Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What world are you currently playing?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited November 2013
    IreneSwift wrote:
    emma78888 wrote:
    IreneSwift wrote:
    emma78888 wrote:
    Thanks all, I really want to pick an EA world because I seem to have issues with player made worlds.

I may venture back to riverview, it is a great world.

Riverview is one of my favorites too. But currently I am playing in Bridgeport, because I just recently bought Late Night, and couldn't resist trying out the new world that was so different from any I've ever played in.

Do you find that there is a lot of lag?

In Bridgeport? I did at first, but I'm using NRaas' mods, and every sim night, I'd reset the entire town, minus my household, and remove all the taxis. That took care of it. Once I learned that the issue with Overwatch messing up kids' school chat tones was fixed, I put that back in my game, and now Overwatch does all of that automatically.

Agreed- Overwatch fixed the very old lag issue where there were too many cars/limos. I have no lag now in that town- it acts just like every other world
  • Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited November 2013
    I've just recently started playing 2 saves. I can't seem to move my primary family out of Dragon Valley for some reason. It's not the most fantastic, but I apparently like it really well. I moved the "extra" family members to Starlight Shore because one is a performer & I don't like having to remake towns to make sure all of the necessary venues are available. Now, if Simport would just work properly... :lol:
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited November 2013
    IreneSwift wrote:
    I'm currently playing Sunset Valley [Second Edition].

That one sounds good. Is it in the exchange? If not, where is it? Does it use all the EPs,meaning I might not be able to use it?

Hi Irene! The world was revised by LynaxAQ and there are several versions where he has updated the world with eps being released. This is a great world and I have it as one of my saved games. You can check the Index in the Create a World forum or look up LynaxAQ and get it from his studio. :D

I have a love affair with Grey Meadow, my most favorite world but also have games in SV, SV Sec Ed, IP, (one of the lucky ones that don't have too much lag) Midnight Hollows, Bridgeport (another favorite) and Moonlight Falls. :-)

*waves to SelahFreeAtLast* Hi honey! Hope you have a great week! Hugs.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited November 2013
    Thank you. I will check it out.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm currently playing in Appaloosa Plains which is not my favorite but I start each new legacy there then move every other generation. That way I play all the worlds I have.
  • Options
    RedSwiftie13RedSwiftie13 Posts: 478 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Sunset Valley and Moonlight Falls

(Hopefully Bridgeport and Isla Paradiso after christmas though! xD)
  • Options
    tyleytyley Posts: 83 Member
    edited November 2013
    I have games in Midnight Hollow, Dragon Valley, Appaloosa Plains, Moonlight Falls, Hidden Springs, Isla Paradiso, and Sunset Valley. I play a lot of families at once, and I switch around whenever I feel like playing a different one. I obviously play some more than others. I think this keeps things interesting.

However, I've had a hard time getting too far is Isla Paradiso because the lagging is terrible, even when I reset all objects. What "lag free" mods do you use? I currently have Master Controller, Overwatch, and Traveler.
  • Options
    emma78888emma78888 Posts: 240 Member
    edited November 2013
    It doesn't help that I am so indecisive :oops:
  • Options
    ZhalkZhalk Posts: 310 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I play currently in Riverview it's nice open farmland just like where I live!
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited November 2013
    My current hometown is Riverview, which I like because it is peaceful, pretty, and a nice, safe 'base' world. Also, I was in the mood to build some some classic, ranches, colonial farms, and Victorians. Before that I was in Isla Paradiso, which is a beautiful world with lots of fun things to do, but got a bit too laggy for me after a couple of generations.

But why restrict yourself to one world at a time? I have Nraas' Traveller installed, so I have my household vacation in lots of different worlds. So far they've been to Hiddden Springs (beautiful, lots of cosy log cabins, perfect for Snow Day), Champs Les Sims (lovely place with interesting sims to meet and fun new skills to learn, a very romantic place to get married), Al Simhara (I do enjoy tomb raiding and fishing there), Shang Simla (stunning, serene, and the home of martial arts), Bridegport (great nightlife), and Lunar Lakes (just for something different, and all the cool buildings). They're just about to head off to Sunlit Tides. I also send most of my sims to Sims University, though some study at home or abroad (using Nraas' Careers).

Here are some pictures to give you a better idea of what I love about these worlds.

Boating in Riverivew in Autumn
    AsraPietro-1.png"width=520"

Sight-seeing in Al Simhara
    9bTahiyaCamera.png"width=520"
    MariashaEgyptEat.png"width=520"
    MarishaMummy.png"width=520"
    MariashaSights.png"width=520"

View of Lunar Lakes (the orange sky is from a lighting mod)
    AsraLL.png"width=520"

A Wedding in Bridgeport
    MarcusWeddingSunset.png"width=520"
    MarcusWeddingBalcony.png"width=520"

Out on the Lake in Sims University
    AsraSamanthaBoat.png"width=520"
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited November 2013
    I was playing in BB but it's glitched. Ever have the glitch where for some reason sims will not leave the lot because they claim something is in their way...a routing issue. School bus will not even show up. And cannot even click on community lot tags to tell my sims to go there because they will not. Even if I teleport them to where they need to go and then click go home, they all route fail and get stuck.

