Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• Options
    CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    edited June 2015
    @Lydiaa88 I think I remember something like that happening to me, too. Sadly, I don't remember how I fixed it :P You've tried bringing the guitar to different community lots to see if the option appears, I assume?
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    I also did not have the option to play for tips ... but the option to jam works just the same as play for tips
  • Options
    lockframeslockframes Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi, I'm new to the Sims challenges, and I want it this one to be my main challenge to begin with. :)
  • Options
    Lydiaa88Lydiaa88 Posts: 173 Member
    I'll try a different lot. Currently the library is the only place in the game that is a community lot, but I'll turn the park back into a park and see how that goes.
  • Options
    SO far I have clean up my worlds and now editing townies from the gallery to look from the first era Prehistoric :D
  • Options
    @lockframes Good Luck! It is fun and I look forward to hearing how yours is going!
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Some nice screenies. Thanks for sharing.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    My world would be Oasis since is more prehistoric looking :)
  • Options
    townies drive mad, but I don't do MODS so I have to dress them all up as prehistoric one by one XD
  • Options
    @Cloudseeker @tammyjo329 Alright thanks to both of you for that. It solved the problem. However, I think 25,000 is going to be EXTREMELY difficult to reach... Even if the entire family plays at level 10 skill...
  • Options
    @Cloudseeker @tammyjo329 Alright thanks to both of you for that. It solved the problem. However, I think 25,000 is going to be EXTREMELY difficult to reach... Even if the entire family plays at level 10 skill...
  • Options
    New videos from me shortly.
  • Options
    @Lydiaa88 Good to hear the problem was solved. Keep me posted on how easy/hard the different goals are, so that I can do some rebalancing if needed.
    @lockframes Welcome to the challenge! I hope that you'll enjoy it, and I look forward to hearing how it goes.

I should mention that I will be gone for a week, on vacation, during which I will have pretty much no Internet access, so I won't be able to reply to any questions or comments during the coming week. I trust that my "senior" playtesters will be able to answer any questions there might be :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    Have a good vacation @Cloudseeker!
  • Options
    @Lydiaa88 Thanks, I will :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    Today's episode is up!
  • Options
    WingzofnocteWingzofnocte Posts: 12 New Member
    I have been trying my hand at the History Challenge. One thing I've noticed is that it's next to impossible to level up the Herbalism skill without a grill. My sims have been doing (sorta) fine with a camp fire. Obviously they get a bit hungry faster than they would otherwise but one can only identify so many plants.

So, my question is, is it ok to have both a grill and a campfire? Provided the grill is strictly used for herbalism potions? And can my sims use the potions in the prehistoric era? Or do I need to wait?

And do the eras change with each new generation or do I wait for parents, child, grandchild before building? Because if that's the case this is going to be a loooong challenge lol

It has been extremely fun so far though.

Most of my money has come through gardening. I had to move Don Lothario and Katerina Caliente in to assist with the plants since children can't garden.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @Wingzofnocte
    What are you talking about? You can get your herbalism skill up JUST FINE without a grill.

Potions are not allowed in prehistoric era.. I am pretty sure that is in the rules and a restriction. I believe it is only okay to have a campfire or a grill (one or the other)

Okay about generation progression. Once your founders GRANDKID is born, you progress into Early Civilization (this is only for Prehistoric). Every other era it is the daughter or son progress the next generation.

You are allowed to move people in to help with restrictions but once they are moved out they cannot help after that.

Did I cover everything?
    Post edited by Lydiaa88 on
  • Options
    Okay, so I am trying to get a gold medal party and I know it is possible. Do I just have to keep hosting parties until the game gives me things I am allowed to do?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    When I say next to impossible, I mean that I have Herbalism half way and am a little miffed about how to level up to 10 without making potions of any kind.

Have I missed some key to level Herbalism that you might have found, @Lydiaa88 ?

And thank you for your answer back. I am aware that potions are not to be made before the Medieval Era. I was wondering if that might need to be tweaked if enough people found it difficult.

We're all here to have fun. Just putting forth what I have found. Didn't mean to be silly with my questions.
  • Options
    RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    When I say next to impossible, I mean that I have Herbalism half way and am a little miffed about how to level up to 10 without making potions of any kind.

Have I missed some key to level Herbalism that you might have found, @Lydiaa88 ?

And thank you for your answer back. I am aware that potions are not to be made before the Medieval Era. I was wondering if that might need to be tweaked if enough people found it difficult.

We're all here to have fun. Just putting forth what I have found. Didn't mean to be silly with my questions.

I don't think there are silly questions, not everyone is an expert on these challenges. What I really like about the disney princess challenge rules is that in the end they tell you it's your game and you can do with it how you best see fit. :smile:
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @Wingzofnocte I don't know of any way to make potions in the sims 4. so when you say potions I assume you mean gardening and such.

@Rivie This isnt the disney princess challenge? and these rules are kind of strict with what you can do and what you can't
  • Options
    RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    edited June 2015
    Lydiaa88 wrote: »
    @Wingzofnocte I don't know of any way to make potions in the sims 4. so when you say potions I assume you mean gardening and such.

@Rivie This isnt the disney princess challenge? and these rules are kind of strict with what you can do and what you can't

Oh I know, I was just mentioning that. I understand that is actually a very important part of the challenge because you're going through different eras. I was just trying to reassure them not to feel like they were asking silly questions.
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Either way, as far as I know, there isnt a way to make potions and leveling up Gardening/Herbalism just requires some tedious work.

I do have one small tip. If you have a cow plant: have your gardening sim play with it. It increases their gardening skill up a little. Towards the end of the challenge I had my gardening sim just sit there and play with the cow plant.

Upon googling potions in Sims 4, the kids can make the at the chemistry table at level 7.. Is that what you meant?
    Post edited by Lydiaa88 on
  • Options
    In the Herbalism skill it requires a sim to make lotions and salves in order to get to level 10. For the Prehistoric Era, Outdoor Enthusiast is an aspiration that is allowed. That is one I have chosen. In order to complete that aspiration, the Sim in question must then make lotions and salves. It's called Brewing. In order to do that one must have a grill or a stove. A camp fire will not work.

Since I have outdoor retreat, I chose to use only the camp fire as opposed to the grill. I also chose the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration which I cannot complete unless I level Herbalism to level 10. Gardening has nothing to do with Herbalism.

Also in order to complete that aspiration, my sim must craft 3 herbal remedies which is against the Prehistoric era rules, unless I'm wrong about that.

@cloudseeker do happy, sad, inspired potions ect. only apply to the no potions rule? Or are the herbal remedies also included in that? And if they are not allowed until the Medieval Era, is it ok to go ahead and brew them and just not use them until then so that one can complete the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration?

And, I know I've already said it but I just wanted to be super clear with my question and the rammifications thereof, if I can brew herbal remedies, I must have a grill in the prehistoric era.

I thought maybe if I only kept the grill in my inventory until I needed to use it for that and then put it back again it might not be so bad? Because I really am enjoying just using the fire pit. It's fun.

This challenge has been really different and cool so far.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top