Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amazon

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i didn't order the game through amazon just the colletors guide but according to what i read i should have it tuesday.
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    Whenever I order things from Amazon i usually get them on Friday, but considering that I'm not buying from other users and that Dallas is a few hour drive from my town (Thats were they have their warehouse) I should probably get my copy a day after the release day or Thursday. :D
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I was told in the UK anyway that if I pay for express postage when pre-ordering I will receive the physical game/disc on the same day of release :D
  • Options
    carla70carla70 Posts: 575 Member
    I really hope the holiday doesn't cause problems with Sept 2nd delivery.
  • Options
    JamieWentz21JamieWentz21 Posts: 196 Member
    I'm checking my account to see when they charge me. Once they charge me I know they are shipping, it has to be today or tomorrow to fulfill the guarenteed delivery of Sept 2 because of the holiday. The sooner they send them out the less in shipping costs they spend!
  • Options
    Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    You will still need to use origin and you may not be able to install until release day
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    It states it will be get here by Tuesday guarantee, so I'd see about that. It has not been shipped yet, but probably tomorrow or Sat.
  • Options
    I know I might not be able to play but I can install it and be ready at midnight as the people who digitally ordered it can. Plus I can't wait to look at the Creator's Book and Prima Guide that I also ordered. If it gets delivered Tuesday I won't get to even start installing until later that night :(
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Gillie wrote: »
    About two or three years ago Amazon used to have release day delivery for video games for an extra dollar. The packages did come to my door on time and in good condition. I guess they got rid of it to promote their Amazon Prime.
    Evalen wrote: »
    This is the first time I have pre-ordered a game.

Did you choose Two-Day Shipping or Free Shipping at checkout? Since I'm no longer a Prime member I always go the free route. I've had stuff come as early as three days from an order placed. Usually I give it two weeks tops.
    this is what it says

Pre-ordered
    Guaranteed delivery by: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 by 8:00pm

I ordered 1 day shipping and it was free.
    the Prima Guide is the same
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Rawla wrote: »
    I preordered TS4 through Amazon. It's my first time using them to order a Sims game. I'm rather excited to see how it goes. If it is brought by UPS I'll probably get it in the evening. If through the postal mail, then I'll get it in the morning. I hope it comes by postal mail. :)

If it comes by UPS then I will get it between 9:30 am and 10 am. If it comes by mail I will get it between 10:30 am 11 am. I guess it does not matter.

• Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    I ordered through Amazon Prime so I should get it released day here in the UK.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    IDK about other places, but here amazon actually pays UPS to deliver on holidays and after hours. So its possible to get it pretty late in the day too. Amazon is serious business about its guarantee.
  • Options
    IDK about other places, but here amazon actually pays UPS to deliver on holidays and after hours. So its possible to get it pretty late in the day too. Amazon is serious business about its guarantee.

Where do you live? Our UPS is closed Saturday so If I order something with amazon and my prime shipping they use FedEx if It needs to be Saturday delivery
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Tuesday is a work day for me, so it only matters that it be delivered by the time I'm finished with dinner.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Depending on the shipping method you chose, you should get it Tuesday. Remember they have until 9pm to deliver. My delivery guys usually come in the morning, so I'll be at work, but I'm off the next two days so I can enjoy TS4!
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    ashley247ashley247 Posts: 74 Member
    I ordered the game from Amazon and my order says guaranteed delivery date of Sept. 2nd. But I'm worried that my local UPS warehouse will be backed up with package deliveries from being closed Monday and may not get the game until the next day or so. It has happened to me before because of a holiday.
  • Options
    blam987blam987 Posts: 462 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    Everybody but me will probably get it that week. Mine will be glued to a snail riding a turtle.

Lol that's how I feel about everything! I always have the worse luck! everyone gets it the same day or week and mine is coming like next week. UGH
    oa8abb.gif
  • Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    edited August 2014
    In the past it's always come either on release day or just before. I preordered a couple of months ago and I was pleased to see the price had gone down to £33 today, which has been adjusted on my preorder as well so even if it goes up by next Friday I still only pay that much. That's why I love Amazon for preorders! :smile: I actually think £33 is quite reasonable for a base game, I think I paid £40 for TS3 when it came out and most PS3/XBOX games are £50+ these days.

Edit: For those wondering, the price has gone back up to £38 now, but it's still only £33 if you already preordered.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member

Where do you live? Our UPS is closed Saturday so If I order something with amazon and my prime shipping they use FedEx if It needs to be Saturday delivery

WA State, USA. It helps to live in the state of its main headquarters. Maybe it was fedex? Not sure all I know is I got a package at like 7pm on a holiday this year and I asked about it. He said that amazon pays them to deliver anyways.

• Options
    My order for the Premium edition and Prima guide still haven't shipped from Amazon but it still guarentees my sept 2 delivery
  • Options
    lym81lym81 Posts: 341 Member
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    I remember when I pre-ordered the last Harry Potter book from Amazon. It arrived early on the day of release, but the package had a sticker notice on it to UPS telling them not to deliver it before the release date. I wonder if something similar will happen with TS4?

It won't matter if the game gets delivered early because it won't work until release day anyway.

• Options
    carla70carla70 Posts: 575 Member
    I have had Amazon hold my game an extra day because they wanted to tie in a extra item in packaging that I ordered. I was irate to say the least.
  • Options
    lym81 wrote: »
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    I remember when I pre-ordered the last Harry Potter book from Amazon. It arrived early on the day of release, but the package had a sticker notice on it to UPS telling them not to deliver it before the release date. I wonder if something similar will happen with TS4?

It won't matter if the game gets delivered early because it won't work until release day anyway.

No I can't play the game but I can look at the guide and creators book
  • Options
    Oh and I can play at midnight as the digital orders would
  • Options
    BashBash Posts: 4 New Member
    Waiting patiently for my game and Prima guide to ship out from Amazon. No movement yet, still in PreOrder status but I trust Amazon, they always get my packages to me when they say they will.