Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things breaking.

How do you all deal with things glitching and breaking? My family has four kids all of which sleep in cribs currently but they keep becoming inactive and I have to use the testingcheats cheat to delete the crib each time. It happens with the high chair as well. Is there an easier way to deal with this?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I almost never have this happen with things like cribs and highchairs to the point where they keep needing replacing. But using NRaas MasterController to reset the objects (MC Cheats module needed for the Object Reset command, on a lot it would be MC > Object Reset > Non-Inventory and select). MC Resetting the entire lot occasionally may help, too. Sometimes these objects become stuck "in use" by babies/toddlers who are not really using them anymore.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited December 2020
    Thank you so much. This will be most helpful. I’m not sure why they keep breaking for me. On one occasion the toddler fell through the crib onto the floor when the game had just loaded in and that caused the problem. I have no idea why it happens with the babies cribs. I’m using a body mod so they wear onesies could that maybe be causing a problem?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    That seems unlikely, but stranger things have happened with TS3 to most of us I am sure. Perhaps others here have some experience with this form of CC?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I've really never had a problem like you are describing with cribs or high chairs except the crib when I had IF's in my game. Sometimes they would glitch placing the baby in the crib if the IF was still in the mailbox. Since I think IF's are creepy I've disallowed them from my games with a mod. :grin: That problem was solved.

On the other hand. Did you place the cribs or high chair with MOO on? That can cause issues for any object that needs to be used by sims. I only use MOO for planting or deco objects that will not be used by sims. I try to remember ( I'm old, memory is shot so sometimes I forget and then have issues ) to turn MOO off when I am done with plants or deco, so I don't inadvertently place chairs beds etc with it. Reset object as @igazor suggested is a great option. I have also resorted to sending the object to the household inventory and then bringing it out again if I'd recolored it and didn't want to 'buy' it again.

I think solving problems is one of the reasons that I stick with this beloved game as I am a problem solver and stubborn person. :grin:
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I've seen this issue a few times, although I can't remember it happening with high chairs. I think it has something to do with an interrupted action with the child being put in the crib, or maybe being taken out, where the crib isn't released from use after the sim leaves it. I do remember once that I could direct a toddler in a crib to "go here" and he crawled to a spot on the floor, just kind of dropping from the crib like he'd been at floor level all along, and the crib couldn't be used again. This was before I'd installed Generations, so no imaginary friends, although the toddler did for sure have a teddy bear.

I use MC resets for this too. If there's a sim in another crib that I don't want to disturb, I put the affected crib in the household inventory and then filter to "inventory" when running the reset. That way, only the crib in the inventory gets reset, not the others on the lot.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited December 2020
    I think my placement of some items might have been the issue although I'm not sure. I'm still getting familiar with the Sims 3 and how things work. With the high chair it's possible that I was placing it to close to the wall and it was causing an issue, I moved it farther away and so far it has seemed to be better. I haven't used the MOO cheat so that's not the problem for me. The babies cribs I placed mobile decorations above them. I'm not sure if that caused an issue with the cribs but I removed them and they seemed to be functioning better when I played last.