Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April patch.

Comments

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    mikmaker wrote: »
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    What do you think we will be getting in April?? I'm really curious, after GTW is released they will be able to focus on the base game again, unless they are announcing a new GP, but i expect it to be announced in May.

There are the things still missing:
    1. Toddlers
    2. Cars
    3. Story Progression
    4. NPCs

These are the big things, there are other small things missing, but we got at least one big thing each patch. Of course there's the possibility we won't get anything, but that didn't happened so far.
    There's the possibility there will won't be anything new, but we will get CAW, since we also got it after the first EP was released for TS3 (There's also a big petition here on the forums). :)
    1. Toddlers - not gonna happen
    2. Cars - not gonna happen
    3. Story Progression - not gonna happen
    4. NPCs - not gonna happen
    Pretty much. I'd rather be a realist than an optimist.

The first three: It's realistic
    The last: That's being pessimistic
    NPC aren't harder then ghosts, basements, pools, family trees,...
    Being optimistic almost always disappoints you. I know it did for me, so I'm done hoping for the best. Instead I'll just prepare for the worst.

Ok your right. But did I say something about being optimistic? No, I didn't :|
    You said I was being pessimistic with the last one. So I thought you were implying that I should expect NPCs to show up in the next patch, which is being optimistic.

Lets turn this around. So you expect NCP's not to come, because you don't want to be disappointed? Is there another reason?
    Yes. Having high hopes crushes you down in the end.

You can't say NPC'S won't come, just be you don't want to be disappointed. Are you even sad they aren't in the game?
    I didn't say NPCs are not going to be in the patch for sure. I simply said I'm not going to get my hopes up because I've been disappointed way too many times.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    What do you think we will be getting in April?? I'm really curious, after GTW is released they will be able to focus on the base game again, unless they are announcing a new GP, but i expect it to be announced in May.

1. Toddlers
    2. Cars
    3. Story Progression
    4. NPCs

These are the big things, there are other small things missing, but we got at least one big thing each patch. Of course there's the possibility we won't get anything, but that didn't happened so far.
    There's the possibility there will won't be anything new, but we will get CAW, since we also got it after the first EP was released for TS3 (There's also a big petition here on the forums). :)

Being optimistic almost always disappoints you. I know it did for me, so I'm done hoping for the best. Instead I'll just prepare for the worst.

Ok your right. But did I say something about being optimistic? No, I didn't :|
    You said I was being pessimistic with the last one. So I thought you were implying that I should expect NPCs to show up in the next patch, which is being optimistic.

Lets turn this around. So you expect NCP's not to come, because you don't want to be disappointed? Is there another reason?
    Yes. Having high hopes crushes you down in the end.

You can't say NPC'S won't come, just be you don't want to be disappointed. Are you even sad they aren't in the game?
    I didn't say NPCs are not going to be in the patch for sure. I simply said I'm not going to get my hopes up because I've been disappointed way too many times.

thanks to clarify this
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »

1. Toddlers
    2. Cars
    3. Story Progression
    4. NPCs

Actually, they may be. Given the issues with the NPCs they already have in the game (ummm, maids, Grim), I can see adding burglers, firemen, and all that being an issue. From setting up the scenarios to having our sims interact with them, the animations involved, additional emotions, I can see this being a severe issue. Someone breaks into your well-decorated house and your sim will smile and not react. Or even worse, if the active sim is flirty, their reaction). That would be bad.

You could seduce the burglar to make him give back your items. :)

tenor.gif
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

1. Toddlers
    2. Cars
    3. Story Progression
    4. NPCs

They can't even fix the Sims standing on the sidewalk when you open the game bug or the one where they don't want to cook and if the in game debug doesn't work you have to leave the game and do a repair. I think theses things are more important than adding back the above mention items.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »

1. Toddlers
    2. Cars
    3. Story Progression
    4. NPCs

Actually, they may be. Given the issues with the NPCs they already have in the game (ummm, maids, Grim), I can see adding burglers, firemen, and all that being an issue. From setting up the scenarios to having our sims interact with them, the animations involved, additional emotions, I can see this being a severe issue. Someone breaks into your well-decorated house and your sim will smile and not react. Or even worse, if the active sim is flirty, their reaction). That would be bad.

You could seduce the burglar to make him give back your items. :)

Or perhaps chase him out of the house with a playful noxious cloud or angry poop?

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

1. Toddlers
    2. Cars
    3. Story Progression
    4. NPCs

They can't even fix the Sims standing on the sidewalk when you open the game bug or the one where they don't want to cook and if the in game debug doesn't work you have to leave the game and do a repair. I think theses things are more important than adding back the above mention items.

