Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do sims get mail?

All my sims get in the mail are bills. Do they ever get anything else, like letters?
ts4pic115_zpsddd39563.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Don't think there is anything like that. Yet.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    SimDadSimDad Posts: 523 Member
    They can receive postcards from pen pals if they ask for them.
    aTv8KCZ.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    All my sims get in the mail are bills. Do they ever get anything else, like letters?

Yes, it may be a bug though. My Sim got mail and nothing in their inventory, no bills, nothing. Don't know what it was but she got it out of the mailbox and doesn't have a pen pal or anything in family inventory. I have no idea why she got mail. The bills were already paid earlier.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    SimDad wrote: »

This, elements (if sent minerals to council) and collections completed rewards (plaques, orchid).
    And of course, a certain envelope that gets stuck in inventory. :D
  • Options
    Similly7Similly7 Posts: 188 Member
    I wouldnt mind gettin love letters like we did back in TS2, that was a nice touch.
  • Options
    I never tried that but maybe it does work.
    You can write a love letter to a sim. Try it, switch to another household and see if that sim got the letter.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    interesting.. gonna try that one out now.
    edit: i just realised that its a love EMAIL that we can write.. so it probbably wont show up in a mailbox. :D
  • Options
    :(

I dunno why I remember love letter... Early stage of Alzheimer? ;)
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    Whenever your Sims get mail, this song should play:

http://youtu.be/N1wUirNlR0U
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    My sims get postcards a LOT because they make nice décor touches here and there around the house. No love letters yet, but that's because everyone is either living with their love, or keeping it a secret ;)
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,711 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    SimDad wrote: »

This, elements (if sent minerals to council) and collections completed rewards (plaques, orchid).

I thought I was the only one who got that random envelope that got stuck! :open_mouth:
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    I would like to be able to buy parcel gifts like teddy bears, flowers, chocolates or something like that... to thank someone for a date, or something...
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    I would like to be able to buy parcel gifts like teddy bears, flowers, chocolates or something like that... to thank someone for a date, or something...

i would like to be able to buy SOMETHING.. anything.
    its so borring to have no shopping of any kind, i miss those cash registers .. :(

• Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    Similly7 wrote: »

i would like to be able to buy SOMETHING.. anything.
    its so borring to have no shopping of any kind, i miss those cash registers .. :(
    I agree with you there >.<
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    I thought I was the only one who got that random envelope that got stuck! :open_mouth:
    Everyone gets it eventually, it's just some players don't care what's inside their sims' inventory so they're not aware it's there.
  • Options
    TehCookieKidTehCookieKid Posts: 110 Member
    Whenever your Sims get mail, this song should play:

http://youtu.be/N1wUirNlR0U

Heck. YES! Lol
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I thought the love letters were email. Can you send them through the mail also?
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yes, it may be a bug though. My Sim got mail and nothing in their inventory, no bills, nothing. Don't know what it was but she got it out of the mailbox and doesn't have a pen pal or anything in family inventory. I have no idea why she got mail. The bills were already paid earlier.
    That happened to me once as well. They'll probably fix that in an update.
  • Options
    Similly7 wrote: »
    interesting.. gonna try that one out now.
    edit: i just realised that its a love EMAIL that we can write.. so it probbably wont show up in a mailbox. :D

I did see the option for the love email, but it didn't do anything when I tried it. :disappointed:
  • Options
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Lol I also recall having the weird issue with the random envelope stuck in my sim's inventory back in TS3. It always happened when I sent the sims on vacation; they used to come back with it. Odd that the issue carried over into TS4. XD
  • Options
    I thought the love letters were email. Can you send them through the mail also?

I don't think so, but I haven't tried doing it.
  • Options
    SelenaGrey wrote: »

Lol I guess not everyone loves Steve. Haha that Grumpy Cat meme made my morning, though! XD