May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simsvip New Poll - Do you want a DLC store for The Sims 4?

http://simsvip.com/
I chose No since I think Stuff Pack is the new store now, also because I thought much of the store's stuff were really, really overpriced. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Comments

• Options
    MarzipanMarzipan Posts: 60 Member
    I vote no for the same reasons, there was a lot of great stuff on the Sims 3 store, but it was waaaaay too overpriced! =)
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I voted yes provided we will get things at cheaper price than current prices. I like the current prices and if store means less payments for paying in advance I would say yes

If Store means pricier than what we are paying now then there is no point in having a store.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    I said no because I prefer it all being part of origin rather than a separate website plus I hated simpoints. I would also rather content be released at a slower pace and a higher quality.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I voted no. I prefer the content to be included in EP's, GP's and SP's and not all separated at a higher price.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Voted no.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2015
    I voted yes provided we will get things at cheaper price than current prices. I like the current prices and if store means less payments for paying in advance I would say yes

If Store means pricier than what we are paying now then there is no point in having a store.

Having a store would be more pricier as the store content required it's own team or workers and it's own studio - they had 40 in the team for the store in Salt Lake City for Sims 3 - so their salaries need paid. In Sims 3 because they were different teams there was often a disconnect between what the game team was making and the store team was making - because the store team had to make everything work just with the Sims 3 base game which was sometimes a problem with store stuff and eps - like store worlds and seasons or the IP ep, etc. So besides being much more pricier - there were never quite satisfied issues never fixed between store worlds and ep play. I assure you there would be no such things as the set you just got from the store to have animations for one thing without further charges - and for another to be 10 bucks. It would have cost one price for all the other stuff with additional cost for the premium objects - so more like 15 dollars plus anoth 5-8 dollars for the premium content at the very least - plus no guarantee it would all work smoothly with every ep. At least now all the packs come out of the same team and they are made to be compatible with all the rest of the packs.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    I voted no because I much prefer the Stuff Packs.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    voted no. The Sims 3 was worst for money grubbing. And I see frequent stuff packs for The Sims 4 like The Sims 3 store sets. So it would be double the expenses if they added a store. So no. I rather it continues releasing at a similar pace to right now, I consider that that's fast enough and has enough quality :)

you know what I would like though? Seasons pass! You could have a separate one for stuff packs, expansion packs and game packs if they're afraid that their profits will fall. However right now my card has problems with origin, so every time something comes out I have to take a train to town, buy an origin card and then buy the pack. Just buying a seasons pass would same me a lot of travel time :D
  • Options
    AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    No. I think the current system and pricing is not too bad. Adding a store on top of EPs, SPs, and now GPs would be too much imo.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited June 2015
    I am not very much interested in polls but can anything be more overpriced than a hot tube for 10€???
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    mayraymayray Posts: 1,426 Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm conflicted. I liked the store, and I liked that I could earn simpoints through videos ect. but some of the stuff was way over priced!
    And anything that had to do with gameplay should have just been in an xpac and not sold off piece by piece.
    It really bummed me out that we didn't have an actual OFB xpac but instead it was split up in the store and all together costed more than an xpac,

I'm going to sit here and think hard about this,
    large.gif

• Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    junceda wrote: »
    I am not very much interested in polls but can anything be more overpriced than a hot tube for 10€???

A hot tub, 30 build/buy stuff and 12 CAS stuff. :#
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    origin is the new dlc store for the sims so this poll make no sense to me
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options

I disagree here, the pack came with 44 new items. Means you paid $0.22 per object/item.
    At this rate it is a very good deal. The hot tub is the main thing not the only thing.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    Depends on the price and method of subscription. But for now I would say no.
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Having a store would be more pricier as the store content required it's own team or workers and it's own studio - they had 40 in the team for the store in Salt Lake City for Sims 3 - so their salaries need paid. In Sims 3 because they were different teams there was often a disconnect between what the game team was making and the store team was making - because the store team had to make everything work just with the Sims 3 base game which was sometimes a problem with store stuff and eps - like store worlds and seasons or the IP ep, etc. So besides being much more pricier - there were never quite satisfied issues never fixed between store worlds and ep play. I assure you there would be no such things as the set you just got from the store to have animations for one thing without further charges - and for another to be 10 bucks. It would have cost one price for all the other stuff with additional cost for the premium objects - so more like 15 dollars plus anoth 5-8 dollars for the premium content at the very least - plus no guarantee it would all work smoothly with every ep. At least now all the packs come out of the same team and they are made to be compatible with all the rest of the packs.

