Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What three expansion packs can you live without

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Well, I have to admit I live without quite a few of them, but the ones I'll probably never buy would be Supernatural, Into the Future, and Pets. They just don't really fit my playstyle (although Supernatural does have some really nice looking clothing...)
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    pinkfairyqueenpinkfairyqueen Posts: 240 Member
    for me it would have to be : into the feature , island paradise ( except I will admit , I would miss certain hairstyles and clothing that came with the game.) and showtime. Showtime lags a lot on my computer which is a shame cause I did like the clothing in that one and the singing career.
  • Options
    Snakefire30Snakefire30 Posts: 473 Member
    1. Showtime
    2. Pets
    3. Generations

I do live without those since I've never bought them, and I don't feel the need to buy them. I love Ambitions and World Adventures and I would miss a lot if I uninstalled them.
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    This is a hard one because while sometimes I don't like the expansion itself, I do like a lot of the stuff that came with it.
    1. IP- Love the stuff that came with it (clothing is some of the best of all the EPs), but the EP gameplay is soooooooo buggy it's been hard to play things like mermaids.
    2. ITF- Fun game to play, but very specific items(I can't really use them anywhere else beyond Lunar Lakes). It pretty much only allows for one type of play. On the plus side, it doesn't have as many of the buggy/laggy issues that the others in this list have.
    3. Pets - Another one that has quite a few bugs (animals spawn anywhere w/o mods to control, get stuck, etc). However I really like the clothing and household items that came with it.
  • Options
    moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    edited May 2015
    I don't like Showtime. I delete every performance lot whenever I start a new save. I'd feel missing something if I got rid of any other eps, even though I really want to get rid of some of their "features" like the celebrity system, imaginary friends and the social influence system.
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,436 Member
    It would be nice if you could somehow cull out the objects you don't use; it would really speed up menu loading times.

So many times I have wanted to be able to do this.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    > @moonandsixpens said:
    > I don't like Showtime. I delete every performance lot whenever I start a new save. I'd feel missing something if I got rid of any other eps, even though I really want to get rid of some of their "features" like the celebrity system, imaginary friends and the social influence system.

Sometimes the celebrity stuff can be nice, because people send you things, but I generally opt my active family out of the celebrity system or disable celebrities altogether, depending on what kind of story I'm telling.
  • Options
    moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    JoieWilder wrote: »
    > @moonandsixpens said:
    > I don't like Showtime. I delete every performance lot whenever I start a new save. I'd feel missing something if I got rid of any other eps, even though I really want to get rid of some of their "features" like the celebrity system, imaginary friends and the social influence system.

Sometimes the celebrity stuff can be nice, because people send you things, but I generally opt my active family out of the celebrity system or disable celebrities altogether, depending on what kind of story I'm telling.

I first get one of my sim climbing up the ladder to be a high level celebrity then disable the system. There won't be any paparazzi or annoying opportunities but my sim still get free stuff and discounts when shopping >:)
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

• Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Hmm... Pets, Seasons and maybe ITF. The animal spawning was too much for my computer and ditto for the weather. Played ITF a bit but futuristic just doesn't do it for me.
  • Options
    Roxxgirl13Roxxgirl13 Posts: 50 Member
    Can live without? Well, definitely Showtime. Only one I've ever bought then uninstalled (it was for space, but still. Sorry Katy Perry). Other two would be World Adventures & Pets. I'd say Into The Future but I never actually bought that one so it wouldn't count.
    ~ despite my username I'm actually a guy and would prefer you referred to me as such ~
  • Options
    kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    Into the Future
    Showtime
    Supernatural

I play more realistic.