Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What three expansion packs can you live without

What expansion packs can you live without?
For me it's
1. World Adventures
2. Ambitions
3. Showtime
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    Probably three of these four, can't really choose:
    Island Paradise
    Into the Future
    Ambitions
    World Adventures

They all have things I like in my game, but I hardly use most of their content. Probably ITF is the one I'd give up first.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Showtime
    World Adventures
    easily.
    I can live without ambitions too, though I kind of miss it.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Into the Future
    Showtime
    Ambitions

Into the Future is actually one of two EP's I still don't own (Island Paradise being the other), but while I enjoy Ambitions and Showtime, I could live without them if I had to.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I don't have them all, so I should obviously pick those I never got*.
    But anyway:

Showtime*
    Into the future*
    Late night / University Live*

I like city feel of the world that came with Late night, but I find that I hardly use the city theme in any of my other worlds, so I think I'd been willing to skip it in order to improve game performance.

Don't have Supernatural either, but it looks kinda interesting for smaller, nerdy worlds :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Sammy.HaySammy.Hay Posts: 7 New Member
    edited May 2015
    I miss all of them, but if they re made them all for sims 4, they should make these 3 last:
    - Showtime
    - University Life
    - Ambitions
    they didnt really have much to offer in terms of things to do + new opportunities.
    the 2 that i CANT live with out?
    - Generations
    - Supernatural
    i absolutely loved those two!!
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I can live without Ambitions or Showtime until they get ordered and the disks arrive.I'll have to play with a full collection after I've installed and tested the two missing ones after I bought them.I can hide clothing by pack in CAS with Master Controller and have no need to uninstall anything.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Yikes.

Uh...

1. Generations
    2. Seasons
    3. Island Paradise

Not to say that I'd like giving them up either.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    That's hard! If it was Stuff Packs, I could choose much easier :)

OK, I'd reluctantly have to go for these:
    1) Into The Future
    2) Ambitions
    3) Showtime
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Into The Future
    Supernatural
    World Adventures
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I don't have Into the Future or Island Paradise, so those are first on my list. As for a third, I can't think of any I have now that I would want to be without, as I regularly use content from every one of them. Ambitions comes closest to being one I could live without. My sims can make money on skills without being self-employed, and I don't much like the unrealistic awards and bonuses they get, so I usually don't have them register to be self-employed anymore. I also don't like the professions all that much. But, I do like the sculpting and inventing skills, and wouldn't want to be without them again, and I used other items from the EP regularly. So, I wouldn't really want to be without that one, either. I don't have pets in my game, because they cause lag, but some of my favorite clothing and decor items are from Pets, and my favorite bed to give my sims is, too. So, I wouldn't want to be without Pets either. The same can be said for every other EP I own.
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    1. ITF (minus some cool CC like the jet pack)
    2. Showtime (since it should have been part of LN)
    3. SN (because of all supernatural sims except witches. And the zombie effect that was a pain without mods)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Three...that's a tough choice. I bought all the EPs mainly for content not game play.

The top would have to be

Generations. I wasn't going to buy this and my husband "surprised" me with it as a present.
    Showtime
    Pets
    Seasons
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    Once upon a time I would have thought Showtime, Pets or Into the Future.

I chose ITF because I enjoyed the game without it but I enjoy the game a lot more with it so now I've got it I wouldn't voluntarily part with it.

since I started actually playing with pets I wouldn't want it gone either. The same goes for Showtime.

I've been consciously trying to actually play with all of them lately and now I know for a fact that I wouldn't want to play the game with any of them missing. So if it means giving up the game entirely it really wouldn't matter which 3 I got rid of.

I've been doing so many new things in my game lately that I've been running routines my computer has never touched before. I'm finding some brand new bugs in the process. At least they are new to me.