I think they all kind of go together, just to show how much work the game still needs. :-)
  • Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    [quote="catmando830;13439623"][quote="XopaxPax;821722"]What do you think we will be getting in April?? I'm really curious, after GTW is released they will be able to focus on the base game again, unless they are announcing a new GP, but i expect it to be announced in May.

1. Toddlers
    2. Cars
    3. Story Progression
    4. NPCs

There's the possibility there will won't be anything new, but we will get CAW, since we also got it after the first EP was released for TS3 (There's also a big petition here on the forums). :) [/quote]
    [s]1. Toddlers[/s] - [b]not gonna happen[/b]
    [s]2. Cars[/s] - [b]not gonna happen[/b]
    [s]3. Story Progression[/s] - [b]not gonna happen[/b]
    [s]4. NPCs[/s] - [b]not gonna happen[/b]
    [/quote]

Way to kill the dream :D
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    How about fix the buggy emotions/lack of reactions and whatever other bugs before adding new stuff? My sims still don't react to the crying baby object, lol. I had to add a mod, but that doesn't always help. Maybe tone down the tablet/computer usage since that's what causing most of the distraction to the point of the baby being threatened multiple times by the invisible social work.

Never has a sims game ever made me rage quit before (and I've had laggy Island Paradise in sims 3)!
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

1. Toddlers
    2. Cars
    3. Story Progression
    4. NPCs

Way to kill the dream :D

Well, I don't think any of the 4 (toddlers, cars, story progression, NPCs) will be coming in the April patch, but that doesn't mean they won't be coming at all. Since we're getting two patches in March (the one we got with bug fixes and the nekkid gnome, and the upcoming one with basements), we might not get a big patch in April, just a small one to fix whatever bugs might creep up with basements and/or a patch to fix any bugs in GTW.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    How about fix the buggy emotions/lack of reactions and whatever other bugs before adding new stuff? My sims still don't react to the crying baby object, lol. I had to add a mod, but that doesn't always help. Maybe tone down the tablet/computer usage since that's what causing most of the distraction to the point of the baby being threatened multiple times by the invisible social work.

Never has a sims game ever made me rage quit before (and I've had laggy Island Paradise in sims 3)!

Do you use any mods? It might be because of a mod because My Sims always go to the baby when it starts crying. Also, they don't go right away, but it does appear in their que. If there's an action before the "go to baby" that you made them do, they'll finish that first before they go to the baby, and if their doing something else autonomously, then there's still a slight delay before they actually transition to "go to baby".

But yeah, check for mods and if the action ever appears in their que.

And the reason they haven't fixed this yet is because their very minor bugs compared to others.

Here's a list of bug fix priorities I have made myself based on what I've seen fixed as well as the time it took to fix it.
    First priority in bug fixes is making sure players can actually play the game (game-won't-start bugs and crashes)
    Second is universal game-changing bugs which means it happens to everyone, and can greatly impact gameplay. Oh, also small-unimportant but easily fixable bugs.
    Last there are the universal-not important bugs, and the non-universal game-changing bugs.

• Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    This patch will be the greatest patch in franchise history.

~ Prepare to have your minds BLOWN.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Better be toddlers. Come oooooooonnnn
  • Options
    SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    April patch - - not available
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    SuRihtanil wrote: »
    This patch will be the greatest patch in franchise history.

~ Prepare to have your minds BLOWN.

th?id=HN.607997847260498188&pid=15.1&P=0
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    We will get an April fools patch i.e no patch at all ;)
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Right now, i'm thinking we mighty get Easter content. :)
    That's very likely to happen.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    RealmOfAJAXRealmOfAJAX Posts: 87 Member
    If they add toddlers or cars most likely be in an expansion pack. 'Babies unleashed'
    Origin: RealmOfAJAX
  • Options
    r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
    Bug fixes
    Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I have come to accept no toddlers. I would much rather PETS vs TODDLERS.. or WEATHER vs TODDLERS..

Pets and weather don't come in patches.

Well neither do Toddlers cause they're supposed to be in game anyways, but I'm hoping that tots come soon.
  • Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    I want toddlers and pets and hot tubs.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    We might not even get anything for April. The March 31st patch probably will be our "April" patch.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    i dont think that toddlers will ever be apart of the sims 4
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    Considering we didn't get anything when OR was released, we might not get anything for April either. March would be basements/hair/gnome/hat, April would be GTW.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    RoyaiChaos wrote: »
    Considering we didn't get anything when OR was released, we might not get anything for April either. March would be basements/hair/gnome/hat, April would be GTW.

I hope May is toddlers if no April patch...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    April showers bring May flowers ;)
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png