Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

August Flash Mob: Surprise Nanatorium Come Look Here!!

Comments

• Options
    NanatoriumNanatorium Posts: 3,445 Member
    edited August 2013
    samiam662 wrote:
    As promised so much earlier today, I have tried to make amends on my mistake at gifting too early by gifting our da-a-hling Nana again at the actual time I was supposed to - 8 p.m. Pacific (okay, I was five minutes late, typical me).

This time, it was just an itty-bitty hit, but it's an item I just love: The Club Vaindenberger Chair. I thought that any lady of exquisite historical tastes would appreciate its classic timelessness:

(image removed)

(Doesn't it just make you want to slip on a smoking jacket and grab the pipe, claret and something bound with leather -- oh, you, I meant a book!?)

Okay I just had to respond to this because HAHAHAHA!!! "Something bound with leather," indeed! Why, yes, "any lady of exquisite historical tastes" really WOULD appreciate that! ;)

Thank you, Sami! <3
  • Options
    Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm still catching up on alll the gifts, but I love the ones I've seen.

Nana, we don't know each other very well, but even before I got the email I knew a few things about you. You're nice, and smart, and you care about the people on this forum. I don't need to know any "personal" information about you, because those are the qualities that matter. Age, race, location, etc is just statistics - what's inside is what matters. I think you are beautiful.

I also made you a gift! Photobucket is being a silly suck and not letting me upload atm, but I think he is very handsome. His name is Levi, a western cowboy (and gentleman) born and raised, ready to start his hunt for his lady.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7562671
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited August 2013
    Ra345: Now, tha-a-a-at's my cowboy. He may be meant for Nana, but I've just stolen that bad boy from under her nose. I was the first to download him. *Happy Dance - Happy Dance* I'm a cattleman thief, fer sure. :wink:

Seriously handsome dude from the ranch, Ra345. I really have been looking for a real, tobacco-spewing, gun-slinging man for my upcoming Old West town. He's safely secured to the bin just waiting for his spaghetti western movie role. One question, though: How quick is he on the draw?

• Options
    edited August 2013
    samiam662 wrote:
    Ra345: Now, tha-a-a-at's my cowboy. He may be meant for Nana, but I've just stolen that bad boy from under her nose. I was the first to download him. *Happy Dance - Happy Dance* I'm a cattleman thief, fer sure. :wink:

Seriously handsome dude from the ranch, Ra345. I really have been looking for a real, tobacco-spewing, gun-slinging man for my upcoming Old West town. He's safely secured to the bin just waiting for his spaghetti western movie role. One question, though: How quick is he on the draw?

From my understanding, he's fast in a duel - but slow when it matters ;) lol
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited August 2013
    From my understanding, he's fast in a duel - but slow when it matters lol

Lawd, son. You're pretty fast yourself. That was a good one. :mrgreen:

Is Nana still awake, or did she faint when she saw him? I'll have to go find the smelling salts and a fan. . .
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited August 2013
    Ra345 wrote:
    samiam662 wrote:

From my understanding, he's fast in a duel - but slow when it matters ;) lol

tumblr_lic6r3nqF41qd99mho1_250.gif
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    So, after posting that..I'm starting to feel like that joke was a tad too vulgar. :oops: I apologize is anyone feels this way, it wasn't my intention to make anyone uncomfortable.
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited August 2013
    I hope you didn't interpret the gif as thinking I was offended. I was searching for laughing gifs. The initial shock in that one made it seem appropriate.
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    @sunset: Not at all (completely understood) it just isn't the type of joke I would normally post here. Children an' all :P but it also isn't too crude, so I didn't bother editing my earlier post. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    samiam662 wrote:
    Is Nana still awake, or did she faint when she saw him? I'll have to go find the smelling salts and a fan. . .

I am still awake!!! Although my heart did skip a beat for a minute there! And now I'm also nearly dying laughing as well.

Levi is... well he is ALL MAN, ain't he? Thank you so much for bestowin' such a fine gentleman upon me, Ra345. I will be sure he gets all the Tender Lovin' Care such a young buck is deservin' of. I feel a bit swoony, really. Oh lawd. :) And on a more serious note, thank you so much for your lovely words, Ra. I literally held my hand to my heart as I read what you wrote. <3
  • Options
    azara67azara67 Posts: 864 Member
    edited August 2013
    Nanatorium wrote:
    Anettesb – Haha! I can tell you were excited to get to gifting today… I love that! Thank you so much for Can’t Stop the Cool. I agree it’s a really cute hair! You’ve always been so helpful and so kind on this site, so thank you for that, too!

Azara67 – Thank you for gifting me Le Cinema Plumbob. This is not the first time you have dropped such a bomb on me! But you are always so sweet and so thoughtful. You really are an angel and we are all sooo sooo lucky to be blessed with your lovely, generous spirit and encouragement. *HUGS

Blacksheba1973 – This is not the first time you’ve hit me either, you sweet thing! It’s true we don’t know each other well and I hope we can soon remedy that! Thank you so much for Daisy Country Shirt Dress, Matoaka Dress, Falling Leaves Mobile, and Tallest Tree Clock. I understand you were busy this week… hope real life isn’t too stressful and you get at least a moment or two to relax!

Tkbluebasketball – Hey there, travelin’ man! I hope you had a great vacation! Thank you so much for your contributions to the community and for being such an honest, lovely person! Thank you also for Wilderness Dreaming. Looks like I got hit by the infamous gifter of many! ☺

Idontrcall – You… you… You noodle-head! I can’t believe you made me such a frakkin’ cool Old Western Victorian. The Banker’s House is holey-moley awesome. And you put purple in! Little, thoughtful touches like that keep making me tear up so STAHP EEETT U GUYZ!!! ;) This build is the TNT (I feel that’s the Old Western version of “da bomb” LOL)! And your presentation is all old-timey and so creatively done. I am definitely putting Tanu’s family in this home, for sure. And thank you so much for gifting me all the other stuff I didn’t have that goes with the home as well (Short Life of the Raccoon, The Black Horse's Song, Great Lakes Earthenware, Harvest Moon Drum). Hot Diggity Dog! You’re the best!

Gonna take a break from thankin' for a sec and respond to some of these lovely messages you all have been posting here, as well. I HAD A SYSTEM with this whole thing but you guys really got me good and fast and meh... it failed LOL. :D

Awwww, you are too kind and generous with your words! :oops: Really, all I wanted to do was share in the joy of celebrating YOU because you do deserve this. I have seen the good you do around here so you should be looking at yourself as an Angel. But thank you for your kind words and for all that you are and do here in GG. Congratulations on being this months honoree. It was truly well deserved. Much love and happiness to you my dear. *hugs* :D

And to Idontrcall and misteygirl, you guys did a great job in getting everyone together. I love all the creations! They're all beautiful! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    More thankies for awesome peeps!

Carmen0908 – I love Kara Stratton! She is so gorgeous so thank you so much for creating her for me. And her traits: Neat, Good, Artistic, Family-Oriented, Over-emotional… those are often the same traits I choose for many of my Sims. She looks amazing in all the pics but she looks ESPECIALLY amazing in purple because purple IS the best color! ;) Thank you so much! I hope you can resolve the issue with the other upload… but if for some reason you can’t, please know that lovely Kara is more than enough. I am ever so pleased with her!

ADWilson – What a meaningful gift, Addy! I can’t believe you went so far as to download my little lot and put them in Aurora Skies. Thank you for the nice comments about the Crunchy house, also. Tori Naan and her cat, mu, are so precious. I love love love the pic of them together! Hahaha that you somehow shoe-horned my name in there (and that it absolutely works) is amazing. You obviously put a lot of thought into their story and their traits, which I truly appreciate, and I just love them to bits! That’s so silly that Absent-Minded is incompatible with Perceptive because I definitely like to think of myself as both… so what is EA trying to say… I’m incompatible with myself!?! Although, yeah maybe not so perceptive since I had absolutely no clue any of this was going on behind my back. You sneaks!

Speaking of what I didn’t know… LOL… your gifts will be on their way to you soon as all this time I was under the impression (ahem—decoy!) that YOU were the one I was gifting today! HAHAHA! I was going to put the finishing touches on them this morning and take pics and stuff but… well you can imagine how productive I was on that front. But please look forward to it and THANK YOU!!!

Dreambluangel – I love the Fox family: Andrew, Amy, Catie, and Dexter! I very much enjoyed looking at their pics in the slideshow you linked… you have taken more than enough photos for me to feel I know them and I absolutely love them already. I imagine Dexter will be quite the lady-killer when he ages up! I have so many perfect new homes to choose from for them to live in now, as well! Thank you also for gifting me The Roaring 20s hair. You’re so generous! Thank you so much!

Cassee – Cassee… I have admired your builds for quite some time now, so I am so honored that you built a home for me. And what a home it is! It is perfectly quaint to the last detail. On Nana’s Porch… what an appropriate name. It actually reminds me quite a bit of the house where my father grew up in rural North Carolina. From what I understand, they did not have indoor plumbing or electricity in the first home they lived in, either! So this gift is very meaningful to me in so many ways and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. The only item I did not have from your build is B. Harvard's Water Collection Set. Everything else is good to go… and I will definitely be throwing the chicken coop on the lot per your suggestion! And congratulations on your Horseshoe Creek lot being featured! I hadn’t seen it yet, and yeah, another stunner by Cassee! Very much deserved, friend. <3
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi Nana! :D I am back again with another gift, was running late on it but now it's ready I want to present The Saloon Bar and Grill! :D

I heard you like the Old West, so decided to try and make you a Saloon with so much stuff to do, your sims will be there for hours! :D

It's on a 50 x 50 lot and hope you like my attempt at the Old West! :D
    It's CC free too, custard checked! :D

The Saloon Bar and Grill

Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7563049

I will put just three or four pics and there will be more later when I update my thread in CC! :D I hope you like it! :D

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

It is set as *Hangout* and is on a flat lot, so it should be able to be placed in any world, well I hope so! :) *hugs*
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited August 2013
    I heard Nana liked historical novels so I made her a Victorian Style mother and son:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7563225

Enjoy!!!:D
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited August 2013
    @tanubanue - your sims are very nice looking! :D I love the background story, they do look like a completely normal family! But you know what they always say, don't judge a boog by it's cover!! Very nice family indeed! Rec'd!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    @Idontrcall - your Old West Victorian Home looks so awesome! It looks utterly AMAZING and stunning in winter with all the snow! Brilliant home!! You've done a fantastic job with this! Rec'd!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    @Carmen0908 - Kara Stratton is a very gorgeous sim! I love her everyday outfir and the colours you used for her swim wear!!

Edit: Rec'd! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    @ADWilson - Tori is a very pretty sim and interesting sim at that!! It's awesome how she has skills already there that could be helpful and time saving! Her cat Mu is so cute! I love how it's just like a little ball on her lap when she's sitting like that in the picture :D Rec'd!
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited August 2013
    Good morning Nana and the Mobsters :).

I have just quickly scrolled through all the new amazing gifts and I will update the list soon! This thread has given me a good chuckle this morning!

Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ok, i'm just gonna do the rest in this post, saves posts and the thread will be too long XD

@dreambluangel - The fox family are a very gorgeous family! Love them, they are such cute sims! Rec'd!

@Cassee - That is a very cute lil' farm house! Very nice! Rec'd!

@Ra345 - Your sim guy Levi is a very awesome sim! Love the first picture you took looking like a real ol' western cowboy XD Rec'd!

