Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(UPDATE: 6) 4 Retail Leaks of a Tropical EP! Real or Fake?

Comments

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2019
    Real!
    I don't know... The Kinguin and G2A listings are just random merchants (regular folks,) who copied the fake descriptions provided by instant-gaming. So those can't be trusted. However, I do feel that a tropical pack is likely.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Real!
    At least, I hope so! :)
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Fake.
    TomaTeri wrote: »
    That's not true, the prices are not adapted, at least where I live and the prices are just the same in the whole Europe.

Games that sell on Origin get regional pricings, I paid less for games on Origin using SGD rather than USD, this is also true for Steam games.

ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    That's not true, the prices are not adapted, at least where I live and the prices are just the same in the whole Europe.

Games that sell on Origin get regional pricings, I paid less for games on Origin using SGD rather than USD, this is also true for Steam games.

Never heard of that... In my country prices are the same as in usd, only converted to euros. And it's a poor country
  • Options
    TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    Real!
    [quote="izecson;c-17076581"][quote="TomaTeri;c-17076327"]That's not true, the prices are not adapted, at least where I live and the prices are just the same in the whole Europe. [/quote]

[/quote]

Here, Origin or Steam pricings are in euros and the same for whole Europe and we don't even use Euros in the Czech Republic. The regional pricings are only in some countries It seems.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Real!
    I'm tempted to say yes as well, mostly because Instant Gaming got it right about Pets before. We'll see.
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Real!
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    Absolutely Fake! Nobody ask for a tropical EP EA! All we want is lipstick stuff pack!

Actually a Tropical Pack and a Farming Pack are tied for second place as most requested after University. I personally know people (even myself) who want an Island pack. It's okay to be mad if the pack coming isn't what you wanted, but don't ruin it for others by saying No one wanted it.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Real!
    I think it's real!
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Real!
    True... But what pack and actual date unknown till EA confirms.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Real!
    Real! 4 Leaks, come on! They just have to announce it next week!
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Real!
    Real.
    4 different retail leaks have to be true. They're all reporting a Tropical Pack.

Technically, there are still only 2 leaks. The new ones are regular people who just copied Instant-Gaming and they are not official. Neither is Instant-Gaming, though. They sell unoffical third-party game keys.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Fake.
    Fake News! Sad! Believe me.
    Retailers 'leak' things all the time, doesn't mean a thing. Half the time its fake because they listen to rumors online and consider Yahoo Answers a factual place for knowledge.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    pftnopftno Posts: 3 New Member
    Fake.
    online retailers have started posting listings for it because others have done so too. it's an SEO thing, not based on insider knowledge whatsoever. if their competitors have digital footprints all over the web they need to do the same thing, so if it DOES come out when people search 'sims 4 island ep' in google their website will be listed as the first result.
  • Options
    Kitty NapKitty Nap Posts: 11 New Member
    Real!
    Real! because of all the evidence such as the "leaks" and what everyone is talking about.

It will be summer for the USA when it releases.

The most damning evidence is SimGuruLyndsay liked a tweet on Twitter "I'm not good with numbers. I am going to answer pineapple!".

But a personal opinion... I don't think University will be released for a while. I think they'll keep dropping content so people will continue to buy the DLC to keep the sims fun for themselves. What seems to be the most popular pack is University, everyone and their mother is waiting on the edges of their seats for that pack. When the Sims starts going south, I personally think they will release it then, when they're starting to get dry on content or desperate for sales, I think they want to milk the franchise essentially. But hey thats my 2 cents, and just speculation, not facts.
    It could go the other way around to, who knows maybe they will side with the consumers and give them what they want and (be smarter in terms of longevity of The Sims series too).
    We will have to see how it plays out!

For those wishing for this next pack to be something else that is not Tropical, well I would say currently the odds shown are not in your favour. Just enjoy some beaches, take a long vacation while you wait for whats next lol
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Fake.
    Neither of those seems, at all, real to me.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited May 2019
    Fake.
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    Absolutely Fake! Nobody ask for a tropical EP EA! All we want is lipstick stuff pack!

Actually a Tropical Pack and a Farming Pack are tied for second place as most requested after University. I personally know people (even myself) who want an Island pack. It's okay to be mad if the pack coming isn't what you wanted, but don't ruin it for others by saying No one wanted it.

I believe they were making a joke @suzyl3. I mean, literally, nobody asked for a lipstick stuff pack. That's just plum.

Edit: Sorry for double posting!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Real!
    I think some guru from EA would have already said it’s not true if it wasn’t. Bring a tropical expansion on!!
  • Options
    TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    Real!
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I think some guru from EA would have already said it’s not true if it wasn’t. Bring a tropical expansion on!!

Exactly! This is what I believe as well
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Real!
    Four game retailers can't be wrong. This is real.

I hope we get houseboats.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    edited May 2019
    Think it's about 80-90% real at this point
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Real!

Exactly! This is what I believe as well

Yeah, I was thinking that at this point, if they haven't debunked the rumors and it turns out to be fake, there will be a lot of backlash. With all the anticipation building up, they would've nipped it in the bud before people get disappointed and angry

If it's all a hoax, they need to hire a better PR team
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Real!
    Starting to think they are real although I really wanted University to come first.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    I’ll believe it when I see it. A part of me does think it’s real just because the Sims team hasn’t denounced this rumor yet. That, and I’ve watched more than a few speedbuilds by Game Changers where they went with a tropic theme or spoke about the rumors, and I’m not saying the GC know anything because they’ve all pretty much said they know just as much as we do, but I would like to believe the Sims team would have contacted them and let them know that isn’t the direction they’re going in. Who really knows, but it would be funny if there was all this hype over a rumored Tropical EP, and it turned out being a GP 😂
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Real!
    I'm still not 100% convinced, but I want to believe it's real. I have been wishing for a pack like this. I just hope its content is good :)
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited May 2019
    Fake.
    Im only saying fake because I REFUSE to get my hopes up until we eventually get some real news, and I dont tend to trust shady looking sites like those.