Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please close the thread** I can't play TS3 anymore due to optimization and its age.

Comments

• Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    My TS3 sims baby grew into a toddler and just like that I'm back on TS4. It was not the cutest thing ever lets just put it that way. :D

CC fixes a lot of things. But idk. Maybe you just want to play sims 4 and dont want to play sims 3 badly enough :) Im more energized to play sims 3 than ever before!!! because it just has more <3 But hopefully sims 4 will improve the bugs you wanted. And for me , i hope deeper, better personalities are coming. Also some hobbies. Theres barely anthing to do! I like the idea of the rumored Winter GP/EP. @Sharonia

You don't even need CC to get cute toddlers in TS3, just the sliders in CAS.

I think people keep forgetting that TS3 gives you all the tools you need to make everything in the game exactly as you want.

you really dont. the sliders do more than *some* people realize :) I use them a LOT. I insist on having a default skin though. Even for sims 4 @ClarionOfJoy

I use a Navetsea skin for TS3 too!

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Rflong's worlds helped fix a lot of the routing issues in the game for me. Why I was so happy that iteration had a CAW.

I loved Rflongs worlds as they were just beautiful <3 .
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Truecrime_addictTruecrime_addict Posts: 108 Member
    Does sims 3 have exterior trim? i cant find any!
  • Options
    Ive run into quite a serious issue. The camera keeps not working. This could stop be from being able to play the sims 3.
  • Options
    Ahh! man. So now, I see why people say its unplayable. It lags a lot in build mode. CAS is fine. Live is fine. Camera lags. And camera lags a lot in build mode. Oh well. I really , really hope Sims 5 is like, an improved version of sims 3. And I hope they optimize games better so that they work still, even 10 years later. Its not fair to the people who invest in these games, for them to be unplayable :'(

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I used to love Sims 3, but for me I find the Sims 4 gameplay more fun so I struggle to get into 3 nowadays

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff that I don't want to go back to. That, and having vampires that act like vampires. Don't even get me started on those alters.
  • Options
    :/ I play new games , with cutting edge graphics , while experiencing ZERO camera stuttering or lag at all. So this camera issue and unplayability, is definitely an issue of sims 3, not being "optimized" :'( Guess ill go back at sims 4 , at least it runs .
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    :/ I play new games , with cutting edge graphics , while experiencing ZERO camera stuttering or lag at all. So this camera issue and unplayability, is definitely an issue of sims 3, not being "optimized" :'( Guess ill go back at sims 4 , at least it runs .

If you haven't already go ahead and ask around on The Sims 3 forum. The game isn't well optimized and certain maps have memory leaks, but if there are workarounds then they would know them.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,360 Member

Did you just purchase the game or are you playing with all/most packs installed?
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Wrong board. This forum is for discussing The Sims 4.

To compare different iterations of the Franchise, you want The Sims Franchise Discussion board.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Would be nice if TS3 went on sale on Steam, since that is where most of the surviving content is these days.
  • Options
    Ahh! man. So now, I see why people say its unplayable. It lags a lot in build mode. CAS is fine. Live is fine. Camera lags. And camera lags a lot in build mode. Oh well. I really , really hope Sims 5 is like, an improved version of sims 3. And I hope they optimize games better so that they work still, even 10 years later. Its not fair to the people who invest in these games, for them to be unplayable :'(

• I have my game installed to an SSD. That helps a lot when all the patterns have to load in CASt when I'm customizing something in build mode - much faster than installed to an HDD.
    • You could also disable the online Sims 3 Store that is available in build mode. Keeping the game offline helps a lot too.
    • I know someone else that had lagging in build mode. Try turning off "Advanced Rendering" under the Video tab in Options. That worked for them.

Here are two links that I found to be extremely useful. Once everything is set up and optimized, you won't have to fiddle with it again. My TS3 runs really well following their tips and advice:

Also, remember that you have a whole TS3 section right here in this forum to help you. You're not ever alone to have to figure this out!

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,199 Member
    I restarted to play Sims 3 back in the fall of 2019 for the cars, Color Wheel, Textures, Werewolves, Fairies, Genies, Heartshape Bed,
    Romantic Interactions & Personalities.

I play Sims 4 for the new gameplays & builds.
  • Options
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Would be nice if TS3 went on sale on Steam, since that is where most of the surviving content is these days.

Ever since TS4 became available on Steam this summer, TS3 hasn't been on sale. I know because I check every week. 😔

• Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited September 2020
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Yeah, there's a lot of stuff that I don't want to go back to. That, and having vampires that act like vampires. Don't even get me started on those alters.

Wow, very astute ... And I assume an excellent example of why Sims 3 is still so popular.
    I would be able to address it more directly, but I wouldn't really know because I wouldn't even purchase the base game for Sims 4.
    However ... Some of things that are so awesome about Sims 3, are the freedom and choices players have.

You can have an evil Vampire that desires to turn the entire town,
    Or one that is a snobbish elitists an that views the other Sims as sex toys or cattle in general.
    They can live in a dark and dreary mansion, designed exactly to the player's desires.

Or you could play a Vampire, that views the world in a completely different manner.
    They can respect other Sims and share their surroundings.
    They can live a life, that with the exception of a few things, is normal (for lack of a better term).

In any case ... A player doesn't have to ask anyone how their Vampire should act.

Freedom, Choice ... All the difference in the world.
    And the difference between playing the game, and being played by the game.

In any case, thanks for supporting Sims 4, and keep up the great work.
    People like you actually help keep the lights on around here.
    There's only so much Sims 3 stuff a player can buy (for yourself anyways) ... :D

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    i'd love to compare sims 3 to the sims 4, but i have never played sims 4. well that's a tiny lie, i bought it when it first came out then uninstalled it 10 minutes later because i found it too restrictive. it felt more like a sims 1 reboot than a sequel to sims 3. just everything about it screams a step backwards, but each to their own there's obviously millions of younger generation that enjoy it.

but for me, you'll only be able to pry me away from the sims 3 when i'm cold and dead
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Yay welcome back! I need to get back into playing too but I'm always working. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow
    giphy.gif

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,360 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yay welcome back! I need to get back into playing too but I'm always working. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow

He's back to Sims 4. Told him to check Sims 3 forum for help.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,435 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    A lot of players think sims 4 graphics look nicer. But i think they are smoother looking and have less detail, but i think sims 3 art style is much better. This game also doesnt lag. Not saying its not unplayable for others, but its running just as good as sims 4, for me. The only cc i need is a default skin replacement. I dont use much cc , even in sims 4. But im excited about continuing the gameplay in TS3! :)

Your pics look fantastic! I started re-playing TS3 just last week actually and it always amazes me how the sims act and react and the little things that spontaneously occur. I find I use almost no CC besides default skin replacments as well because I can customize everything with CASt. It does not lag on my PC either but I also installed the fixed worlds and NRRAS mods. And I much prefer the graphics of TS3 compared to TS4's overly cartoon, mobile game art style.

I'm happy you're having so much rediscovering it!

What do the fixed worlds do if you don't mind me asking?

Those are worlds where the main routing issues have been fixed. Some are custom worlds, but the ones I use are ones that don't cause the game to lag and stutter.

That's actually something I will look into. I want the game to run as smoothly as possible.

And @Sharonia. We're always here to help those players who run into problems with the game. Sometimes playing this game is a labour of love. That's why we've stuck with Sims 3.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited September 2020

He's back to Sims 4. Told him to check Sims 3 forum for help.

im a woman :)@simgirl1010 .
    Post edited by Truecrime_addict on
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My TS3 sims baby grew into a toddler and just like that I'm back on TS4. It was not the cutest thing ever lets just put it that way. :D

CC fixes a lot of things. But idk. Maybe you just want to play sims 4 and dont want to play sims 3 badly enough :) Im more energized to play sims 3 than ever before!!! because it just has more <3 But hopefully sims 4 will improve the bugs you wanted. And for me , i hope deeper, better personalities are coming. Also some hobbies. Theres barely anthing to do! I like the idea of the rumored Winter GP/EP. @Sharonia

You don't even need CC to get cute toddlers in TS3, just the sliders in CAS.

I think people keep forgetting that TS3 gives you all the tools you need to make everything in the game exactly as you want.

you really dont. the sliders do more than *some* people realize :) I use them a LOT. I insist on having a default skin though. Even for sims 4 @ClarionOfJoy

I use a Navetsea skin for TS3 too!

Is it okay to ask which TS3 skin you use? There's so many I have no idea. :D
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    @ClarionOfJoy What sliders are you using? I've found some sliders, but I'm not sure if they work for toddlers.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I fixed my toddler, I think...
    3p5BLY6.png
    I think she improved a bit. I'm really struggling though cause my game literally only has two female toddler hairs and all the eye brows seem super bushy and thick, also I'm just not good at making sims. :D

I can deal with this though for now. Do any of the packs add cute toddlers hairs?
  • Options
    3p5BLY6.png
    I think she improved a bit. I'm really struggling though cause my game literally only has two female toddler hairs and all the eye brows seem super bushy and thick, also I'm just not good at making sims. :D

I can deal with this though for now. Do any of the packs add cute toddlers hairs?

She's super cute! I've moved on because the camera was lagging a lot. Im going to try to make sims 4 the best sims experience i can. While sims 3 , felt more genuinely fun :)@Sharonia
  • Options
    3p5BLY6.png

She is cute!

The packs add some but not enough. There's a lot of good stuff at Mod the Sims and the Sims Resource for toddlers: clothes, hair, CAS options, and mods. This is an example, but I don't use this particular one:

This video and its description will also point you to lots of other individual websites:

Sims 3 Custom Content Shopping #6: HUGE HAUL OF TODDLER CC!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1UUM0y3c8o