Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll: Do you use Custom Content/Mods?

Comments

• Options
    SimsLovahSimsLovah Posts: 394 Member
    I have 5;

3 Cc of Hair
    2 Cc of 3D Eyelashes
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited December 2014
    I did for a while, until my game refused to load(Stuck on the initial loading screen). By the time I moved my custom content folder (I have not used mods) I didn't really feel like going back in and re-outfitting all of the sims in my game so I just started over. Now, I am back to avoiding the custom content.
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    Kamb64 wrote: »
    My Sims 2 was jammed with all kinds of mods and custom content. Sims 3 had Twallans mods and a few custom content things. Sims 4 has a few mods and that's it. As time goes I may download some cc for it.

I missed twallans mods, he made the best mods ever :joy:
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    VertKillerVertKiller Posts: 223 Member
    edited December 2014
    NRAAS for s3. If more people were smarter and used Twalians mods, there would be a lot less chronic s3 bashing and less reasons for missing content in s4. Or at least there would be less people using that lame excuse of blaming open worlds and cast for all the problems in s3. I trust Twalian way more than the game developers. Also used a lot of cc for s3. You just need to be smart and ask about or research them first.

I don't bother with anything for s4. I don't find s4 worth the effort to use it or even worth the time to play it.
  • Options
    cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    I have got 3558 mods+ /CC/clothes for sims4 NOT use them all yet
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    VertKiller wrote: »
    NRAAS for s3. If more people were smarter and used Twalians mods, there would be a lot less chronic s3 bashing and less reasons for missing content in s4.

If you need a modder to fix a game, then you have every right to bash the developers.

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited December 2014
    TS3 is heavily modded, TS4 not so much.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Yes. I absolutely love custom content and mods. There have always been things that irk me about every sims iteration so I need mods to modify to my heart's content.
  • Options
    PopeyePopeye Posts: 53 Member
    I use mods/Cc only where ""EA is lacking in"" ie. Lipsticks,blush,eyeliners,eye color and some objects etc,etc..
  • Options
    rockstarhair123rockstarhair123 Posts: 69 Member
    Nah, I've never used mods or cc. I find it unnecessary in my style of playing... I'm perfectly fine with using what EA has provided.
    original_poza_1.jpg
    "Y'know" -Billie Joe Armstrong
    Simmer since 2010, PC Simmer since 2012
  • Options
    jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    Oh yeah, I use a lot of CC in TS3. I only have like one mod and that's to change the background in CAS.
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Yasssss! Can't wait to find more interesting stuff. I have always been a CC junkie since Sims 2 and I don't see that changing. I don't like my game looks like everyone else's. :)
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    millihelenmillihelen Posts: 11 New Member
    Sims 3 is loaded with CC hairs, clothes, and a bunch of mods. I actually like the cartoonish kinda style of Sims 4 though, so my CC is very limited. Haven't really looked for mods yet.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I don't have that many mods that change the game itself, but I have tons of clothes.
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    No CC. No Mods. I don't want to have to bother with removing them and putting them back every time we have an update, game pack, expansion pack, etc...
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    ashley247ashley247 Posts: 74 Member
    edited December 2014
    I use a lot of CC for Sims 2. In the Sims 3 I use some NRAAS mods, skin and eyes. I use a aging mod for the Sims 4.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited December 2014
    I haven't used mods or CC. I had a bad time with CC at first in Sims 3 so I vowed off it. I've considered using mods for that game, now that it's finished, but as for Sims 4 it'll probably be a while before I use mods. And I doubt I'll use CC at all.

Edit: Also agree with SelahFreeAtLast to a good reason not to.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    I don't use mods or CC since Sims 2.

CC often looks so bad or doesn't match the art style of the game, and I am a perfectionist.

Mods are not interesting, even when I don't like a game. However, there would be one I would like to have (if it existed) and that's for the awful genetic system. My sims' grown children always end up looking horrible (example: extremely small jaws even when the parents have normal or bigger jaws).
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I have 1 mod - the gardener; and I had one cc - Christmas stuff, but deleted it as Christmas is over
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I never used cc or mods in Sims2. I didn't find a need for it. However, Sims3 was so broken (and I hardly had to deal with bugs or glitches in the Sims2) that I finally resorted to NRaas mods to help. The one mod I miss the most is the "Relativity" mod, which would extend a Sim day without slowing down the actions/movements of the Sims themselves. My singer Sim could not make it to a single gig on time, even when I started him out well before his scheduled performance. Once I installed "Relativity" I found I had more than enough time for him to eat, shower, take a nap, get up from the nap, gussy up and brush his teeth and then head down to his gig location. Even when he was living across town! For a very short time, I tried to use a similar mod for Sims4. But, I didn't comprehend how to activate it. It was only after I got the mod to suppress the relationship decay that I asked how was I to set it. Now, I'm curious about going back and finding the first mod again. (Activating it was so simple, it almost hurt.) But, I still don't want to jam up my game. Right now, things are functioning rather smoothly. My load screens only take moments (we're talking a few seconds) and I'm planning on getting that first GP. (Still getting used to the vernacular.) I have pulled the Mods folder out because I don't know, yet, if the one mod I was using needs to be updated. I'm a bit slow in finding out, which tells me I may not need it at all. :p And I have yet to replace the the first mod I tried that was supposed to extend the Sim day. But, I think I'm getting the hang of it, again. I was doing just fine back in Sims2, years ago. Sims3, sadly, eroded my gaming abilities.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    So far I'm vanilla (that may change today cause there's some dreadlocks I've been eying) but the temptation is there. ;)

I have no problem with CC, it makes the game look beautiful. . . I just have a problem with the bugs and slow loading times lol. I've grown impatient I guess. The mods that fix things I encourage. I used some of those in Sims 3 faithfully.
  • Options
    MisterAyerMisterAyer Posts: 34 Member
    Yep! Only the 'good stuff' though, by opinion of course. But I find- particularly with added hair and tattoos- EA to be rather lacking at current.

Also there are several mods beyond just CC I use as well.

Why? Why not! It's just a game, and if it breaks (which I've not yet had happen), you just fix it. :) And if by some fluke it leads to a fiery explosion visible from space, at least you had a good time in the process.

I can understand the reticence on using CC/mods, but I think the apprehension can be a bit hyperbolic at times. Of course, not using CC/mods is a completely valid way to go about the game, and EA can only add more content.
  • Options
    sugarbelle_2017sugarbelle_2017 Posts: 32 Member
    I don't. I like playing games the way they originally made, and believe I shouldn't have to add anything that the developers didn't. CC can also look very different from the style of the game and mods can be fun every once and a while, or good to fix up some problems you may be having. (I have a mod to help brighten the lighting in the Sims 4.)
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    edited December 2014
    MisterAyer wrote: »
    Yep! Only the 'good stuff' though, by opinion of course. But I find- particularly with added hair and tattoos- EA to be rather lacking at current.<br />
    <br />
    Also there are several mods beyond just CC I use as well.<br />
    <br />
    Why? Why not! It's just a game, and if it breaks (which I've not yet had happen), you just fix it. :) And if by some fluke it leads to a fiery explosion visible from space, at least you had a good time in the process.<br />

<br />
    I can understand the reticence on using CC/mods, but I think the apprehension can be a bit hyperbolic at times. Of course, not using CC/mods is a completely valid way to go about the game, and EA can only add more content.

Best post of the day... I am SO gonna quote you on what I bolded... LOVE it!

Happy New Year, Fellow Simaddicts!!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I use CC but no mods :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1