Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Animal Crossing

Comments

• Options
    LilfireworkSimsLilfireworkSims Posts: 87 Member
    Does anyone have any advice on where to put villagers houses, I'm doing some map planning right now, but my current idea has them right in front of each other. This will block off the view of certain houses, and I'm not sure what to do. I want to ideally have a "neighborhood" vibe, but am currently unsure on how to get that. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Does anyone have any advice on where to put villagers houses, I'm doing some map planning right now, but my current idea has them right in front of each other. This will block off the view of certain houses, and I'm not sure what to do. I want to ideally have a "neighborhood" vibe, but am currently unsure on how to get that. Any suggestions?

It honestly depends on the layout of your island. I gave each villager a yard but it does take up a lot of space. If you want to come over and look around you can do so! Just let me know and I'll get you a dodo code :)
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member

I put my houses 3-4 spaces apart and then made the other row so the houses were in the gaps. That way they’re not lined up right in front of each other. I posted a picture of my map idea in this thread somewhere.
  • Options
    CZ2S8bb.png
    Here is my new idea, Two neighborhoods, each with a special area in the middle, (such as a picnic area, library, or gym) and a fishing lake in between the two. I will put villagers whose personalities get along in the same neighborhoods.
    Neighborhood 1:
    Audie (Peppy)
    Diana (Snooty) Sherb (Lazy)
    Henry (Smug)
    Neighborhood 2:
    Dobie (Cranky)
    Fauna (Normal)
    Roald (Jock)
    Goldie (Normal)

I may switch Goldie to neighborhood 1 depending on what other dreamies I decide on.
    Let me know what you think!
  • Options
    CZ2S8bb.png
    Here is my new idea, Two neighborhoods, each with a special area in the middle, (such as a picnic area, library, or gym) and a fishing lake in between the two. I will put villagers whose personalities get along in the same neighborhoods.
    Neighborhood 1:
    Audie (Peppy)
    Diana (Snooty) Sherb (Lazy)
    Henry (Smug)
    Neighborhood 2:
    Dobie (Cranky)
    Fauna (Normal)
    Roald (Jock)
    Goldie (Normal)

I may switch Goldie to neighborhood 1 depending on what other dreamies I decide on.
    Let me know what you think!

That looks great!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    closed
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • Options
    Do you guys time travel? If so, when? I want to get my dream villagers, but found out I have to wait 15 days for another villager to ask to leave. Since I have 5 villagers I want to move that would be 75 days. Not sure I want to wait that long.
  • Options
    Do you guys time travel? If so, when? I want to get my dream villagers, but found out I have to wait 15 days for another villager to ask to leave. Since I have 5 villagers I want to move that would be 75 days. Not sure I want to wait that long.

I don't normally but many do and I have before. I time travelled when

1) I restarted my island after a month of playing. I restarted back to my original start date and played a day at a time going forward but quicker to catch up to the normal date without missing things like the may day maze that I had done the first time around

2) TO create a rock garden cuz I didn't want mannequins all over my island for a week +

3) Once the other day to help gift dreamies to people with amiibos

I don't to better my island or get more gold/items but as it's an individual game it's not really any probllem to do so... I just personally like it to take longer so I can enjoy the game longer haha.

Also the 15 day thing isn't always true. Seems to be around then, but I've had villagers ask much sooner, in fact I've had 3 ask me this week (told them all no haha)
  • Options

1) I restarted my island after a month of playing. I restarted back to my original start date and played a day at a time going forward but quicker to catch up to the normal date without missing things like the may day maze that I had done the first time around

2) TO create a rock garden cuz I didn't want mannequins all over my island for a week +

I don't to better my island or get more gold/items but as it's an individual game it's not really any probllem to do so... I just personally like it to take longer so I can enjoy the game longer haha.

Also the 15 day thing isn't always true. Seems to be around then, but I've had villagers ask much sooner, in fact I've had 3 ask me this week (told them all no haha)

Okay, thank you! The 15 day is really the only reason I want to. I really want to get my dreamies, but waiting that long is excessive. I've never time traveled before, but I honestly don't see anything wrong with it.
  • Options

Okay, thank you! The 15 day is really the only reason I want to. I really want to get my dreamies, but waiting that long is excessive. I've never time traveled before, but I honestly don't see anything wrong with it.

Nah there's not anything wrong with it. But if you have turnips wait til you sell them or they will spoil :)
  • Options
    Okay everyone... fishing tournament is over but if anyone wants to come over and just shop or explore I'm away from my switch right now so you can do what you want there haha. Dodo code to come over is 14r6q
    There's still free diy recipes in the fairgrounds too
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Okay everyone... fishing tournament is over but if anyone wants to come over and just shop or explore I'm away from my switch right now so you can do what you want there haha. Dodo code to come over is 14r6q

i'd feel guilty doing that, cause of the pirates i won't open mine. its not that i'm new to gaming just online gaming so for now being cautious.
  • Options

i'd feel guilty doing that, cause of the pirates i won't open mine. its not that i'm new to gaming just online gaming so for now being cautious.

haha honestly up to you but if you want to, come on over! The thing is, personally I don't care about pirates, I post my dodo on reddit all the time etc. I open it almost every day when I'm afk so people can shop etc.

