Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think the Gurus will show of the next pack?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Here are my honest thoughts. Since Lyndsay didn't hype up the minor announcements she would be making at EA Play (she barely mentioned she had a couple of things to announce) and it was fans who think it's another EP (from a fake Island Paradise TS3 place holder on a site that had dubbed customers before) ... I think it will be about the swatches. That would cover what they do have to show and ready to show.

It's EA Play and isn't that where they try to get new players to buy into subscriptions for monthly fees by showing off what games can be played with a monthly fee? So, I think another announcement will be how easy it is to get TS4 for a monthly fee and play all the packs. Nothing at all to do with any EP.

But if I should be wrong and it is another EP this soon (Last one was in Nov. and a GP since then) then they may spend some time (too much eating up a whole hour) in CAS as they always do and show very little gameplay.

They wouldn't fly out ALL THE GAMECHANGERS and hype up one of EA's largest events of the year and tease/hype this hard to just show 350 swatches. Usually, the Gurus are so quick to be like "Don't be too hyped., etc" but this time they're encouraging us to be hyped! And the eyes emoji the Gurus keep using are for pack announcements. They always put it in when you should look out for something. With StrangerVille, it was teased the day the teaser dropped with that same emoji. Also, SimGuruGraham also said on April 6th I think that the Sims 4 would be receiving 1 NEW EXPANSION PACK, 1 NEW GAME PACK, AND 1 NEW STUFF PACK. That's official from the Sims Team.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    Here are my honest thoughts. Since Lyndsay didn't hype up the minor announcements she would be making at EA Play (she barely mentioned she had a couple of things to announce) and it was fans who think it's another EP (from a fake Island Paradise TS3 place holder on a site that had dubbed customers before) ... I think it will be about the swatches. That would cover what they do have to show and ready to show.

It's EA Play and isn't that where they try to get new players to buy into subscriptions for monthly fees by showing off what games can be played with a monthly fee? So, I think another announcement will be how easy it is to get TS4 for a monthly fee and play all the packs. Nothing at all to do with any EP.

But if I should be wrong and it is another EP this soon (Last one was in Nov. and a GP since then) then they may spend some time (too much eating up a whole hour) in CAS as they always do and show very little gameplay.

They wouldn't fly out ALL THE GAMECHANGERS and hype up one of EA's largest events of the year and tease/hype this hard to just show 350 swatches. Usually, the Gurus are so quick to be like "Don't be too hyped., etc" but this time they're encouraging us to be hyped! And the eyes emoji the Gurus keep using are for pack announcements. They always put it in when you should look out for something. With StrangerVille, it was teased the day the teaser dropped with that same emoji. Also, SimGuruGraham also said on April 6th I think that the Sims 4 would be receiving 1 NEW EXPANSION PACK, 1 NEW GAME PACK, AND 1 NEW STUFF PACK. That's official from the Sims Team.

Exactly There is something big coming and I think that big is a Tropical Expansion but I'm hoping they'll reveal something in the patch that we don't know about.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    TomaTeri wrote: »
    We have to know what it is first. But if it's an expansion, I have 4 theories to what it could be.

Uni: The process of getting into University.
    Farming: The new animals and how they work
    Supernatural: The CAS of how to make all the new occults
    Tropical: The new world (probably vacation, but possibly a world that is both vacay and residential?)

I would be super happy if these 4 were the next expansions!

I know, right? I don't really care for farming or tropical, but uni and supernatural fit my playstyle to a T.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    _starfrog wrote: »
    In terms of world size, I'd like something along the scale of Brindleton. That way, there are enough lots for what we want: residential (beachfront and otherwise), beaches, and resorts

At this point we don't need the basic lot types anymore because they're present in most of the other worlds

Exactly unless of course they make a bar with a Tropical Theme.

One bar is fine, I guess

my sims would show up

You know, I was thinking that could use that flaming tiki bar, but I checked and it's limited edition content, so they can't use it in their builds since it's not really a "base" item

Which means I'll have to place it there myself :smile:

Unless it's been around long enough that they add it (or a similar bar) to the pack.

