Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now i'm worry about SIMS future.

Comments

• Options
    daltondougdaltondoug Posts: 618 Member
    It's time to separate the gamers from those that just play a hour or so.Time for the Sims join those of us that have a system that handle a open world.

My system can more than handle the open world... and I still hated it. I've been playing this game since the very first Sims game. I definitely don't play for just an hour or so. Well I didn't until The Sims 3. It was the least enjoyable of the series. It wasn't until the very last of the EPs came out that I finally found myself somewhat enjoying playing the game. But the open world just never appealed to me from the very beginning and the implementation of it was even less enjoyable. You're not more a simmer because you enjoyed an open world more than other people did. We all like this game for different reasons.

it's kinda of hard to see someone defending open world as a core feature of the series, when that just became a thing in sims 3. I've been playing since sims 1(not that this makes me special, lol) and open world was never an issue.
  • Options
    salivacocktailsalivacocktail Posts: 552 Member
    daltondoug wrote: »
    People are, once again, using what grant said out of context. 1- he said it in a jokingly tone. Everyone on the thread were joking, and so was he. He was also answering this to a hater, who was a bit agressive towards him.
    2- He didn't imply sims 5 wouldn't happen nor anything. He just stated this as a response to someone who was agressive, and he did it in a jokingly tone. It may not have been the best answer to be given, but I do think that quoting him like that is a disrespect to the man. Y guys should search more before making posts like this one
    3- the sims is the best selling franchise ever. I'm not making assumptions on this one or anything. It's a fact, based on statistics. It'll hardly shut down, because it's easy to do and sell horribly well.

@daltondoug Actually, the Sims is not the best-selling franchise according to the Guinness Book of World Records. The Super Mario series is.
    You+do+know+some+places+can+t+get+faster+internet+right+_773c6da37639bd7553d3bba0f1f6d961.png
    Source: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records-7000/best-selling-videogame-series-of-all-time/

The shinbone is a device made for finding furniture in a dark room.
    My Website: salivacocktail.weebly.com
    My Pinterest: pinterest.com/salivacocktail

• Options
    Ah, really? I even had a post about that. I'm sorry, then. Seems my information was incorrect.
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    sims 4 appeals to the majority of players that didn't like open world. A lot of them didn't.

Actually the open world could of worked, if it didn't lag like crazy. What was going on was the create-a-style I believe, as well as the size of the textures and amount of textures there were in sims 3. Too much graphical load to load stuff efficiently. And unfortunately, there is no fix for sims 3's problems, without stripping the create-a-style out and lowering the quality of the textures themselves. That's not going to happen.

Sims 4 though, made neighborhoods smaller, each lot has its own load screen so the interior furnatures of those homes aren't also loading. The result is a game that literally can run circles around sims 3 while it is still trying to get to the main menu. I have no doubt at all that toddlers and pools will be added in. As for a store. I'm not entirely sure on that. Even if there is a premium service available, I'm not going to take advantage of it.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    nilanius wrote: »
    sims 4 appeals to the majority of players that didn't like open world. A lot of them didn't.

Actually the open world could of worked, if it didn't lag like crazy. What was going on was the create-a-style I believe, as well as the size of the textures and amount of textures there were in sims 3. Too much graphical load to load stuff efficiently. And unfortunately, there is no fix for sims 3's problems, without stripping the create-a-style out and lowering the quality of the textures themselves. That's not going to happen.

Sims 4 though, made neighborhoods smaller, each lot has its own load screen so the interior furnatures of those homes aren't also loading. The result is a game that literally can run circles around sims 3 while it is still trying to get to the main menu. I have no doubt at all that toddlers and pools will be added in. As for a store. I'm not entirely sure on that. Even if there is a premium service available, I'm not going to take advantage of it.

