Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think the Gurus will show of the next pack?

suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
Hey guys! We now know that announcement(s) yes plural will be made at EA Play and now I want to know what you think the Gurus will show of the next pack(s) during the live-stream from EA Play at 12 PM PST on Saturday, the 8th of June?

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    My guess is they'll kick off the event with the Expansion for Tropical Paradise then they'll probably show off the new swatches and maybe some other new things coming with the update. We might get an announcement about the gallery coming to consoles but I'm not holding my breath for that one and I think they'll talk about The Sims Freeplay's new Beach Vacation.

I doubt we'll get a reveal of the next game and stuffpack.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It's funny, because I was dreaming that they announced the new EP and GP, but the EP was actually an anthology that brought back/remade some things from The Sims 1 and 2, like the Livin' Large expansion pack. :joy: I forgot what the GP was about. Honestly, it was all underwhelming. I'd be fine if they just announced Tropical Paradise or University

If it's Tropical Paradise, my primary concerns would be:
    1. Whether ocean swimming is allowed only in the (presumable) new world, or in every world with bodies of water. Or even at all.
    2. Whether hotels/resorts are featured, or if we'll have to wait for a separate pack for that

Everything else is icing
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    It's funny, because I was dreaming that they announced the new EP and GP, but the EP was actually an anthology that brought back/remade some things from The Sims 1 and 2, like the Livin' Large expansion pack. :joy: I forgot what the GP was about. Honestly, it was all underwhelming. I'd be fine if they just announced Tropical Paradise or University

1. Whether ocean swimming is allowed only in the (presumable) new world, or in every world with bodies of water. Or even at all.
    2. Whether hotels/resorts are featured, or if we'll have to wait for a separate pack for that

Everything else is icing

The World is a big concern of mine and the name of it.
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member

Everything else is icing

I would be fine if ocean swimming is confined to the world since it makes the most sense to swim in a tropical world
  • TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    Yeah I don't really care about swimming in other worlds. I just want a BIG beautiful tropical world. Because a small one wouldn't justify the theme...(I'm looking at you Del Sol Valley)
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Maybe the other one is stuff pack, or caw tool announcement
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • _starfrog_starfrog Posts: 84 Member
    edited June 2019
    along the same vein as @catloverplayer and @TomaTeri , i'm most concerned with the world for this beach pack. specifically the size of it. del sol valley was beautiful - it was such a shame to see we only had 6 residential lots.

ALTHOUGH... i am willing to give up residential lots for a good choice of resorts.
    still using fabric softener
    In terms of world size, I'd like something along the scale of Brindleton. That way, there are enough lots for what we want: residential (beachfront and otherwise), beaches, and resorts

At this point we don't need the basic lot types anymore because they're present in most of the other worlds
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    suzyl3 wrote: »

Everything else is icing

I would be fine if ocean swimming is confined to the world since it makes the most sense to swim in a tropical world

Same.
    In terms of world size, I'd like something along the scale of Brindleton. That way, there are enough lots for what we want: residential (beachfront and otherwise), beaches, and resorts

At this point we don't need the basic lot types anymore because they're present in most of the other worlds

Exactly unless of course they make a bar with a Tropical Theme.

One bar is fine, I guess

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2019
    I think we'll see a presentation with a short intro, the announce trailer and maybe a quick description of the main features of the pack. More info will come from gurus and Game Changers between announcement and release.

I think a chunk of budget on this pack likely went into ocean swimming/activities. While I doubt they can edit prior worlds (as has been said by gurus) I don't think that effects future worlds we'll get.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm hoping they show us a teaser before EAPlay and the trailer at EAPlay.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I think they will show us a full generic trailer like the first one for cats and dogs so that we know the theme and main aspects of the pack, then throughout the rest of the month I think we will get more in depth trailers along the lines of world trailer and gameplay trailer.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    We have to know what it is first. But if it's an expansion, I have 4 theories to what it could be.

