been before this forum idea) that lists all current and future comps (and the past ones we can get our hands on) for people to refer to. Everyone can keep track of all new comps, including those on our forum, so if they are interested in joining a specific comp they can make an account to participate. Or you can make a thread over here and just update it if they do join, like Beech and others have done in the past. That can be too much work for hosts though, and we don't want too much bouncing to happen (which is going back and forth between the threads/forums). The only thing we can do is just encourage them to come visit whenever a new thread is up. Finally, all of my threads will be listing and talking about the forum as well (mainly for new people to see), and we still haven't turned to social media yet, so the amount of people we are getting for all the games is still in the air.
    As for Sims 4 members that are moving:
    Eli and I, Erin, Joe, Meeshelby, Cookie, Maggi, esharpmajor, Spookshow, Leslie, ironknight, and Lia. A few of you are probably still going to visit, Eli is going on break, and I will still be here working. :O So not a major change in the end.

@Rinxes So far a mass change! Happy to see you on board. ^-^ <3

@GreenLover331 Hahaha! Thanks for chiming in. xD I was on the fence about the name, as it didn't really sound like it was modeling related and might confuse people, but I'm glad you posted that. We can have an about page explaining what we are, and that can be our opener and explain our reasoning. :mrgreen: We still have to vote later though, but I think it's going to win at this rate. xD
  • Options
    @MizoreYukii I guess you guys are right :) Sometimes I just feel like we are, hope nobody took it personally.
    By the way, never mind about Wordpress I was looking over it and maybe we shouldn't use it.

Oh and what if we had a magazine section :O I know it doesn't seem typical for a forums, but I just figured that since it will be dedicated to mostly modeling, to me if feels like having an oven in the kitchen. It's just right. lol, but sometimes my ideas are ambitious, maybe it won't work.
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    IncomingVirusIncomingVirus Posts: 2,831 Member
    I spoke to Chelle (the other one lol ) and she is on board. She is just a bit busy at the moment but will visit the forum again soon and have a look at this thread. Said if there is anything we need help with that we must let her know.

She also could not believe what happened to Maggie.

@MizoreYukii I really like the blue colour scheme from the beach picture. So I informality vote for that and Symmetry as well.
    35a41sn.gif
  • Options
    MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    Voting for the blue beach colors too!
  • Options
    I like the beach colors too even though you know I love pink. ;)

I will make everyone love Simmetry. Even you Mizzie.

SYMMETRY-balanced proportions; also : beauty of form arising from balanced proportions

Simmerty for president! :yum::D
  • Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    @Mizzie this one

tumblr_inline_np0im4FuqJ1rn6kaz_500.png

The middle one. It's a purplish one.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    SassyDanaSassyDana Posts: 2,375 Member
    I love the Simmetry forum title idea! I also like the blue/beach color scheme as well! It's a very calming yet chic color scheme. :)
    110zzsw.gif
  • Options
    IncomingVirusIncomingVirus Posts: 2,831 Member
    What about an Ideas, Tips and Feedback section?

I know this might get out of hand if someone gives and idea and it is not implemented (like I might now if you don't include this. lol :p;) ) but it might allow for some interesting ideas and stuff that would have maybe never been thought of?

I'm not good with words so it might not make sense. haha
    35a41sn.gif
  • Options
    LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    I agree with the name Simmetry, it's catchy.
    And I like this colour palette:

ColorDew3.png[/b]

And I've just been talking to Bob who is on board as well! Yay!

I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
    <3
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    Just to be clear (I'm not on the list yet): I'm on board too.
  • Options
    Sorry for my absence everyone. v.v Had a busy week at school, and then our neighbor and friend passed away yesterday. It's just been a crazy week.

I'm working on researching now and will be back to start sorting through the lists so we can get polls up eventually. I have finals coming up after this week and I have a lot to do before school ends, so I'll most likely still be quiet but will be replying when needed every few days, so feel free to keep posting or asking questions, etc.
  • Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    It's okay Mizzie! I'm up for whatever.

I really want:

Games/life section (aka, Off Topic)
    Building section
    Stories and Legacies

Just because the off topic section gives people room to vent about whatever. I know I need to vent sometimes.

Building is a thing I'd love, but again, Living Sims Forums takes care of that, so... GO SEE THEM EVEN IF YOU DON'T BUILD. They're amazing!

