Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS5 Release Date (Fake)

TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
i saw someone tweeted that they found an instant gaming link of a possible TS5 release date. Another website also claims the same release date. take note that the cover art is just a placeholder, we had similar incidents before. EA said TS4 would still have 3 more years worth of content back in 2018, so i did the math, TS5 would probably get released by 2021.

and that's on what, period.

so what do you think?

y'all got bread?
Post edited by TheIntrovertSimmer on

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,790 Member
    Has Instant Gaming leaked the release date for an unannounced EP before? Because if we're going by pattern recognition, that would be a good indicator that they have inside info.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    OMG PLEASE PLEASE PLLLLEEEASE LET THIS BE TRUE!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Has Instant Gaming leaked the release date for an unannounced EP before? Because if we're going by pattern recognition, that would be a good indicator that they have inside info.

yes.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options

that breaks my heart. welp time to change the title
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    favrielfavriel Posts: 72 Member
    They started working on the game last year lmao they are still in pre-production stage, nothing is coming earlier than in 2023
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Instant gaming is a reliable online store. Ive bought a good amount of packs from them.
    Last time i heard about something sims's related being leaked was the IL pack and it ended being true. So, it may well be that.
    Anyway, this time i wont buy it blindly. ill wait for reviews first...
  • Options

that breaks my heart. welp time to change the title

...way to crush my dreams </3
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Oh nooooo
  • Options
    secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    "2021" is hardly much of a release date. This for Google hits, I bet.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Oh id be so excited if it were true!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I'd rather have them work as long as they need to make a good, complete base game... Not like Sims 4 was in the launch (no pools, toddlers etc)
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Too many features still missing from this game for this to be even the slightest bit believable.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,790 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Too many features still missing from this game for this to be even the slightest bit believable.

I mean, I'd argue TS4 had too many missing features in 2014, but they released it anyway. I don't think the same thing is going to stop them if they decide it's time to release TS5 :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Glad that's fake (not that I would have believed it). They should take as much time for TS5 as possible so they don't release another half baked base game.
  • Options
    Glad that's fake (not that I would have believed it). They should take as much time for TS5 as possible so they don't release another half baked base game.

True..but I am so tired of them dragging TS4...
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    favriel wrote: »
    They started working on the game last year lmao they are still in pre-production stage, nothing is coming earlier than in 2023

I'm curious where you heard/read that they started working on it last year? 🤔
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited February 2020
    favriel wrote: »

I'm curious where you heard/read that they started working on it last year? 🤔

they put up a lot of pre-production jobs up on their website and sim guru grant moved off of sims 4 last year and is working on "other things"

currently it looks like theyre hiring to build the game engine theres a few comp sci jobs there last i checked

we're guessing it could be sims 5, could be another maxis game yeah but, [shrug emoji]