Uni: The process of getting into University.
    Farming: The new animals and how they work
    Supernatural: The CAS of how to make all the new occults
    Tropical: The new world (probably vacation, but possibly a world that is both vacay and residential?)
    funny-gifs20.gif

• TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    We have to know what it is first. But if it's an expansion, I have 4 theories to what it could be.

Uni: The process of getting into University.
    Farming: The new animals and how they work
    Supernatural: The CAS of how to make all the new occults
    Tropical: The new world (probably vacation, but possibly a world that is both vacay and residential?)

I would be super happy if these 4 were the next expansions!
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    I have hope that the world will be as big as Windenburg or larger. Before the release of Get Together, there was an update that expanded the game to run on 64-bit systems, and now, they are revoking 32-bit support to make Sims 4 64-bit exclusive. What I think that means is that we could be getting a world as large as Windenburg. Last time they changed anything with any of #-bit systems, the world was really big. I have a feeling that it could be happening again. At least I hope it is. Del Sol Valley was one of my favourite worlds but it's just so sad that it's so small. I think they'll make it up to us with this new world since the restraints of support for 32-bit are off now and they did something really good last time they changed anything with any bit support.
  • _starfrog_starfrog Posts: 84 Member

One bar is fine, I guess

my sims would show up
    still using fabric softener
    _starfrog wrote: »

One bar is fine, I guess

my sims would show up

You know, I was thinking that could use that flaming tiki bar, but I checked and it's limited edition content, so they can't use it in their builds since it's not really a "base" item

Which means I'll have to place it there myself :smile:

One bar is fine, I guess

my sims would show up

You know, I was thinking that could use that flaming tiki bar, but I checked and it's limited edition content, so they can't use it in their builds since it's not really a "base" item

I love that tiki bar. I just wish we had more tiki stuff to go with it.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I am more than likely wishful thinking, but I hope that the announcements are the new expansion pack (that's probably obvious) and then either a world creator, or improved infants. ( :( But, I know it's likely not going to happen). I feel that since Lyndsay made that post about the numbers and her saying she had two presentations (if this is what she meant) she's going to show, the expansion pack and probably some of the 350 swatches.

Dannydanbo wrote: »

One bar is fine, I guess

my sims would show up

I love that tiki bar. I just wish we had more tiki stuff to go with it.

If we do get a tropical expansion, hopefully tiki is one of the themes covered :D

I think the big one will be the next pack and any others will make me wonder why I sat there waiting for it to begin when I could be playing Planet Coaster.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2019
    Here are my honest thoughts. Since Lyndsay didn't hype up the minor announcements she would be making at EA Play (she barely mentioned she had a couple of things to announce) and it was fans who think it's another EP (from a fake Island Paradise TS3 place holder on a site that had dubbed customers before) ... I think it will be about the swatches. That would cover what they do have to show and ready to show.

It's EA Play and isn't that where they try to get new players to buy into subscriptions for monthly fees by showing off what games can be played with a monthly fee? So, I think another announcement will be how easy it is to get TS4 for a monthly fee and play all the packs. Nothing at all to do with any EP.

But if I should be wrong and it is another EP this soon (Last one was in Nov. and a GP since then) then they may spend some time (too much eating up a whole hour) in CAS as they always do and show very little gameplay.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Here are my honest thoughts. Since Lyndsay didn't hype up the minor announcements she would be making at EA Play (she barely mentioned she had a couple of things to announce) and it was fans who think it's another EP (from a fake Island Paradise TS3 place holder on a site that had dubbed customers before) ... I think it will be about the swatches. That would cover what they do have to show and ready to show.

It's EA Play and isn't that where they try to get new players to buy into subscriptions for monthly fees by showing off what games can be played with a monthly fee? So, I think another announcement will be how easy it is to get TS4 for a monthly fee and play all the packs. Nothing at all to do with any EP.

But if I should be wrong and it is another EP this soon (Last one was in Nov. and a GP since then) then they may spend some time (too much eating up a whole hour) in CAS as they always do and show very little gameplay.

They only have 4 months to release the 3 packs. If an expansion trailer isnt shown a lot of people are going to be angry.

Even Frost seemed to be hinting at a future content announcement yesterday