Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farming Expansion Hints in Island Living

TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
I just saw this on twitter and had my wig snatched. I've been wanting for a farming expansion for almost two years already so this made me so happy.

And let's not all forgot that SimGuruGrant's twitter poll hyping a farming expansion.

Plus, look at all those chickens, they look better than we what we had in the sims 3. No shade to my superior sims game but this honestly just looks amazing to me.

EDIT: And as for when I believe it'd come. I do think it would come in November aka EP 8. When a second ep was announced last year after seasons, we immediately screamed for university but get famous was released instead.

EDIT 2: There's also an Off-The-Grid lot trait coming with the June Patch, I was shookt the we'll be getting this lot trait so soon and thought this may have come with a Farming expansion.

EDIT 3: And I've already seen a lot of farming hints in the latest packs. In Seasons, there's a painting that features a barnyard in all seasons. There's also a 'cowboy/rancher riding on a horse' painting in StrangerVille. I'm also hearing a lot of chicken noises in some of the worlds and in CAS.
y'all got bread?
Post edited by TheIntrovertSimmer on

Comments

• Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    If they do a farming expansion before university....that'll beat all.

As far as the hints and clues, it is very obvious by now that they do drop them. Despite the couple who want to claim that they don't. It was no coincidence that there was a seasonal calendar in Cats and dogs. It was no coincidence when they had the boat parked in a driveway in Get Famous. And I believe it is no coincidence that College Cram came with movie stuff. I believe they have been working on a University or back to school pack for several years now.

Edit: And as far as a farming pack goes, I have no interest in one. But I will buy every pack released for Sims 4, there is always something nice in each pack.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    tadeoalonso2tadeoalonso2 Posts: 35 Member
    Im all for it as long as there are horses in it
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Chickens are all over the Polynesian Islands, and trust me, I've been there. This could be a hint at a Farming EP, but it's probably more likely to just be there to make it seem more real. We have pigeons in San Myshuno and Seagulls in Brindleton Bay. This makes sense.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Slightly veering off topic, but why is it that sims 3 fans always have to call sims 3 superior? At the same time that they continue to buy new packs for sims 4? If sims 3 is so clearly superior, why is it that you even waste money on Sims 4?
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited June 2019
    Slightly veering off topic, but why is it that sims 3 fans always have to call sims 3 superior? At the same time that they continue to buy new packs for sims 4? If sims 3 is so clearly superior, why is it that you even waste money on Sims 4?

We play Sims 3 cuz it offers more immersion and stuffs to keep us busy and entertained for a long period of time and also play Sims 4 for the updated graphics and the community. But we'd still prefer Sims 3 and Sims 2 over Sims 4. Simple as that.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options

We play Sims 3 cuz it offers more immersion and stuffs to keep us busy and entertained for a long period of time and also play Sims 4 for the updated graphics and the community. But we'd still prefer Sims 3 and Sims 2 over Sims 4. Simple as that.

what community?
  • Options

Why would someone spend money on a boring, lesser game? Or are you...? There are other ways to get the games.

I spend money on sims 4 because I like it. But I would only play Sims 3 if i got it for free.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,790 Member
    IDK. Back when I didn't like the direction TS4 was going, I didn't buy anything for it (apart from 2 SPs during a discount if you got 3 items) and I didn't participate in the TS4 subforums much. I just kept to TS3 and TS2

As for the chickens, it's true that there are chickens on Polynesian islands, but it's a detail that could've been easily omitted and people probably wouldn't have noticed. They deliberately decided to include that tidbit. I agree that this could be a hint to a future farming pack, which I'd love.

I still think University is coming first though. Maxis knows it's a fan favorite, and I think it was only made known that there are a lot of farming fans later on.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I’m all for the Farming expansion, University stresses me out enough in real life.
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    IDK. Back when I didn't like the direction TS4 was going, I didn't buy anything for it (apart from 2 SPs during a discount if you got 3 items) and I didn't participate in the TS4 subforums much. I just kept to TS3 and TS2

As for the chickens, it's true that there are chickens on Polynesian islands, but it's a detail that could've been easily omitted and people probably wouldn't have noticed. They deliberately decided to include that tidbit. I agree that this could be a hint to a future farming pack, which I'd love.

I still think University is coming first though. Maxis knows it's a fan favorite, and I think it was only made known that there are a lot of farming fans later on.