I had one person steal one item once that someone else left as a tip for me, but oh well, I can earn it back. The rest of the time I haven't had any issues!

But even If someone DID pick flowers they will grow back, same with fruit. before I open I buy anything I want from nooks and grab my diy message bottle. If I want my bells I'll shake my money trees before opening but other times I just leave them in which case, if people want bells they are welcome to shake them. (Same with resources from other trees haha)

The worst anyone can do is, if I add them to my best friends list, they could chop down my trees and dig up flowers, but lets face it, I can just replant and they grow back, so overall no harm done haha. And most people I open to can't as I don't add them to the list.

The thing I care about most in the game is my museum, my villagers, and the way I've set up items on the island, which the game doesn't allow anyone to do anything to anyways.
  • Options
    Wow, I'm hoping that being able to walk slightly back in the museum may be a clue to the cafe!
  • Options
    Doing some villager hunting today. So far I have gotten:
    -Lucha
    -Boots
    -Hornsby
    -Claudia
    -Rhonda
    -Moose
    -Pippy
    -Soleil
    -Barold

I only have about 5 NMT left so I'm a bit nervous, but am still optimistic!
  • Options
    Here is my final five:
    -Anicotti
    -Eunice
    -Pheobe
    -Frank
    -Boots (again)
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Wow, I'm hoping that being able to walk slightly back in the museum may be a clue to the cafe!

Do you have online? I can give you more nmt. Also I LOVE Pippy (and Claudia is okay).. I wish I could have Pippy but she's more a top 15 than top 10 and I already have 3 other bunnies in my top ten that I do have haha (Coco, Genji & Carmen). Pippy reminds me a lot of Pippi Longstocking who I loved as a kid though haha!

As for the cafe, Brewster is in the coding for the game and someone on reddit posted a screenshot the other day of their villager asking abut Brewster, so I think he's coming! Maybe in the winter in North Horizons? But who knows, maybe sooner too :)
  • Options

Do you have online? I can give you more nmt. Also I LOVE Pippy (and Claudia is okay).. I wish I could have Pippy but she's more a top 15 than top 10 and I already have 3 other bunnies in my top ten that I do have haha (Coco, Genji & Carmen). Pippy reminds me a lot of Pippi Longstocking who I loved as a kid though haha!

As for the cafe, Brewster is in the coding for the game and someone on reddit posted a screenshot the other day of their villager asking abut Brewster, so I think he's coming! Maybe in the winter in North Horizons? But who knows, maybe sooner too :)

I do have online, I'm not sure of I have you as a friend or not. My player name is Izzy and my code is SW-5856-8832-1591. I've been fruitless all morning with villager hunting, and would really appreciate some NMT! I'm fairly new, so I don't have a lot I can give you in return, I do have the statue of liberty of you want that, and I will work on paying your nmt back as soon I can! Thank you!
  • Options

I do have online, I'm not sure of I have you as a friend or not. My player name is Izzy and my code is SW-5856-8832-1591. I've been fruitless all morning with villager hunting, and would really appreciate some NMT! I'm fairly new, so I don't have a lot I can give you in return, I do have the statue of liberty of you want that, and I will work on paying your nmt back as soon I can! Thank you!

Yes I have you as a friend!!!! You don't have to pay me back :) I'm "Ice" from Tikatown, I'll open my gates and you can pop over and get them :)
  • Options

I sent you a private message on here with ticket location haha!
  • Options
    Update: I just visited 24 more islands, (none of which had my dream villagers), but I found Merry. Despite Merry not being one of my dreamies, I decided on taking her. This is mostly because I'm exhausted of the dialogue and only have 1 nmt left. I doubt I will attempt villager hunting again for a while. It takes a long time, and gives no guarantee.
  • Options
    Update: I just visited 24 more islands, (none of which had my dream villagers), but I found Merry. Despite Merry not being one of my dreamies, I decided on taking her. This is mostly because I'm exhausted of the dialogue and only have 1 nmt left. I doubt I will attempt villager hunting again for a while. It takes a long time, and gives no guarantee.

Merry is great! I love villager hunting haha! But yes very time consuming and def. no guarantee. I've even had the same villager 2x in a row before.

I'm hoping to go villager hunting soon for Genji haha!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I really want to get my island to 5 stars today, but I’m stuck at 4 stars. I’ve put out so much furniture and fence, but Isabelle keeps telling me to put more. I’m so close to placing all the random furniture in my storage all over the place just to get to 5 stars. I wanted to get it by decorating my way, but it’s not working. I don’t want my island to be cluttered.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top