For the EA Play announcements, I think they'll start with announcing the date of the Legacy Edition release, then the update with the swatches and bug fixes (before Legacy Edition) then they'll show the trailer for the new EP and we won't get anything else until next week.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    _starfrog_starfrog Posts: 84 Member
    edited June 2019

these are super valid perceptions. the hype is REAL. i do think they will reveal game-changers in this newest expansion pack, whether tropical or not.

still using fabric softener
  • Options
    _starfrog wrote: »

these are super valid perceptions. the hype is REAL. i do think they will reveal game-changers in this newest expansion pack, whether tropical or not.

Yeah right. They wouldn't waste money and waste the time of the Game Changers just to fly them from around the world just to show them 350 swatches in the base game.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm starting to think they're going to announce THE SIMS 5 after they do the expansion...

Edit: Don't take this seriously, I joke a lot. :)
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

Yes, I am pretty sure it'll be something big, I agree. I just wanted to clarify that not ALL the Game Changers were invited to the event. There are a lot of GC for The Sims so they only invite the biggest/most influencial ones.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Only GCer's who are bloggers or Youtubers get invited so they can create information blogs and videos to show after a certain time has lapsed.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2019

What did they do last year at EA Play? And if they do announce a new EP, then won't there be another embargo until like the day before the pack releases? Possibly in late June or early July. I don't see any reason to get hyped up. I haven't seen a lot of hype from gurus, since I don't follow them on Twitter, and not many here are reposting any of their remarks. I only saw one from Frost (?) who made a comment here on a thread to say 'wonder what will happen', lol. EA Play isn't Gamescon, so I'm not expecting some major announcements, unless they want to say something about TS5.

ETA: And honestly I can't see them making any major announcements right at the time they are having to tell 32bit users they won't be able to run it and their game retired here in June. It seems far fetched they would give in one hand and take in another. That would be a huge disappointment to know support is ending for 32 bit machines, and those playes sitting there looking at a new pack in the same month they are ending support for their machines and having to download an end game. That would be so ironic.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    toxikittentoxikitten Posts: 26 New Member
    My guess it that they will show off the new swatches, a free update of either cars/baby update, then a tropical ep ?? I highly doubt they will announce the name of all 3 packs
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I hope they talk about two up coming packs
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options

What did they do last year at EA Play? And if they do announce a new EP, then won't there be another embargo until like the day before the pack releases? Possibly in late June or early July. I don't see any reason to get hyped up. I haven't seen a lot of hype from gurus, since I don't follow them on Twitter, and not many here are reposting any of their remarks. I only saw one from Frost (?) who made a comment here on a thread to say 'wonder what will happen', lol. EA Play isn't Gamescon, so I'm not expecting some major announcements, unless they want to say something about TS5.

ETA: And honestly I can't see them making any major announcements right at the time they are having to tell 32bit users they won't be able to run it and their game retired here in June. It seems far fetched they would give in one hand and take in another. That would be a huge disappointment to know support is ending for 32 bit machines, and those playes sitting there looking at a new pack in the same month they are ending support for their machines and having to download an end game. That would be so ironic.

Two retailers have leaked the release date as June 21st.
  • Options
    toxikitten wrote: »
    My guess it that they will show off the new swatches, a free update of either cars/baby update, then a tropical ep ?? I highly doubt they will announce the name of all 3 packs

They'll most likely do the Expansion first.
  • Options
    toxikitten wrote: »

They'll most likely do the Expansion first.

We'll see. They might do it in that order, they might unveil the EP first, we'll see. No one knows for sure except the Gurus.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    There's pictures up... Looks amazing!

Go to Simgirls post - First Images of Island Living

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

It’s not far fetched at all. They give and take all the time. Wouldn’t make any difference if they’re seeing it this month or next month. If they don’t upgrade they can’t play it period 🤷‍♀️
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif