Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now i'm worry about SIMS future.

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    sims 4 will be fine.. for every person who hates it theres at least 3 that love it.. despite some issues its my favorite sims game of them all.

If going by the agrees and disagrees you got here the ratio is 1:10, for every 1 who disliked the game there are 10 others who liked it!
    And I totally agree. Even the rating thread I have done shows that the game is loved more.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Snick3Snick3 Posts: 72 Member
    The 1 star reviews on Amazon.com are also more then double that of the 5 star reviews. In fact, if you take the 1 and 2 star reviews and add them together they are more then triple the 3-5 star reviews. Its at 2.5 on Amazon right now which is about where I am.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    I see all sorts of potential for improvements for players and huge profits for EA, so I do not fear for the Sims. I believe the group of players who are sad about Sims 4 will either change their minds or be replaced by new fans who don't know what was to be sad about anyways.

I mean no disrespect to those who are sad, that's their right to feel that way and their feelings matter, but wont make a difference in the whole grand scheme. Some random person who loves a random game that puts out a junky new version that makes them cry and rage quit will soon become a Sims fan, while the ex-Sims fan goes and falls in love with that game the other person dumped.

This is how the gaming industry actually works.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Snick3 wrote: »
    The 1 star reviews on Amazon.com are also more then double that of the 5 star reviews. In fact, if you take the 1 and 2 star reviews and add them together they are more then triple the 3-5 star reviews. Its at 2.5 on Amazon right now which is about where I am.

Sure, but you are basing this on user metrics, which is a measurement that is nebulous at best. Amazon is a bit better since they can track people who at least BOUGHT the game and are reviewing it but whether it's Amazon or Metacritic, there is a startlingly low quality to user scores. People will simply play an hour or two, hate it for something and drop a 0 or 1. In the other end is the user who blindly posts a "top" score either to spite the low scores or because they are being too blinded by the good things to at least be fair in their review to consider what flaws may exist.

Add on to this the amount of people who don't come to the forums or go to post reviews who are generally the ones happily plunking away in game and it can be really hard to definitively answer "Is it bombing or succeeding" until the company posts the sales numbers.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I want a Sims 5 game to exist because The Sims is the only game that has accompanied me through my late childhood and early teenage years to -now- young adulthood. It has become a part of me in a way, a piece of my daily routine. I play to escape from the stress of university and work, to tell stories, to pretend I am the Sim I'm playing... I really can't imagine my life without the progression of The Sims... Yes, I play other games as well and indulge in many other activities apart from gaming, but The Sims hold a really special place in my heart. :(
  • Options
    angie0o0angie0o0 Posts: 103 Member
    > @fullspiral said:
    > Larium1 wrote: »
    >
    > All this negativity comes from angry fans. FANS! They are interested in the product, which is the hardest part. The market is right there. If they develop the right product THE FANS WANT and it is worth the asking price, it will sell.
    > The devs are the ones that will probably be laid off. Maybe he meant there won't be a sims 5 with him in the project.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This IS the right product. And I hope there's more growth and that the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and whiners don't ruin it for us that love it.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 and whiners? Oh, you must mean yourself.
  • Options
    clairebear182clairebear182 Posts: 14 New Member
    Me too.
  • Options
    Light314Light314 Posts: 21 New Member
    I apologize for coming into this thread late as I have been working. I'm not here to talk about the future of The Sims, I believe there is a larger issue that needs to be addressed for the sake of the future of humanity.

I would like to speak directly to all those that responded @lexxsims in regards to their "The best company of america" comment by telling them to go google it:

Kindly please step away from your computers, as I believe googling may be part of the problem. Then go find yourselves a genuine old fashioned paper dictionary (I, myself, like The Oxford Paperback Dictionary), open up to the letter "S" and, for the love of god, look up the word "sarcasm".

Thank you.

This constitutes my good deed for the day. Happy Simming, whatever game iteration you are choosing to play.

Cheers.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Light314 wrote: »
    I apologize for coming into this thread late as I have been working. I'm not here to talk about the future of The Sims, I believe there is a larger issue that needs to be addressed for the sake of the future of humanity.

I would like to speak directly to all those that responded @lexxsims in regards to their "The best company of america" comment by telling them to go google it:

Kindly please step away from your computers, as I believe googling may be part of the problem. Then go find yourselves a genuine old fashioned paper dictionary (I, myself, like The Oxford Paperback Dictionary), open up to the letter "S" and, for the love of god, look up the word "sarcasm".

Thank you.

This constitutes my good deed for the day. Happy Simming, whatever game iteration you are choosing to play.

Cheers.

Like nobody knows what sarcasm is .
  • Options
    Light314Light314 Posts: 21 New Member
    Light314 wrote: »

Thank you.

Cheers.

Like nobody knows what sarcasm is .

Uh, yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and let your comment speak for itself.

When you have more than one person responding with something akin to "duh, hey wait a minnit, EA isn't the best company in america, they were voted worst, you should look that up. Please tell me about da bunny rabbits again, George" then there's clearly a problem with society somewhere and while it's not my job to police such matters, I would be remiss if I did absolutely nothing.

I hope I'm not sounding rude or condescending, just trying to add a little levity cause, y'know what, for a forum about a game, a lot of people 'round these parts need to lighten up.

I'd give more thoughts about the game but I have not tried it and I'm not optimistic about it however I fully intend to give it a fair chance once it's down to a price that I feel is more in line with what it's worth.

...although it will be awhile before I find it for 10 bucks so maybe a kindly hater can send me the copy they won't be using anymore. *ba dum bump* :D
  • Options
    Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    lexxsims wrote: »

I think they're worried about sims 4 it success.... I hope sims don't die.....

They're not worried about it's success.
    But on the off chance that Sims 4 doesn't succeed, they'd have no reason to make a Sims 5.