.... I always get a bit sad remembering sims 3. It had so many cool stuff; even if the gameplay wasn't so much my style, there was still things I wanted to play. I know where you are getting into. I never liked the store either; dunno if'll use it for 4. Guess time will tell; I do like the game running smoother, tough
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Larium1 wrote: »
    All this negativity comes from angry fans. FANS! They are interested in the product, which is the hardest part. The market is right there. If they develop the right product THE FANS WANT and it is worth the asking price, it will sell.
    The devs are the ones that will probably be laid off. Maybe he meant there won't be a sims 5 with him in the project.

This IS the right product. And I hope there's more growth and that the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and whiners don't ruin it for us that love it.
    This might be the right product for YOU... But a lot of other people are upset with how Sims 4 turned out...

We'll see. I will bet (right now) that the majority love this game in the long run.

Sure people will be happier in the long run when they have to buy an EP to get the stuff back that should have come in the base game.....
    He/Him
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    A few expansions from now nobody will remember why they were complaining. Features disappeared in Sims 2, and Sims 3, and by the time they'd run their courses they had added a lot of stuff. It's how things have always worked in this game.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    All this negativity comes from angry fans. FANS! They are interested in the product, which is the hardest part. The market is right there. If they develop the right product THE FANS WANT and it is worth the asking price, it will sell.
    The devs are the ones that will probably be laid off. Maybe he meant there won't be a sims 5 with him in the project.

This IS the right product. And I hope there's more growth and that the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and whiners don't ruin it for us that love it.
    This might be the right product for YOU... But a lot of other people are upset with how Sims 4 turned out...

We'll see. I will bet (right now) that the majority love this game in the long run.

Sure people will be happier in the long run when they have to buy an EP to get the stuff back that should have come in the base game.....

What should have come in the base game?

Pools? They've already told you there was issues with routing on other levels. do you want your sim stuck underground by the hot tub mechanics again? Haven't we been there and done that already? Let them work on this game the way they understand it can be.

Toddlers? Same thing. You prefer your mom and dad meeting up with toddler outside in the snow to pick them up to put them to bed? Or you prefer your toddler crying at the top of the stairs whilst mom and dad stomp their feet and wave their hands and can't find a way to pick up baby to put them to bed or feed them?

Me? I want none of that. I want a solid base where those kinds of things can't happen. And if it takes them time to bring it back "properly", then I will wait. And IF it cant come back properly, then I don't want it. Don't give me some 1/2 🐸🐸🐸🐸 excuse of pools or toddlers. If it doesn't, and can't work, don't offer them to me.
  • Options
    SimKynaSimKyna Posts: 26 New Member
    As someone who played TS1 when it had no expansions, I think each version of the game takes about 3 EPs before it works really well as a game.

For TS1 that was the Hot Date expansion (after House Party & Living Large)
    For TS2 that was Open For Business (after University & NightLife)
    For TS3 that was Late Night (after World Adventures & Ambitions)

It's a little unfair to judge a base game against games that had a full range of EPs & SPs.

Having been through the switch to a new base game before, I know that it may not be until the third EP that the game REALLY clicks with me. TS3 didn't until that point. Up until then, I was just as likely to find myself playing TS2 as I was to find myself playing TS3.

I'm finding TS4 base game more enjoyable than TS3 base game, so it won't be hard for me to stick with it, and given the franchise's track record of improving with each EP I expect it to be worth it in the long run.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member

What should have come in the base game?

Pools? They've already told you there was issues with routing on other levels. do you want your sim stuck underground by the hot tub mechanics again? Haven't we been there and done that already? Let them work on this game the way they understand it can be.

Toddlers? Same thing. You prefer your mom and dad meeting up with toddler outside in the snow to pick them up to put them to bed? Or you prefer your toddler crying at the top of the stairs whilst mom and dad stomp their feet and wave their hands and can't find a way to pick up baby to put them to bed or feed them?

