Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which look do you prefer at your sims?

Comments

• Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I have pics at home that I took last night, but I know that I have a rather specific way of making female sims. More often than not, they will have:

- A strong nose
    - Olive to dark skin
    - Small/proportional eyes
    - Full, plump lips

I think my male sims tend to follow the same guidelines. Even right down to the lips. And born-in-game sims that I like the most fit into at least one of those categories.

Anyways, I guess to see what I tend to do, I made three female sims from scratch last night. Not really trying for anything:

cvRKYdK.png

h5zqhpF.png

HROFu9v.png

Multiple screenshots so you can get a better idea of how I dress my sims too. I like patterns.

But what about sims I created before thinking of showing people what I like to make in sims? Here are three from my bin:

EYFPKhM.png

lPjO0nf.png

And to top it off, here are two born in-game sims who caught my fancy when they appeared. The one on the right has the strong nose I like, and the one on the left has small/proportional eyes:

jcxlPDR.png
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    Okay, I like them.

(Except the blondie on the end, her eyes are too big)
  • Options
    Painterly27Painterly27 Posts: 177 Member
    I don't use any CC on my sims except for store items, but I can still make them look their part - narrow faces, soft or wide eyes, and the men are usually very buff, women slight with endowments. Sometimes I make a fat sim with glasses, or ones that have only one colour palette (a totally grey, black and white family). It really depends on what I feel like - I create them for myself.

I have a tendancy to play historical themed families and it's really hard to get the "feeling" right - moreso than the sims themselves. So for one of my current families, which is set in a Victorian sanitorium, I've combed through a ton of vanilla clothing and recoloured them, made sure the hair is suitable, the furniture and decor just right ... it's difficult to match a sim with a time and place. So whatever I think can work with a Victorian sanitorium, usually satisfies me. :)

20757562078_4c4c5443e3_z.jpg

20590591456_a2b2abaa6a_z.jpg

19995967103_6cc834d77f_z.jpg

This is an 18th century Rococco couple, long gone, but I was meticulous with them. I used the Versailles store set.

20935763232_fb542f1b24_z.jpg

20758756279_f24d053253_z.jpg

20952915121_29f58d746f_z.jpg
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member

20758756279_f24d053253_z.jpg

As soon as I saw this picture it reminded me of the movie Amadeus, which I loved.
    He has a terrific expression! :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited August 2015
    I always like high cheekbones and expressive eyes. This is my current sim. Apparently I don't have any pics yet of the rest of her clan.
    Screenshot-2_zpsswx3vpug.jpg
    Screenshot_zpspwvsukmq.jpg
    Also, like Pr0x1ma I tend to favor strong, squared jaws on females, but my males tend to have softer features.

Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    I don't really care about "pretty" or not. What I want is! Not normal Sims. I love occults and the rainbow or colored skin tone sliders. I love colored eyes... Pink yellow, things like that and hair color. Urgh! I can't stand Brown and black hair or eyes, it's soooo boring. That aside don't care about much else. I'm trying to get into the clothes thing... But I'm not into it in rl either so.
  • Options
    CMxCatCMxCat Posts: 22 Member
    I usually like really round faces but try to steer away from that at the moment to avoid all my sims looking the same. I definitely like big model like eyebrows on my sims, and clear skin. I usually choose quite a flat, round nose. I wish I could steer away from the things I typically like to make every sim look different, so recently I've been giving my sims lots of freckles, square faces and big noses!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2015
    That Rococo couple is absolutely great!
    I think a lot comes down to personal preference. I'm not very fond of the pudding face look myself, but they do have a really sweet, friendly look. I can understand why someone would prefer that in their game. And I prefer them to the default sims I get in my Sims 4 game.

I loved playing those characters:

612086_orig.png

1379460916.jpg

1385056439.jpg

2190895_orig.png

I'm really attached to them (even when I played them years ago sometimes), also because of their backgroundstory's I must add).
    But although I'm content about the way I created her, I'd never want to play her. She just isn't my kind of sim:

246183_orig.png

Playing them and feel a connection is more important to me than whether they are pretty or not.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @JoAnne65 , do you always quote a post where you included Silas and Elijah to copy the links?

And it's possible to make sweet faces that aren't pudding.

uv5yfib.jpg
    Alice Pistache.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 , do you always quote a post where you included Silas and Elijah to copy the links?
    I... am afraid I don't follow you ;) What do you mean? (I didn't quote nor link)

edit: I didn't mean a face has to be pudding to be sweet, I meant puddingfaces look plain but also friendly to me. And I can understand why people would like them because of that.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I... am afraid I don't follow you ;) What do you mean? (I didn't quote nor link)

edit: I didn't mean a face has to be pudding to be sweet, I meant puddingfaces look plain but also friendly to me. And I can understand why people would like them because of that.

-_- In topics like this, you always post certain photo's. Mostly of Silas and Elijah. You post them more. So, do you just always quote another post like this, copy it, and paste it here?

