Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    zombii3zombii3 Posts: 388 Member
    I'd love to start doing this challenge again, had tons of fun doing it in the sims 3. I do have a mod that lets me try for a baby in a full house, as soon as I get it working perfectly I will start the challenge. Had a few instances where I went to edit their looks and lost half the family (I did a test family)..so once I figure out how I'm going to edit sims after I reach the 8 sim limit, I'll start the challenge for sure. (:
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Ugh i wish the fertility trait would work for me, like, ever. I always have hopes with how large she gets and then bam, one baby. Deeply jealous of all the people getting multiples.
  • Options
    RhyanieRhyanie Posts: 87 Member
    here it is!! My first sims video. It's quite long, I didn't realize how much I recorded today. I'll get better at cropping videos one day. I do mention this but I am sick so I definitely sound off from my normal self.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG76Pq71CWQ
    OriginID RachieBee22
    View my baby challenge blog here. 100babychallengets4.blogspot.com/
    View my YouTube channel here.
    Rachie Bee's YouTube/
    View my baby challenge spread sheet here.
    Baby Challenge Data
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Hello everyone! I have been doing this challenge for a little while now. My matriarch is working getting pregnant with baby number 16. My 1st and 2nd babies were male and have gotten married and moved in with their wives families. One of them is married to Cassandra Goth, 1st born, the other is married to a random sim who had 2 kids from a previous relationship. One of them was young adult, the other was a teen. They both got their wives pregnant on their honeymoon and both had twins. Which fulfilled my matriarch's life time aspiration of big happy family. I selected friend of the world for her next aspiration, and she is working on getting level 10 charisma to complete it. We have lived on the same lot since day one, Bargain Bend. As my matriarch earned simoleans, I have expanded the house that I built, to accommodate the expanding family. Most of the regular townies have all passed away except JJ Huntington III, which he was the 1st baby daddy. Most of the other baby daddies are all passed away, but for the most recent ones. I did managed to have babies with Mortimer, the Lewis guy (his first name is escaping me), and Malcolm. I think Don is still wandering around, but I haven't been able to hook up with him yet.

As her children age up to young adult, I have been moving them out by twos (after the first 2 got married) so they have a sibling to live with. After I have them moved out, I have been saving them to my gallery, so if I decide in the future I want to play them individually, I still can. One thing I have noticed is that when I am not playing them, they continue to age up, but not in any particular order. For instance, of the 1st and 2nd born, the 2nd born is now an adult, whereas, the 1st born is still a young adult. That has happened to a few of the other siblings as well.

As for keeping my babies organized and knowing who the baby daddy is, I started off using my painting skill and doing a paint from reference while the daddy was sitting on her couch (or an attempt at that anyway). I have since stopped doing that after baby daddy #8. I also take selfies with them with the 2nd best camera so the picture is medium size. I have them on the "nursery" wall named with the baby daddy number, their name and the babies name, once I know what it is. I let the game randomize the baby's name by keeping the first one rolled by the die. Now that I think about it, I probably should have given them their father's last name. I also keep a notepad next to my computer with the daddy's names/number and their traits so I can get the baby's random traits as well.

Another sort of glitch I have encountered is when I have moved out my young adult children, I have lost my collection statuses. Which is a big bummer. I was really close to having the My Sims collection done. I think I can get it again by adding them back to my inventory since I have them on display in my office. Most of the other collections were sold as we got them. I also have the mailbox glitch. If I travel off the home lot, and have sent any crystals or metals off in the mail, or asked for any post cards, they don't get delivered back to me, and are lost forever.

One thing I have found really strange is the doctors and nurses at the hospital have died, but still come into the hospital and even one time, the ghost doctor delivered one of the babies.

A question I have about the challenge is, can my matriarch own a business, if I have her (and the kids) live on the business lot?
  • Options
    klaipiniklaipini Posts: 88 Member
    edited June 2015
    @Fizzstix It looks like your challenge is going very well. You can own a buisness without them living on the buisness lot. If you want them to live there then I think that you can but I'm not sure. Hope that this helped!:)
  • Options
    naniminnananiminna Posts: 463 Member
    Hey guys! I'm gonna be starting a let's play for this challenge soon! So excited to start playing this challenge! ^^
  • Options
    So a mod that shortens pregnancy isn't considered cheating for the challenge? I guess it wouldn't matter, your house will fill up faster and then you still have to wait for kids to age before continuing?
  • Options
    krh09krh09 Posts: 66 Member
    Starting my 100 baby LP today! So excited :)
  • Options
    EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member
    edited June 2015
    So I have to share this because I think it's adorable.

With this challenge there is always a baby in the house. Well I play with my speakers turned up and no headphones because my 2 year old daughter is usually running around and I need to be able to hear her. Being the caring child that she is, every time she hears the sim baby crying she freaks out and comes running over to me "mama the baby is cryin'!" so I tell her yes, the baby is crying and show her it is a game and the mom is taking care of the baby (or whoever I get at the time). "It's hungry!" She says when she sees the bottle "It needs a peanut butter sandwich!" Which is her favorite food. So every time a baby cries now she tells me I need to go make a peanut butter sandwich. XD This is going to be a long challenge. I'm officially 11 babies in, pregnant with number 12 but hoping for multiples.