Me? I want none of that. I want a solid base where those kinds of things can't happen. And if it takes them time to bring it back "properly", then I will wait. And IF it cant come back properly, then I don't want it. Don't give me some 1/2 🐸🐸🐸🐸 excuse of pools or toddlers. If it doesn't, and can't work, don't offer them to me.
    Didn't they say these sims were so smart it's weird??? They should be able to fix the problems sims 3 had....

He/Him
  • Options
    Larium1Larium1 Posts: 71 Member
    @MonkeeGoddess "My system can more than handle the open world... and I still hated it."

Then why did you buy the game if you knew the core aspect was open world?! :/ Who does that? Lol! Buying the game means supporting it. It's like if people who love open world and can't live without it go and buy The Sims 4. xD
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    The Sims Franchise won't disappear if TS5 is not made, it will just be TS4 this and TS4 that. Who was thinking about TS4 before it was announced as opposed to waiting for the latest TS3 EP or downloading the latest 3t2 CC for TS2? Really, by the time TS5 comes out, no one will even want it because they will be so wrapped up in whatever version the Sims that they are playing. Then everything will drop and everyone will speculate, gush, complain, and most importantly stop playing the games they love just to wait for the arrival of the new game. Then after much celebrating or cursing, we'll all go back into the same routine. Some people will move on, some people will return to their favourite versions.

I don't want EA to start working on TS5 now. I want them to start the TS5 project in 2-6 years because I anticipate games better utilising VR technology... Imagine the EPs then... B)

• Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    lexxsims wrote: »
    Do you imagine a world without SIMS ? omg, that would be so sad!
    "The best company of america" (two years consecutive) already killed simcity, now i'm worry it happens with sims :(
    Sims is one of my favorite game ever, but im really worry about what GRANT said.
    fptpgtrant.png

I think they're worried about sims 4 it success.... I hope sims don't die.....

I would worry about it. The very moment that he was asked if he was serious, he backed down and said that he was not. It seems a lot of folks are forgetting that part of the conversation. He was NOT speaking for the company, he was just speaking. Please, save your worries for more important things.
  • Options
    MonkeeGoddessMonkeeGoddess Posts: 315 Member
    edited September 2014
    @MonkeeGoddess "My system can more than handle the open world... and I still hated it."

Then why did you buy the game if you knew the core aspect was open world?! :/ Who does that? Lol! Buying the game means supporting it. It's like if people who love open world and can't live without it go and buy The Sims 4. xD

@Larium1
    I bought it because I was hoping that it would eventually grow on me. It did not. Because it was laggy and terrible and I had a computer that was more than good enough at the time. And I did. I still hate the idea of it but I found that the game was a lot more enjoyable once there were a few more EPs, not to mention a more sophisticated story progression through mods. And just because I hated the open world system didn't mean that I didn't enjoy other aspects of the game. Like I've said, I've played The Sims since the very first game. There really isn't a lot at this point in time that would stop me from playing the game. Even that horridly implemented open world.
    The desert is calling.
    The emptiness of space.
    The hunger of a lion
    Is written on your face.
    A maniac's new love song.
    Destruction is his game.
    I need a new direction,
    Cause I have lost my way.

• Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member

For YOU it might be. And as to "🐸🐸🐸🐸 and whiners"?

If it wasn't for them the bugs in this game wouldn't be reported and fixed.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    SuRihtanil wrote: »
    Well EA isn't trying very hard to make the sims 4 successful.

It isn't rock science figuring out what a consumer wants. You're selling someone a product? Figure out what product is best for your consumers. Its like HELLO EA!?? We simmers are over here! Why are you over there? That isn't the people who buy your sims games! So EA step over here and speak with the community and we will tell you want we the consumers want to see in our product we purchase from you.

EA's problem is EA thinks they know best whats good for the sims series... WRONG! EA I am the sims and I have been since feb 2000. So EA next time you decide you think you know whats best for me? Please don't think... you insult me, ask me and I will explain. That goes for the other thousands of simmers on this forum. Try asking us what we want and then we will buy in bulk. You make money, we get what WE want... life is good for everyone. Then you can also make sims 5 in the future.

