Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hi Gurus! I Would Like More Mail, Please.

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
The thread discussing a possible bug of mail or asking did Sims get mail made me want to request we do get more mail, please.

1. I would like to send love letters to other Sims through the mailbox. Like in TS2 and TSM. Not just flip it over the shoulder like in TS3.

2. I would like these letters to be in the other Sim's mailbox when I go play them. Like in TS2 and the Sim gain relationship points from them like in TS2.

3. I would like magazines, believe it or not there are many of us who still read them, and order them. :o I would want these to be actual 'interest and hobby' magazines. Where the Sim would enjoy (for fun) reading up on their favorite hobby or how to decorate or whatever. I don't want them to be like a rpg thing to do to have to read. I want them for fun and to build their outside Interests in Particular things Like from the TS2.

4. Coupons! Coupons! In the Mail. The day you do bring back Restaurants I hope we get coupons again if we send our Sims to several types and or places the go. Huge discounts on dinner, breakfast by one get one free, etc. I love the TS2 coupons in the old NL EP.

5. Gifts, I would enjoy if my Sims got gifts in the mail from other Sims. Or vice versa, I had to box it up and mail it out at the mailbox.

Those are just a few things I would like to return and or add this time. I hope others have more ideas or express why they miss the actual mailbox functions of the past.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    Yes. I want some other mail to soften the blow of my 10k+ rent
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    I really do miss the Sim having to go to the mailbox to get anything. Lol. I know we mail off rocks etc. but I really do want the coupons and magazines back from the TS2 base and NL. I enjoyed my Sims reading those interests magazines and we can't buy them now, so at least mail them. haha, and send me some coupons to get free meals and or dinner for two again etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    There's already a thread about mail on the front page:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/796374/do-sims-get-mail/p1

I said that one inspired me to write this one because that isn't a suggestion thread, it's a question because so many of us got mail and there was nothing there, like a bug problem with the bills.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    3. I would like magazines, believe it or not there are many of us who still read them, and order them.
    I'll add to this what I want.
    I want coffeetable books Sims leave just anywhere all over the place.
    Normal books, please, set it that sims automatically return them to the bookcase, not like it's now so I have to pixelhunt where some bloody book is or have to order a sim to get all books back in the bookcase.
    5. Gifts, I would enjoy if my Sims got gifts in the mail from other Sims. Or vice versa, I had to box it up and mail it out at the mailbox.
    Errr... Wouldn't this be too much like Fable? I hated flower/ring/(Katy Perry) sweets gift system in Fable games.
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    3. I would like magazines, believe it or not there are many of us who still read them, and order them.
    Normal books, please, set it that sims automatically return them to the bookcase, not like it's now so I have to pixelhunt where some bloody book is or have to order a sim to get all books back in the bookcase.

It's weird because after meals, my sims sometimes put their plates on the bookshelf... yet they can't be bothered putting their books there.
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    Errr... Wouldn't this be too much like Fable? I hated flower/ring/(Katy Perry) sweets gift system in Fable games.

I've never played Fable, but I just want the mailbox to be of more use like it was in the older games. With coupons, love letters, etc. I think it would be neat to make something in the game (I mean the Sim) and then walk it out to the mailbox and mail it to my Sim across the map.
  • Options
    It's amazing how some come into a positive thread and then speak negatively though they want or say they like to read suggestion threads. Go figure. I suppose only if it's their own, and or if it is about what they want and not someone else. What do you think? Yes, I think so. Sorry, if no one liked a made this thread. I was trying to think of what I want to do in the game and how much I miss some simple things from the other games that made it fun for me. Seems some think it is just a chore and something to clean up. I never saw those base game interests magazines as a hinder to me. I loved them. And I liked sending Sims out to buy them but since there is no REAL shopping in the game for our Sims I thought it would be nice if my Sim could order the ones they liked and I could make them read them for 'fun' since I don't want every Sim to have a TV or even a book case. I like to mix it up what Sims I play.
  • Options

It's weird because after meals, my sims sometimes put their plates on the bookshelf... yet they can't be bothered putting their books there.

Neat Sims put the books away like they always have, it has a lot to do with the traits you pick.
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    It's amazing how some come into a positive thread and then speak negatively though they want or say they like to read suggestion threads. Go figure. I suppose only if it's their own, and or if it is about what they want and not someone else. What do you think? Yes, I think so. Sorry, if no one liked a made this thread. I was trying to think of what I want to do in the game and how much I miss some simple things from the other games that made it fun for me. Seems some think it is just a chore and something to clean up. I never saw those base game interests magazines as a hinder to me. I loved them. And I liked sending Sims out to buy them but since there is no REAL shopping in the game for our Sims I thought it would be nice if my Sim could order the ones they liked and I could make them read them for 'fun' since I don't want every Sim to have a TV or even a book case. I like to mix it up what Sims I play.

I'm sorry people acted negatively to this and other threads that you might have made.........I think this is a fabulous idea! I think that they need to have love letters and such in the game. I also would like to see family trees make a comeback so that if a son or daughter of your sim moved out, that they could keep in contact by simply having an option to "write letter to child" or "write to mom and dad". I also think that with the phones and computers there ought to be a "check email" feature and a "write email" feature as well. Actually in hindsight, I have to look at the email thing in game cause I am not sure if this is something already in game.
  • Options
    Bear31 wrote: »

I'm sorry people acted negatively to this and other threads that you might have made.........I think this is a fabulous idea! I think that they need to have love letters and such in the game. I also would like to see family trees make a comeback so that if a son or daughter of your sim moved out, that they could keep in contact by simply having an option to "write letter to child" or "write to mom and dad". I also think that with the phones and computers there ought to be a "check email" feature and a "write email" feature as well. Actually in hindsight, I have to look at the email thing in game cause I am not sure if this is something already in game.

