Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Curved Fences??

Ok, I don't know if I'm being really dim here or if it's NOT the fences that you can curve and instead something else, but how do you create curved fences? I disabled my tutorial via the origin launcher before I even started up the game, so maybe I missed something. :\

Comments

• Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    im wondering this as well
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    hannahpracticehannahpractice Posts: 103 Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've been googling like crazy to no avail. :(
  • Options
    Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    I would like to know this as well. The build mode has almost changed completely, maybe like 75% of it is different. I'm confused on the roofs as well, I'm not sure how you add those edges to the roof so it doesn't look like it doesn't cover all of the house, if you get what I mean. Anyone versed in Sims 4 Build Mode would be very welcome here!!
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • Options
    modernlifemodernlife Posts: 111 Member
    I think there's a curved deck option. Maybe you have to place that first and then the fence will fit round the curved edge? Only a guess mind as I've not tried it.
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    i tried the curved deck but it's move diagonal curves than smooth curves
    i know i've seen smooth curved decks/fences before
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    Just looked for a curved deck, can't find it anywhere. Checked all the Build Mode lessons too but nope, nothing about curved fences. Confused.
  • Options
    @hannahpractice In Build Mode, go to the walls and rooms section, you should see options for curved foundations and decks. Plop down a room with a curved fence and replace it with the fence you desire. I hope that helps.

@Lizziemay12 You should find roof trimming options directly under the roofing options in magazine view. Hope that helps too.
  • Options
    Yay I found it! It's under wall tools, it looks diagonal until you plop it down and press elsewhere in the world to get rid of the grey stuff around it. I can't post pictures for some reason otherwise I would.
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    I'm not in game right now but look in foundations and see if it is there.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    @hannahpractice In Build Mode, go to the walls and rooms section, you should see options for curved foundations and decks. Plop down a room with a curved fence and replace it with the fence you desire. I hope that helps.

@Lizziemay12 You should find roof trimming options directly under the roofing options in magazine view. Hope that helps too.

Hello. I've seen that but I'm not sure how it works? It keeps saying something about the wall not being high enough or having needed a wall above or something? Thanks for the help any way :)
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • Options
    mysta57mysta57 Posts: 2 New Member
    Simified has a tutorial on youtube. Hope that helps :smile:
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Note: Can't drag/draw the fence/wall on those curved decks or rooms. Have to click on auto fence/wall.
  • Options
    SkellySpadesSkellySpades Posts: 328 Member
    I'm still confused as to why we don't have curved/spiral staircases...
  • Options
    101Gamer101Gamer Posts: 131 Member
    Use curved foundation.
    The Sims 4 is about Emotions and reduced CPU power consumption. Right?
    Also, complete agree with this.
  • Options
    MiyacaMiyaca Posts: 576 Member
    I'm still confused as to why we don't have curved/spiral staircases...

guess it will be added in the next EP or GP.
  • Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    I hope we get curved walls at some point
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    there are NO curved walls or fences or decks, etc. - you have diagonal lines only
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    there are NO curved walls or fences or decks, etc. - you have diagonal lines only

That's not true. There is curved foundation specifically for curved decks. If you use auto-fence, it will put curved fence on it. However, curved fence cannot be manually placed anywhere. There are also no curved walls.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Lay down one of the curved decks and increase the foundation size if need be. Then select one of the walls, a little box should pop up that says draw fence. If you don't get it, try clicking the wall again

It will draw a default fence and then you can select the fence style from the fences category
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison