Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too Much Color, Too Little Time: A Rainbowcy -Chapter Eighty Six: La Luna Nueva; Jan. 13th-

Comments

• Options
    HuckleberryHen90HuckleberryHen90 Posts: 474 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hey Skip - welcome back! I missed you so much. I was super excited when I came here to check out your thread and saw that you had posted something. I am so incredibly thrilled to see what you end up doing with Neptune! <3:mrgreen::D
  • Options
    yca2yca2 Posts: 273
    edited January 2013
    HE'S BEAUTIFUL OH MY GOODNESS.
    THE PURPLE.

WHO IS THIS FLUORINE YOU SPEAK OF?
    ALL I SEE IS THIS GLOWING LAVENDER GOD.

I prayed he would be purple.

And as for the Friends question...

CHANDLER IS MY FAVORITE TOO. IT HAS TO BE FATE. I WAS MEANT TO READ THIS RAINBOWACY.
  • Options
    fruhurricanefruhurricane Posts: 2,204 Member
    edited January 2013
    Neptune is gorgeous. I think I'll really come to like him! :D
  • Options
    brightredstarsbrightredstars Posts: 111
    edited January 2013
    Neptune's gorgeous!! Eeep, I think I have a crush :) His generation sounds very interesting, and I just love those eyes of his!

To answer your question, I liked all of your generations. I suppose my favourite would have to be Dews. I just love how Dew developed and changed in the generation.
  • Options
    annasommerannasommer Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited January 2013
    Skippy, the great thing about news is that they grow on trees. There will always be new, eh, news.... ah youknowhatimean 8)

Neptune sure sounds interesting. Let´s see where you will take him :D
  • Options
    NiaburNiabur Posts: 5,773 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Skip45 wrote:
    Niabur wrote:
    Just gonna say Helllluuur on this good ol' thread, even though I said it on tumblr, mwuaha ;3.
    You missed meeeeeeee, which is proof that thou loveths me. c:

This whole pointless debate is going to begin again, isn't it? xD!
    But, maybe... ;)

&Sucks about the Fluorine thang... But I guess it will make it more mysterious and surprisingly for us when reading about Neptune ;33.
  • Options
    JagPacker26JagPacker26 Posts: 8,407 Member
    edited January 2013
    Well lemme just tell you that Trista would probably be a front-runner for my heir. I think that would be cool if I had a berry fairy as the next 100 BC gen. She does not disappoint looks-wise as she blossoms. Tigerlily is a beauty as well! :D

Trista and Tigerlily are probably two of my favorite kids in the house besides Adelaide, Elise, and Levi. Loved their time in the house and miss them already as they are now YAs in-game. :(

I am secretly hoping though they don't give Robert any grandbabies because I will disqualify any female that has given Robert any grandchildren and I think Trista would be the perfect child to carry Robert's torch.
  • Options
    tibblestibbles Posts: 785 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Skip! You're back! :D I'm already liking the characters in this generation. They seem quite believable.
  • Options
    CrazyInLove12CrazyInLove12 Posts: 44
    edited January 2013
    I forgot my login info so I couldn't post anything for a while otherwise I would've the moment I found out you were back!!

I checked almost everyday for a few months then I was like, wait, MAYBE if I just wait a week or two to check again she'll be back and well (Which I'm really glad you are :) But it didn't work the first time :( So when didn't check for the winter break and then you were back I was, YaY!!

I was really looking forward to finishing Fluorine's gen but I completely understand about starting fresh! Truthfully, I didn't think I'd be into Neptune's gen but after reading about him I really think it's going to be great !!
  • Options
    Skip45Skip45 Posts: 19,876 New Member
    edited January 2013
    tibbles wrote:
    Skip! You're back! :D I'm already liking the characters in this generation. They seem quite believable.
    I am! :3 I have made a return. c:
    I'm so glad. ^-^ There will still be some supernatural, being as Nepty is a vampire and all... but I'm trying my best to make relatable characters. x3
    Niabur wrote:
    This whole pointless debate is going to begin again, isn't it? xD!
    But, maybe... ;)

&Sucks about the Fluorine thang... But I guess it will make it more mysterious and surprisingly for us when reading about Neptune ;33.
    It's not pointless, it's true. c: YOU LOVE ME.

I know... I'm sorry. :c If it makes you feel ANY better, there will be an, erm, bad behind girl. 8)
    annasommer wrote:
    Skippy, the great thing about news is that they grow on trees. There will always be new, eh, news.... ah youknowhatimean 8)

Neptune sure sounds interesting. Let´s see where you will take him :D
    I understand. ;) Just make sure to keep me updated! :]

Oooh, I do hope so! I'm trying to make him seem real and relatable. I don't think anyone has NOT pondered upon religion before. :lol:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Rusty333P wrote:
    AHHH, NEPTUNEEEEEE <3

Can I have him, Skippeh, please?
    Hehehehe :lol:
    I love you, Rustehhhhh c:
    Ahh my jeez between the intro and the things I've seen on Tumblr I can tell that I'm going to love this, like I love all your writing.

It's really nice to have you back, Skip, I think I can speak for all of us when I say we missed you :3

The crazy thing is, I was in love with that song when I was seven. So this gen is probably going to bring back memories of the nice little school girl I used to be pre-high school. XD
    Well my writing is a little rusty, but I really do hope you guys will like this generation. I'm trying to do something different but real. c:

It's nice to be back. I missed ya, Nightykins. c:

Really!? :lol: Everyone goes through the phase, I think. xD
    shogunfish wrote:
    I'm so excited for Neptune! It sounds like its gonna be good!
    I do hope it will be. I've a lot of time and experience with this generation's theme. x3
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Neptune's gorgeous!! Eeep, I think I have a crush :) His generation sounds very interesting, and I just love those eyes of his!

To answer your question, I liked all of your generations. I suppose my favourite would have to be Dews. I just love how Dew developed and changed in the generation.
    Aww, I think he's a cutie, too! :] I adore him so much. Although that's because I've imagined a story line. :lol: I hope you like it. <3 They do stand out, don't they? :]

Aww, I loved Dew. His generation was when I really tried to focus on my writing, in case you couldn't tell by all the chapters. :lol:
    Neptune is gorgeous. I think I'll really come to like him! :D
    I'm so glad! I adore the heck out of him, and I really think you guys will like his generation. I hope it's a bit different. :)
    yca2 wrote:
    HE'S BEAUTIFUL OH MY GOODNESS.
    THE PURPLE.

WHO IS THIS FLUORINE YOU SPEAK OF?
    ALL I SEE IS THIS GLOWING LAVENDER GOD.

I prayed he would be purple.

And as for the Friends question...

CHANDLER IS MY FAVORITE TOO. IT HAS TO BE FATE. I WAS MEANT TO READ THIS RAINBOWACY.
    HE IS LIKE A CLONE OF PLUTO.
    IT IS GLORIOUS.
    :lol:

OHMYGOODNESS. I CAN NOT PUT INTO WORDS HOW MUCH I LAUGHED AT THAT.

WE HAVE SO MUCH IN COMMON OMG.
    Seriously, you can tell a lot about a person based upon their favorite Friends character.
    Hey Skip - welcome back! I missed you so much. I was super excited when I came here to check out your thread and saw that you had posted something. I am so incredibly thrilled to see what you end up doing with Neptune! <3:mrgreen::D
    Hello there, I'm glad i was missed, I certainly missed you all so much. :3
    I'm glad, too, because I have missed writing so much. <3
    I hope you guys like it! I'm so excited to get his generation going. x3
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Miax0 wrote:
    I was really looking forward to seeing how Flourine's gen turned out, with Pluto and going back to her family and everything, but i understand the need for a new start <3

Holy, Neptune's description sounds pretty dang amazing and well written! I can't wait to read this new gen and your writing again <3 Though, Flourine taking the cure only made him half human, huh. That's interesting :O
    I do have some wrote up, and if I have extra time, I might be able to manage to get it out. I just really wanted a fresh start with all this new found personality-ness. :3

Eep! I'm so glad! I was worried it wouldn't make sense. :lol: I hope you guys like this generation, I am so excited for it. x3 Yup, he's only a halfy. It's gonna play a big part in his story later on. 8)
    Well lemme just tell you that Trista would probably be a front-runner for my heir. I think that would be cool if I had a berry fairy as the next 100 BC gen. She does not disappoint looks-wise as she blossoms. Tigerlily is a beauty as well! :D

Trista and Tigerlily are probably two of my favorite kids in the house besides Adelaide, Elise, and Levi. Loved their time in the house and miss them already as they are now YAs in-game. :(

I am secretly hoping though they don't give Robert any grandbabies because I will disqualify any female that has given Robert any grandchildren and I think Trista would be the perfect child to carry Robert's torch.
    That would be pretty cool! Eeeep! I can not wait to see them all grown up! I'm so excited!
    I forgot my login info so I couldn't post anything for a while otherwise I would've the moment I found out you were back!!

I checked almost everyday for a few months then I was like, wait, MAYBE if I just wait a week or two to check again she'll be back and well (Which I'm really glad you are :) But it didn't work the first time :( So when didn't check for the winter break and then you were back I was, YaY!!

I was really looking forward to finishing Fluorine's gen but I completely understand about starting fresh! Truthfully, I didn't think I'd be into Neptune's gen but after reading about him I really think it's going to be great !!
    Oh, it's fine, it's wonderful to see you now. <3

Aw, I'm glad you're happy I'm back! It's great to be back. I missed this community! <3

And I'm sorry about that. :c I do have a little piece wrote up for Fluorine, and if I manage to have extra time, I could try to post some of it.
    I really do hope you like his generation! I've spent a VERY long time planning it. :lol:
  • Options
    serindeppityserindeppity Posts: 6,690 Member
    edited January 2013
    Skip45 wrote:
    Hello there, love! It's wonderful to see you, too! :]
    Everything is wonderful with me, now. :] Just needed some time to myself. :3
    Hope you're great? <3

I'm doing pretty good, wishing I had more time to do stuff, y'know. Glad you were able to get time for yourself and that things are wonderful :D<3
    g8b3.png
    Danevbie Legacy 8.24
  • Options
    Miax0Miax0 Posts: 15,840 Member
    edited January 2013
    Skip45 wrote:
    ]

I do have some wrote up, and if I have extra time, I might be able to manage to get it out. I just really wanted a fresh start with all this new found personality-ness. :3

Eep! I'm so glad! I was worried it wouldn't make sense. :lol: I hope you guys like this generation, I am so excited for it. x3 Yup, he's only a halfy. It's gonna play a big part in his story later on. 8)
    I gotcha, because if you continued where you left off on Flourine's gen it would have had been all sad and angry, etc etc? (how else would someone feel when the person they love does something that drastic to them, even if it's for their 'own good' in the persons eyes)

It makes complete sense to me (: Can't wait to see how that comes into play and ALSO i am very curious as to how he has all of those bruises in the photos (don't think anyone has mentioned that) :o
  • Options
    NiaburNiabur Posts: 5,773 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Skip45 wrote:
    It's not pointless, it's true. c: YOU LOVE ME.

I know... I'm sorry. :c If it makes you feel ANY better, there will be an, erm, bad behind girl. 8)

No comment. ;)

ooOoOoOoOO... Interesting ;o. I suppose it will maybe explain all those bruises and cuts, eh?
  • Options
    tarylljdjtarylljdj Posts: 774 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hey Skip, once again I am glad your back. :D Neptune sounds like an very ineteresting Character and I can't wait for the next update. :D
  • Options
    madhatter123madhatter123 Posts: 5,624 Member
    edited January 2013
    SKIP IS BACK.

tumblr_men93mDWXt1r4hu81.gif
    tumblr_meh0hvvOiB1qck0o4o1_500.gif
    tumblr_lpxplorVKL1qii6tmo1_500.gif

And Neptune is really hot.
  • Options
    brightredstarsbrightredstars Posts: 111
    edited January 2013
    Hey Skip just to let you know I think somebody might have hacked into the Drop Family Tree. I was looking at it and some person renamed Rayne and added some people
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    SKIP IS BACK.

tumblr_men93mDWXt1r4hu81.gif
    tumblr_meh0hvvOiB1qck0o4o1_500.gif
    tumblr_lpxplorVKL1qii6tmo1_500.gif