See that makes sense to me . Because I wouldn't buy a game I didn't like :)<3
  • Options
    Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    omg. This could be a hint you never know, nor does anyone else. I hope you’re right!
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Chickens are all over the Polynesian Islands, and trust me, I've been there. This could be a hint at a Farming EP, but it's probably more likely to just be there to make it seem more real. We have pigeons in San Myshuno and Seagulls in Brindleton Bay. This makes sense.

Yeah I lived on a tropical island and they are everywhere. I actually suggested chickens for a tropical pack like last year I think. I don't know if they took my suggestion or just chose to do it for whatever reason but I got excited when I saw them.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,550 Member
    I just saw this on twitter and had my wig snatched. I've been wanting for a farming expansion for almost two years already so this made me so happy.

And let's not all forgot that SimGuruGrant's twitter poll hyping a farming expansion.

Plus, look at all those chickens, they look better than we what we had in the sims 3. No shade to my superior sims game but this honestly just looks amazing to me.

EDIT: And as for when I believe it'd come. I do think it would come in November aka EP 8. When a second ep was announced last year after seasons, we immediately screamed for university but get famous was released instead.

Well there goes growing crops for necter making. :/
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    I'll be very happy if the next EP is about farming because that will close my wish list for the sims and let me fully enjoy the game :)
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Based on the fact that they're polling right now for farming EP features my guess is that it's in early development and we might see it next year. I'd still wager that Uni is next. They work on these packs for 1-2 years before release. People found witch-related code in the game ages ago and we're just now getting the magic pack this fall. I've never wanted a farming pack personally, but I'll be happy for those who want it if it comes. I'd really like to see University first, though.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member

I can't agree at all that these chicken look better than the ones from TS3. TS3 chickens weren't really detailed either, but these TS4 chickens look bad with their edges. I guess I won't notice them that much though because I usually don't zoom in that much.

I don't really believe in hints (and I think you can find "hints" for all upcoming packs if you look hard enough and want to believe in hints), but I'm still hoping for a farming pack with different animals. I just don't know how much to expect at this point...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,124 Member
    another thing I noticed (living in the countryside myself) is outer wall textures and roof textures
    those are (lowkey) perfect for making a barn
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Nah, I seriously doubt it's a hint. They don't really do hints anymore like in The Sims 3. People also thought the chicken sounds and the other farm noises in Cats & Dogs was a hint, but nope.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »
    Nah, I seriously doubt it's a hint. They don't really do hints anymore like in The Sims 3. People also thought the chicken sounds and the other farm noises in Cats & Dogs was a hint, but nope.

People also thought the sheep in Windenburg were hints to a farming pack. 3.5 years later there’s still no such pack.

Even if we got a farming pack eventually, it still does not retrospectively make any of these things a hint.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    edited June 2019
    We also had snakes in Stranger Ville. And they were just there for the athmosphere. i guess its the same. I would not take it too serious.
    anyways! Farming sounds fun. Its a new idea and I think they heard us.I hope we get it someday

Post edited by SimsWichtes on
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,124 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

People also thought the sheep in Windenburg were hints to a farming pack. 3.5 years later there’s still no such pack.

Even if we got a farming pack eventually, it still does not retrospectively make any of these things a hint.

ok but we on speculation forum here not ''be realistic and think nothing is a hint'' forum
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    What about fairies? Heck, theres statues, art, and even Sylvan Glade secret lot has fairy creatures! And fairy statue in vampire neighborhood. Speaking of vamp neighborhood, it has a werewolf statue too. I hope those two states also come back (now that we know witches are coming)
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    these are definitely background chickens for atmosphere, they're low poly for that reason. i do feel like a farming pack could still be a thing, but a release for next year
  • Options
    elelunicy wrote: »

And, it doesnt make them not a hint. This isnt actually a mind blowing revelation here.

Some packs can actually be worked on for years. I truly believe University or the education pack is being developed and has been in the works for 2 years. I do not think its reasonable for the creators to create a Movie , whose name hints at a highly in demand EP, such as the college cram movie, without any plans to ever do anything college related. There is also a boat in the driveway in Get Famous that has the same overall shape and style of the one soon to be released as the boats in Island Living. I think its very obvious they do leave hints.

Every time a pack is released there is something that stands out because it doesnt fit the theme of the pack at all and soon after a pack related to those little hints is released.

I think some of you want to just go by what gurus say about hints not being a thing and thats your choice, but its clear that some things have been hinted at in my opinion, which is no less valid than yours.