I haven't seen email on the computers in the game, only write letter if you get a pen pal.
  • Options
    ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    More mail would be awesome! I like your ideas! I would like to send/receive invitations to parties (that we could plan a head of time...if only that were an option).
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    I love your ideas! :D
  • Options

Literally no one acted rude or even negatively toward you in this thread. I simply pointed out that there was already a thread on this topic you could have posted in. This is thread is nothing but spam (because half these ideas were suggested in the other thread already) and this particular post you've written is nothing but flamebait. Your attitude is getting really tiresome.

You mean like all your spam when there is already a 'what foods do you want' thread and you make a new one saying we need sushi? Or when people post long picture threads and you don't think that's good enough or something and posts a new picture thread in All CAPS to draw people to yours or something? Or when others are already giving feed back of why the TS4 is too different in my thread and you make another thread saying what needs to be changed? Like how many of those do you have going at the moment? I can count at least three or four dealing with what people would consider spam since there are already threads talking about careers and or aspirations and why they don't like them and how they wanted them changed. And there is already the Gurus threads asking for feedback but that's not good enough you gotta post yet another thread to ask people to POST HERE lol....really Selena anyone with eyes at all and half a brain can see what you are doing. No offense but I don't think I am the actual spammer here. Count how many threads I have actually made in the last month to yours....give me a break.
  • Options

Literally no one acted rude or even negatively toward you in this thread. I simply pointed out that there was already a thread on this topic you could have posted in. This is thread is nothing but spam (because half these ideas were suggested in the other thread already) and this particular post you've written is nothing but flamebait. Your attitude is getting really tiresome.

Cool it........she has every right to post what she wants, when she wants, and where she wants. Its spam you say? So what? People do it here all the time regardless of who's telling the OP what to do. People REALLY need to stop doing this. Yes, search field is there......yes, maybe some should learn to use it.....but honestly? I see no problem with making another thread about it. Think about the numerous threads we have on ep ideas.......I can bet you at least once you have actually made a thread about something only to discover there was one. Plus, people here also frown upon digging up a thread that died out long ago.........so really, what is this OP supposed to do? In my eyes, she is dam.ned if she does and dam.ned if she doesn't use the search field. And that goes for most. Just stop trying to tell people what to do and go with the flow.
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    yeah i want more mail
  • Options
    Bear31 wrote: »

I haven't seen email on the computers in the game, only write letter if you get a pen pal.

Yeah, I would like that option then.......to write email to boss, friends, family, ect.........That would be awesome
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    Sounds like good ideas.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I like the idea of magazines in the mail, plus how about a sweepstakes that sims are automatically entered into when they order magazines? It could work like a lottery. The sweepstakes could be no bills for life or something.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    I agree, it sucks that the only thing my mailbox is used for is bills, the occasional postcard that you have to ask for, and sending gems (well getting the elements back actually.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    I think it would be cool if Sims received birthday cards in the mail from family or friends when they age up. I like the other ideas as well. Hopefully some of them will be implemented :)
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    I wish we had newspapers again :(
    Those could serve as a way of story progression to let us know who's doing what....
    I need my mail and newspapers :\
  • Options
    HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    Can we get someone sexier to deliver the mail too, please? :)

5x7sd4.jpg
  • Options
    DDOAndoraDDOAndora Posts: 245 Member

You mean like all your spam when there is already a 'what foods do you want' thread and you make a new one saying we need sushi? Or when people post long picture threads and you don't think that's good enough or something and posts a new picture thread in All CAPS to draw people to yours or something? Or when others are already giving feed back of why the TS4 is too different in my thread and you make another thread saying what needs to be changed? Like how many of those do you have going at the moment? I can count at least three or four dealing with what people would consider spam since there are already threads talking about careers and or aspirations and why they don't like them and how they wanted them changed. And there is already the Gurus threads asking for feedback but that's not good enough you gotta post yet another thread to ask people to POST HERE lol....really Selena anyone with eyes at all and half a brain can see what you are doing. No offense but I don't think I am the actual spammer here. Count how many threads I have actually made in the last month to yours....give me a break.

Do not let her win. This is about getting you banned. If you let it go then it makes you look like the better person and leaves her looking ugly and mean. If you feel she is baiting you report it and move on.

On topic better mail would be a great start. Seed catalogs are my winter treat. I love to get them when its cold, dark and icy out side. Maybe then could offer rare and wonderful plants and seeds.

• Options
    DDOAndora wrote: »

Do not let her win. This is about getting you banned. If you let it go then it makes you look like the better person and leaves her looking ugly and mean. If you feel she is baiting you report it and move on.

On topic better mail would be a great start. Seed catalogs are my winter treat. I love to get them when its cold, dark and icy out side. Maybe then could offer rare and wonderful plants and seeds.

I just want mail lol, I didn't mean to spam the forums but anyone can look and see I don't span with many threads all on the front page trying to get attention. I only make threads when I actually have something really bothering me or would like the gurus to check out a few ideas. If that was the case of spamming CLP would have been busted a long time, ago. Lol. I mean we all know some want more kisses and more romantic options. I just feel some here are trying to police the forums and just want their own post on the front page. Or want to win some sort of 'leader' of the week or something. I have never played the 'forum games' some refer to here, but I can see how some others might be doing just that.
  • Options
    Can we get someone sexier to deliver the mail too, please? :)

5x7sd4.jpg

LOL, yeah I would like to see more attractive Sims in my game, instead of those who are eating way too many cupcakes. ;)