Stories and Legacies because why the heck not?
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    NatariaNataria Posts: 587 Member
    I'm only starting to get onboard with sim modelling just now, but if all the modellers are going to move, I'd like to folllow.. even if it just to lurk..
    Origin name: Beatrix85
  • Options
    @Nataria Glad to have you on board!
    @Vanadis I'm pretty sure I got your vote on those already, but thank you. xD

I'm finally back and on break (after one more test), so now I can focus on getting the voting up, etc. I have a lot to do for the sims but I'm hoping to get majority done this break, including at least starting the forum. xD Hopefully everyone had a great Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it)!
  • Options
    MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    Yay, welcome back @MizoreYukii !!
  • Options
    @MizoreYukii Welcome back! :D
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2015
    In words of SpongeBob, "I'm ready! I'm ready!" Whenever you're not busy that is Mizzie. I'm still pumped about this tho. :#
  • Options
    xcheekyangelxxcheekyangelx Posts: 289 Member
    edited December 2015
    As a newbie to the modelling threads the idea to move over the threads elsewhere appeals to me, especially after the unfair incidents occurring which were completely uncalled for :(
    I'll be happy to lurk around on this thread and follow you guys to your new location when you have it up and running.

Also as I'm new to this part of the community I have to say I stumbled on to your thread quite quickly so I wouldn't worry about new simmers wanting to join but getting left behind, I'm sure they'll come across this thread and read up :) you guys have done a pretty good job of spreading the word around :)
    I'll be more then happy to help out if you need a hand in anything, I'll do my best to help out! I also know the basics in html if that helps haha

Edit: I decided to get some sleep at 6am aha, I only got up to page 4 of the thread but now I'm all caught up, I thought I'd weigh in some of the ideas that have been thrown out there. (Super sorry if I don't remember who exactly suggest what idea, it was an awful lot to read lol)

I believe this was @PeaceSign101 's idea for a magazine, which I absolutely love the idea of! I think it would definitely make sense as the main intention for the new forum is to do with modelling.
    - You could showcase some upcoming modelling competitions (perhaps help out some of the newer hosts who would love to host a competition but they're not getting enough views?)
    - Spotlight section on some the models? So interviewing a model that's just won a popular competition? I know we are the creators of the models but we could give the interview from our model's perspective go into her/his character, so basically answer the questions as if that sim was real?
    - Look book? This would be quite a good collaboration piece as we could showcase some of our new cc finds and before we go ahead with creating it, everyone participating could first of all list the cc they're going to use (which would avoid people using the same cc twice) I know TSR is pretty good for cc but I rarely ever go on that and manage to find a majority of mine through tumblr and I know some of those creators aren't all on TSR
    - I think someone previously mentioned a monthly/seasonal competition for the forum banner? You could include that in the magazine too?

I'm loving the name simmetry & simphony! I do like the theme ideas from both Vid & Maggie with the runway, cameras, lighting and the icons that Vid suggested. The enCHANTED theme's heading is pretty good, I think it's the font style with the white polka dots in the font which make it look like spotlights, that would probably suit the new forum quite well?
    The prefixes idea sounds good with the new modelling section for the formatting.
    I saw some comments about how there might not be as many ts4 simmers joining but I'm sure they'll get behind this idea as the community is growing, from some of the simblrs I'm following which are mainly all ts4, I can see them taking an interest with this forum as they're already posting stuff showcasing new sims or sim photography.

I'm definitely on board with the idea of moving over to new location, this all sounds pretty exciting! I'm all for helping you guys out to make this happen. I love how everyone has come together on this thread! You guys are probably thinking who is this girl? Popping out of nowhere with her essay like post xD aha
    Post edited by xcheekyangelx on
  • Options
    bjorn979bjorn979 Posts: 593 Member
    ?????
    33ba886a-039e-4500-8fa0-a9e7635368d4.png
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    Hi guys, any movement on this? Still interested, pm me if u need any help!
  • Options
    xcheekyangelxxcheekyangelx Posts: 289 Member
    I feel the same as @esharpmajor :)
    Hopefully there will be more movement in this as the busy holiday season is over and everyone is settling into the new year :)
  • Options
    I think MizoreYukii has been busy and may not be feeling well. If it comes to it, I am willing to take this over with her blessings. Hopefully it doesn't come to that tho, because I really feel more comfortable with her doing it. Hopefully she's ok and she finds the time to get back to this. :(
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    Aw sorry to hear that, all the best to Mizore! I'm not in a rush or getting antsy or anything just didn't wanna be left out of the loop if progress was being made on the subject in another thread, or in pms or something. :D