To screw us fans and not make what we want is you EA screwing your wallet. We have a voice and we seem to be able to use it well. LOL

200.gif

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member

I agree with this. I think Sims 4 appeals more to players who considered Sims 2 superior to Sims 3.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options

I agree with this. I think Sims 4 appeals more to players who considered Sims 2 superior to Sims 3.

I went back to Sims2 after playing Sims3. Sims4 IS more like S2 to be sure, but while I can certainly say S4 is better IMHO to S3, it really and truly is missing some fundamental elements of the game that even Sims2 had.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member

Yeah, for me, Sims 2 was a really fun game. Sims definitely had emotions in it. And I loved that they actually got into the cars, pulled out of the driveways and went somewhere. I also loved the changing tables for babies and toddlers. The only thing that I didn't like, was how easy the world could get corrupted and unplayable. That was the only reason I went to sims 3. And sims 3, I missed most of the features of sims 2. And always irked me that sims didn't actually get into their vehicles, they just poofed into them on the road. And then the textures not loading as the sim traveled, or if I moved my camera from the sim home to the store to send the sim there, would take forever to load.

So for me, Sims 4 is like the sims 2 base game, with sims 3 features. It definitely is way more stable than the last sims 2 game I played. My sims in 2 kept crashing in open for business. I loved the sim customization in sims 3, and the build tools of sims 3, but loved the gameplay of sims 2. So Sims 4 definitely took the best of those and merged them. Yeah no pools or toddlers stink, but I'd rather they be done right, and not half-baked.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    ledfut360ledfut360 Posts: 83 Member
    I never really got into Sims 3 at all. When I thought of the hours of work that people had put into making Sims 2 creations, I couldn't make the jump to S3. Right up until this game was released, I still ran S2 and had my sims going through university and into the "real" world. If they continued to improve on Sims 4 and never brought out a 5, I would not cry. Improvements could be made via updates without having to toss the old version aside and buy all new EPs. Second Life as done this for roughly 10 years before finally having to throw in the towel and start fresh.
  • Options
    The Sims community (and the Internet at large) I think is just being negative and quick to jump to conclusions. The Sims 4 is really popular right now (it's in the top 5 most watched games on Twitch right now), and will very likely be a long-term success as the community calms down and new content is added (free or paid).
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2014
    nilanius wrote: »

The only worlds that lag on my computer are Isla Paradiso and Shang Simla (for the last one I found a solution: no more lag; the first one is slow sometimes but not unplayable).
    Sometimes it takes a few seconds to load patterns, most of the time they're there right away.

I can understand it will be frustrating if the game doesn't work properly on your computer, but when it does it's nothing more than an amazing game. You can't blame the pond you're fishing in for not catching any carps when you use a branch and a rope for a fishing rod.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    dnmartyndnmartyn Posts: 282 Member
    It's time to separate the gamers from those that just play a hour or so.Time for the Sims join those of us that have a system that handle a open world.

Whoah....holy flashback to WOW forums, batman.

"They're ruining the game for serious players by catering to casual players!"

Thanks for the memories, buddy! Cheers!
  • Options
    Snick3Snick3 Posts: 72 Member
    sims 4 will be fine.. for every person who hates it theres at least 3 that love it.. despite some issues its my favorite sims game of them all.

Actually based on polls through multiple websites and reviewers that are not suckling at the teet of EA its split 50/50. Still probably enough for Sims 4 to be moderately successful but not as successful as TS3. In which case they will have to make a decision which will of course be to make more money. Cause when it comes down to it people higher up the food chain at EA will tell them to make the game, because it makes money.
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    I don't take Grant's comment as a warning...just simple business sense. The focus right now is on Sims 4, promoting it, and making it successful. And that's how it should be...isn't it?