But why should you want ugly puddingfaces if you can have the same effect of kind-of character that isn't pudding. That's what I mean.
    Post edited by GITTE2001 on
  • Options

-_- In topics like this, you always post certain photo's. Mostly of Silas and Elijah. You post them more. So, do you just always quote another post like this, copy it, and paste it here?

But why shoudl you want ugly puddingfaces if you can have the same effect of kind-of character that isn't pudding. That's what I mean.
    1. They're my favourites.
    2. I'm lazy and see no point in looking for all kind of different pictures of the same guys. I just wanted to show some sims of mine I like; isn't that what this topic is about?
    3. I post them by going to their own website, right click, copy the URL and paste it into attach image/file.
    4. I don't agree puddingfaces are ugly, they just look a bit plain and identical. And friendly :#
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

But why shoudl you want ugly puddingfaces if you can have the same effect of kind-of character that isn't pudding. That's what I mean.
    1. They're my favourites.
    2. I'm lazy and see no point in looking for all kind of different pictures of the same guys. I just wanted to show some sims of mine I like; isn't that what this topic is about?
    3. I post them by going to their own website, right click, copy the URL and paste it into attach image/file.
    4. I don't agree puddingfaces are ugly, they just look a bit plain and identical. And friendly :#

It was meant as a joke. :/

• Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited September 2015
    I like to have sims have really angular features (although for female sims half of the time they have round-ish faces), high cheekbones, well-defined jaws (especially male sims), smaller realistically sized eyes, big noses and/or distinctive looking noses. I've noticed that while I used to make a lot of pale sims, over the past two or three years most of my sims have been medium or dark skinned. I do usually make them be very thin (I guess since I am), but I'm trying to tone down on that, especially for the sims in the world that I'm working on. Hopefully the sims in the world I'm building will have a wide variety of body types. I also tend to make them look attractive to me, which I think I also need to tone down a bit (ugly/plain sims are okay and not everyone in real life is good-looking). I have a tendency to dress them in a lot of red, black, and grey.

The sims in my avatar is a sim that I made, but he's making a funny facial expression in it, so he's not the best example (plus it's a blown up picture so it's a bit blurry).
    Post edited by DrewRowland on
  • Options
    Painterly27Painterly27 Posts: 177 Member
    edited September 2015
    Thanks for the comments on my Roccoco couple - they're from waaaay back. I might revive them sometime. :)

Everyone's got such unique sims! I must say that they're all very attractive.
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Prox1ma, she is stunning! Is she on your simpage? 'hint, hint'.

OP, you are great at making all of your sims so striking! Faces, clothes, everything! Good work!

That reminds me. Since starting to play again after a long hiatus, I seem to remember that I could change the pre-made sims body type. I tried the mirror (hair, make-up) and the dresser ( different outfits). Did I just dream this about the body changes?
  • Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited September 2015
    Okblondee7 wrote: »

OP, you are great at making all of your sims so striking! Faces, clothes, everything! Good work!

That reminds me. Since starting to play again after a long hiatus, I seem to remember that I could change the pre-made sims body type. I tried the mirror (hair, make-up) and the dresser ( different outfits). Did I just dream this about the body changes?

If you use testingcheatsenabled true and shift click them, then click "edit in CAS" you can. Then there is also plastic surgery.
    Post edited by DrewRowland on
  • Options
    Get out of town! Really!? Throws an 'awesome' to DrewRoland.

Everyone should take a 4-5 year break; everything is all new and improved! B)
  • Options
    rosenero10rosenero10 Posts: 536 Member
    I think the TS3 game lends itself very well to allowing so much variety. Not just in game options, but also introducing Custom Content and also improving graphics quality.

I create Sims and Lots more than I actually play the game. So part of what I do is always centered around finding better and better styles and improving my eye for detail.

This first image is the very first Sim I ever created and made available on my own website in May 2014
    JENAIA+ORTEGA+004.jpg

This second image is very latest Sim created in September 2014
    Screenshot-21.jpg

I think we all improve over time and look to make better and better Sims as we refine the things we like.

This last image is the look and style of what I love most of all about this game. The Sim is my second last creation.
    Screenshot-4.jpg

Clean makeup style and natural skins is my preference.
  • Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    Okblondee7 wrote: »

Thank you! She's not at the moment, but I'll definitely add her the next time I open my game.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    Looking forward to it, thank you!
  • Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    @Okblondee7

I had to upload her here
    mediafire.com/download/2wnlnke8w2vib20/Adrianne+Hightower.Sims3Pack

Just a quick fyi- I do have CC that she was made with, so she may not look exactly like she does in my game. But you are more than welcome to tweak her anyway you wish!
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    I prefer the super-realistic look for my Sims 3 sims, but even though I have custom skins and makeup, they just don't look really good like other people's sims that use cc. I don't know why! I'm running the game for maximum graphics quality, too. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong. My children and toddlers, especially, look... bad. :(
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options