I didn't like Sims 3 store. I bought few things in the first year then never bought anything from the store again.
    More than store I would prefer if they offer a yearly premium service where subscribers get the same packs (EP,GP,SP) but all together they pay less for them because they are making a payment in advance.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I voted no. I prefer SPs/GPs/ EPs instead. In Sims 3, I only once used the store to redeem the free sims points I was given for pre-ordering the base game.
  • Options
    mayraymayray Posts: 1,426 Member

I disagree here, the pack came with 44 new items. Means you paid $0.22 per object/item.
    At this rate it is a very good deal. The hot tub is the main thing not the only thing.
    Plus stuff packs will eventually go on sale, so if you can't do the 10$ you could wait for a sale.
    Some of the stuff never went on sale or if it did it was minimal.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited June 2015
    yes, yes, yes, let the cow cash flow, if peoples love to throw money for nothing let then throw, also we need premiun content and also anual pass, also objects pack, also money pack and much more "ways to wate my money in a game", let's make that cow flow with all the milk!!!!!

because "we don't care right"!!!!., let's make sims 4 goes to the guiness book of the great over priced thing of all times!!!, because money come from trees!!!!.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    yes, yes, yes, let the cow cash flow, if peoples love to throw money for nothing let then throw, also we need premiun content and also anual pass, also objects pack, also money pack and much more "ways to wate my money in a game", let's make that cow flow with all the milk!!!!!

because "we don't care right"!!!!., let's make sims 4 goes to the guiness book of the great over priced thing of all times!!!, because money come from trees!!!!.

If I am not buying why should you buy?
    If I dislike something you should dislike it too.

That sums up the above post.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I agree with many - it's clear the "Stuff Pack" has gotten an upgrade - I like that they are replacing the Sims 3 Store. I think the pricing is more than fair... (some of you may forget how expensive individual sets were with PC items). I like that the GP has replaced the "SP" in terms of focus, and release schedule - and the SP has been re purposed. By going through Origin (because the GP isn't in stores) the money saved on shipping/production/packaging/etc brings the cost of the product down. 9.99 for the last two stuff packs is very very reasonable. The first one had like 60 items, this one has like 50 and new music/radio station.

Here's an example... The Lullabies set for toddlers at the Sims 3 store is 1,900 sim points (on sale for 13) for two PC objects (each are simpler than say the hot tub) and 26 BB/CAS items. $19.00 dollars. The Everyday Teens collection has 19 items and the pinball machine. $13

The way they have it set up is perfect. They did use intuitive properly when it came to how to deliver and package new product. Everything brings us new gameplay items, with GP's bringing us a little bit of everything; and expansions of course are expansions. I think this is great, and I am surprised people are thinking SP's are too much money. LOL I think it's great!

*LIGHTBULB* Remember the premium service? If it was still to be implemented in the game, it would prolly let us get early access to SP's and maybe GP's at a discount. Everything added through DLC via Origin makes it possible for a service like that. I love it. See, I would join that if I got a discount and new I had new stuff every month to download. I think SP's will still be released monthly, and Graham being lead producer that makes sense.

I'm very excited for the Sims 4. I can't wait for Christmas! :)
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    No. I prefer the way it is now. I hate the point system.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited June 2015
    Conclue wrote: »
    I agree with many - it's clear the "Stuff Pack" has gotten an upgrade - I like that they are replacing the Sims 3 Store. I think the pricing is more than fair... (some of you may forget how expensive individual sets were with PC items). I like that the GP has replaced the "SP" in terms of focus, and release schedule - and the SP has been re purposed. By going through Origin (because the GP isn't in stores) the money saved on shipping/production/packaging/etc brings the cost of the product down. 9.99 for the last two stuff packs is very very reasonable. The first one had like 60 items, this one has like 50 and new music/radio station.

Here's an example... The Lullabies set for toddlers at the Sims 3 store is 1,900 sim points (on sale for 13) for two PC objects (each are simpler than say the hot tub) and 26 BB/CAS items. $19.00 dollars. The Everyday Teens collection has 19 items and the pinball machine. $13

The way they have it set up is perfect. They did use intuitive properly when it came to how to deliver and package new product. Everything brings us new gameplay items, with GP's bringing us a little bit of everything; and expansions of course are expansions. I think this is great, and I am surprised people are thinking SP's are too much money. LOL I think it's great!

*LIGHTBULB* Remember the premium service? If it was still to be implemented in the game, it would prolly let us get early access to SP's and maybe GP's at a discount. Everything added through DLC via Origin makes it possible for a service like that. I love it. See, I would join that if I got a discount and new I had new stuff every month to download. I think SP's will still be released monthly, and Graham being lead producer that makes sense.

I'm very excited for the Sims 4. I can't wait for Christmas! :)

Nice analogy. :)
    I think there's already a Free Pack with Christmas-theme. :-? Or do you mean what they will release this Christmas? :-?
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    Heck no....but then again that's what will probably happen to get the toddlers most people want