The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Current DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started July 3rd

Comments

• Options
    CaySedaiSimCaySedaiSim Posts: 581 Member
    edited August 2014
    741 simpoints for the Boardwalk.

Pass.
    Member of the Own the Store Club! B)
  • Options
    musicangl1musicangl1 Posts: 51 Member
    edited August 2014
    37 seconds woo! Too spensive so I didn't buy but it was fun to watch!
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited August 2014
    I was a little less than 100 points off from the Boardwalk. Ohhh well, maybe I'll have better luck next time! haha.
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    SnugglesFairieSnugglesFairie Posts: 43 Member
    edited August 2014
    I wanted it, but I passed too. It was cheaper earlier. So I hope that the daily deals do rotate.
  • Options
    Stevie793Stevie793 Posts: 24 Member
    edited August 2014
    741 simpoints for the Boardwalk.

Pass.

I second that
  • Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited August 2014
    Woot! I got the Boardwalk!
  • Options
    janeDoe001janeDoe001 Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited August 2014
    Pokety Poke Poke :D

• Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited August 2014
    I believe it was 61% off for 741? Grats to all who got it. If someone could update the thread, that'd be great. I'm on my phone, my neighborhood just lost power and its been maybe 10 minutes since... Hope it comes back soon. :cry:
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited August 2014
    We live near an airport and we lose our internet for about 30 - 45 seconds when the radar planes fly over us. Guess when the plane decided to fly over... :? Oh, well.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    VexedVirgoVexedVirgo Posts: 51 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Boardwalk obtained! Need bakery to pop up now. :)
  • Options
    Miyra_JadeMiyra_Jade Posts: 22
    edited August 2014
    Kinda disappointed at the discount for boardwalk...buuuut I really wanted the set so I bought it anyway. xD

Also, it was stuck on 99% for like 5 minutes. That was...suspenseful.
  • Options
    MommylandMommyland Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited August 2014
    I got it I figured better get it while I can since I am not watching it to often. Soo yes 741 maybe a lot to some for me it was a good deal :D
  • Options
    VanillaPepper_VanillaPepper_ Posts: 83 Member
    edited August 2014
    I hope its up again too. I miss it :( Clicked buy like a billion times too waah congrats to those that got it
  • Options
    Fran98765Fran98765 Posts: 462 Member
    edited August 2014
    i was hoping it would be a bit cheaper but I got it too, so I'm happy!

I swear, that was the longest 99% on the luxe i've ever seen!
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited August 2014
    Wow, The Boardwalk sold out in less than 20 seconds -- I'd say around, 5-10! I missed it this time, although I thankfully didn't get Liam'd, but I'll be buying it one way or another this week, so I guess it's not so bad.

I think I might need to speak to my internet provider, because these speeds just aren't what they used to be! It IS sad to think that the only item I've ever missed from home is this elusive Boardwalk. Apparently, my ISP just doesn't want my little Simmies to have rollercoasters! :lol:

Cannot believe how long Luxe Lounge Spa sat on 99% though. That was excruciating!
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Miyra_Jade wrote:

Heck ya, that was when my ad popped I said No this is EAs way of trying to trick me in to not getting the boardwalk so figured it would have to wait.
  • Options
    DulceMellDulceMell Posts: 73 Member
    edited August 2014
    I couldn't afford to keep on watching the DD as much, so I grabbed the Boardwalk even if it was a little higher than what I wanted to pay. At least I have it now, so all good.
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    Fran98765Fran98765 Posts: 462 Member
    edited August 2014
    Mommyland wrote:
    Miyra_Jade wrote:

Heck ya, that was when my ad popped I said No this is EAs way of trying to trick me in to not getting the boardwalk so figured it would have to wait.

Me too! I kept hitting F5 on the boardwalk page when luxe got to 98%.... and ads kept popping up... ignore them self, ignore them!
  • Options
    FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited August 2014
    I too watched the Boardwalk go but didn't buy it. Need a slightly better discount.

Luxe Lounge Spa sold out early after 100 minutes.

520 ) The Boardwalk / 741 / 1900 / 61% / 2 hours
    --lasted about 30 seconds

521 ) Street Couture - Kids and Teens / 330 / 393 / 16% / 2 hours

522 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Old Town Bar Stool / 100 / % / 2 hours
    523 ) Full Hewnsman Set / / 2000 / % / hours
  • Options
    planettvplanettv Posts: 207 Member
    edited August 2014
    I actually got it this time and that Liam sim error page stayed away. Yeah now I own every venue unless of course the final thing to come to the store is a venue and I didn't care what the discount was just that there was one because I have so many simpoints and very little left to get in the store.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    kellycot1 wrote:
    Wow, The Boardwalk sold out in less than 20 seconds -- I'd say around, 5-10! I missed it this time, although I thankfully didn't get Liam'd, but I'll be buying it one way or another this week, so I guess it's not so bad.

I think I might need to speak to my internet provider, because these speeds just aren't what they used to be! It IS sad to think that the only item I've ever missed from home is this elusive Boardwalk. Apparently, my ISP just doesn't want my little Simmies to have rollercoasters! :lol:

Cannot believe how long Luxe Lounge Spa sat on 99% though. That was excruciating!

Try a different browser, Not sure why but if I use IE it is Soooooo slow but if I use firefox its faster same with chrome. So maybe a different browser will be faster for ya
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited August 2014
    Second time I missed the Boardwalk. When I saw it was coming up, I joked to my husband that he'd better not be hogging my bandwidth (he's voice chatting with family). Turns out it was only a half joke because the page loaded up for me but it wouldn't pop up with the box to confirm purchase. :?

I've already signed the stop the 30 second sellout petition but, well, they really need to stop the 30-second sellout! Especially since TS3 is coming to an end! Get our money while you can, EA.
  • Options
    ranma6899ranma6899 Posts: 336 Member
    edited August 2014
    thats stupid i was watching timmer on other set it still had 15 minutes i even reset page it didnt buge for me loose that quick wrong it didnt even pop up that board walk didnt even show up until it was gone
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited August 2014
    Luxe Lounge Spa sold out with 20 minutes left on the timer (I think). Boardwalk sold out in, say, 10 seconds. Deals are starting at 8 minutes past the hour.

Then:
    The Boardwalk / 741 / 1900 / 61% / 2 hrs

Now:
    Street Couture - Kids and Teens / 330 / 393 / 16% / 2 hrs

Next:
    Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Old Town Bar Stool / ? / 100 / % / 2 hrs
    Full Hewsnman Set / ? / 2000 / % / x hrs

Having some trouble with the forums, so I'm not sure of the deal numbers. If someone could fill them in, that'd be awesome! :)
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited August 2014
    kellycot1 wrote:

I obviously can't vouch for your internet speed, but my refresh rate was noticeably slower during that last 1% of Luxe Lounge Spa. For me at least, I'm pretty sure it was all due to the load on the store's server rather than my own internet speed. Granted, it was still quick enough that I was able to refresh the page twice before it sold out. (It was at 94% the second time I refreshed, and it claimed to have 1:59:34 left.)

I didn't get Liam'd this time around either, but I did last time. I think it's a little easier on their server when the deal before it sells out, because then it isn't quite as many people sitting in front of their computers waiting or refreshing, since some are bound to miss it. Both times that I got Liam'd while trying to refresh a deal (Boardwalk and art studio) happened when the deal before it went the full time.