Not sure but I think it's particularly the house/lot/island connected with the bridge that is buggy or something. Weird though because everything is fine if I have them use the hoverboards but they can't walk/run themselves. In fact this issue didn't start until some time after ITF, although it could be a coincidence.

Anyway I always wanted to go back to SV so I downloaded SV:SEAS Second Edition. Did not set anything up yet or even play yet since a couple days ago.

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    edited November 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:
    I was playing in BB but it's glitched. Ever have the glitch where for some reason sims will not leave the lot because they claim something is in their way...a routing issue. School bus will not even show up. And cannot even click on community lot tags to tell my sims to go there because they will not. Even if I teleport them to where they need to go and then click go home, they all route fail and get stuck.

Not sure but I think it's particularly the house/lot/island connected with the bridge that is buggy or something. Weird though because everything is fine if I have them use the hoverboards but they can't walk/run themselves. In fact this issue didn't start until some time after ITF, although it could be a coincidence.

Anyway I always wanted to go back to SV so I downloaded SV:SEAS Second Edition. Did not set anything up yet or even play yet since a couple days ago.

What do you mean by SV:SEAS Second Edition? Is this a SV re-make?
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    edited November 2013
    Well right now, I have a Sim at University, however his hometown is Hidden Springs.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited November 2013
    ELIROC wrote:
    Deshong04 wrote:

I guess you say that. It's created by LynxAQ

<a href="http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/380928.page">Sunset Valley (Second Edition) - SEASONS version available!
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Chalko110Chalko110 Posts: 20 Member
    edited November 2013
    I am currently playing in everything island. It has most of the expansion packs, and i love kkruthless homes which are really lovely. Usually i make my own, but i cannot resist using hers because they are just so darn cute. I also really love st claire seasons edition. This also has most expansion pack stuff in it and is just super beautiful. I really like how it has a city downtown area and a country area. The lighting she uses in the world is just phenomenal.
  • Options
    TisSaturdayAllTisSaturdayAll Posts: 109 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm currently playing in Appaloosa Plains which is not my favorite but I start each new legacy there then move every other generation. That way I play all the worlds I have.

That's such a great idea TheMomminator.

Right now I'm playing Aurora Skies working on the 2nd generation legacy. I'm playing there because I bought it a while ago and thought it was time to give it a try. The sims that come with the town are nice and I like the houses. I like that it's a little smaller too. My sims are the town surgeons there. It seems like there are a lot of spawners there too.
  • Options
    UrghUrgh Posts: 113 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I played 4 generations in Sunset Valley. The fifth gen has just been born so I have moved to Appaloosa Plains, which I've never really explored much. Will play a few gens there then move on to somewhere different- I bought Monte Vista and still haven't touched it!
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm playing in Riverview right now. But I think when the first child is born, the family will move to either Sunset Valley or Appaloosa Plains.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi :D

I did start a Legacy in Sunset Valley- working my way through all the Famous Sims. I had her marry any old Sim and then her daughter married in Mortimer.

After their daughter was old enough they moved to Riverview so she could marry Don Lothario and her daughter could marry Bob Newbie. :lol:

They we just moved to Barnacle Bay so the next heir could marry one of the Caliente sisters. :XD:

I was working my way through all the worlds in order until I could play in CAW again. That's where my fun is....

• Options
    emma78888emma78888 Posts: 240 Member
    edited November 2013
    I think I may give Aurora Skies a go... might be nice to touch worlds I have installed but never touched. I haven't ventured near Monte Vista either.
  • Options
    ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    edited November 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:
    ELIROC wrote:
    Deshong04 wrote:

I guess you say that. It's created by LynxAQ

<a href="http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/380928.page">Sunset Valley (Second Edition) - SEASONS version available!

Tks, I'll go check right now! :D
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited November 2013
    I play several saves at once so I'm playing several worlds right now.

I have three going in Midnight Hollow, one in Dragon Valley, one in Aurora Skies, one in Moonlight Falls and one in Hidden Springs which is the base for my Portal to Oasis Landing...I have the Commitment Issues trait when it comes to playing only one game! :lol:

*waves*

Hey Bshag! :D The weekend is right around the corner, woman! :thumbup:

@CK: I think I might have to give Starlight Shores another go soon, as well. I also played it only briefly before shelving it. It just seemed so 100% geared towards the new careers that I only felt like using it when I played those careers--which I never do. I think I might do a serious remodel of the town and give it another try. :D
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg