Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,076 Member
    KoaCEBG.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,762 Member
    A long time ago, in a galaxy... well ok in this galaxy, I had a sim visit Batuu and bring home a townie wife. They had a daughter, and my plan was for her to grow up and build my game's first Servo in an attempt to make droids like on Batuu. Finally this past week the daughter became a teen and got her first droid.
    ncg3yt3.png

And got frustrated when it didn't work right once she got home.
    ukL9ffB.png

So that storyline's working out. I also noticed that my game is generating aliens with their masks on again, even though that bug was only fixed for new saves. I'm thinking that when it makes new townies they work right, but all the old ones who just run around as bald humans are still there too. If they appeared in manage worlds I would delete them and get all new aliens. But for now, it was nice to at least see a few for a change.
    Rsc8DGE.png
    (The one on the left is my sim but the vendor was new)

Anyway the family had a nice visit to the planet and it was nice to see there are still ways to play with and enjoy it even if the bug isn't fully fixed.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

What I also place on almost every lot are the Trees from this pack.
    1a719cb7a677c5343f697f2a310b0c414693f321.pnj
    4080eed9c17066fede15828ab1f5166c5727aaa0.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    @Daephene , loved the start of the post, hahaa :D
    Oh good that Im not only one who noticed the aliens. Bella save is old, from time of those bugs, but now I had Batuu aliens all over the place. And like I said before, it felt there were more of them too.

It3GsiG.png
    6VcFH4H.png
    both pics taken while game was at same pause.
  • Options
    6NAOFm2.png
  • Options
    XCTgmjE.png
    Second fight with trooper.
    WIVy8Kt.png
    she won again
    JB5GYBH.png
    And that mt Komorebi townie really came all the way to Batuu to ask can she be best friends!!!
    vL7yU3p.png
    Cool! is he dead? can we be best buddies????
    ehr... no and no...
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,084 Member
    Can't believe this thread is still active after 3 years. 🙂 I really need to get back to Batuu.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,491 Member
    Can't believe this thread is still active after 3 years. 🙂 I really need to get back to Batuu.

I don’t find it hard to believe at all! 😅
    Keep it alive folks!

I still believe that JtB is one of the best Sim4 packs out there. 💚
    I’m still building spaceships.
    Still scoundreling.
    Still cheating at sabacc.
    Still taking close- ups of low-poly Gorgs a Steel Peckers.

Oh will the fun ever end??
    I doubt it!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,493 Member
    I don't care what anyone says, I'm still really glad the Batuu pack exists. I had wanted more Star Wars CAS since we got the first batch and getting a whole pack was an amazing surprise. The CAS and B/B is still one of my favorite collections. I've been able to do so much with the clothing since it's ageless and without "trendy" style. The cowled head scarf/hood is one of my favorite CAS pieces of all time. This pack is such a refreshing change when I get bored and want to mix it up in my game a little. The Sabacc table is a wonderful addition to my pirates, nightclubs and various and sundry scoundrels.

I still want to do an "alternate reality" save one day using more builds with this pack and some of my same households. I might even change a neighborhood in Oasis Springs to be more like Tatooine, now that we have Chestnut Ridge and I can move over my Wild West themed lots. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Have been discovering this pack over the last month or so and have been gratly enjoying it. A great way to enliven sim lives from the usual daily grind. Can feel the emotion when a sim assembles her first lightsabre and does the animations. Am likewise making use of the CAS & bb items in regular builds.

Have made a few discoveries in the process:
    There are some CC CAS items that show up in the initial plan Batuu outfit segment. I've no idea what their names are. The accessories are available at this time as well. If that happens your sim can adventure in regular outfits
    If you have made a basement apartment for your sim under the cantina (are there other lots the cheat works on?) sims will be in regular outfits after a shower. They will stay in that outfit in the Outpost neighborhood unless you change it. Going to a different neighborhood will change sim to a Batuu outfit.
    If your sim is part of a household, odd things may happen at the first time using the 'dwelling' necessitating exiting to manage worlds and re-entering.
    The barrier between Batuu and the outside world seems porous. Last week, the sister of my in Batuu sim showed up in her regular outfit. First time was briefly at the cantina, where they had a brief chat before the sister walked away and out of Batuu. The second time said sister arrived while my sim was doing the first Resistance mission. Sim was chatting with a stormtrooper and then sister arrived and joined in. It was a lively three-way discussion that soon expanded as both a local alien and Lt. Agnon joined in. This lasted for at least 15 RL minutes before sister quit and walked away and out of Batuu. The looks sister got from some of the locals were amusing, as though they knew she was an intruder.

Saw in one of the shots above what appears to be an X-wing in a regular sim setting. How does one find one? Didn't appear via bb.showhiddenobjects.

Am not seeing the pack as a mistake, like many do, but more as one that so much more could have been done.
  • Options
    Saw in one of the shots above what appears to be an X-wing in a regular sim setting. How does one find one? Didn't appear via bb.showhiddenobjects.

I have those build cheats always enabled by mod, but yes you can find all 3 ships, from debug
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,025 Member
    edited September 2023
    I understand Disney didn’t want changes to the three zones but I don’t get why a fourth area couldn’t be made. A small neighbourhood of even five lots. Still I love putting on cheats and changing the Cantina and First Order! 😂
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I love Batuu <3

Selvadorada, Strangerville and Batuu and the occult packs are are the best packs for me. I can have my regular sim take part in all kinds of crazy things.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,025 Member

You can have a lot of fun with the pack. There’s good build stuff with industrial theme. I like going on vacation to Batuu with some of my Sims. I like the fact it’s optional.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,470 Member
    edited September 2023

The batuu fans are few within the sims community but we are persistent. ;)

I still like the pack and enjoy diving into the star wars world every now and then. It is unfortunately hard to integrate into everyday gameplay. At home my sims regularly cook batuu meals, which they learn at the local batuu themed restaurant in oasis springs. I overuse the picnic bench that came with this game pack. In my opinion it the best picnic bench in the entire game.
    S509PZL.png
    ...If you have made a basement apartment for your sim under the cantina (are there other lots the cheat works on?) ....

I also added a basement under the cantina, very practical. Every neighborhood has a lot which is loaded as the active lot. I think it is a requirement for how the sims 4 is built. For the first order district the lot is located in the build you can enter to find the holo table. For the resistance camp, the lot is used for the underground base. They can be edited with the same cheat as the cantina.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    My alien characters always stop by here. I like to have them learn all of the Batuu recipes and get some things from the display.

tq263TH.png
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    Duel of the Roommates....

lozlaTj.png
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member
    I still love the Batuu pack. Especially since I haven’t been to Batuu West yet. I wanna go, but I’m either doing a Star Wars troop or I have pony responsibilities or I just haven’t really had the money to go to Disneyland.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,470 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    I still love the Batuu pack. Especially since I haven’t been to Batuu West yet. I wanna go, but I’m either doing a Star Wars troop or I have pony responsibilities or I just haven’t really had the money to go to Disneyland.

For me it is similar. I can't go to Disneyland in real life. It is halfway around the world to visit the actual attraction. But for 10€ (best sale ever) I can visit batuu virtually. :)
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Haflinger wrote: »

For me it is similar. I can't go to Disneyland in real life. It is halfway around the world to visit the actual attraction. But for 10€ (best sale ever) I can visit batuu virtually. :)

It's only 2.5 hours from me. But, there's the cost of the ticket, and on top of that, now they have you make a reservation for being able to go into the park (so just having a ticket isn't enough). I haven't been to Disneyland in 10+ years (and I don't think I'm missing a whole lot, except being able to visit Batuu, but the game pack lets me do that from the comfort of my computer chair)
  • Options

I have those build cheats always enabled by mod, but yes you can find all 3 ships, from debug

Thank you. Debug? Is that a different cheat?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,084 Member
    edited September 2023
    @Oldeseadogge you need these cheats for debug.

TestingCheats on
    bb.showHiddenObjects
    bb.showLiveEditObjects
  • Options
    Thank you. Once again you are the bacon saver.
  • Options

Thank you. Debug? Is that a different cheat?

Sorry I was not clear enough :) I have those cheats enabled by default (mod) , so I often forget what they are actually :D But yes as @simgirl1010 said above :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top