@christinebremner - Your saloon bar looks so awesome! i love the landscaping you have done there, it looks amazing! You've done a very good job with this! Rec'd!

@Yellowjane - When i posted on the 'my pages' i didn't realize they were mother and son LOL but they look so awesome!! :D rec'd!

• Options
    xenacullenxenacullen Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited August 2013
    Idontrcall wrote:
    Good morning Nana and the Mobsters :).

I have just quickly scrolled through all the new amazing gifts and I will update the list soon! This thread has given me a good chuckle this morning!

Good morning Idontrcall & everyone here,
    happy T.G.I.F Friday & weekend ya'll & hugs.

Nana have fun with all your beautiful gifts,hugs to u :!: :!: :!:
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited August 2013
    Nanatorium wrote:
    More thankies for awesome peeps!

ADWilson – What a meaningful gift, Addy! I can’t believe you went so far as to download my little lot and put them in Aurora Skies. Thank you for the nice comments about the Crunchy house, also. Tori Naan and her cat, mu, are so precious. I love love love the pic of them together! Hahaha that you somehow shoe-horned my name in there (and that it absolutely works) is amazing. You obviously put a lot of thought into their story and their traits, which I truly appreciate, and I just love them to bits! That’s so silly that Absent-Minded is incompatible with Perceptive because I definitely like to think of myself as both… so what is EA trying to say… I’m incompatible with myself!?! Although, yeah maybe not so perceptive since I had absolutely no clue any of this was going on behind my back. You sneaks!

Speaking of what I didn’t know… LOL… your gifts will be on their way to you soon as all this time I was under the impression (ahem—decoy!) that YOU were the one I was gifting today! HAHAHA! I was going to put the finishing touches on them this morning and take pics and stuff but… well you can imagine how productive I was on that front. But please look forward to it and THANK YOU!!!

You know the saying where its a small world, well... our Community here is quite the example of this! I periodically peek at the front page to see what the features are and I recall being rather impressed by the potential in that small, but really pleasant package. I wRECked & faved it, then let my fingers do some clicking through your studio :wink: As soon as I received your name, I popped over to your page and did more sneaking about. I bet the look on my face was comical when I saw the Crunchy Micro Mini (again!) and probably went something along the lines of "that looks really familiar" :lol:

I agree with you about the silliness of some of the trait incompatibilities as I think I exhibit a couple of them myself. It was a lot of fun taking your name, set of traits and placing them in the house that YOU built! I will definitely have to keep this in mind and do it again sometime in the future. I think I smiled/giggled the whole time and hoped that no one else had come up with something similar. Being in FL meant that my presentation time comes a bit later and I always tend to feel a little self-conscious about presenting my gift/s as I see so many truly talented people gifting before me.

Since joining Flash Mob, this is the second time that I have served as decoy and it was my pleasure to serve in this capacity. This IS the first time the honoree has mentioned that my gift is forthcoming... how incredibly thoughtful of you to offer to send it especially after knowing that I am not the guest-of-honor. I look forward to seeing the gift that you made for us. Yes, US, as I feel this is a gift for the entire Flash Mob from hostesses to attendees to lurkers who know GREAT gifts are dropped here :mrgreen:

Thank YOU, BIG *hugs*
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi everyone :D

Just popping in to say goodnight, and thank you Emily! :D

Have a great day or night! *hugs*
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Hi everyone :D

Just popping in to say goodnight, and thank you Emily! :D

Have a great day or night! *hugs*

No problemoooo and goodnight!
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited August 2013
    Blacksheba1973 – This is not the first time you’ve hit me either, you sweet thing! It’s true we don’t know each other well and I hope we can soon remedy that! Thank you so much for Daisy Country Shirt Dress, Matoaka Dress, Falling Leaves Mobile, and Tallest Tree Clock. I understand you were busy this week… hope real life isn’t too stressful and you get at least a moment or two to relax!
    Thanks hon. I'd like that.:D **Hugs**
    YShQCz1.png