And Neptune is really hot.
    Hehehe! :D I'm glad you seem so happy! c:
    And I think so, too. 8)
    ALSO YOUR SIGGY. OMG.
    Hey Skip just to let you know I think somebody might have hacked into the Drop Family Tree. I was looking at it and some person renamed Rayne and added some people
    Ughhhh :c
    Thank you so much for letting me know. I'll try to get that fixed. D:
    I'm doing pretty good, wishing I had more time to do stuff, y'know. Glad you were able to get time for yourself and that things are wonderful :D<3
    That's great to hear! And I know, it seems like there are never enough hours in the day. :c
    And it really did me some good. c:

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Miax0 wrote:
    I gotcha, because if you continued where you left off on Flourine's gen it would have had been all sad and angry, etc etc? (how else would someone feel when the person they love does something that drastic to them, even if it's for their 'own good' in the persons eyes)

It makes complete sense to me (: Can't wait to see how that comes into play and ALSO i am very curious as to how he has all of those bruises in the photos (don't think anyone has mentioned that) :o
    Yeah. And I just didn't want to go back to those days. I was in a bad place and now I'm in a good place and I just want to leave it all behind me. x_x I'll explain Fluorine through Neptune, though. x3

Yessssss. 8) He gets up to some bad things. 8)
    Niabur wrote:
    No comment. ;)

ooOoOoOoOO... Interesting ;o. I suppose it will maybe explain all those bruises and cuts, eh?
    YOU LOVE ME ADMIT IT.

Mayyyyyyybe. 8) Neptune gets up to things. xD
    tarylljdj wrote:
    Hey Skip, once again I am glad your back. :D Neptune sounds like an very ineteresting Character and I can't wait for the next update. :D
    I'm glad to be back! c:
    Thank you! I hope you guys really like him, because I do. x3
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Chapter Eighty Six: La Luna Nueva

Screenshot-68_zps28e88d71.jpg"size=750"
    Throughout my childhood, I had grown up with a strong sense of faith. I was raised in a Christian family, and while my mother always told me that I may never know my real biological father, she assured me that I would always have our ‘heavenly father’, as well as my step-father. But what exactly is a ‘heavenly father’? He’s bogus, that’s what.

He is supposed to be some super being, and the creator of all. But, why, then, does He let children starve, or give a husband a wandering eye? Why does He give children to families who have one too many, yet leave another couple incapable of experiencing the joy even once? I’ve noticed that in the long run, He appears to give very little compared to what He wants in return.

Besides, how are we even supposed to have a connection with him? We’re supposed to talk to ourselves and bow our heads in servitude. It doesn’t make any sense. Why would a father want to instill fear into his child?

I wouldn’t, that much is for sure. If I ever had a child, I would want him or her to know that they’re perfect, in every way. And even if they point out every single flaw to me, I want to assure them being different than what society wants is okay. I would never abandon my child like my father did to me; I would smother them with love until my dying day.

Twenty years, it's breaking you down now that you understand there's no one around; take a breath, just take a seat - you're falling apart, and tearing at the seams.

But maybe my dismissal of God comes from a personal hatred. I was born a Halfling; half vampire and half human. While this theory has never been confirmed by my mother, of whom I’m supposing I gained the human traits, she never denied it , either. And it’s not like my little sister, Scout, is complaining about an unquenchable thirst like I do. Therefore, the sun shuns me – it knows I don’t belong in it. But my human traits make the sun itch my skin rather than burn me to a crisp. The night is my safety shield; it’s a thick and dark cover that hides and protects me from the truth of what I am.

I rubbed the sole of my foot into a yellow flower beneath me, watching it crumble and smear beneath my weight. I swayed back and forth, trying to find a new comfortable position to sit in, to rid my body of the pressure points it was feeling from the rock beneath me. My fingers were closed in a fist, and my knuckles had started to cramp due to my tight grip, but I ignored the minor pain.

Heaven forbid you end up alone, you don't know why; hold on tight, wait for tomorrow, you'll be alright.

Screenshot-72_zpsd21633bd.jpg
    “Neptune?”

I hear my name float towards me in the wind; a high-pitch and melodic voice calls to me. I turned, noting the big bow atop a teal girl’s head, her hair knotted perfectly into a huge bun. She had stunning blue eyes, though, that were wide and innocent, like a doe and the color of the richest sapphire. Her lips puckered at the corner, a nervous habit that I had, too. On closer inspection, I realized I knew who she was – she was the preacher’s daughter, I always saw her at the Sunday service (she was always next to her mother, in the front pew). Her eyebrows were furrowed in worry, although I had never seen her with a calm expression. She always looked anxious, this Trinity girl. She stepped towards me timidly, as if she were apologizing to every budding flower that she stomped on, although she was beyond graceful in her walk.

It's on your face, is it on your mind- would you care to build a house of your own? How much longer, how long can you wait?

She stopped behind me, looking down at me timidly. She bit her lip, her eyes gluing themselves to my form as she tried to read my body language. “Are you okay?” she asked. A tender smile spread across her face, although it was pinched at the corners, as if her face was unaccustomed to letting go of it’s worried expression. But that was all it took – that tiny little ghost of a smile, and it felt as if I had been punched in the stomach. She was beautiful.

It's like you wanted to go, and give yourself away.

I wasn’t used to talking to people, and at a time like this, I didn’t trust my voice to stay stable. I shrugged, my shoulders slumping up and down. This was a comfortable type of answer; and answer I was accustomed to - this type of ‘I don’t know’ answer; it kept you from thinking too hard about what you really wanted to say.

Heaven forbid you end up alone, you don't know why; hold on tight, wait for tomorrow, you'll be alright.

Screenshot-70_zps0d6415c9.jpg
    “You don’t look okay,” she noted, stepping closer towards me.

I rolled my eyes, trying to make her go away. I hadn’t ever had a friend before, not even a person to greet in passing – it wasn’t safe for people to get too close to me, and I knew that. “Yeah, well, I am, thank you.”

I saw her shadow move, and I assumed she was shaking her head, although whether in agreement or doubt, I couldn’t tell. I felt her hand on my shoulder, and she moved it in a slow and comforting circle, caressing my back, but in a friendly way. “Neptune, I know you feel alone.”

It feels good, is that reason enough for you?

“No, I don’t,” I snapped, trying to make my voice seem harsh and venomous, although it sounded pitiful, even to me.

“Yes, you do. Because I’m lonely, too, and I have this knack for finding other lost souls,” she replied, her voice soft and gentle, almost as if she were speaking to a young child. Her lips formed a line, suppressing a frown. “You must think I’m a weirdo,” she said.

I raised an eyebrow – she must have this backwards, “No, not at all.”

She shrugged, and I realized maybe she had taken my rudeness the wrong way – I was trying to protect, not hurt her feelings, “I mean, it’s okay if you do. Everyone does.”

I noticed how her shoulders were slumped, and I wondered if maybe, she actually was just as lonely as I was. I know, it’s absurd to think that I could be lonely, or her for that matter, because we’re teenagers, and we’re meant to be happy. But that’s where you’re wrong; depression starts early in a person, it starts with that first tease in the playground and the first time you’re forced to eat dirt, just because the cool kids think you’re a little odd. “Do you think I’m weird?” I asked.

Screenshot-69_zpsc0ea243c.jpg
    She pulled her hand away, and licked her lips, “Neptune, do you believe in God?”

I debated my answer for a moment; it was wonderful to have a friend, and I knew friendship could not be based upon lies, but I also knew it wasn’t safe for me to have one – I could destroy them in a second. But, she was the daughter of a preacher – doesn’t that make her super holy and what not? I sighed, and looked into her eyes, which were staring back at me with earnest, “No.”

I saw her face light up, as if this answer gave her relief. She let out a rush of air, her cheeks sinking in near the eyes just a little. “Then, no, I do not think you’re weird. I think you’re the only sane person I’ve met in this town.”

Out of this one - I don't know how to get you out of this one.

-Lyrics by The Fray; “Heaven Forbid”-
  • Options
    Rusty333PRusty333P Posts: 4,669 New Member
    edited January 2013
    rghirhgikrg.

Trinity is adorable. I love her coloring ^_^

Loooveeeed it, Skippehhhfaceeeee. <3
  • Options
    fruhurricanefruhurricane Posts: 2,204 Member
    edited January 2013
    Neptune is so adorable. <3 I liked how you had more text and less pictures than you used to, even if that means we'll get to see less of Neptune. Lol.
  • Options
    melodicspike21melodicspike21 Posts: 24,180 Member
    edited January 2013
    szkcllasdmASKDNASKLMDA

I WANT TO HUG HIS FACE. He's so precious, let me touch him.

Eeee, amazing update, Skippy dearest! <333
    X4pxyAv.png