I bought my computer to play all of the game and that's what I'm planning to do so this decision is pointless for me right now.
  • Options
    vef426vef426 Posts: 33 Member
    Pets - My sims rarely have them anymore and I disable the additional spawning because they are just EVERYWHERE and bog my game down majorly (especially the horses)
    Into the Future - I have it. Haven't really used anything for it yet though.
    Island Paradise - It was the last expansion I picked up. I really like it though I haven't got the chance to explore it very much as the new world is super glitchy and slow.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Pets for certain- honestly I know people love it but it's one more thing to take care of AND I really don't like having "wild" horses running through the downtown of Roaring Heights and the like, Pets is the only EP I have uninstalled. After that I'd say Generations as I'm not a huge legacy player and I'm not really even sure what it's for, although I have it installed- I think it had family trees but I also think that was added to the game via an update anyway. Lastly I guess Showtime- I've never really pursued the goals there and as I read it seems the "Port" is mostly dead so I might not even be able to do some of them and I can do without the celebrity system as well which I mostly ignore.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    Pets - I never play them, I disable them in game, the only thing I like about this EP are the items that came with it (rabbit holes, clothing, hair)
    Into the Future - I like one thing, the dip kiss.
    Generations - I'm still not completely sure what it adds to the game other than the ability to pull pranks.
  • Options
    ashley247ashley247 Posts: 74 Member
    World Adventures
    Supernatural
    Into the Future
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I don't think I could do with out any of mine, but if I absolutely had to give up on any it would be

Into the Future -This would be the easiest, because I never really play with anything in this, and always delete the time portal.
    Pets - I always turn off all the animals.
    Seasons - I always turn off the weather.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    I get use out of all of my EPs in one way or the other but if I had to uninstall three they'd be:

Showtime--I never use the careers and never play the town.
    Island Paradise--My game never lagged, not even in Bridgeport...then came IP. Not a fan.
    Pets--I also always disable animals in game and only use horses when I'm playing in Dragon Valley.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Darkling wrote: »
    I get use out of all of my EPs in one way or the other but if I had to uninstall three they'd be:

Showtime--I never use the careers and never play the town.
    Island Paradise--My game never lagged, not even in Bridgeport...then came IP. Not a fan.
    Pets--I also always disable animals in game and only use horses when I'm playing in Dragon Valley.

YAY!! Darkling you have good taste,Except for the Showtime Part :# "Throws a gnome at you" Showtime is awesome "Hurts both ways" and "One more grey day" are just too good of Simlish songs to pass up.Plus watch this it will get you pumped like Dorie Hart was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ1V1E1XJ08

But everything else you are dead on with.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Showtime
    Late Night
    Supernatural
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    Hmm I'd have to say World Adventures, Into The Future, and Island Paradise. I'd rather not uninstall them though lol
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Into the Future - Fun every once an while, but don't use most of the content in regular gameplay.
    Showtime - Just really don't use much content from this expansion, world it comes with is just ok.
    Island Paradise - Love it and all that it adds, but the world it comes with can get extremely laggy, so it can be hard to enjoy.
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Into the Future - Fun every once an while, but don't use most of the content in regular gameplay.
    Showtime - Just really don't use much content from this expansion, world it comes with is just ok.
    Island Paradise - Love it and all that it adds, but the world it comes with can get extremely laggy, so it can be hard to enjoy.

Have to agree with you since I don't own those 3, also don't own Supernatural but may get it for the town and build/buy objects.

So EPs I can do without (since I don't have them):
    1. Showtime
    2. Into the Future
    3. Island Paradise
    4. Supernatural
    Of the ones I do have:
    5. Generations (Only thing keeping this one installed is "woohoo in the shower" and some of the kids' clothes.)
    6. University
    7. World Adventures
  • Options
    Painterly27Painterly27 Posts: 177 Member
    Showtime - it just wasn't my kind of thing.
    Generations - while it's a really nice addition I've played for so long without it that I can do without.
    Island Paradise - Love the boats, dive spots and boathouses, but not keen on the world of Isla PAradiso.

That being said I have had all of the EPs at one time or another. Showtime is my least favourite, while all the other EPs bulk the game up and add flavour. Showtime was just ... meh.