Edit: Baby number 12 was a single. Ugh I haven't had multiples in so long it feels like forever. I'm keeping 3 kids in the house max at a time because they are moving out so quickly. I keep the fertility trait just so she will get pregnant on the first try.
    Post edited by Eminik on
  • Options
    MissElorriMissElorri Posts: 27 Member
    Owwwwnnn, sooo cute @Eminik ! :smiley:

I started my first 100 Baby Challenge yesterday. My little Sim do some woohoos with the first man I found and.... She had 4 babies!!!!! And she's again pregnant. But these babies... they cry, and cry, and cry allllllll the time. But I think I have a good start.
  • Options
    MissElorri wrote: »
    Owwwwnnn, sooo cute @Eminik ! :smiley:

I started my first 100 Baby Challenge yesterday. My little Sim do some woohoos with the first man I found and.... She had 4 babies!!!!! And she's again pregnant. But these babies... they cry, and cry, and cry allllllll the time. But I think I have a good start.

Oh my, I had enough of a headache with twins. Good luck to you!

• Options
    EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member
    edited June 2015
    I shouldn't have wished for multiples. Baby #13 ended up being babies 13-15. TRIPLETS. Ugh I hate triplets...

Edit: Bright side they are identical. 2 girls and a boy. I would have liked it better if they were all the same gender but oh well, they are my first set of identical multiples. I haven't even had identical twins.
    Post edited by Eminik on
  • Options
    My game glitched and deleted the world where I was playing this household so I have to start over. Good thing that I wasn't very far! I already made my sim. Her name is Hillary Glover and I will start playing with her right now!:)
  • Options
    WeathieWeathie Posts: 486 Member
    Rhyanie wrote: »
    here it is!! My first sims video. It's quite long, I didn't realize how much I recorded today. I'll get better at cropping videos one day. I do mention this but I am sick so I definitely sound off from my normal self.

Great start, I've subbed to you! Looking forward to more :)
    untitled-1.png

• Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member

Wonderful video @Rhyanie ! Feel better soon. Keep Simming! :smiley:
  • Options
    Here's my first 100 baby challenge video!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2CZ1C6giZzU
  • Options
    RhyanieRhyanie Posts: 87 Member
    @Weathie and @krh09 I subbed you both on youtube. I just finished my second video and it'll probably take forever to upload to youtube just like yesterday. I love recording instead of blogging. So much easier but I'm forgetting to take screenshots during game play now for the blog lol.
    @Rawla thanks, just found out today that I have bronchitis, it's terrible, smoked for years and never once got sick like this, quit smoking almost a year ago and I'm sick all the time. Crazy.
    OriginID RachieBee22
    View my baby challenge blog here. 100babychallengets4.blogspot.com/
    View my YouTube channel here.
    Rachie Bee's YouTube/
    View my baby challenge spread sheet here.
    Baby Challenge Data
  • Options
    Loreta PierceLoreta Pierce Posts: 17 New Member
    I haven't played properly for some time now cause I'm trying to build a beautiful big house in Newcrest, but my houses are always horrible: I don't plan anything so some rooms are located in a bad place (didn't know where to put a living room on 1st floor, made a really good one on 2nd floor that was suposed to be a study room), some are too big and have giant corridors. And I can't find a cool house in the gallery. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it.
  • Options
    @Weathie and @krh09 I subbed you both on youtube. I just finished my second video and it'll probably take forever to upload to youtube just like yesterday. I love recording instead of blogging. So much easier but I'm forgetting to take screenshots during game play now for the blog lol.
    @Rawla thanks, just found out today that I have bronchitis, it's terrible, smoked for years and never once got sick like this, quit smoking almost a year ago and I'm sick all the time. Crazy.

It's a lot of fun, right? I used to blog a lot but finding the time became a real issue, recording is just so much quicker and a lot of fun!

untitled-1.png

• Options
    I just made my own blog where I will be posting this challenge!
    https://klaipinithesims4.wordpress.com/
    I would be really happy if you would check it out!:)
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    edited June 2015

Nice. Subbed :)
    krh09 wrote: »

I like the pops of color you added in your house. Looks nice :)
    Subbed.
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    edited June 2015
    Ok, well. I finally succeeded in getting the Grim Reaper. Glad it's the weekend so I can binge play. Can not wait for Brooklynn to have his baby now.

Seeing him in his 'swimwear' in the hot tub was REALLY weird. Hahahahaha!!
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member

Ouch. :( Glad you quit smoking but so sad you are sick. Feel better soon.

• Options

Nice. Subbed :)
    krh09 wrote: »

I like the pops of color you added in your house. Looks nice :)
    Subbed.

Thank you!
  • Options
    Ok, well. I finally succeeded in getting the Grim Reaper. Glad it's the weekend so I can binge play. Can not wait for Brooklynn to have his baby now.

Seeing him in his 'swimwear' in the hot tub was REALLY weird. Hahahahaha!!

Haha! That's awesome, can't wait to see it!!

untitled-1.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top