Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amazon

Based on past releases of any game when do you think amazon will ship the game and the guide? I got Into the Future 2 days before release

Comments

• Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Amazon normally ship it 3days before to guarantee you get it on release. :)
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    Everybody but me will probably get it that week. Mine will be glued to a snail riding a turtle.

I tend to get mine by overnight frog!

• Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    I pre ordered both the game and Prima guide at Amazon too.
  • Options
    JamieWentz21JamieWentz21 Posts: 196 Member
    I do know that they charge you when they are shipping so look at your bank account before waiting for an email, we will know faster that way. I'll post here when mine ships
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    Maybe you'll get lucky and receive it early again. I had my copy of Mass effect 2 delivered to my door the day before it released - it happens!
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    I've had books delivered before the official release date. If I get the game early then 'BOOM-SHANKA'!
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    I hope they ship the guide early. I really want to read the entire thing before I play.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    SophieClaire_8SophieClaire_8 Posts: 145 Member
    In the past I have always received games on their release date when ordering from Amazon
    Origin ID: SophieClaire_8
    Tumblr: sophieclaire8-blog.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I place all my pre-orders with Amazon and in the past they have always arrived on release day. This time we have Labor Day on Monday and it's a holiday that UPS observes so I'm not sure what might happen.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    JamieWentz21JamieWentz21 Posts: 196 Member
    I bet it will arrive at ups on Saturday and sit there until Tuesday
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Mine is guaranteed by Amazon to arrive on 9/2. I just hope it is early in the day and not the last delivery of the day.....

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited August 2014
    I remember when I pre-ordered the last Harry Potter book from Amazon. It arrived early on the day of release, but the package had a sticker notice on it to UPS telling them not to deliver it before the release date. I wonder if something similar will happen with TS4?

Of course, that situation was altogether different. I imagine J.K. Rowling having a fit if the ending ever got published prior to release date. And the publisher was probably pretty concerned, too. Sims 4 isn't in that same situation.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I had to book the day off. This is a delivery I don't want to miss. I figure I'll spend the time doing yard work until I see the UPS truck.
  • Options
    AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    Well I broke down and did the Amazon Prime free trial so I could get free Two day shipping that was offered to get it by the Sept 2 release!

I def will not complain if I get it a day early! :D
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    Everybody but me will probably get it that week. Mine will be glued to a snail riding a turtle.
    http://youtu.be/wgqb9Gut6bE
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    This is the first time I have pre-ordered a game. I am concerned about the Holiday being Monday. The thing is I live in a small town, so what usually happens with small packages, is UPS drops them off at the Post Office and then the Post Office delivers them.
    So if the post office gets it say Sat. then I am not too worried, but it they do not get it until Tues I am not sure. If the Post Office is not open Monday, then what.
    Oh well either way, I will get it. somehow or someday.
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 640 Member
    I am hoping the game will be delivered early Tuesday.
    Check out my Tiktok channel where I create casual, variety gaming videos including content about the Sims 4! Tiktok
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    I remember when I pre-ordered the last Harry Potter book from Amazon. It arrived early on the day of release, but the package had a sticker notice on it to UPS telling them not to deliver it before the release date. I wonder if something similar will happen with TS4?

Of course, that situation was altogether different. I imagine J.K. Rowling having a fit if the ending ever got published prior to release date. And the publisher was probably pretty concerned, too. Sims 4 isn't in that same situation.

i once ordered a hp book through amazon because they garunteed if i didn't get it on release day it was free. i didn't so my mom only had to pay for the shiping.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    BreeSasha wrote: »

Me too. But not too early, because I sleep like a log.
  • Options
    JPG619JPG619 Posts: 460 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    This is the first time I have pre-ordered a game. I am concerned about the Holiday being Monday. The thing is I live in a small town, so what usually happens with small packages, is UPS drops them off at the Post Office and then the Post Office delivers them.
    So if the post office gets it say Sat. then I am not too worried, but it they do not get it until Tues I am not sure. If the Post Office is not open Monday, then what.
    Oh well either way, I will get it. somehow or someday.

Yeah that what I am worried about is the holiday but then again I can't play the game on the 2nd since I work that day anyways but would be nice to have it installed before I leave for work that day then after work play a bit before bed.

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    BreeSasha wrote: »

Me too. But not too early, because I sleep like a log.

i wonder if logs actually sleep.
  • Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    About two or three years ago Amazon used to have release day delivery for video games for an extra dollar. The packages did come to my door on time and in good condition. I guess they got rid of it to promote their Amazon Prime.
    Evalen wrote: »
    This is the first time I have pre-ordered a game.

Did you choose Two-Day Shipping or Free Shipping at checkout? Since I'm no longer a Prime member I always go the free route. I've had stuff come as early as three days from an order placed. Usually I give it two weeks tops.

• Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I preordered TS4 through Amazon. It's my first time using them to order a Sims game. I'm rather excited to see how it goes. If it is brought by UPS I'll probably get it in the evening. If through the postal mail, then I'll get it in the morning. I hope it comes by postal mail. :)
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Rawla wrote: »
    I preordered TS4 through Amazon. It's my first time using them to order a Sims game. I'm rather excited to see how it goes. If it is brought by UPS I'll probably get it in the evening. If through the postal mail, then I'll get it in the morning. I hope it comes by postal mail. :)
    My Amazon purchases almost always arrive via the postal service.

Origin ID: nik24x7